Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-16-2013, 03:31 PM   #2686
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofygirl17 View Post
That's what we call getting ourselves a runner Let him pass, get a little bit ahead of us and go the same speed!

We were on a newly paved rural highway heading towards the beach in North Carolina and I couldn't find a speed limit sign anywhere. Two jacked up pick-up with rebel flags and huge antennas went by. I followed right behind- they pulled into the right lane and slowed down, so did I, they pulled back out and went fast, so did I. We got there pretty quick with no ticket
i do the same thing. so i guess your the one that wont go around me but stays the same distance behind me no matter how fast im going.

PROUD DAD OF A DISNEY COLLEGE PROGRAM DAUGHTER!!! FALL ADVANTAGE 2013 MK-ODF ALUMNI !!!!!
2000+ MILE ROUND TRIP DRIVING THREAD.. DOUBLE DIAMOND DRIVER!

Old 04-16-2013, 03:37 PM   #2687
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwdebbie View Post
Well, I did it. I drove all the way down. And I liked it! Since dh has let me do 90% of the driving in the last year, I have discovered I like to drive. I am 57 and just now figuring this out, lol. We took the inland route. Left at noon Sunday, stopped at 10 in Orangeburg, SC and back on the road at 7. Pulled into POFQ at 2. So, 17 hours. Mr. Garmin said that if I drove straight through, I would be at POFQ at 2:21 a.m., but by the time we stopped at 10, the arrival time had changed to 3:56 a.m. I want to know what the engineers were smoking when the designed I4 through Orlando.
congrats!!!!!

i4 through orlando, left lane, alot of offensive driving and as my dad would tell us when we were little, in the 70s, sit down,shut up and hold on!!!!
same way through jacksonville!!!

PROUD DAD OF A DISNEY COLLEGE PROGRAM DAUGHTER!!! FALL ADVANTAGE 2013 MK-ODF ALUMNI !!!!!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-16-2013, 04:14 PM   #2688
Goofygirl17
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvczerfs View Post
i do the same thing. so i guess your the one that wont go around me but stays the same distance behind me no matter how fast im going.
That's me! Unless you're going ridiculously slow.
Old 04-16-2013, 05:19 PM   #2689
nono
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwdebbie View Post
I have discovered I like to drive. I am 57 and just now figuring this out, lol.
That is just awesome! I enjoy too!
Old 04-16-2013, 06:24 PM   #2690
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran

we got some great news today about our dd briana (20).
her dreams came true today!!!
she has been accepted into the disney college program and will be leaving on may 20th. for wdw!!!!!
she has been dreaming about working at wdw since she has been 4.
shes looking forward to meeting her dads dis friends!!!!

Old 04-16-2013, 06:56 PM   #2691
sharadoc
Visiting Disney World since 1986, happily driving every trip since 1994.

Quote:
she has been accepted into the disney college program and will be leaving on may 20th. for wdw!!!!!
: :

Did I mention YAY!!!!! That is So Awesome!!! Please pass along our congratulations!

How long will she be there? Just summer or into next year??

Watch Osborne Lights 2013 Winter Wonderland! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcF2eEkqtWk

6X POFQ; 3X ASMu FS, FW cabin; 2x BWV, OKW; 1X BCV, YC, CR-TPV, SSR plus many offsite in the 80's
Old 04-16-2013, 08:04 PM   #2692
MamaJessie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Congrats!
Old 04-16-2013, 09:09 PM   #2693
LoriC1964
Earning My Ears

Question Delaware memorial bridge

How is the morning rush hour traffic on the Delaware Memorial Bridge (southbound) around 7:00-7:30 am? We plan on using Ez pass for the toll.

5/96 ASM, 5/97 POFQ, 5/99 SOG, 11/01 POR, 09/02 off site, 09/10 ASSp, 08/11 WL, 8/12: split stay, checked into AoA on Lion King opening day; also 3 days at CR and 2 days at AKL; 08/13: split stay, Pop and POFQ
Old 04-16-2013, 09:34 PM   #2694
buzzmom12
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Great news! My sister did it (years ago) and loved it. Made great friends too.
Old 04-17-2013, 04:25 AM   #2695
nono
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoriC1964 View Post
How is the morning rush hour traffic on the Delaware Memorial Bridge (southbound) around 7:00-7:30 am? We plan on using Ez pass for the toll.
Nothing like NYC area bridges! Stay left once you are approaching the toll barrier. EZ pass lanes on left and you'll stay out of the way of the folks trying to get into Wilmington past the tolls.
Old 04-17-2013, 10:00 AM   #2696
Goofygirl17
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Yay!!!
Old 04-17-2013, 10:33 AM   #2697
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran

THANKS EVERYONE!!!

Old 04-17-2013, 10:40 AM   #2698
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharadoc View Post
: :

Did I mention YAY!!!!! That is So Awesome!!! Please pass along our congratulations!

How long will she be there? Just summer or into next year??
WILL DO SHARON!!! nobody has slept here in two days!! we are leaving on may 18th and her check in is may 20th. we are going down in june, sept and december over christmas this year. her departure date is jan. 3,2014 unless she extends. she will find out where she will be working on may 20th when she checks in. it takes about two weeks to get all the paper work and she, along with anyone who works there has to go through "traditions". its like the disney marine boot camp. they have to give you the "disney look" before they let you at your job.smile,smile, smile and never point with one finger. she has her room mate already and is very ready to go!!! ill keep you posted!!!!

Old 04-17-2013, 01:26 PM   #2699
sharadoc
Visiting Disney World since 1986, happily driving every trip since 1994.

Quote:
WILL DO SHARON!!! nobody has slept here in two days!! we are leaving on may 18th and her check in is may 20th. we are going down in june, sept and december over christmas this year. her departure date is jan. 3,2014 unless she extends. she will find out where she will be working on may 20th when she checks in. it takes about two weeks to get all the paper work and she, along with anyone who works there has to go through "traditions". its like the disney marine boot camp. they have to give you the "disney look" before they let you at your job.smile,smile, smile and never point with one finger. she has her room mate already and is very ready to go!!! ill keep you posted!!!!
Great!! We may change to June, I'm having second thoughts about leaving my Dad alone at Thanksgiving, even though there's plenty of relatives around and it will be more than a year. I'm very conflicted right now!!! Our June dates would be something around 6/18 through the 26th or so. Would we cross over??

A friend worked at WDW in IT for a while. She joked about the two-finger point too!

Watch Osborne Lights 2013 Winter Wonderland! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcF2eEkqtWk

6X POFQ; 3X ASMu FS, FW cabin; 2x BWV, OKW; 1X BCV, YC, CR-TPV, SSR plus many offsite in the 80's
Old 04-17-2013, 01:29 PM   #2700
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharadoc View Post
Great!! We may change to June, I'm having second thoughts about leaving my Dad alone at Thanksgiving, even though there's plenty of relatives around and it will be more than a year. I'm very conflicted right now!!! Our June dates would be something around 6/18 through the 26th or so. Would we cross over??

A friend worked at WDW in IT for a while. She joked about the two-finger point too!
do you know what epcot stands for?????

E = EVERY
P = PAY
C = COMES
O = ON
T = THURSDAY

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: