Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-14-2012, 07:55 AM   #1756
miprender
Michelle Boo Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvczerfs View Post

Love the photos and glad you had a safe trip down!

Quote:
Originally Posted by justakrazymom View Post
We r here traffic on I4 was horrible but we r here
Enjoy
Old 09-14-2012, 08:25 AM   #1757
BC1836
DIS Veteran

Quote:
bc! i seem to have a wrong number for jungle cruiser. all i get is a phone mail.(unless shes into rap music, i dont think its her ) can you have her shoot me a text? thank you sir!
I just forwarded your message to her.

All the best.
The 20th Century...'74-'00 (23 visits): Multiple stays at the Contemporary, Golf Resort, Old Key West, Port Orleans, Polynesian, Dixie Landings, Grand Floridian, offsite locations + one Disneyland trip.

The 21st Century (38 visits): '01: Yacht Club.....'02: Animal Kingdom Lodge & Grand Floridian.....'03: Wilderness Lodge & Grand Floridian.....'04: Grand Floridian.....'05: Beach Club & Grand Floridian.....'06: (May) Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Beach Club.....'07: (March) Polynesian & Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Beach Club; (Dec.) Coronado Springs & Grand Floridian; '08: (March) Port Orleans Riverside & Polynesian; (May-June) Grand Floridian; (June) Paradise Pier @ Disneyland; (Oct.) Beach Club; (Dec.) Beach Club; '09 (March) Grand Floridian; (June) Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Grand Floridian; (Dec.) Grand Floridian; '10 (March) Grand Floridian; (May-June) Grand Floridian; (Aug.) Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Boardwalk: Garden Suites; (Dec.) Grand Floridian....'11 (April) Grand Floridian; (June) Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Boardwalk: Garden Suites; (Dec.) Grand Floridian....'12 (March-April) Grand Floridian: Presidential Suite; (May) Grand Californian @ Disneyland; (Aug.) Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Boardwalk: Garden Suites; (Dec.) Grand Floridian...'13 (April) Grand Floridian; (Aug.) Grand Floridian: Roy Disney Suite; (Oct.) Boardwalk; (Dec.) Beach Club & Grand Floridian...'14 (April) Grand Floridian: Roy Disney Suite...(Aug.) Grand Floridian
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-14-2012, 08:32 AM   #1758
BC1836
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Yes!

We experienced the worst I-4 traffic on on first drive in 2002. It was caused by an accident around mm 70. But, like you, we finally made it.

Now then, no more talk about your drive. Start having all the fun you expected from a WDW experience.

All the best.
The 20th Century...'74-'00 (23 visits): Multiple stays at the Contemporary, Golf Resort, Old Key West, Port Orleans, Polynesian, Dixie Landings, Grand Floridian, offsite locations + one Disneyland trip.

The 21st Century (38 visits): '01: Yacht Club.....'02: Animal Kingdom Lodge & Grand Floridian.....'03: Wilderness Lodge & Grand Floridian.....'04: Grand Floridian.....'05: Beach Club & Grand Floridian.....'06: (May) Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Beach Club.....'07: (March) Polynesian & Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Beach Club; (Dec.) Coronado Springs & Grand Floridian; '08: (March) Port Orleans Riverside & Polynesian; (May-June) Grand Floridian; (June) Paradise Pier @ Disneyland; (Oct.) Beach Club; (Dec.) Beach Club; '09 (March) Grand Floridian; (June) Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Grand Floridian; (Dec.) Grand Floridian; '10 (March) Grand Floridian; (May-June) Grand Floridian; (Aug.) Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Boardwalk: Garden Suites; (Dec.) Grand Floridian....'11 (April) Grand Floridian; (June) Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Boardwalk: Garden Suites; (Dec.) Grand Floridian....'12 (March-April) Grand Floridian: Presidential Suite; (May) Grand Californian @ Disneyland; (Aug.) Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Boardwalk: Garden Suites; (Dec.) Grand Floridian...'13 (April) Grand Floridian; (Aug.) Grand Floridian: Roy Disney Suite; (Oct.) Boardwalk; (Dec.) Beach Club & Grand Floridian...'14 (April) Grand Floridian: Roy Disney Suite...(Aug.) Grand Floridian
Old 09-14-2012, 11:06 AM   #1759
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by miprender View Post
Love the photos and glad you had a safe trip down!

Enjoy
thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BC1836 View Post
I just forwarded your message to her.

All the best.
she sent me a text, thanks bc!! i had two of her numbers switched around.

PROUD DAD OF A DISNEY COLLEGE PROGRAM DAUGHTER!!! FALL ADVANTAGE 2013 MK-ODF ALUMNI !!!!!
2000+ MILE ROUND TRIP DRIVING THREAD.. DOUBLE DIAMOND DRIVER!

Old 09-14-2012, 01:37 PM   #1760
sharadoc
Visiting Disney World since 1986, happily driving every trip since 1994.

Quote:
Glad you made it. We always go via 417 instead of I-4, it's only $7.50 in tolls and practically empty most of the day.

Watch Osborne Lights 2013 Winter Wonderland! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcF2eEkqtWk

6X POFQ; 3X ASMu FS, FW cabin; 2x BWV, OKW; 1X BCV, YC, CR-TPV, SSR plus many offsite in the 80's
Old 09-14-2012, 02:52 PM   #1761
BC1836
DIS Veteran

Quote:
thanks!

she sent me a text, thanks bc!! i had two of her numbers switched around.
You are most welcome. She and her family are very special to us.

Of course, I hope they will forgive me after I phoned them at home last year while on Spaceship Earth requesting the identifications of the historical figures that were duplicates of various presidents in the Hall of Presidents.

Enjoy.

All the best.

Old 09-15-2012, 06:33 AM   #1762
nono
DIS Veteran

Hey folks -- just got back yesterday from a 2 week trip to FL. We did indeed decide to leave on the Sat. of Labor Day weekend, as we realized we could go a couple days early.

We left on a lunchtime ferry, took some small back roads, and were across the Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel by 5 p.m. VA Beach/Hampton Rds. traffic at that point was irrelevant. We stopped in Suffolk, VA for the night -- dinner, wear the kids out. Up early and departed at exactly 5 a.m. We had breakfast and lunch packed so they were at the rest stops...somehow we warped time on Sunday because we were not pressing at all, and arrived around 5 p.m. There was construction on US 58 in VA -- down to one lane in each direction in spots, but since we hit there between 5 & 6 a.m., no worries.

Our return started on Thursday at 6:30 a.m. from the Wawa near Sea World. We got to our hotel in Chesapeake, VA around 7:15, had dinner and slept in. Left around 9 a.m. targeting a 1:45 p.m. ferry. We arrived at 12:45 which gave us time for lunch and stretching our legs. A bit of card playing on the ferry, and boom we were home about 15 min. after docking.

On our push north we hit a LOT of rainy weather just before the Jacksonville split...weather looked good to the West -- so we went the western beltway. Full sun, no traffic. It is longer, but when we reconnected to I 95, we met up with all the cars and trucks we had been previously travelling with...must have stayed pretty heavy the whole way through downtown Jacksonville.

Anyway, another great trip.
Old 09-15-2012, 10:28 AM   #1763
Goofygirl17
DIS Veteran

Wish we had a trip planned.

Everyone at Disney enjoy! And to those on the road drive safely.

Goofygirl

BTW- I LOVE OKW. We stayed there a couple years ago and I think it's our favorite DVC resort. Now we stay offsite due to changes in our timeshare exchange policy. We can get more trips in staying offsite.

Have fun!
Old 09-15-2012, 11:23 AM   #1764
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofygirl17 View Post
Wish we had a trip planned.

Everyone at Disney enjoy! And to those on the road drive safely.

Goofygirl

BTW- I LOVE OKW. We stayed there a couple years ago and I think it's our favorite DVC resort. Now we stay offsite due to changes in our timeshare exchange policy. We can get more trips in staying offsite.

Have fun!
we have been staying here at least once a year since 1999. 2 bedrooms and 1 bedrooms. we are in a 1 bedroom for 13 nights this trip. our home resort is bwv and never stayed at any other dvc resort other than okw. its like home to us.

PROUD DAD OF A DISNEY COLLEGE PROGRAM DAUGHTER!!! FALL ADVANTAGE 2013 MK-ODF ALUMNI !!!!!

Old 09-15-2012, 11:27 AM   #1765
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran

a bit off topic but this is what we drive 1100 miles for:

Old 09-15-2012, 06:35 PM   #1766
BC1836
DIS Veteran

Quote:
a bit off topic but this is what we drive 1100 miles for:

Wonderful photos! How about a photo of WDW's most magical TV station: channel 19, "Walt Disney World Today?"

All the best.

Old 09-16-2012, 08:48 AM   #1767
loveysbydesign
I can pinch a penny so hard you can hear it scream for miles!

HELP!!! Info needed!!!
We are looking for a great place to try for lunch on the way down, that isn't too expensive...preferably about 15 minutes north of Walterboro down to Walterboro SC to 15 minutes south. Not sure exactly where we will hit, depends on traffic and what time we leave the hotel in Richburg, Sc.

We ate at Duke's Bar-b-q last time and while we liked it the younger 2 kids hardly ate anything. Thinking of maybe trying a Zaxby's chicken??
Has any one eaten at one and if so which one is nicest? We'll be heading down 81-77-26 and then picking up 95 in SC!

May 2006-1st family trip to WDW! Loved Windsor Hills! Total cost including airfare, condo. rental at WH, park tix and rental car =$1800
Nov. 13-22 2007-2nd trip to WDW with Baby Hartley #3-it's a boy!!! Total cost including airfare, condo. rental at WH, park tix and rental car =$2200
May 2009- 3 nights in a 2 bedroom at SSR and then our 1st Disney cruise on the Magic! Total cost for 2 Cat. 12's -upgraded to Cat. 10's=$2900

June 11-20 2010- Our super cheap, surprising the kids, 1st time driving, celebrating Ryan's 3rd birthday trip! Total cost=$950
Nov.12-22, 2010 Took our in-laws along for their 1st trip ever! Stayed at Indian Creek and had a blast!
Oct.10-15, 2011 Crazy Columbus Crowds(did YES program) & cruised on the Dream Oct. 16-20
Oct. 19-29, 2012 Our trip re-do w/the in-laws, swam w/ the manatees & drove home through Sandy!
June 21-30, 2013 Celebrating our 17th anniversary!

Last edited by loveysbydesign; 09-16-2012 at 09:02 AM.
Old 09-16-2012, 02:33 PM   #1768
wuzzy6
Mom to the Fab 4

Hi y'all! I just found this thread and thought I'd introduce myself. We will be driving 1,419 miles one-way, or 2,838 miles round-trip, from our driveway to Coronado Springs Resort in January. This is the first time ever traveling more than an hour to WDW!

Our plan is to leave around 3am on Saturday 1/26 and drive to the approximate halfway point of 671 miles (12 hours) and stay in Chester, VA. I thought it would be good to stop here, because we will have gotten through all of the high traffic areas with some wiggle room before nightfall. (I say that with the utmost optimism!)

The plan for day two is to again leave at about 3am and go all the way to CSR! The mileage is mapped at 749 miles (12 hours 6 minutes). Hopefully this will get us there with some wiggle room and in time to get checked in and have a relaxing dinner. I think I'd like to spend the evening just relaxing - maybe some hot water therapy in the hot tub? We are not planning to hit the parks until Monday morning, so an early bedtime will be in order!

If anyone has any suggestions, tips or opinions, I am completely open to all of it! The only time we've made this drive was when we moved from Florida to Maine! Thanks!

FL Native and habitual day-tripper: since 1971; Apr 2002: PO-R; Mar 2014: CSR ; Apr 2014: WL; May 2014: PO-R and FW-cabin; Aug 2014: YC CL+DxDP; What's next?!
Old 09-16-2012, 05:32 PM   #1769
njmom47
He's such a fiend!
The monkeys would go crazy on the cars
I wound up with orange tiger stripes

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuzzy6 View Post
Hi y'all! I just found this thread and thought I'd introduce myself. We will be driving 1,419 miles one-way, or 2,838 miles round-trip, from our driveway to Coronado Springs Resort in January. This is the first time ever traveling more than an hour to WDW!

Our plan is to leave around 3am on Saturday 1/26 and drive to the approximate halfway point of 671 miles (12 hours) and stay in Chester, VA. I thought it would be good to stop here, because we will have gotten through all of the high traffic areas with some wiggle room before nightfall. (I say that with the utmost optimism!)

The plan for day two is to again leave at about 3am and go all the way to CSR! The mileage is mapped at 749 miles (12 hours 6 minutes). Hopefully this will get us there with some wiggle room and in time to get checked in and have a relaxing dinner. I think I'd like to spend the evening just relaxing - maybe some hot water therapy in the hot tub? We are not planning to hit the parks until Monday morning, so an early bedtime will be in order!

If anyone has any suggestions, tips or opinions, I am completely open to all of it! The only time we've made this drive was when we moved from Florida to Maine! Thanks!
Where are you staying in Chester? We stayed at the Hampton Inn. What a fabulous place! I believe with our AAA rate it was under $90. Plenty of room for all of us (we were 5; I see you are 6) with 2 queen beds and a double pullout couch in the living room. Small pool as well; we took a quick dip.

Junior Brody Stella Luna Ella the Bunny
Christmas 07/New Years 08-CBR (baseball), 2006-POR (cheering), 2001-Dixie Landings, 1988, 1975-Offsite
Trip was great...no new ticker for awhile!
Old 09-16-2012, 05:55 PM   #1770
wuzzy6
Mom to the Fab 4

We are staying at the Marriott Courtyard Richmond - Chester. It's $139/night for a King Suite (only 4 of us are traveling) - DH is a rewards member, so our stay on the way home is free! :

FL Native and habitual day-tripper: since 1971; Apr 2002: PO-R; Mar 2014: CSR ; Apr 2014: WL; May 2014: PO-R and FW-cabin; Aug 2014: YC CL+DxDP; What's next?!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: