Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-11-2012, 10:02 AM   #1741
Chuck-PA
DIS Veteran

September weather

We just returned on Sunday,
Early morning hours (7 am-9 am)in the mid 70's to mid 80's.
Day time, temps were mid 90's with humidity being high--- felt like 105.
Evening hours were mid 80's. We were there from Sept 2-Sept 9th.
We took a mid day break and went to the pool every day.
Old 09-11-2012, 01:09 PM   #1742
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwdebbie View Post
I'm seriously thinking a September trip is in our future. Your pics of OKW are beautiful! For some reason, that resort has always been off my radar. I guess I felt like it must be second rate since that was where they were sending value resort overbooks a few years ago.

How is the weather? That would be our determining factor. 70s are perfect for me, 80s I can manage, 90s are pushing it for me. Morning and evening is when we are out and about, dh needs a rest in the afternoon.
we stay here atleast once a year. the weather so far, we got here monday, is mid to high 80s in the day, low 70s at night. when the sun isnr beating on you, its not bad. im the wrong one to ask about heat. I LOVE IT!!! the hotter the better!!! i always say if your grumbling about the heat, you didnt shovel enough snow last winter. the crowds are next to nothing. we were at epcot last night and could walk around world show case and not get bumped into. very nice. the crowd level makes up for the heat. it maybe warm, but tou dont have to stand in line for much.

PROUD DAD OF A DISNEY COLLEGE PROGRAM DAUGHTER!!! FALL ADVANTAGE 2013 MK-ODF ALUMNI !!!!!
2000+ MILE ROUND TRIP DRIVING THREAD.. DOUBLE DIAMOND DRIVER!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-12-2012, 02:01 AM   #1743
cruisingkat
DIS Veteran

Just booked our room for our 4th trip to Disney this year for Nov. and we haven't even taken the third trip (Oct) yet. All that is left for the rest of the year planning is to figure out our Dec. trip. Thank goodness passholder rates came out! Our car will definitely be getting mileage this year!
Old 09-12-2012, 06:58 AM   #1744
marius97
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvczerfs View Post
i always say if your grumbling about the heat, you didnt shovel enough snow last winter.
I'm going to have to steal that one. As someone that lives in a lake effect area, I know exactly what you mean. Maybe that is why the Florida summer heat has never bothered me.
Old 09-13-2012, 10:43 AM   #1745
BC1836
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruisingkat View Post
Just booked our room for our 4th trip to Disney this year for Nov. and we haven't even taken the third trip (Oct) yet. All that is left for the rest of the year planning is to figure out our Dec. trip.
Cool.

We're looking forward to our next drive, too.

All the best.
The 20th Century...'74-'00 (23 visits): Multiple stays at the Contemporary, Golf Resort, Old Key West, Port Orleans, Polynesian, Dixie Landings, Grand Floridian, offsite locations + one Disneyland trip.

The 21st Century (38 visits): '01: Yacht Club.....'02: Animal Kingdom Lodge & Grand Floridian.....'03: Wilderness Lodge & Grand Floridian.....'04: Grand Floridian.....'05: Beach Club & Grand Floridian.....'06: (May) Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Beach Club.....'07: (March) Polynesian & Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Beach Club; (Dec.) Coronado Springs & Grand Floridian; '08: (March) Port Orleans Riverside & Polynesian; (May-June) Grand Floridian; (June) Paradise Pier @ Disneyland; (Oct.) Beach Club; (Dec.) Beach Club; '09 (March) Grand Floridian; (June) Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Grand Floridian; (Dec.) Grand Floridian; '10 (March) Grand Floridian; (May-June) Grand Floridian; (Aug.) Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Boardwalk: Garden Suites; (Dec.) Grand Floridian....'11 (April) Grand Floridian; (June) Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Boardwalk: Garden Suites; (Dec.) Grand Floridian....'12 (March-April) Grand Floridian: Presidential Suite; (May) Grand Californian @ Disneyland; (Aug.) Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Boardwalk: Garden Suites; (Dec.) Grand Floridian...'13 (April) Grand Floridian; (Aug.) Grand Floridian: Roy Disney Suite; (Oct.) Boardwalk; (Dec.) Beach Club & Grand Floridian...'14 (April) Grand Floridian: Roy Disney Suite...(Aug.) Grand Floridian
Old 09-13-2012, 10:58 AM   #1746
justakrazymom
DIS Veteran

Left home at 8:45am new york at 9:00 new jersey at 11:09. Went I87 to Garden State and we just got on I95/jersey turnpike at 11:55am. We have 1073 miles to go.

homeschooling mom,Disney freak and more
DxL '99, CBR '00, Pop '11
BWI '12,POFQ '12 , PORS '13 ASSp 2015

The SuperFamily vs. Silverware , Felons and The Little Mermaid Sept 2013 TR Incomplete
Old 09-13-2012, 11:56 AM   #1747
BC1836
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by justakrazymom View Post
Left home at 8:45am new york at 9:00 new jersey at 11:09. Went I87 to Garden State and we just got on I95/jersey turnpike at 11:55am. We have 1073 miles to go.
Don't stop except for gasoline/bathrooms and hopefully you won't get caught in the greater DC rush hour traffic.

And keep those state border crossing times coming!

All the best.
The 20th Century...'74-'00 (23 visits): Multiple stays at the Contemporary, Golf Resort, Old Key West, Port Orleans, Polynesian, Dixie Landings, Grand Floridian, offsite locations + one Disneyland trip.

The 21st Century (38 visits): '01: Yacht Club.....'02: Animal Kingdom Lodge & Grand Floridian.....'03: Wilderness Lodge & Grand Floridian.....'04: Grand Floridian.....'05: Beach Club & Grand Floridian.....'06: (May) Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Beach Club.....'07: (March) Polynesian & Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Beach Club; (Dec.) Coronado Springs & Grand Floridian; '08: (March) Port Orleans Riverside & Polynesian; (May-June) Grand Floridian; (June) Paradise Pier @ Disneyland; (Oct.) Beach Club; (Dec.) Beach Club; '09 (March) Grand Floridian; (June) Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Grand Floridian; (Dec.) Grand Floridian; '10 (March) Grand Floridian; (May-June) Grand Floridian; (Aug.) Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Boardwalk: Garden Suites; (Dec.) Grand Floridian....'11 (April) Grand Floridian; (June) Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Boardwalk: Garden Suites; (Dec.) Grand Floridian....'12 (March-April) Grand Floridian: Presidential Suite; (May) Grand Californian @ Disneyland; (Aug.) Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Boardwalk: Garden Suites; (Dec.) Grand Floridian...'13 (April) Grand Floridian; (Aug.) Grand Floridian: Roy Disney Suite; (Oct.) Boardwalk; (Dec.) Beach Club & Grand Floridian...'14 (April) Grand Floridian: Roy Disney Suite...(Aug.) Grand Floridian
Old 09-13-2012, 02:32 PM   #1748
justakrazymom
DIS Veteran

Got caught in dc area traffic . Sigh lets see delaware at 1:22 maryland at 1:38 stopped for potty run and now in gridlock traffic. I have anxiety about traffic n driving so im on edge not enough whisky for this lol

The SuperFamily vs. Silverware , Felons and The Little Mermaid Sept 2013 TR Incomplete
Old 09-13-2012, 03:38 PM   #1749
BC1836
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Got caught in dc area traffic . Sigh lets see delaware at 1:22 maryland at 1:38 stopped for potty run and now in gridlock traffic. I have anxiety about traffic n driving so im on edge not enough whisky for this lol
Of all the metro areas (particularly NYC, the Jersey Turnpike, and Atlanta), nothing ranks with the greater DC area at rush hour. Ugh, indeed. And, technically, a small portion of the Wilson Bridge on I-95 is in Washington D. C.

It's been a hour since you posted your message. Hopefully, you are somewhere in northern VA (Woodbridge, Quantico, Stafford, etc.) and picking up a little speed.

Hang in there. Tomorrow at this time you'll be on Buzz Lightyear, the People Mover and the monorail.

All the best.

Old 09-13-2012, 03:50 PM   #1750
justakrazymom
DIS Veteran

Near quantico more traffic but since we've done tthis ride for years we know its coming lol got into va 3:55

Old 09-13-2012, 05:58 PM   #1751
BC1836
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Near quantico more traffic but since we've done tthis ride for years we know its coming lol got into va 3:55
It's almost 7 p.m., so your very close to the VA/NC border. And then it's your three-hour countdown to Pedro!

All the best.

Old 09-13-2012, 07:54 PM   #1752
justakrazymom
DIS Veteran

Stopped for a real dinner at a Bob Evans and a quick run in target. Got to NC at 8:13. Stopped at the welcome center for bathroom run and to play tag with the kids for about 20 minutes.

Old 09-14-2012, 05:12 AM   #1753
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BC1836 View Post
dvczerfs: We're glad that you made it safe and sound. And thanks for the photos (more of them, please, when you have time. Perhaps a group shot with jungle cruiser?).

Enjoy!

All the best.
bc! i seem to have a wrong number for jungle cruiser. all i get is a phone mail.(unless shes into rap music, i dont think its her ) can you have her shoot me a text? thank you sir!

PROUD DAD OF A DISNEY COLLEGE PROGRAM DAUGHTER!!! FALL ADVANTAGE 2013 MK-ODF ALUMNI !!!!!
2000+ MILE ROUND TRIP DRIVING THREAD.. DOUBLE DIAMOND DRIVER!

Old 09-14-2012, 07:21 AM   #1754
artemis4
Mouseketeer

We are driving now as well.

Wisconsin - Illinois border at 6:40 pm.

Illinois - Kentucky border at 2:02 am. Two stops totaling 25 minutes in Illinois.

Kentucky - Tennessee border at 3:23 am.

Tennessee - Georgia border at 7:30 am. One fifteen minute stop in Tennessee. The time zone change is figured into this segment of the trip.

Georgia timing will be off as we are stopping at a friend's near Atlanta for breakfast, and spending the night around the state line.

Gas prices have been from $3.89 at home down to $3.59 at our Tennessee pit stop.

Editing to add that from the TN - GA line to Valdosta was about 5.5 hours tops, as best as I can figure when I subtract for visiting our friend. Just for reference in case any other Midwestern drivers are curious or I want to double check in the future. ;-)

Artemis4, DH, DD16, DD14 DS11, and DS7.
Sept 2015: Offsite TBD
Sept 2012: WBC

Last edited by artemis4; 09-14-2012 at 03:44 PM.
Old 09-14-2012, 07:46 AM   #1755
justakrazymom
DIS Veteran

We r here traffic on I4 was horrible but we r here

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: