Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Doing the Happy Dance!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-13-2012, 11:34 AM   #421
PrincessIzzy
Earning My Ears

Me, me, me! I'm a DIS newbie and just saw this!

We're taking our very first Disney vaca Sept 23-28! So excited! We're staying at POR in the Royal Rooms!

Can't wait!!

We're doing Deluxe Dining and have ADR's at:

Chef Mickey's (dinner)
Akershus (BRD)
Le Cellier (dinner)
CRT (dinner)
Hollywood & Vine (BRD)
Mama Melrose (dinner)
Tusker House (BRD)
Rainforest Cafe
Crystal Palace (BRD)
Liberty Tree Tavern

We'll be attending MNSSHP and we've also got an appt at BBB. We are beyond excited!!
Old 04-13-2012, 03:27 PM   #422
KittyKat1978
DIS Veteran

I just booked my flights!! Eeek! They were $200 less than I have seen before so I booked them.

I was hesitating on booking them because at the moment, I am going through my first union contract negotiations at work. There has been whispers of possibly going on strike.....

Travel insurance doesn't cover strikes (unless I lose my job which is extremely unlikely) so if we do go on strike, I will lose the cost of the flights

Everyone think good thoughts that I won't go on strike!!

DL - Hojo's Mar 86/ PPH Feb 12/ Hojo's May 12/ BWPPI Oct 12/ DLH Dec 12/ DLH Feb 13/ FFI Oct 14/ CI Dec 14

DCL - Sept 13 Wonder to Alaska

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-13-2012, 09:57 PM   #423
momtoamulan
Mouseketeer

well, they took our deposit!

We will be at the poly from Sept. 28-Oct.7...I can't wait to see our girls faces when we tell them we are going...our five year old has never been! The older has only been twice..

Guess we will deal with the heat...lots of water for us!!!

Last edited by momtoamulan; 04-13-2012 at 10:14 PM.
Old 04-13-2012, 10:43 PM   #424
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by momtoamulan View Post
We will be at the poly from Sept. 28-Oct.7...I can't wait to see our girls faces when we tell them we are going...our five year old has never been! The older has only been twice..

Guess we will deal with the heat...lots of water for us!!!
We will just miss you...we are leaving the Poly on the 21st! Our girls 3rd trip, 2nd at the Poly. Yay for the Poly!
Old 04-13-2012, 11:11 PM   #425
momtoamulan
Mouseketeer

we have never been to the poly

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
We will just miss you...we are leaving the Poly on the 21st! Our girls 3rd trip, 2nd at the Poly. Yay for the Poly!
Our five year old is pretty tiny, so we thought it would be great for her getting around (and us, as I am out of shape right now...haha).

So excited!
Old 04-13-2012, 11:13 PM   #426
jennyjinx3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Our five year old is pretty tiny, so we thought it would be great for her getting around (and us, as I am out of shape right now...haha).

So excited!
Yes we are still a stroller family here, so the Poly is perfect. No shame in that!! Did you request a particular longhouse?
Old 04-14-2012, 09:23 AM   #427
momtoamulan
Mouseketeer

Poly

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyjinx3 View Post
Yes we are still a stroller family here, so the Poly is perfect. No shame in that!! Did you request a particular longhouse?
Are some rooms better than others? We have a garden room....what should we request?
Old 04-15-2012, 11:54 AM   #428
Cappy81
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Are some rooms better than others? We have a garden room....what should we request?

We stayed in Tokelau, which is centrally located to everything! Loved it! We also had a garden view room and our view was of the quiet pool, very nice!

3/12 Poly, 9/12 AKL, 9/13 WL, 9/14 AKL
Old 04-17-2012, 10:59 PM   #429
krd315
Mouseketeer

Just changed from POR to AOA Little Mermaid room for 9/25 to 9/29.

It will be me, my daughter and 2 granddaughters...a girls only trip and our 1st MNSSHP!

Next up: Sept 2014 -POR
Past trips: Aug 2013, Sept 2012, Jan 2012, Aug 2000
Old 04-17-2012, 11:02 PM   #430
MCoryB
Mouseketeer

My mom, my partner and I have just booked our trip for September 9-15. We'll be driving down from Tennessee and will stay at Port Orleans French Quarter, taking advantage of free Disney Dining! Each day has been planned and dining reservations are made.

I wrote a post elsewhere with our story: http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2912071
Old 04-18-2012, 08:26 AM   #431
ShhhQ
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCoryB View Post
My mom, my partner and I have just booked our trip for September 9-15. We'll be driving down from Tennessee and will stay at Port Orleans French Quarter, taking advantage of free Disney Dining! Each day has been planned and dining reservations are made.

I wrote a post elsewhere with our story: http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2912071
Glad you were able to book... My Aunt and I will be there the exact same dates, but staying at the sister resort of Port Orleans Riverside... we are also driving from Indiana. Never know if we will pass each other on the road... at a rest area or possibly on the same bus...

Sad to say that a trip to Disney and the scariest ride you went on was a bus ride!!!
Enjoy your vacation, you may never know when your last vacation will end up being your LAST VACATION!!
Old 04-18-2012, 11:03 PM   #432
iheartmickey1111
Mouseketeer

Super excited- decided to go to MNSSHP again! I have to get the military tickets while I am there, so it would be SUPER expensive to add on a regular park ticket for the day, so since you get in at a decent time with just the MNSSHP ticket, I'll do that instead of another full park day! Yay!

*1997- Disneyland*5/2009-Late Honeymoon at AKL (Army ruined our first one)*10/2011- Pop for the MK 40th Anniversary Celebration, MNSSHP, first SOLO trip!*4/2012- Coronado Springs*9/2012-Pop, MNSSHP, Wild Africa Trek, Haunted 5k Run
Old 04-19-2012, 12:51 PM   #433
Wendy31
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCoryB View Post

Hello, fellow Tennessean!! We'll also be driving down from TN - but we'll be arriving when you're leaving, on the 15th!

(DH) (me) (DD, 14years) (DS, 13 years) (DS, 5 years)
Old 04-19-2012, 01:09 PM   #434
Disney DayDreamer
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessIzzy View Post
Me, me, me! I'm a DIS newbie and just saw this!

We're taking our very first Disney vaca Sept 23-28! So excited! We're staying at POR in the Royal Rooms!

Can't wait!!

We're doing Deluxe Dining and have ADR's at:

Chef Mickey's (dinner)
Akershus (BRD)
Le Cellier (dinner)
CRT (dinner)
Hollywood & Vine (BRD)
Mama Melrose (dinner)
Tusker House (BRD)
Rainforest Cafe
Crystal Palace (BRD)
Liberty Tree Tavern

We'll be attending MNSSHP and we've also got an appt at BBB. We are beyond excited!!
Hey PrincessIzzy, I am sort of new to these DIS boards too and I will also be there the same dates, we arrived on the 22nd (hopefully as long as the airfare prices come down soon) and leave on the 29th at POR. This is our 1st time at a Moderate resort, we've always stayed at Values. So jealous you are staying in the new royal rooms. We upgraded to moderate this year for the better free dining plan, so I knew I'd be pushing my luck asking DH to go for a royal room. We are going to do MNSSHP that week too - hoping for Tuesday, Sept 25, how about you? Do you have kids? I have a daugther, she will be age 9 when we are down there.
Old 04-19-2012, 02:31 PM   #435
MCoryB
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendy31 View Post
Hello, fellow Tennessean!! We'll also be driving down from TN - but we'll be arriving when you're leaving, on the 15th!
Have you driven down before? This will be my first time (since 1979) doing it by car, and I'm dreading the drive but am thankful we don't live up north somewhere!
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: