Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-15-2011, 06:31 PM   #121
Joyciemc
DIS Veteran

Since I finally got the dates for the May trip, I went ahead and made some ADRs. I've been to Disney with Mark a couple of times, so I felt pretty good about knowing what places he likes. Wanna see what I picked??

Boma
Rose & Crown
Prime Time Cafe
San Angel Inn

I texted Mark earlier to ask what his thoughts were concerning these restaurants. His answer was "Think I love it (buffet at AKL?), love it, love it, never heard of it." So I think those all count as yesses (since we have since cleared up the confusion regarding what San Angel Inn is.

Also, when he signed up for DVC, Mark gave my name as a referral, so I got a letter today letting me know. I guess I'll get a prize
Joyciemc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 08:10 PM   #122
klacey1
DIS Veteran

Great line up! Rose and Crown is awesome!
klacey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-16-2011, 05:45 AM   #123
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

Yay for being booked!! And yay for picking out your dates/ADR ideas for May!! All of your plans sound great!
Stringbean&Wingnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 09:18 AM   #124
jenny105
DIS Veteran

I'm looking forward to Boma next trip. Never been there; Rose & Crown either. Love Prime Time! San Angel Inn - eh, I'm iffy. The first time I went there I enjoyed it and then the second time we had terrible service and the food was bland.

Me DBf Kris Mitzu
Sept 2015 ASMu ~ August 2013 GF ~ Oct 2012 AKL ~ April 2011 DL Paradise Pier ~ Oct 2010 POP ~ Sept 2009 WL/DCL/BCV ~ Nov 2008 RPR Universal ~ Jan 2008 POP ~ April 2007 POP ~ Jan 2006 POP
jenny105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 11:55 AM   #125
Joyciemc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by klacey1 View Post
Great line up! Rose and Crown is awesome!
It's been a long time since I've eaten there, I can't wait to try it again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
Yay for being booked!! And yay for picking out your dates/ADR ideas for May!! All of your plans sound great!
Now if only these trips could come a little sooner...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenny105 View Post
I'm looking forward to Boma next trip. Never been there; Rose & Crown either. Love Prime Time! San Angel Inn - eh, I'm iffy. The first time I went there I enjoyed it and then the second time we had terrible service and the food was bland.
Ben doesn't like Boma, which is why I made sure to add it for this trip! Cause I think it's great

I've eaten at San Angel Inn once and it was very, very good. I hope this time lives up to that experience!
Old 11-18-2011, 12:00 PM   #126
Joyciemc
DIS Veteran

May is official! Mark just texted me that he booked the trip! I didn't want to keep bugging him (hellooo, free hotel- can't complain!), but I was getting just a little antsy.

Old Key West it is! And I am super happy because Ben and I stayed there for the last night of our May trip and I really wanted a little more time to check it out.

Since I've already made ADRs, it stands to reason that I already made plans for each day. Though I haven't shared these with Mark If he hates them, I have no problem changing. C'mon- this is a bonus trip, I'll be happy just to be there!

But you know what else this means? I'll be getting an Annual Pass!! And you know what having an AP means? That you end up taking extra trips... so who knows what'll happen in the spring of 2013
Old 11-18-2011, 12:07 PM   #127
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

for the annual pass!!!
annmarieda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 01:30 PM   #128
tankgirl427
DIS Veteran

Welcome to my world! Feel free to jump on the bandwagon of my crazy ideas for trips and don't forget about the DVC discount for the AP!

"You held me down, but I got up, Get ready cause I’ve had enough."

PHM 2015-In Pursuit of Cupcakes While Running in Glass Slippers

Pre 2006 doesn't count, 2006: Dolphin, 2006: 16 hours of MK & EP, 2009: DL, 2010: PC with DDP, 2011: Off-site with friends & PC, 2012: AKL & BLT, POFQ, 2013: POP, POP, DL, POP
tankgirl427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 06:03 PM   #129
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

Yay for an annual pass!!!! I've always wished I could go to Disney enough to warrant an AP!!! Hope you get lots of good use out of yours!
Stringbean&Wingnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 07:05 PM   #130
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Yay for your May trip! I'm going in May too, but I think we're going to go 4/28-5/3. I thought about going the week you are going, but I wanted to be there on our actual anniversary, which is May 1. Too bad I'll miss you by like 3 days!

Your ADR's look great, and woo hoo for an AP! Mine is such a problem, I am constantly planning trips in my head that I know will never happen...but I'm always like "well, I already have the tickets so it's practically a free trip!" Totally leaving out the fact that I still have to pay for airfare and somewhere to stay!

NEW December 2013 TR, In Progress!

My TR's/PTR's~2/13 TR~11/12 TR!~11/12 PTR!~5/12 TR!~5/12 PTR!~12/11 TR!~10/11 TR!~10/11 PTR!~11/10 TR!~11/10 PTR!~Disneymoon TR 5/10!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Nermel9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 03:35 PM   #131
khertz
Proud member of the WHO DAT NATION!!

I followed your last TR, and just saw you have a new PTR going so I'm subbing in! We are also planning to be in WDW in October 2012 to celebrate DS's 2nd birthday. Congrats on being able to book your resort. That is always such an exciting part of the planning for me because it makes everything seem more real knowing you have reserved the place you will sleep every night.

Anyway, I look forward to following along with the rest of your plans!
JULY 1994 // Offsite & Universal Studios & Busch Gardens | APRIL 1998 // All Star Music & Universal Studios |FEBRUARY 2001 // All Star Music & Universal | MARCH 2003 // All Star Music & Universal // Hard Rock Hotel | FEBRUARY 2004 // All Star Music & Universal // Royal Pacific & Sea World | OCTOBER 2007 (Disneymoon!) // Port Orleans French Quarter & Universal Studios // Royal Pacific | DECEMBER 2009 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/ TR | JULY/AUGUST 2010 // Wyndham Cypress Palms TR | NOVEMBER 2011 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | MAY 2012 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove TR | AUGUST 2012 // Disneyland 5 Year Anniversary Trip // Peacock Suites TR | OCTOBER 2012 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | OCTOBER 2013 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal // Royal Pacific PTR/TR | MAY 2014 // Wilderness Lodge TR | SEPTEMBER 2014 // ABD DIS Exclusive Viva Italia & Disneyland Paris Show No Fear! DIS Exclusive Viva Italia + DLP Sept 2014
khertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 01:19 PM   #132
merbobear
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyciemc View Post
I have MORE exciting news!
I now have dates for the May trip I am taking with Mark. May 6-11th. I think we are staying at Old Key West.
So I was checking May hours, and the week we are going has the most consistent hours I can ever remember. MK open till 10 every day, and DHS till 9. Every other trip has had wildly varying hours. Weird.
I'm excited about starting to plan! I have to figure out where to eat, preferably places Ben doesn't care about missing. I also told Ben I would pretend that I didn't go on new stuff (Star Tours, specifically... I couldn't promise that I wouldn't ride them
So jealous that you have 2 trips to look forward to now! I am also staying at OKW in May (7-15), and we are also excited about the hours - although this year in May the parks were open a bit later, we were strolling down Main Street, USA at 2 am on more than one occasion.

Oh, and I'm a longtime lurker and new subscriber

merbobear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 04:53 PM   #133
Joyciemc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by annmarieda View Post
for the annual pass!!!
I know, what's better than that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tankgirl427 View Post
Welcome to my world! Feel free to jump on the bandwagon of my crazy ideas for trips and don't forget about the DVC discount for the AP!
The DVC AP discount is definitely a good thing I'm glad to be able to take advantage of it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
Yay for an annual pass!!!! I've always wished I could go to Disney enough to warrant an AP!!! Hope you get lots of good use out of yours!
At a minimum, the two trips planned would already make the AP a better deal. I just hope I get to squeeze another trip out of it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
Yay for your May trip! I'm going in May too, but I think we're going to go 4/28-5/3. I thought about going the week you are going, but I wanted to be there on our actual anniversary, which is May 1. Too bad I'll miss you by like 3 days!

Your ADR's look great, and woo hoo for an AP! Mine is such a problem, I am constantly planning trips in my head that I know will never happen...but I'm always like "well, I already have the tickets so it's practically a free trip!" Totally leaving out the fact that I still have to pay for airfare and somewhere to stay!
Awww, so close to being there at the same time

Between DVC and the AP it is easy for me to think trips are free. I conveniently forget how much we paid for our membership... and how much we spend on airfare. Not to mention food and alcohol while down there! But it still feels free!

Quote:
Originally Posted by khertz View Post
I followed your last TR, and just saw you have a new PTR going so I'm subbing in! We are also planning to be in WDW in October 2012 to celebrate DS's 2nd birthday. Congrats on being able to book your resort. That is always such an exciting part of the planning for me because it makes everything seem more real knowing you have reserved the place you will sleep every night.

Anyway, I look forward to following along with the rest of your plans!
Glad you followed over here!
So cool that you're also going in October!

Quote:
Originally Posted by merbobear View Post
So jealous that you have 2 trips to look forward to now! I am also staying at OKW in May (7-15), and we are also excited about the hours - although this year in May the parks were open a bit later, we were strolling down Main Street, USA at 2 am on more than one occasion.

Oh, and I'm a longtime lurker and new subscriber
<---- that's my 'welcome out of lurkdom!' dance.
Thanks for reading!

Maybe I'll see you around OKW! I love late night at MK. Though arrival day late EMH often sounds like a better idea in theory than reality..
Old 11-22-2011, 07:50 AM   #134
Enchanted88
A dream is a wish your heart makes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyciemc View Post
I know! I can't wait to plan... but I need to remember to get input from our friends, and not make all the decisions myself
haha I know what you mean!! This time, so far, DH and I have really been talking about plans together, which is different from our last trip! I basically just let him pick a couple of food places! haha I want him to love it like I do, and I figure the more he gets to plan the more he will enjoy and like it!

401 days 'till Disney!!! But who's counting?!?! --A PTR
Enchanted88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 02:57 PM   #135
debrapagliasotti
DIS Veteran

Joining in on your PTR! Saw your link on the Oct 2012 post.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: