Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-15-2012, 08:25 PM   #1561
BC1836
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by socalduo View Post
When I was a teen, my mom and I drove from Disneyland to Disneyworld, then back to Disneyland (we lived a few miles from Disneyland)

When exactly was this cross country X two journey accomplished?

Details, please!

All the best.
The 20th Century...'74-'00 (23 visits): Multiple stays at the Contemporary, Golf Resort, Old Key West, Port Orleans, Polynesian, Dixie Landings, Grand Floridian, offsite locations + one Disneyland trip.

The 21st Century (40 visits): '01: Yacht Club.....'02: Animal Kingdom Lodge & Grand Floridian.....'03: Wilderness Lodge & Grand Floridian.....'04: Grand Floridian.....'05: Beach Club & Grand Floridian.....'06: (May) Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Beach Club.....'07: (March) Polynesian & Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Beach Club; (Dec.) Coronado Springs & Grand Floridian; '08: (March) Port Orleans Riverside & Polynesian; (May-June) Grand Floridian; (June) Paradise Pier @ Disneyland; (Oct.) Beach Club; (Dec.) Beach Club; '09 (March) Grand Floridian; (June) Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Grand Floridian; (Dec.) Grand Floridian; '10 (March) Grand Floridian; (May-June) Grand Floridian; (Aug.) Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Boardwalk: Garden Suites; (Dec.) Grand Floridian....'11 (April) Grand Floridian; (June) Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Boardwalk: Garden Suites; (Dec.) Grand Floridian....'12 (March-April) Grand Floridian: Presidential Suite; (May) Grand Californian @ Disneyland; (Aug.) Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Boardwalk: Garden Suites; (Dec.) Grand Floridian...'13 (April) Grand Floridian; (Aug.) Grand Floridian: Roy Disney Suite; (Oct.) Boardwalk; (Dec.) Beach Club & Grand Floridian...'14 (April) Grand Floridian: Roy Disney Suite...(Aug.) Grand Floridian; (Oct.) Boardwalk
Old 08-16-2012, 09:08 AM   #1562
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WIDisneyFan View Post
Just back from Disney World and had a nice uneventful drive back to Wisconsin. Happy to answer questions if anyone has any.
I'm curious as to how many hours it took you from Wisconson to WDW.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-16-2012, 10:47 AM   #1563
WIDisneyFan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwdebbie View Post
I'm curious as to how many hours it took you from Wisconson to WDW.
We make the drive over 2 days and the total drive time with stops is about 22 hours (we have 3 kids - 7,5, and 3 so there are a few more stops than if it were all adults).
Bay Lake Tower 7/10,7/11,8/12,7/13,8/14,12/14 - Kidani Village 12/10 - Polynesian GVC 8/03,7/04,6/07,7/08 LVC 7/06, GV 7/09 - Wilderness Lodge 6/05,7/08 - All Star Movies 1/09 - All Star Sports 11/14 - Doubletree Downtown Disney 12/07
Old 08-16-2012, 11:22 AM   #1564
cruisingkat
DIS Veteran

So excited - before our next drive (3rd this year) to DisneyWorld in Oct., I get to go to Disneyland the end of this month. My middle daughter is running in the Disney Half Marathon and my youngest daughter bought me plane tickets so I can watch her run. I only have to buy my Disney tickets and food. It will be a mom & daughters weekend. We have been to Disneyworld so many times - but I have never been to Disneyland and neither have my daughters. And I haven't flown for 5 years so I am running around getting toiletries in 3 oz sizes - since we drive to DisneyWorld never had to worry about sizes of bottles or tubes.
Old 08-16-2012, 11:37 AM   #1565
socalduo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BC1836

When exactly was this cross country X two journey accomplished?

Details, please!

All the best.
We did this back in 1996. Only my mom was driving since I was only 13 or 14 so we did 8 hours a day driving. It took about a week to get there with some fun stops in between. We also went to Busch Gardens in Tampa and a Japanese park thing. The best part? We did it in May so I missed a month of school (though she got my schoolwork and made me do it at night). One week driving there, two weeks at WDW and surrounding attractions, one week driving home. It was a blast! I didn't know it at the time but my folks were having marriage problems and my mom was getting away and taking me with her. She showed up at my school, pulled me out of class and said "look in the back seat, (luggage) "want to go to Disneyworld?"
Luckily my folks worked it out and are still married today.
Old 08-16-2012, 12:51 PM   #1566
RK13
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pattibehan View Post
Sorry, posting from my phone...Maryland 18 minutes later..

Virginia line at 107...a wonderful lunch at Bob Evans and back on the road

,North Carolina line at 450...gas was more expensive here at 3.80 a gallon

We are making great time, light traffic and next to no construction...95 all the way

we plan on stopping in south carolina for the night...that gives us about a 7 hour drive in yhe morning!!!

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android
Thanks for the info. Leaving LI on Saturday morning around 3am. Stop for breakfast in VA around 9-10am then get to SC by 2pm Sat afternoon.
Old 08-16-2012, 02:51 PM   #1567
Twin Dad
DIS Dad #704
I think they live an altered state of reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvczerfs View Post
welcome aboard twindad!!! (another disdad ) what dates are you going next september?
We plan on arriving at WDW on September 30th and staying until the 8th of October.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WIDisneyFan View Post
Just back from Disney World and had a nice uneventful drive back to Wisconsin. Happy to answer questions if anyone has any.
Is there a good way around Gary Indiana? DW doesn't like going through there there. I told since we'd be on the interstate we'd be fine. I'm hoping to change her mind but if not I might need an alternate route.
Dis Dad's Club #704
WDW Commando Club #205
My pretrip report DOA
Old 08-16-2012, 05:51 PM   #1568
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by socalduo View Post
We did this back in 1996. Only my mom was driving since I was only 13 or 14 so we did 8 hours a day driving. It took about a week to get there with some fun stops in between. We also went to Busch Gardens in Tampa and a Japanese park thing. The best part? We did it in May so I missed a month of school (though she got my schoolwork and made me do it at night). One week driving there, two weeks at WDW and surrounding attractions, one week driving home. It was a blast! I didn't know it at the time but my folks were having marriage problems and my mom was getting away and taking me with her. She showed up at my school, pulled me out of class and said "look in the back seat, (luggage) "want to go to Disneyworld?"
Luckily my folks worked it out and are still married today.
Ya know, 1996 isn't all that long ago for some of us.

Glad your folks worked it out too.
Old 08-16-2012, 07:20 PM   #1569
sharadoc
Visiting Disney World since 1986, happily driving every trip since 1994.

Quote:
ARE WE THERE YET, ARE WE THERE YET!!!!!
Oh yeah, forgot!!

Got here by 2:00 on Tuesday, unpacked and headed to MK. I'll post the mileage details later. We're getting ready to go to DHS in a couple of minutes.

Must say - just got back from a pizza and nachos dinner at Crockett's Tavern and hoisted a Yeungling to Davy, in honor of BC! We're having a great trip, forgot things like the camera charger, kids are sick, but overall good.

Tomorrow's my birthday so we're doing what I want to do Breakfast at Trail's End, miniature golf, not sure what during the day, then late EMH at MK until 2.

Watch Osborne Lights 2013 Winter Wonderland! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcF2eEkqtWk

6X POFQ; 3X ASMu FS, FW cabin; 2x BWV, OKW; 1X BCV, YC, CR-TPV, SSR plus many offsite in the 80's
Old 08-16-2012, 07:47 PM   #1570
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharadoc View Post
Oh yeah, forgot!!

Got here by 2:00 on Tuesday, unpacked and headed to MK. I'll post the mileage details later. We're getting ready to go to DHS in a couple of minutes.

Must say - just got back from a pizza and nachos dinner at Crockett's Tavern and hoisted a Yeungling to Davy, in honor of BC! We're having a great trip, forgot things like the camera charger, kids are sick, but overall good.

Tomorrow's my birthday so we're doing what I want to do Breakfast at Trail's End, miniature golf, not sure what during the day, then late EMH at MK until 2.
glad your having a good time sharon! oh, and happy 29th birthday!!!
Old 08-16-2012, 07:49 PM   #1571
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwdebbie View Post
Ya know, 1996 isn't all that long ago for some of us.

Glad your folks worked it out too.
1996, feels like last tuesday.
Old 08-16-2012, 08:45 PM   #1572
Buckimion
Purple Heart Park Commando

Quote:
ARE WE THERE YET, ARE WE THERE YET!!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharadoc View Post
Oh yeah, forgot!!
It's bad enough when it's your kids doing that but when it's your spouse...
Old 08-17-2012, 05:19 AM   #1573
rotlex
Is it summer yet?

1 day to go for our next driving adventure to WDW! We decided last night to leave a day early this year, and drive straight through! This will be a first for us, as we normally leave 2-2:30am, and stop overnight in Georgia, Kingsland area, and finish the drive in the morning. We decided to leave the same time and just head straight for Orlando this time. I'm figuring as we normally hit Kingsland around 4-5pm, we can make Orlando by 9 or earlier.

We don't actually check into our Disney resort, Riverside this year, until Monday, so I booked two nights, Saturday, when we arrive, and Sunday night at the Hampton in Lake Buena Vista. I was shocked it is only $70 per night, and has some fantastic reviews. Figure we'll spend a night at DTD and be able to get to Riverside without a big AM rush\drive.

Anyway, here's hoping the non-stop run doesn't kill me! We leave tomorrow morning, or, as my daughter says, in the middle of the night tonight!

Whoohoo! CANNOT WAIT!!!!!!!!

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
- Dr. Seuss

Old 08-17-2012, 06:14 AM   #1574
darrengs
DIS Veteran

We leave on Thursday 8/23, for our first drive down from NJ. I plan to take the inland route and look to leave around 3am with a stop overnight in Brunswick Georgia.

Last edited by darrengs; 08-17-2012 at 08:17 AM.
Old 08-17-2012, 07:32 AM   #1575
nono
DIS Veteran

Safe travels to all who are leaving shortly!!!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: