Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-08-2011, 08:30 PM   #91
Joyciemc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoNotAPrincess View Post
Old Sturbridge Village looks cool...I love stuff like that! I lived in Virginia for a few years and was forever haunting places like Monticello, Mount Vernon, Appomattox Courthouse, and Olde Williamsburg. Good times!
The best part was the 'costumed interpreters'. Everyone was so knowledgeable and eager to share information about the time they 'live' in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by annmarieda View Post
What a fun weekend outing. I love things like that. Great picture too! And... I love how you always manage to dress to blend in with your surroundings
I don't try to!

Quote:
Originally Posted by klacey1 View Post
I haven't been to OSV in YEARS! I remember it kind of being like a mini Colonial Williamsburg-- love your pictures! Those cows are precious!
Why do you blend into everything?! Chairs, doors?!
See above, it's not on purpose! Though I know for a fact that Ben took that picture in reference to my previous blending-ness. He'll probably add it to his trip report, now!
Joyciemc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 08:37 PM   #92
Joyciemc
DIS Veteran

Can I just have a teensy-weensy little vent, please?
I manage the Facebook page for my work, and most of the time it's just a way for me to highlight upcoming events, or other things going on. Once in a while, someone will post a question on the wall of the page that really doesn't/shouldn't be public. Instead of ignoring these, I'll post something asking them to email/call with their question.
Sometimes people are just downright MEAN! They get to say whatever they want because they are just typing away and don't seem to care that there's someone reading/responding to this on her own time and is honestly offended or hurt by what they write. And of course, I have to remain professional and polite and just sit here seething. Grrr. Why can't I retire yet, exactly?

Thanks for letting me whine, folks...

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-08-2011, 08:43 PM   #93
Enchanted88
A dream is a wish your heart makes

It looks like you guys had a great time at OSV! My DH is such a history buff, he would absolutely love that! I'm sure that was a very fun experience!

Im sure running a fb page for your job can be very frustrating!! I'm sorry to hear that it's causing you such a headache!!

Hope you had a great Tuesday!

401 days 'till Disney!!! But who's counting?!?! --A PTR
Enchanted88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 06:04 AM   #94
Tracy161
DIS Veteran

Ugh, sorry about the FB post! What's with people sometimes?!

On a better note, I LOVE OSV! Used to go quite often as a kid and will actually be heading out to Plimoth Plantation next weekend! Looks like you and Ben had a fabulous time and I loved your comment on OSV's version of the Segway tour!
Tracy161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 07:17 AM   #95
SoNotAPrincess
Disney Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyciemc View Post
Can I just have a teensy-weensy little vent, please?
I manage the Facebook page for my work, and most of the time it's just a way for me to highlight upcoming events, or other things going on. Once in a while, someone will post a question on the wall of the page that really doesn't/shouldn't be public. Instead of ignoring these, I'll post something asking them to email/call with their question.
Sometimes people are just downright MEAN! They get to say whatever they want because they are just typing away and don't seem to care that there's someone reading/responding to this on her own time and is honestly offended or hurt by what they write. And of course, I have to remain professional and polite and just sit here seething. Grrr. Why can't I retire yet, exactly?

Thanks for letting me whine, folks...

Some peopel are SO big and brave when they don't have to stand face-to-face with another person. Bleh!

And you can't retire yet cuz you have to fund your Disney obsession somehow!
Old 11-09-2011, 08:44 AM   #96
jenny105
DIS Veteran

It's easy for people to hide behind a computer.

Me DBf Kris Mitzu
Sept 2015 ASMu ~ August 2013 GF ~ Oct 2012 AKL ~ April 2011 DL Paradise Pier ~ Oct 2010 POP ~ Sept 2009 WL/DCL/BCV ~ Nov 2008 RPR Universal ~ Jan 2008 POP ~ April 2007 POP ~ Jan 2006 POP
jenny105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 05:08 PM   #97
Shannon84
DIS Veteran

Just catching up on the PTR!!! DF and I think your Halloween costumes were awesome, we were laughing so hard! I always make him watch that show its so funny

I love the pictures of Old Sturbridge Village...I remember going there all the time as a kid on field trips
Shannon84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 08:54 PM   #98
Joyciemc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enchanted88 View Post
It looks like you guys had a great time at OSV! My DH is such a history buff, he would absolutely love that! I'm sure that was a very fun experience!

Im sure running a fb page for your job can be very frustrating!! I'm sorry to hear that it's causing you such a headache!!

Hope you had a great Tuesday!
I just need to learn not to check my work Facebook from home. It's okay to get frustrated when I'm getting paid for it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracy161 View Post
Ugh, sorry about the FB post! What's with people sometimes?!

On a better note, I LOVE OSV! Used to go quite often as a kid and will actually be heading out to Plimoth Plantation next weekend! Looks like you and Ben had a fabulous time and I loved your comment on OSV's version of the Segway tour!
Oooh, let me know how Plimouth Plantation is. I'm sure I've been, but I don't remember it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoNotAPrincess View Post
Some peopel are SO big and brave when they don't have to stand face-to-face with another person. Bleh!

And you can't retire yet cuz you have to fund your Disney obsession somehow!
That's true... wish I had picked a less expensive hobby than traveling to Disney! But I guess it's worth putting up with the occasional nasty comment. It's not all bad; a client told me today that I am "fabulous", and another said he loved me. Not in like, a weird creepy way, but in a 'thank you for helping me with this problem' kinda way,

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenny105 View Post
It's easy for people to hide behind a computer.
Seriously. Facebook has made people forget how to interact normally!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shannon84 View Post
Just catching up on the PTR!!! DF and I think your Halloween costumes were awesome, we were laughing so hard! I always make him watch that show its so funny

I love the pictures of Old Sturbridge Village...I remember going there all the time as a kid on field trips
Yay, glad you got our costumes! Only a few people got it when we were out and about, but it is still my favorite costume to date. Though I already know what next year is going to be-- hope it tops this year!
Old 11-10-2011, 06:57 AM   #99
Enchanted88

Quote:
I just need to learn not to check my work Facebook from home. It's okay to get frustrated when I'm getting paid for it!
haha Yes, that is very true!! It's a lot easier to take people's attitudes/rudeness when you are being compensated for it! haha
At my job, I just have to keep telling myself, "it's not me they are mad at..it's the situation." but it sure can seem like they are mad at me!

Old 11-10-2011, 11:34 AM   #100
Montegut
Mouseketeer

Going October 2012 too!

Yeah! We're going October 2012 as well. Already booked the trip, as we wanted a Magic Kingdom view in the Contemporary. Lifelong dream for both of us. Went on our honeymoon and will celebrate our 30th anniversary at Disney next year. I haven't been back since, and H only went with S on a father-son graduation trip seven years ago. Epcot had just opened up when I went, so looking forward to many more countries, HS, AKL!, and many restaurants. A couple's romantic week of fine dining on the Deluxe Dining Plan. And so looking forward to Food and Wine! Hoping to catch some awesome concerts at Eat to the Beat and taste a variety of food at the kiosks. Can't wait to walk downstairs to the monorail and explore the park! Can't wait to take a boat from park to park or to resorts, wherever we can. We love being on the water! Looking forward to reading everyone's pre trip planning and getting and sharing tips! Have a great year getting ready for your trip!
Montegut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 07:09 PM   #101
Joyciemc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enchanted88 View Post
haha Yes, that is very true!! It's a lot easier to take people's attitudes/rudeness when you are being compensated for it! haha
At my job, I just have to keep telling myself, "it's not me they are mad at..it's the situation." but it sure can seem like they are mad at me!
It is hard not to take things personally! Funny enough, the person who posted rudely on FB called today and was sweet as could be on the phone. So all's well that ends well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montegut View Post
Yeah! We're going October 2012 as well. Already booked the trip, as we wanted a Magic Kingdom view in the Contemporary. Lifelong dream for both of us. Went on our honeymoon and will celebrate our 30th anniversary at Disney next year. I haven't been back since, and H only went with S on a father-son graduation trip seven years ago. Epcot had just opened up when I went, so looking forward to many more countries, HS, AKL!, and many restaurants. A couple's romantic week of fine dining on the Deluxe Dining Plan. And so looking forward to Food and Wine! Hoping to catch some awesome concerts at Eat to the Beat and taste a variety of food at the kiosks. Can't wait to walk downstairs to the monorail and explore the park! Can't wait to take a boat from park to park or to resorts, wherever we can. We love being on the water! Looking forward to reading everyone's pre trip planning and getting and sharing tips! Have a great year getting ready for your trip!
Oh my goodness, I am so excited for you! So many new things to experience at WDW, you're going to have a wonderful time!

And a MK view at the Contemporary- wow! What a fabulous trip!!
Old 11-11-2011, 08:31 AM   #102
Enchanted88

Quote:
It is hard not to take things personally! Funny enough, the person who posted rudely on FB called today and was sweet as could be on the phone. So all's well that ends well!

Well that's good! Maybe she was having a bad day or something! I'm glad she changed her rudeness around for you! haha

Old 11-12-2011, 03:31 PM   #103
Joyciemc
DIS Veteran

We can book our trip tomorrow!!

Ben called today to confirm that DVC Member Services is open tomorrow (on a Sunday) and they are! So right at 9am, we'll call and hopefully get our dates. Since you can book a 7 day trip 11 months out from the first day at your home resort, other people have already been able to book trip including part of our dates. Which I hadn't really thought about before, so I am now just a little nervous about whether we'll get our dates.

I wanted to give a shout-out to Ben's trip report. He's been writing about our recent trip, and it's his first TR! Stop on over and say hello
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2815779
Old 11-12-2011, 03:51 PM   #104
tankgirl427
DIS Veteran

On a plus side they open at 9am rather than 7am when you can call for dining reservations or 6am for getting online for ADRs. Are you booking a studio or 1 bedroom? In January we will be in a studio.

"You held me down, but I got up, Get ready cause I’ve had enough."

PHM 2015-In Pursuit of Cupcakes While Running in Glass Slippers

Pre 2006 doesn't count, 2006: Dolphin, 2006: 16 hours of MK & EP, 2009: DL, 2010: PC with DDP, 2011: Off-site with friends & PC, 2012: AKL & BLT, POFQ, 2013: POP, POP, DL, POP
tankgirl427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 07:59 PM   #105
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We can book our trip tomorrow!!

Ben called today to confirm that DVC Member Services is open tomorrow (on a Sunday) and they are! So right at 9am, we'll call and hopefully get our dates. Since you can book a 7 day trip 11 months out from the first day at your home resort, other people have already been able to book trip including part of our dates. Which I hadn't really thought about before, so I am now just a little nervous about whether we'll get our dates.

I wanted to give a shout-out to Ben's trip report. He's been writing about our recent trip, and it's his first TR! Stop on over and say hello
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2815779
for tomorrow!!!
annmarieda is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: