Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-10-2013, 09:40 PM   #1
3Kiddos3
Earning My Ears

Budget rental cars...will my family of 5 and 5 carry-ons fit?

I'm new to rental cars so I need a some opinion.

I have 5 adults and 5 carry-on luggage and 2 small backpacks.

According to Budget's website, I can take a standard car for 5 adults but I'm not sure about the luggage...They offered a Nissan Altima Coupe and the backseat area looks so small and the same for the trunk size.

I'm thinking I should upgrade to a full-sized rental (Chevy Impala), do you think this is better and will it fit everyone and luggage? I really don't want to pay for an SUV/van because we'll be dumping the luggage off after the airport and using the car to travel to places and to the beach.
3Kiddos3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 12:56 AM   #2
Horace Horsecollar
DVC members represent a unique category of Disney guests
The results can be accurate to within 2%

Please realize that that when a rental car company names a car that's representative of a rental car size class, the company tacks on the phrase "or similar."

At Budget, a Standard size car is a Nissan Altima Coupe or similar. That could be a Ford Fusion, Chrysler 200, or any of a number of other cars.

At Budget, a Fullsize car is a Chevrolet Impala or similar. That could be a Mazda 6, Toyota Camry, Nissan Altima 4-door, Chevrolet Malibu, or any of a number of other cars.

With 5 adults, trunk space is likely to be an issue unless everyone really does have just small carry-on bags and/or small backpacks. But, if necessary, backpacks can go on laps.

Will 3 adults be comfortable in the back seat? I guess it depends on the size of the adults.

If you're going to driving around with 5 adults, a bigger car is undoubtedly better.

If you don't like the car that's assigned to you, return to the counter and request the largest car in the size class that you booked. The agent can only give you what's available, but if you ask nicely you might even get a free upgrade.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: