Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-17-2012, 07:32 PM   #571
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BC1836 View Post
Yes, Fess Parker Chardonnay was available at the PTC in December, during our last visit. And, yes, Fess was a big man (sounds like the opening line from his "Daniel Boone" theme song) in so many positive ways. But for veteran Disney fans, he'll aways be "Davy Crockett, King of the Wild Frontier."

Let the countdown to your Poly drive begin....

All the best.
Tammy and i will have to look into that in september.
Old 02-18-2012, 08:05 AM   #572
disneymarie
Its a rumour about the donuts...
Can we play Nancy Drew?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvczerfs View Post
Tammy and i will have to look into that in september.

Hello dvczerfs

We are leaving in just over 2 weeks.(see ticker)
The kids have a short break on Thursday, Friday, we are keeping them out Mon. Tues. for a quick trip.....
but flying. No time to think of driving. Flight Airtran out of Harrisburg was $89 each way. It rained so bad that week we were there, I just had to get back and praying for better days this time.

Off to see my friends!

I want another trip with the AP in the fall, late Sept or first week of Oct.
Di
Register to remove

Old 02-18-2012, 10:06 AM   #573
sharadoc
Visiting Disney World since 1986, happily driving every trip since 1994.

Quote:
You better iron fast bc if your going to iron while im drying my hair!!!

Hey!! How'd I get in on this??

Back to the ironing thing - we usually don't need to iron because either the humidity gets rid of wrinkles immediately, or hanging for a few days will get rid of most wrinkles in the shirts. If not, I splash or wipe a little water on the wrinkles with my fingers and let them hang and they're fine. A spray bottle is great for that too!

Watch Osborne Lights 2013 Winter Wonderland! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcF2eEkqtWk

6X POFQ; 3X ASMu FS, FW cabin; 2x BWV, OKW; 1X BCV, YC, CR-TPV, SSR plus many offsite in the 80's
Old 02-18-2012, 12:21 PM   #574
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneymarie View Post
Hello dvczerfs

The kids have a short break on Thursday, Friday, we are keeping them out Mon. Tues. for a quick trip.....
but flying. No time to think of driving. Flight Airtran out of Harrisburg was $89 each way. It rained so bad that week we were there, I just had to get back and praying for better days this time.

Off to see my friends!

Di
We are going to be down sept. 11th till the 23rd. We got lucky last year, the only day we seen rain was the last day we were there. Let me know when your going down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharadoc View Post
Hey!! How'd I get in on this??

Back to the ironing thing - we usually don't need to iron because either the humidity gets rid of wrinkles immediately, or hanging for a few days will get rid of most wrinkles in the shirts. If not, I splash or wipe a little water on the wrinkles with my fingers and let them hang and they're fine. A spray bottle is great for that too!
Sorry, i dont have a picture of myself. Hows it going!!! We have been busy. Tammy has to go into new york again on wednesday and will be home friday for work. It just dont stop anymore. I made our resis for september last week so we are ready to go for that vacation. We call in our adrs on march 15th. Mays trip is already to go, got some stuff in the van already. I taake her back to philly next monday for an mri and two dr. appoints. hopefully all looks well. She hasnt had any pain for a few months so we are looking for real good news.
Did you find a new house? When is your next trip? Keep in touch!!
Old 02-18-2012, 01:32 PM   #575
sharadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck-PA View Post
Thank you for your suggestions for the back pain.
keep up the great work you all do with driving info. I enjoy reading all the info.

I have a droid phone and just found an app----Gas Buddy
you put in city and state or zip code and it will give you the name, distance and price of gas in that area.
Hi Chuck, We're your generation too! We have a van with a variable lumbar support and heated seats. Whenever my back starts to ache, I turn on the heat on the seat, it's like a heating pad on my lower back.

Stopping and walking, making sure you have pain meds with you, and having the seat adjusted correctly makes a difference too.

Good luck with the drive! We're here for you!

Watch Osborne Lights 2013 Winter Wonderland! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcF2eEkqtWk

6X POFQ; 3X ASMu FS, FW cabin; 2x BWV, OKW; 1X BCV, YC, CR-TPV, SSR plus many offsite in the 80's
Old 02-18-2012, 01:36 PM   #576
sharadoc

Quote:
We are going to be down sept. 11th till the 23rd. We got lucky last year, the only day we seen rain was the last day we were there. Let me know when your going down.

Sorry, i dont have a picture of myself. Hows it going!!! We have been busy. Tammy has to go into new york again on wednesday and will be home friday for work. It just dont stop anymore. I made our resis for september last week so we are ready to go for that vacation. We call in our adrs on march 15th. Mays trip is already to go, got some stuff in the van already. I taake her back to philly next monday for an mri and two dr. appoints. hopefully all looks well. She hasnt had any pain for a few months so we are looking for real good news.
Did you find a new house? When is your next trip? Keep in touch!!
Important woman in the BIG city, eh? I love it there but I could never live in NYC. I hope the promotion is going well for her - give her a hug from us.

We're hoping for an August trip, probably the 14-22, waiting to see if there are any discounts for that time. we haven't put our house on the market yet so we can't buy a new one yet, but I've found a couple I like in the area. Hopefully we'll have the house for sale by end of April and sold by June! If we have to move in August, then we'll probably go over Thanksgiving with no discount and crowds. But it will be our 25th anniversary that week, so that could be fun!

Are you going to Philly Monday the 21st or 28th? If it's this Monday, we could get together then.

Old 02-18-2012, 01:39 PM   #577
sharadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneymarie View Post
Hello dvczerfs

Off to see my friends!

Di
Good for you! We did the same in 2010 - it rained and was so cold for our February trip, and they announced the MSEP return the week after we came home and DH said "well, we did say we need a make-up trip" so we booked a June trip. That was the year we went 3 times. We already had a December trip booked.

Wish we would have done a bounceback for August when we were there in Jan but we were unsure of where and when. Dumb move - we should ALWAYS book a bounceback.

Old 02-18-2012, 03:32 PM   #578
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Important woman in the BIG city, eh? I love it there but I could never live in NYC. I hope the promotion is going well for her - give her a hug from us.

We're hoping for an August trip, probably the 14-22, waiting to see if there are any discounts for that time. we haven't put our house on the market yet so we can't buy a new one yet, but I've found a couple I like in the area. Hopefully we'll have the house for sale by end of April and sold by June! If we have to move in August, then we'll probably go over Thanksgiving with no discount and crowds. But it will be our 25th anniversary that week, so that could be fun!

Are you going to Philly Monday the 21st or 28th? If it's this Monday, we could get together then.
it would be the 28th. She is staying over this time so she dont have to take the bus back and forth.shes not to nuts about the city but its work to her.
Old 02-18-2012, 10:12 PM   #579
happily single
Left foot first!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJC15 View Post
We will be chasing you, leaving from Newport the same day. Need to wait for the oldest to finish his last important class, probably will be on the road by 2pm and driving straight though. Keep an eye out for the grey Sienna with Mickey and Tink in the rear window. Good luck with the rental.
Hey neighbor! Have a great trip
(I love finding RI'ers here)

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
Old 02-19-2012, 03:43 AM   #580
disneymarie
Its a rumour about the donuts...
Can we play Nancy Drew?

Quote:
Good for you! We did the same in 2010 - it rained and was so cold for our February trip, and they announced the MSEP return the week after we came home and DH said "well, we did say we need a make-up trip" so we booked a June trip. That was the year we went 3 times. We already had a December trip booked.

Wish we would have done a bounceback for August when we were there in Jan but we were unsure of where and when. Dumb move - we should ALWAYS book a bounceback.
I did not know anything about a bounce back but got the AP the last day of our trip as we felt there was minimal we got to see. I did not even get to Animal Kingdom and HS we ended up inside avoiding the rain all day.
It has been a mild winter and temps look nice for a trip now. I would go over the summer and drive down, but I am fearing the humidity with my asthma. A late May trip my first, I had so many issues with Asthma I ended up with pnumonia when I was on the way home.
DD threw up too from the heat. Late Sept of 06 we had a trip and it was 99* every day but the last one, that was 55* and I did not even have a sweater.

I really had several nice trips with no bad weather, or only the heat which was better then the rain for me. Except my asthma.
Our 20th anniversary is this year, not counting the 13 years of dating, and we have a cruise to Bermuda planned early Sept. So Disney will have to fit in again before mid Oct.
Might be saying hello again to dvczerfs although the cruise ends the 9th and I can't take dd out the next week or can I? She cyber schools so we would have to connect to Inet and try to keep her caught up...
Old 02-19-2012, 09:47 AM   #581
Chuck-PA
DIS Veteran

Sharadoc

Thanks for the input.
We just purchased a new car with heated seats and lumbar support.
That probably would help out in the long drive.
Never even thought of it.

Thanks
Old 02-19-2012, 03:35 PM   #582
sharadoc

Quote:
Sharadoc

Thanks for the input.

Thanks
Good! That's what's good about hanging out here - we all have different ideas and all together, we actually can help LOL.

Old 02-19-2012, 05:35 PM   #583
nono
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Sharadoc

Thanks for the input.

Thanks
Also, I find squats help a whole lot to stretch out my lower back while traveling. After walking around at the rest area, I drop to a catcher's position for a couple of 20 sec. stints (I can't make it to 30 sec!) I may look like a player in search of a game, but heck, the next couple hours are way more comfortable!
Old 02-20-2012, 11:58 PM   #584
sharadoc

Posting to move us back on page 1.

Question - will $5 a gallon gas make you stay home? For us, that will equate to $500 to $600 round trip cost in gas. Still cheaper than flying. Definitely will drive straight through that way. But it will feel a LOT more painful.

I think that will definitely take away that 2nd trip in the same year. One trip a year at $5 a gallon for us.

Old 02-21-2012, 07:50 AM   #585
tci1212
DIS Veteran

Daytona 500 Traffic?

I'm driving down Friday it is a little over 2000 miles rt, I calculated the gas cost yesterday on triple AAA's gas calculator, 532.00 will be my total gas cost. It is still less than flying for the 5 of us. I just saw that the Daytona 500 is this weekend, We are stopping in Ga for the first night then Saturday morning going to Disney world, the race is Sunday, anyone have any input ? Will we be sitting in traffic on 95 on Saturday? Any alternate routes that gets you off 95 and cuts over to Disney? Thanks for any input!!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: