Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-28-2012, 10:03 PM   #1816
miprender
Michelle Boo Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronInWI View Post
Traffic was great. We only had three short delays on the way down. Once in Kentucky, when we got behind a slow moving military convoy. We ran into some construction around the Titans' stadium in Tennessee. And we hit a brief t-storm in Florida that slowed traffic to a crawl. Otherwise it was smooth sailing. The drive home through Illinois was beautiful, but quite a bit more construction. Overall though, it was a great experience. I'm absolutely, 100% sold on driving. I LOVED it! I honestly can't see myself ever flying there (or just about anywhere else in the Lower-48) again. I was on my own schedule. We didn't have to worry about luggage weight, which is important when buying souvenirs. We got to see parts of the country we'd never get to see flying over it. I'm just sad that it'll be another three years before I get to do it again.
I am hoping we can say the same thing in April
Glad you had a great trip.
Old 09-29-2012, 03:28 PM   #1817
Disney Vegas Couple
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by blondietink View Post
You should be fine. Not that much traffic on Columbus Day here. We live an hour east of Niagara Falls and it takes us about 12 hours to get to Charlotte the route you are taking. I would suggest you stop south of Charlotte just to avoid the morning rush hour the next day going into Charlotte. It can be bad. There is a hort cut through West Virginina on route 19. Be careful of the speed limits through there. We are leaving on the 10th going down the same route as you. We are driving to Miami for a cruise first, then a week at Disney. Have a great time!
Thanks. Have a great trip.

DVC Owners - BCV since Oct 2012, VGF since Jun 2013
Oct 2013 BCV; May 2013 Wonder; Oct 2012 Dream, CBR; Jun 2012 POFQ; Sept 2011 CBR
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-29-2012, 10:58 PM   #1818
cruisingkat
DIS Veteran

4 days until we leave for our 3rd drive to FL and Disney this year. Haven't started packing yet.
Got our Nov trip planned. Due to our Oct. trip, DH will miss the income tax class that he has to take, but found out it is offered in Orlando in Nov. So we will go visit the grandkids, go up to Disney for a night - I get to enjoy the park while he is stuck in some hotel near the airport during the daytime - go back to visit the grandkids for 3 nights and then back up to Disney for the weekend F&W half marathon to watch our son run. And from there leave for Thanksgiving in Texas visiting the other set of grandkids before heading home for a week to wash clothes and repack before leaving for Disney again in Dec.
When counting our days at Disney this year, our AP will end up putting our Disney admissions at under $15 a day - not bad!
Old 09-30-2012, 08:28 AM   #1819
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruisingkat View Post
4 days until we leave for our 3rd drive to FL and Disney this year. Haven't started packing yet.
Got our Nov trip planned. Due to our Oct. trip, DH will miss the income tax class that he has to take, but found out it is offered in Orlando in Nov. So we will go visit the grandkids, go up to Disney for a night - I get to enjoy the park while he is stuck in some hotel near the airport during the daytime - go back to visit the grandkids for 3 nights and then back up to Disney for the weekend F&W half marathon to watch our son run. And from there leave for Thanksgiving in Texas visiting the other set of grandkids before heading home for a week to wash clothes and repack before leaving for Disney again in Dec.
When counting our days at Disney this year, our AP will end up putting our Disney admissions at under $15 a day - not bad!
Wow, you sure get to do a lot of trips! You have definitely made the most of your AP.
Old 09-30-2012, 08:57 AM   #1820
TinkPirateMom
DIS Veteran

Gas prices are headed in the right direction. $3.69/gallon here in NJ.

33 days until we leave for our drive to WDW I'm starting to pack things next week. Driving really feeds into my over-packing problem, lol!
Old 09-30-2012, 10:29 AM   #1821
BC1836
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkPirateMom View Post
Gas prices are headed in the right direction. $3.69/gallon here in NJ.
Alas, not here. Our local Wawa station increased its price of regular by 10 cents in one day to $3.83!

All the best.
The 20th Century...'74-'00 (23 visits): Multiple stays at the Contemporary, Golf Resort, Old Key West, Port Orleans, Polynesian, Dixie Landings, Grand Floridian, offsite locations + one Disneyland trip.

The 21st Century (40 visits): '01: Yacht Club.....'02: Animal Kingdom Lodge & Grand Floridian.....'03: Wilderness Lodge & Grand Floridian.....'04: Grand Floridian.....'05: Beach Club & Grand Floridian.....'06: (May) Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Beach Club.....'07: (March) Polynesian & Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Beach Club; (Dec.) Coronado Springs & Grand Floridian; '08: (March) Port Orleans Riverside & Polynesian; (May-June) Grand Floridian; (June) Paradise Pier @ Disneyland; (Oct.) Beach Club; (Dec.) Beach Club; '09 (March) Grand Floridian; (June) Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Grand Floridian; (Dec.) Grand Floridian; '10 (March) Grand Floridian; (May-June) Grand Floridian; (Aug.) Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Boardwalk: Garden Suites; (Dec.) Grand Floridian....'11 (April) Grand Floridian; (June) Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Boardwalk: Garden Suites; (Dec.) Grand Floridian....'12 (March-April) Grand Floridian: Presidential Suite; (May) Grand Californian @ Disneyland; (Aug.) Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Boardwalk: Garden Suites; (Dec.) Grand Floridian...'13 (April) Grand Floridian; (Aug.) Grand Floridian: Roy Disney Suite; (Oct.) Boardwalk; (Dec.) Beach Club & Grand Floridian...'14 (April) Grand Floridian: Roy Disney Suite...(Aug.) Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Boardwalk
Old 10-01-2012, 06:15 PM   #1822
BC1836
DIS Veteran

October has arrived, and our countdown has begun. Who else will be taking a 2,000+ mile round-trip drive this month?

All the best.
The 20th Century...'74-'00 (23 visits): Multiple stays at the Contemporary, Golf Resort, Old Key West, Port Orleans, Polynesian, Dixie Landings, Grand Floridian, offsite locations + one Disneyland trip.

The 21st Century (40 visits): '01: Yacht Club.....'02: Animal Kingdom Lodge & Grand Floridian.....'03: Wilderness Lodge & Grand Floridian.....'04: Grand Floridian.....'05: Beach Club & Grand Floridian.....'06: (May) Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Beach Club.....'07: (March) Polynesian & Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Beach Club; (Dec.) Coronado Springs & Grand Floridian; '08: (March) Port Orleans Riverside & Polynesian; (May-June) Grand Floridian; (June) Paradise Pier @ Disneyland; (Oct.) Beach Club; (Dec.) Beach Club; '09 (March) Grand Floridian; (June) Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Grand Floridian; (Dec.) Grand Floridian; '10 (March) Grand Floridian; (May-June) Grand Floridian; (Aug.) Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Boardwalk: Garden Suites; (Dec.) Grand Floridian....'11 (April) Grand Floridian; (June) Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Boardwalk: Garden Suites; (Dec.) Grand Floridian....'12 (March-April) Grand Floridian: Presidential Suite; (May) Grand Californian @ Disneyland; (Aug.) Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Boardwalk: Garden Suites; (Dec.) Grand Floridian...'13 (April) Grand Floridian; (Aug.) Grand Floridian: Roy Disney Suite; (Oct.) Boardwalk; (Dec.) Beach Club & Grand Floridian...'14 (April) Grand Floridian: Roy Disney Suite...(Aug.) Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Boardwalk
Old 10-01-2012, 08:48 PM   #1823
LadyBeBop
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BC1836 View Post
October has arrived, and our countdown has begun. Who else will be taking a 2,000+ mile round-trip drive this month?

All the best.
Our countdown has begun...for October 2013.

We're officially in the 300s. Gonna be a long year.

Quote:
What? 2019 or 2020? Say it ain't so!

You must "sneak in a day" next year. That's an order!
Old 10-01-2012, 10:23 PM   #1824
cruisingkat
DIS Veteran

Quote:

All the best.
Leave in two days for our Oct. trip and F&W for my birthday.

Getting excited about our Nov. trip - we should be there for the passholder preview of the New Fantasyland expansion.
Old 10-02-2012, 12:02 AM   #1825
BC1836
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruisingkat View Post
Leave in two days for our Oct. trip and F&W for my birthday.

Getting excited about our Nov. trip - we should be there for the passholder preview of the New Fantasyland expansion.
Cool! Since it's just after midnight, you've got one more day to go before you depart for WDW!

We read about the passholder previews in November. Cool!

All the best.

Old 10-02-2012, 07:10 AM   #1826
Valley Twin
Chief Curmudgeon

Quote:

All the best.
We leave at 12:00 noon on 10/19 from Philly (DH has to work that morning), overnight in Fayetteville, NC then on to Disney bright and early the morning of 10/20!
Old 10-02-2012, 09:11 AM   #1827
sticker231
DIS Veteran

Quote:

All the best.
We are leaving on the 12th!

OUR TRIPS TO WDW
OCTOBER 2005, APRIL 2006, OCTOBER 2006, MARCH 2007, JUNE 2007, OCTOBER 2007,
APRIL 2008, OCTOBER 2008, OCTOBER 2009, APRIL 2010, OCTOBER 2010, OCTOBER 2011, MAY 2012,OCTOBER 2012, OCTOBER 2013, OCTOBER 2014
Old 10-02-2012, 10:47 AM   #1828
loveysbydesign
I can pinch a penny so hard you can hear it scream for miles!

WOO-HOO heading out on Oct. 19th in the am..hopefully by 8 at the latest!

May 2006-1st family trip to WDW! Loved Windsor Hills! Total cost including airfare, condo. rental at WH, park tix and rental car =$1800
Nov. 13-22 2007-2nd trip to WDW with Baby Hartley #3-it's a boy!!! Total cost including airfare, condo. rental at WH, park tix and rental car =$2200
May 2009- 3 nights in a 2 bedroom at SSR and then our 1st Disney cruise on the Magic! Total cost for 2 Cat. 12's -upgraded to Cat. 10's=$2900

June 11-20 2010- Our super cheap, surprising the kids, 1st time driving, celebrating Ryan's 3rd birthday trip! Total cost=$950
Nov.12-22, 2010 Took our in-laws along for their 1st trip ever! Stayed at Indian Creek and had a blast!
Oct.10-15, 2011 Crazy Columbus Crowds(did YES program) & cruised on the Dream Oct. 16-20
Oct. 19-29, 2012 Our trip re-do w/the in-laws, swam w/ the manatees & drove home through Sandy!
June 21-30, 2013 Celebrating our 17th anniversary!
Old 10-02-2012, 12:57 PM   #1829
somanykids
Earning My Ears

We are leaving one week from today (10/9)! We are driving from KC straight through to Orlando. So excited!!!
Old 10-02-2012, 02:09 PM   #1830
BC1836
DIS Veteran

So far, three 2,000+ mile round-trip drivers are departing on 10/19, but all at different times during the day...and night. Cool.

All the best.

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: