Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-14-2011, 06:25 PM   #256
Calle&Jakesmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WendyKris View Post
I have started to take 395 to 95 myself. I pick it up in Oxford and sail right down to 95. I used to take the Pike to 84, but I hate, hate, hate, going through Hartford at any time of the day or night.
Good to know. This route doesn't show up when you try mapquest, google maps or AAA triptiks, but I think it might be a good way to avoid traffic.
Old 11-15-2011, 07:58 PM   #257
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran

hi all!!! here is a pic from this past october of two, 2000 plus mile members!!!
disneymarie and dvczerfs!!! disneymarie is on the right.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-15-2011, 08:06 PM   #258
alenushka
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvczerfs View Post
hi all!!! here is a pic from this past october of two, 2000 plus mile members!!!
Nice to connect dis-names with faces

PACKING!!!! 33 hours before our trip!
Old 11-16-2011, 08:19 AM   #259
BC1836
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by alenushka View Post
Nice to connect dis-names with faces

PACKING!!!! 33 hours before our trip!
Less than 24 hours to go!

And by the time you arrive on Friday, the weather will be fine; in fact, a quick look at the Lake Buena Vista weather indicates pleasant partly-cloudy skies and temperatures ranging from the upper 70s to low 80s!

All the best.
The 20th Century...'74-'00 (23 visits): Multiple stays at the Contemporary, Golf Resort, Old Key West, Port Orleans, Polynesian, Dixie Landings, Grand Floridian, offsite locations + one Disneyland trip.

The 21st Century (38 visits): '01: Yacht Club.....'02: Animal Kingdom Lodge & Grand Floridian.....'03: Wilderness Lodge & Grand Floridian.....'04: Grand Floridian.....'05: Beach Club & Grand Floridian.....'06: (May) Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Beach Club.....'07: (March) Polynesian & Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Beach Club; (Dec.) Coronado Springs & Grand Floridian; '08: (March) Port Orleans Riverside & Polynesian; (May-June) Grand Floridian; (June) Paradise Pier @ Disneyland; (Oct.) Beach Club; (Dec.) Beach Club; '09 (March) Grand Floridian; (June) Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Grand Floridian; (Dec.) Grand Floridian; '10 (March) Grand Floridian; (May-June) Grand Floridian; (Aug.) Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Boardwalk: Garden Suites; (Dec.) Grand Floridian....'11 (April) Grand Floridian; (June) Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Boardwalk: Garden Suites; (Dec.) Grand Floridian....'12 (March-April) Grand Floridian: Presidential Suite; (May) Grand Californian @ Disneyland; (Aug.) Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Boardwalk: Garden Suites; (Dec.) Grand Floridian...'13 (April) Grand Floridian; (Aug.) Grand Floridian: Roy Disney Suite; (Oct.) Boardwalk; (Dec.) Beach Club & Grand Floridian...'14 (April) Grand Floridian: Roy Disney Suite...(Aug.) Grand Floridian
Old 11-16-2011, 01:24 PM   #260
bookwormde
Heading out now, another adventure
Have a good time, WDW is a magical place

Doing a half drive (driving down, flying back), leaving friday.
Old 11-16-2011, 06:32 PM   #261
onelugnut
Donald Duck!

just returned sunday from my 18th drive down I95 and promised to post this.
I am never stopping in Virginia again.
especially the last 10 miles before North Carolina.
I unfortunately stretched my tank and stopped at exit 8 i think and found poor food choices and the gas was 3.57 per gal. Highest in the whole trip including in Disney World. Gas in NJ when I got home was 3.12
exit #4 (skipper) also a bad stop.

sorry Virginians, I am sure it is no reflection on the state, but my next trip will have stops in Carolinas.
Old 11-16-2011, 07:16 PM   #262
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by onelugnut View Post
I unfortunately stretched my tank and stopped at exit 8 i think and found poor food choices and the gas was 3.57 per gal. Highest in the whole trip including in Disney World. Gas in NJ when I got home was 3.12

sorry Virginians, I am sure it is no reflection on the state, but my next trip will have stops in Carolinas.
thanks! i dont recall the exit but towards the end of ga. on i95, i paid 30 cents per gallon more than what was the norm. on i95. i should have kept going but i didnt.
Old 11-16-2011, 08:56 PM   #263
blondietink
DIS Veteran

We always stop in Wytheville, VA for gas as it is the cheapest especially after driving through West Virginia which is always some outrageous price. Usually the very cheapest is in Rock Hill, SC, followed by Florence, SC. From either we can make it to Brunswick GA, also a very cheap stop. If wew go all i-95, usually around the middle of VA south of Richmond is cheap.
Old 11-16-2011, 10:39 PM   #264
sharadoc
Visiting Disney World since 1986, happily driving every trip since 1994.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvczerfs View Post
How Nice! I nominate Dave for the Mr. Congeniality award

Watch Osborne Lights 2013 Winter Wonderland! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcF2eEkqtWk

6X POFQ; 3X ASMu FS, FW cabin; 2x BWV, OKW; 1X BCV, YC, CR-TPV, SSR plus many offsite in the 80's
Old 11-16-2011, 10:42 PM   #265
sharadoc
Visiting Disney World since 1986, happily driving every trip since 1994.

Quote:
Originally Posted by onelugnut View Post

Yep, it's snacks and "hold it" for us until we hit N. Carolina To me, VA is the last "city" style stretch of 95. From NC on it feels like a road trip! I mean, how many Cracker Barrels and Waffle Houses are there in VA anyway

Watch Osborne Lights 2013 Winter Wonderland! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcF2eEkqtWk

6X POFQ; 3X ASMu FS, FW cabin; 2x BWV, OKW; 1X BCV, YC, CR-TPV, SSR plus many offsite in the 80's
Old 11-16-2011, 10:42 PM   #266
alenushka
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BC1836 View Post
Less than 24 hours to go!

And by the time you arrive on Friday, the weather will be fine; in fact, a quick look at the Lake Buena Vista weather indicates pleasant partly-cloudy skies and temperatures ranging from the upper 70s to low 80s!

All the best.
Car is packed, DH, DD, and DM are fast asleep...me=insomnia, lol
6 more hours!
I hope you are right about the weather; travel I-95 weather is amazingly the same from NY to GA: 50s and rain
So excited!
Thank you all for reports on gas prices.; will post mine as soon as I can
Old 11-17-2011, 03:53 AM   #267
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharadoc View Post
i second that!!
Old 11-17-2011, 07:30 AM   #268
BC1836
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by alenushka View Post
Car is packed, DH, DD, and DM are fast asleep...me=insomnia, lol
6 more hours!
I hope you are right about the weather; travel I-95 weather is amazingly the same from NY to GA: 50s and rain
Indeed! A view of the national doppler indicates a rainy day on I-95, at least through most of VA. Charlotte, NC is clearing up in the early afternoon. By the time you see this reply the rain will be behind you and WDW will be getting closer!

All the best.
The 20th Century...'74-'00 (23 visits): Multiple stays at the Contemporary, Golf Resort, Old Key West, Port Orleans, Polynesian, Dixie Landings, Grand Floridian, offsite locations + one Disneyland trip.

The 21st Century (38 visits): '01: Yacht Club.....'02: Animal Kingdom Lodge & Grand Floridian.....'03: Wilderness Lodge & Grand Floridian.....'04: Grand Floridian.....'05: Beach Club & Grand Floridian.....'06: (May) Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Beach Club.....'07: (March) Polynesian & Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Beach Club; (Dec.) Coronado Springs & Grand Floridian; '08: (March) Port Orleans Riverside & Polynesian; (May-June) Grand Floridian; (June) Paradise Pier @ Disneyland; (Oct.) Beach Club; (Dec.) Beach Club; '09 (March) Grand Floridian; (June) Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Grand Floridian; (Dec.) Grand Floridian; '10 (March) Grand Floridian; (May-June) Grand Floridian; (Aug.) Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Boardwalk: Garden Suites; (Dec.) Grand Floridian....'11 (April) Grand Floridian; (June) Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Boardwalk: Garden Suites; (Dec.) Grand Floridian....'12 (March-April) Grand Floridian: Presidential Suite; (May) Grand Californian @ Disneyland; (Aug.) Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Boardwalk: Garden Suites; (Dec.) Grand Floridian...'13 (April) Grand Floridian; (Aug.) Grand Floridian: Roy Disney Suite; (Oct.) Boardwalk; (Dec.) Beach Club & Grand Floridian...'14 (April) Grand Floridian: Roy Disney Suite...(Aug.) Grand Floridian
Old 11-17-2011, 11:37 PM   #269
disneymarie
Its a rumour about the donuts...
Can we play Nancy Drew?

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharadoc View Post
Yepper Sharon, AND official welcome wagon! Nice to know someone that is at the world for any issues, but to have the best, wow!
Nice to have had the chance to meet the great "Road Warrior"

Anyone there at the same time, a meet up is great.
Di
Old 11-18-2011, 06:50 AM   #270
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneymarie View Post
Yepper Sharon, AND official welcome wagon! Nice to know someone that is at the world for any issues, but to have the best, wow!
Nice to have had the chance to meet the great "Road Warrior"

Anyone there at the same time, a meet up is great.
Di
same here diane, it was fun!!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: