Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-27-2011, 09:14 PM   #46
Joyciemc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by annmarieda View Post
hmm... a princess of some kind??? I can't wait to seed the entire ensemble.
Not quite a princess... I can't wait to share pictures!

Quote:
Originally Posted by klacey1 View Post
Haha, I can't wait to find out what your costume is. Looking at the picture, I feel like I SHOULD know!
I may or may not remember you mentioning a certain award of Ben's on a past TR/PTR
Ben mentions that award all. the. time. But he does have mad skillz!

Another hint for my costume: I bought a couple of the items in the girls clothing department (including some socks... which are actually pretty big. Do little girls really have such big feet?)

Stay tuned!
Joyciemc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 03:17 PM   #47
Joyciemc
DIS Veteran

In exciting news, the friends we are traveling with had their offer accepted on a house in the neighboring town to us! They currently live about an hour away, so it will be very nice to have them nearby again

So I promised picture of my costume... here ya go!

And because they are so cool, here our friends of ours as zombies (Nicole is an amazing make-up artist and did both her and her husbands stuff here)

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-30-2011, 06:27 PM   #48
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

I love the costumes!!! Awesome make up job your friends have going on!!
annmarieda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 08:35 PM   #49
jenny105
DIS Veteran

Wow, they're make up skills are amazing! Great costumes!

Me DBf Kris Mitzu
Sept 2015 ASMu/DCL ~ August 2013 GF ~ Oct 2012 AKL ~ April 2011 DL Paradise Pier ~ Oct 2010 POP ~ Sept 2009 WL/DCL/BCV ~ Nov 2008 RPR Universal ~ Jan 2008 POP ~ April 2007 POP ~ Jan 2006 POP
jenny105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 08:39 PM   #50
Tracy161
DIS Veteran

Cannot belive it's taken me this long to figure out you've started your PTR! YAY! You're down to less than a year! We are trying to plan a trip for next October as well... no ticker yet as we haven't completely committed, but that's the plan. If it works out, we can start wishing the year away together!
Tracy161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 09:03 PM   #51
Joyciemc
DIS Veteran

So there you have it- I was a child pageant contestant (Toddlers and Tiaras is a train wreck of a show, but I just can't look away!)

Ben was my pageant dad, and helped coach me to win "The Cutest" award at the party we went to

Quote:
Originally Posted by annmarieda View Post
I love the costumes!!! Awesome make up job your friends have going on!!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenny105 View Post
Wow, they're make up skills are amazing! Great costumes!
Yeah, Nicole is very talented!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracy161 View Post
Cannot belive it's taken me this long to figure out you've started your PTR! YAY! You're down to less than a year! We are trying to plan a trip for next October as well... no ticker yet as we haven't completely committed, but that's the plan. If it works out, we can start wishing the year away together!
Yay, glad you found me!
I'll keep my fingers crossed that you'll have an October trip to plan!
Old 10-30-2011, 11:32 PM   #52
BennyFedora
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyciemc View Post

I wish I had more pictures showing the front and back of my shirt with your pretty glamor shot and all of your titles!
Old 10-31-2011, 06:58 AM   #53
Tracy161
DIS Veteran

I KNEW IT!!!!!!! I KNEW IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I too am guilty of watching the train wreck that is Toddlers and Tiaras! Your costume was brilliant! And Ben as your pageant dad - priceless!!!!!!!!!! Excellent job you guys!!!!!!!
Tracy161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 09:26 AM   #54
tankgirl427
DIS Veteran

Where is your pixie stix to keep your energy up, but you have to pour it down the back of your throat?

I love the spray tan and your "special" drink. Seriously who thought giving a kid a red bull was a good idea?

Toddlers & Tiaras is just one of those shows I can't help but watch and wonder what possesses some of these parents.

Was Eden Wood there? Cause she's real famous.

"You held me down, but I got up, Get ready cause I’ve had enough."

PHM 2015-In Pursuit of Cupcakes While Running in Glass Slippers

Pre 2006 doesn't count, 2006: Dolphin, 2006: 16 hours of MK & EP, 2009: DL, 2010: PC with DDP, 2011: Off-site with friends & PC, 2012: AKL & BLT, POFQ, 2013: POP, POP, DL, POP
tankgirl427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 10:03 AM   #55
BennyFedora
Mouseketeer

Since I still have the shirt, I guess it wasn't too hard to take some post-Halloween pictures:

Old 10-31-2011, 06:14 PM   #56
Joyciemc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracy161 View Post
I KNEW IT!!!!!!! I KNEW IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I too am guilty of watching the train wreck that is Toddlers and Tiaras! Your costume was brilliant! And Ben as your pageant dad - priceless!!!!!!!!!! Excellent job you guys!!!!!!!
Haha! You are one of about two people who got my costume without me telling them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tankgirl427 View Post
Where is your pixie stix to keep your energy up, but you have to pour it down the back of your throat?

I love the spray tan and your "special" drink. Seriously who thought giving a kid a red bull was a good idea?

Toddlers & Tiaras is just one of those shows I can't help but watch and wonder what possesses some of these parents.

Was Eden Wood there? Cause she's real famous.
Betsy, funny you should ask about the pixie stix! I meant to get some, but never got around to it. Luckily, my 'pageant juice' was quite helpful in keeping my bright-eyed and bushy-tailed!

Haha, no Eden Wood... I woulda beaten her, anyway
Old 10-31-2011, 07:38 PM   #57
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Haha, love the Halloween costume! I've never actually watched that show, those kids annoy me wayyy too much, but it's a cute idea for a costume!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Nermel9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 07:45 PM   #58
Joyciemc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
Haha, love the Halloween costume! I've never actually watched that show, those kids annoy me wayyy too much, but it's a cute idea for a costume!
I am one of those people that is fascinated by the weird stuff people do. I also find those kids obnoxious, but bizarre and therefore captivating!
Old 10-31-2011, 09:08 PM   #59
Joyciemc
DIS Veteran

Happy Halloween!!!!

This was a weird Halloween... we hardly had any trick or treaters until almost 8pm. They were all older kids who took too much candy. Even when I told the last group we were almost out, they just dove at me to get the last ones. Not fun. every other year, we've had lots of super cute little ones. Maybe it was too cold, what with the snow and all

All-in-all, though, this was a good day- I got some interesting news from a friend which could be a sure-fire way of making the time till my trip go faster... details will follow if/when I get them. Fingers crossed!
Old 11-01-2011, 12:58 AM   #60
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyciemc View Post
Happy Halloween!!!!

This was a weird Halloween... we hardly had any trick or treaters until almost 8pm. They were all older kids who took too much candy. Even when I told the last group we were almost out, they just dove at me to get the last ones. Not fun. every other year, we've had lots of super cute little ones. Maybe it was too cold, what with the snow and all

All-in-all, though, this was a good day- I got some interesting news from a friend which could be a sure-fire way of making the time till my trip go faster... details will follow if/when I get them. Fingers crossed!
It was odd here too. Normally we get at least 200 kids... and this year I would say maybe 100. And it was a slow stream...not like usual where my door it almost open continuously from 6p to 8pm. I wonder if it was that it was a monday?? The weather here actually wasn't too bad...so
But, just like you...lots of older kids and few younger ones....
annmarieda is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: