Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-05-2012, 04:01 PM   #1486
monymony3471
Finally got a chance to come back and crack this thing
Where did you find those set of ears?
My mamma Jamma is gonna hurt!

I took over driving at 5:30am so I couldn't update. But we made it to Savannah Georgia at 3:30 after 962 miles. Staying the night and driving the rest after a good nights sleep.

The best gas prices were in South Carolina at 3.28 a gallon.
Old 08-05-2012, 04:09 PM   #1487
emksmama
Mouseketeer

Glad you are having a good trip!

1984 & 1986 with parents, no clue where we stayed but they were both off property
July 2012 Shades of Green 3 generations of FUN
October 20-24, 2014 POP & MNSSHP
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-05-2012, 05:02 PM   #1488
LadyBeBop
DIS Veteran

How was the drive on 25E?

Also nice to know it would take about 12 hours to travel to Savannah. We live about 10 miles inside KY.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BC1836 View Post
What? 2019 or 2020? Say it ain't so!

You must "sneak in a day" next year. That's an order!
Old 08-05-2012, 05:05 PM   #1489
2002Disneybride
Disney Bride and now a Disney Mom!

Just spent my Sunday flipping through Part 2 and Part 3 :-). So funny to find the great advice I received when we drove last summer. ( I didn't even remember that we left on Aug 17...this time we are leaving August 18!) Anyhow...we are looking at leaving the 18th early and stopping in Georgia...to get to Disney for checkin on 19th. Now...I want to check with the NJ drivers. We are in Ocean County...Leaving on a Saturday, what time is best to avoid summer traffic past DC area? (I think I read that VA could be An issue) I have 3 boys who are great in car...We are going to try to get to Savannah or Brunswick...last time we stopped in walterboro SC... really appreciate your help! Thanks!
Old 08-05-2012, 05:58 PM   #1490
monymony3471
Finally got a chance to come back and crack this thing
Where did you find those set of ears?
My mamma Jamma is gonna hurt!

The drive was smooth hardly any lights but we drove mostly before 7 am through 25E on Sunday. The scenery was amazing! Thanks!

Almost got run off the road before 95, big ol'Ford pick up loaded, decided he wanted my lane and won. Slammed on my brakes to avoid being pushed on to the shoulder. I honked but apparently he can't hear or see.
Old 08-06-2012, 12:32 PM   #1491
pwdebbie
DIS Veteran

Dh has always insisted on driving when we go anywhere but lately he's been having me do the bulk of the driving. Last week was a five-hour trip each way to see my parents. They are in their 80s and it is going to have to become more of us visiting them rather than them visiting us.

Shortly after crossing the Bay Bridge westbound, a tractor trailer suddenly cut in front of me from the left causing me to slam on the brakes. But then he continued moving over and cut in front of another tractor trailer in the slow lane (that guy laid on his horn big time) and then pulled off on the shoulder. I'm thinking something must have been wrong for him to have suddenly changed lanes the way he did.

I'm used to small town driving but haven't had a lot of experience on interstates and highways. Guess I am getting that experience now. Training for April 2013!
Old 08-06-2012, 02:07 PM   #1492
sharadoc
Visiting Disney World since 1986, happily driving every trip since 1994.

Gas on Friday was $3.59, today it's $3.67! It was going the other way - what happened!!!

Watch Osborne Lights 2013 Winter Wonderland! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcF2eEkqtWk

6X POFQ; 3X ASMu FS, FW cabin; 2x BWV, OKW; 1X BCV, YC, CR-TPV, SSR plus many offsite in the 80's
Old 08-06-2012, 02:18 PM   #1493
cruisingkat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharadoc View Post
Gas on Friday was $3.59, today it's $3.67! It was going the other way - what happened!!!
$3.67 - that is a great price - in fact that was the low for us this summer. It is over $4 now in our area.
Old 08-06-2012, 09:00 PM   #1494
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
hi sharon!!! little over a week? take me with you!!! ill drive!!
Old 08-07-2012, 10:59 AM   #1495
Desnik
I actually love packing and planning
I'm glad DH and I were friends first then a couple

I need some help, please.

We are driving down to WDW Dec 21, driving straight through from Orange County NY. I've got the ride down all figured out, I just need help with the drive home.

Having driven before I know that for us the drive home is the worst! (we leave WDW on the 28th) So I thought maybe we should plan to take our time going home stopping over for a night or two somewhere. Any suggestions on where to do that? I'm concerned that at the time of year there won't be any hotel rooms or the rates will be too expensive. Also I don't want to drive too far the day we leave, maybe 6 hours tops. Where would that put us? I just want to break up the drive with a nice spot to visit. Any suggestions?

Thanks!
Old 08-07-2012, 12:40 PM   #1496
sharadoc
Visiting Disney World since 1986, happily driving every trip since 1994.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvczerfs View Post
hi sharon!!! little over a week? take me with you!!! ill drive!!
Come on down! If you leave Monday night we'll see you Tuesday afternoon!

Watch Osborne Lights 2013 Winter Wonderland! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcF2eEkqtWk

6X POFQ; 3X ASMu FS, FW cabin; 2x BWV, OKW; 1X BCV, YC, CR-TPV, SSR plus many offsite in the 80's
Old 08-07-2012, 12:57 PM   #1497
rotlex
Is it summer yet?

Quote:
Tell me about it. We leave in the 19th for an 11 day stay, whoohoo!, and I keep watching gas prices climb. What the heck, LOL. Really though, were still probably saving over a grand in air fare at today's ticket and "luggage" rates, so eh, what can you do.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
- Dr. Seuss

Old 08-07-2012, 01:29 PM   #1498
nono
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desnik View Post
I need some help, please.

We are driving down to WDW Dec 21, driving straight through from Orange County NY. I've got the ride down all figured out, I just need help with the drive home.

Having driven before I know that for us the drive home is the worst! (we leave WDW on the 28th) So I thought maybe we should plan to take our time going home stopping over for a night or two somewhere. Any suggestions on where to do that? I'm concerned that at the time of year there won't be any hotel rooms or the rates will be too expensive. Also I don't want to drive too far the day we leave, maybe 6 hours tops. Where would that put us? I just want to break up the drive with a nice spot to visit. Any suggestions?

Thanks!
I agree with taking your time home. We've had good success in the Port Wentworth area of GA getting hotel rooms, even around holidays. I guess it's enough out-of-town for it not to be desirable for folks who are going to Savannah proper. I think it is about 6 hrs. from WDW.
Old 08-07-2012, 01:42 PM   #1499
Desnik
I actually love packing and planning
I'm glad DH and I were friends first then a couple

Quote:
Originally Posted by nono View Post
I agree with taking your time home. We've had good success in the Port Wentworth area of GA getting hotel rooms, even around holidays. I guess it's enough out-of-town for it not to be desirable for folks who are going to Savannah proper. I think it is about 6 hrs. from WDW.
Thank you!!
Old 08-07-2012, 07:03 PM   #1500
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotlex View Post
Tell me about it. We leave in the 19th for an 11 day stay, whoohoo!, and I keep watching gas prices climb. What the heck, LOL. Really though, were still probably saving over a grand in air fare at today's ticket and "luggage" rates, so eh, what can you do.
have a nice trip steve!!!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: