Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-23-2011, 10:14 PM   #31
Joyciemc
DIS Veteran
 
Joyciemc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Quincy, MA
Posts: 2,733

Quote:
Originally Posted by annmarieda View Post
Shortly after I booked our trip, all I could think about was the trip. Then it got better..then it was all I could think about. It has been like that all year... not a lot of thought to all I could think about. I am back to it being all I think about.

And... on your Puerto Rico trip!
We're at least getting closer to being able to officially book the trip... that's a big mile stone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
OMG definitely do the Haunted Carriage Ride, it is SO much fun, I really, really love the campground, I would LOVE to stay there someday if for some reason I ever buy an RV!

A Wishes cruise sounds like fun, but they are kind of expensive, so the dessert party is a good alternative!

I want to do the Epcot Segway tour soooo bad, we were actually considering doing it on this past trip, but I somehow forgot to book it!
I think you've convinced me to keep the Carriage Ride on the list of activities to put to a group vote. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnmel View Post
I get so excited every week to find out what size my baby now is!

Well if we ever get DVC it's because we have won the lottery and can afford multiple airline trips a year, so we should be able to afford the high cost of points at Bay Lake.

I totally get the whole excited when the trip is still a year away. I did that with he wedding AND the Disneymoon. And congrats on going to Puerto Rico!
I keep trying to convince Ben that we need to buy more points so we can take more trips. Maybe someday!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE View Post
Your whole list sounds great! I would definitely recommend the Wishes cruise. We had an amazing time on ours! One of my co-workers did the KTTK tour recently and loved it. I'm considering it for our upcoming trip, too. I think the haunted carriage ride sounds like so much fun!
I REALLY wanna do the Wishes cruise. But I need to get a better idea of what our friends are considering reasonable to spend on extras... even if it isn't this trip, I am determined to do one sometime!
Joyciemc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 10:42 PM   #32
tankgirl427
DIS Veteran
 
tankgirl427's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: MA
Posts: 1,220

All caught up! I think your list sounds good. One thing I learned from my trip is, separation and not always being together might be a good thing.
__________________

"You held me down, but I got up, Get ready cause I’ve had enough."

PHM 2015-In Pursuit of Cupcakes While Running in Glass Slippers






Pre 2006 doesn't count, 2006: Dolphin, 2006: 16 hours of MK & EP, 2009: DL, 2010: PC with DDP, 2011: Off-site with friends & PC, 2012: AKL & BLT, POFQ, 2013: POP, POP, DL, POP
tankgirl427 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 10-24-2011, 07:40 PM   #33
AKL LOVER
Are we there yet??
 
AKL LOVER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Virginia
Posts: 979

OOOHHHHH Puerto Rico in February--now that sounds heavenly!!
AKL LOVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 10:51 PM   #34
Joyciemc
DIS Veteran
 
Joyciemc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Quincy, MA
Posts: 2,733

Quote:
Originally Posted by tankgirl427 View Post
All caught up! I think your list sounds good. One thing I learned from my trip is, separation and not always being together might be a good thing.
When are you going to start your TR?

We will definitely have days where we do our own things. I am pretty particular about what I like in WDW, so I'll have to have some time on my own, I am sure!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKL LOVER View Post
OOOHHHHH Puerto Rico in February--now that sounds heavenly!!
Yes, it does! I have only been back from vacation for a month and I already NEED another one... can you believe Ben says I can't retire yet? Not fair.
Joyciemc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 09:44 AM   #35
jenny105
DIS Veteran
 
jenny105's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: NJ
Posts: 8,842

Hi! Followed you here from the October 2012 thread.

I'm thinking non-stop about our trip too. We're going a couple weeks before you and we're renting DVC points from a friend. She can make our reservation for us on the 30th. Only 5 days to go until it seems that much more real!

I went to HHN at Universal last year. Watch out for that chainsaw army!

Looking forward to reading more about your trip
__________________

Me DBf Kris Mitzu
Sept 2015 ASMu/DCL ~ August 2013 GF ~ Oct 2012 AKL ~ April 2011 DL Paradise Pier ~ Oct 2010 POP ~ Sept 2009 WL/DCL/BCV ~ Nov 2008 RPR Universal ~ Jan 2008 POP ~ April 2007 POP ~ Jan 2006 POP
jenny105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 06:12 PM   #36
Joyciemc
DIS Veteran
 
Joyciemc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Quincy, MA
Posts: 2,733

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenny105 View Post
Hi! Followed you here from the October 2012 thread.

I'm thinking non-stop about our trip too. We're going a couple weeks before you and we're renting DVC points from a friend. She can make our reservation for us on the 30th. Only 5 days to go until it seems that much more real!

I went to HHN at Universal last year. Watch out for that chainsaw army!

Looking forward to reading more about your trip
Hey, thanks for reading!!

I CAN'T wait to be officially booked! Then, I won't be able to wait until we can try to switch our ressie. Though I am already thinking I really will be happy where ever we stay (the same thing happened on our last trip)

I don't like the sound of chainsaw army... the more I think about HHN, the more I realize I don't belong there. Maybe I'll send the other three to Universal, and I will stay safe from chainsaws at Disney

Off to join your PTR... it's fun to have other trips to plan along with!
Joyciemc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 06:22 PM   #37
Joyciemc
DIS Veteran
 
Joyciemc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Quincy, MA
Posts: 2,733

oops, double post!

Last edited by Joyciemc; 10-25-2011 at 06:44 PM.
Joyciemc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 07:51 PM   #38
Joyciemc
DIS Veteran
 
Joyciemc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Quincy, MA
Posts: 2,733

Ben wanted to start planning park days the other day, but I told him that is really hard to do without park hours. I tried to start using projected hours, but I just couldn't get into it this far out.

What I can get into is food! I'm working on a list of places we wanna go. Well, some are places we all want, some are just ones I've added without consulting the others yet. Wondering what I've come up with?

Japan: Teppanyaki or the table service restaurant. I like Teppanyaki style restaurants, and it's been a loooooong time since I've eaten in Japan... but I'm not sure this will make the short list.

Mama Melrose’s. A MUST DO. If for no other reason than they have 'Italian Surfer' on the drink menu. This is our signature 'house shot', the drink we make for folks visiting. What? You all don't have one of those?
It all started on a bar crawl we did with Hilde and Sebastian, so I took it as a sign. Plus, I've never eaten here and like the menu.

Hoop Dee Doo Review. Ben and I did this two trips ago and are ready to go back!

Sannaa. Love this place! The four of us really like Indian food, which is a strong influence on the Sanaa menu. Will probably only work if we plan around an AK day, since Kidani is kinda hard to get to by WDW transportation.

Big River Brewery. Hilde and Sebastian brew their own (awesome) beer. Ben and I like to drink beer. Get it?

Marrakesh. Never eaten in Morocco, and the foods sound like stuff we'd like. Plus, belly dancing is fun to watch!

Plaza Restaurant. Not sure why, but I have had this one my list of restaurants to try for the last few trips. Still haven't gone. Maybe this time?

Beaches and Cream. I love ice cream. Maybe we could eat real food here, if we end up staying at the Boardwalk.

Kouzinna (breakfast). The breakfast menu sounded really good! Once again, this is more likely if we are staying at the BWV

Captain’s Grille. Not ridiculously expensive, but the menu looks pretty yummy. Plus I've never been to the Yacht Club.

Raglan Road. I would kill for the Bread & Butter Pudding here. They have good curry, too.

Flying Fish Café. I honestly don't know if Hilde and Sebastian like seafood... that might change things...

That's a lot of new places for me to eat! I know we won't get to all of them, but I'd like to try!
Joyciemc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 08:16 PM   #39
AKL LOVER
Are we there yet??
 
AKL LOVER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Virginia
Posts: 979

I'm going to give you a big for HDDR, Sanaa and Mama Melrose's. We love all 3!

The Plaza and Flying Fish are actually both on my list for our April trip too--already booked dinner ADRs there. Not sure why, but they just spoke to me and I want to try 'em.
AKL LOVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 02:15 AM   #40
annmarieda
DIS Veteran
 
annmarieda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Washington State
Posts: 8,537

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyciemc View Post
Ben wanted to start planning park days the other day, but I told him that is really hard to do without park hours. I tried to start using projected hours, but I just couldn't get into it this far out.

What I can get into is food! I'm working on a list of places we wanna go. Well, some are places we all want, some are just ones I've added without consulting the others yet. Wondering what I've come up with?

Japan: Teppanyaki or the table service restaurant. I like Teppanyaki style restaurants, and it's been a loooooong time since I've eaten in Japan... but I'm not sure this will make the short list.

Mama Melrose’s. A MUST DO. If for no other reason than they have 'Italian Surfer' on the drink menu. This is our signature 'house shot', the drink we make for folks visiting. What? You all don't have one of those?
It all started on a bar crawl we did with Hilde and Sebastian, so I took it as a sign. Plus, I've never eaten here and like the menu.

Hoop Dee Doo Review. Ben and I did this two trips ago and are ready to go back!

Sannaa. Love this place! The four of us really like Indian food, which is a strong influence on the Sanaa menu. Will probably only work if we plan around an AK day, since Kidani is kinda hard to get to by WDW transportation.

Big River Brewery. Hilde and Sebastian brew their own (awesome) beer. Ben and I like to drink beer. Get it?

Marrakesh. Never eaten in Morocco, and the foods sound like stuff we'd like. Plus, belly dancing is fun to watch!

Plaza Restaurant. Not sure why, but I have had this one my list of restaurants to try for the last few trips. Still haven't gone. Maybe this time?

Beaches and Cream. I love ice cream. Maybe we could eat real food here, if we end up staying at the Boardwalk.

Kouzinna (breakfast). The breakfast menu sounded really good! Once again, this is more likely if we are staying at the BWV

Captain’s Grille. Not ridiculously expensive, but the menu looks pretty yummy. Plus I've never been to the Yacht Club.

Raglan Road. I would kill for the Bread & Butter Pudding here. They have good curry, too.

Flying Fish Café. I honestly don't know if Hilde and Sebastian like seafood... that might change things...

That's a lot of new places for me to eat! I know we won't get to all of them, but I'd like to try!
I love all your choices! Many of those I have not been to...in fact, most. Sadly, of your list, I only have one that I have never been to that I will be trying this time. (Sanaa) I am glad you mentioned going only if you were at AK since that is how we are planning it. Otherwise, I can see how it would be very tough to get to.

Of my "have dones" are Mama Melrose (yum and they changed the menu recently) Tepanedo (sp?) and Raglan Road (agreed, bread pudding is amazing!)
annmarieda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 10:00 AM   #41
jenny105
DIS Veteran
 
jenny105's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: NJ
Posts: 8,842

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyciemc View Post
Hey, thanks for reading!!

I CAN'T wait to be officially booked! Then, I won't be able to wait until we can try to switch our ressie. Though I am already thinking I really will be happy where ever we stay (the same thing happened on our last trip)

I don't like the sound of chainsaw army... the more I think about HHN, the more I realize I don't belong there. Maybe I'll send the other three to Universal, and I will stay safe from chainsaws at Disney

Off to join your PTR... it's fun to have other trips to plan along with!
As long as your in Disney, that's all that matters

All I'm saying is, if you go & you see the chainsaw army, fade into the background. Push the other people of your party toward the front of the crowd. Watch what happens.

Your dining list looks good! I love HDDR. I was pulled up on stage there & got to can can dance in front of all those people. I also looove Beaches & Cream, yum!

I have an idea of what parks I want to go to based on this year's October hours. Does that make me crazy?
__________________

Me DBf Kris Mitzu
Sept 2015 ASMu/DCL ~ August 2013 GF ~ Oct 2012 AKL ~ April 2011 DL Paradise Pier ~ Oct 2010 POP ~ Sept 2009 WL/DCL/BCV ~ Nov 2008 RPR Universal ~ Jan 2008 POP ~ April 2007 POP ~ Jan 2006 POP
jenny105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 12:52 PM   #42
Joyciemc
DIS Veteran
 
Joyciemc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Quincy, MA
Posts: 2,733

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKL LOVER View Post
I'm going to give you a big for HDDR, Sanaa and Mama Melrose's. We love all 3!

The Plaza and Flying Fish are actually both on my list for our April trip too--already booked dinner ADRs there. Not sure why, but they just spoke to me and I want to try 'em.
I think the Plaza keeps staying on my list cause I really like sandwiches. And milkshakes. Now I just have to actually get there this time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by annmarieda View Post
I love all your choices! Many of those I have not been to...in fact, most. Sadly, of your list, I only have one that I have never been to that I will be trying this time. (Sanaa) I am glad you mentioned going only if you were at AK since that is how we are planning it. Otherwise, I can see how it would be very tough to get to.

Of my "have dones" are Mama Melrose (yum and they changed the menu recently) Tepanedo (sp?) and Raglan Road (agreed, bread pudding is amazing!)
Sanaa is so good!!! And it has a great view!

We've walked by Mama Melrose's so many times, I am excited to finally try it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenny105 View Post
As long as your in Disney, that's all that matters

All I'm saying is, if you go & you see the chainsaw army, fade into the background. Push the other people of your party toward the front of the crowd. Watch what happens.

Your dining list looks good! I love HDDR. I was pulled up on stage there & got to can can dance in front of all those people. I also looove Beaches & Cream, yum!

I have an idea of what parks I want to go to based on this year's October hours. Does that make me crazy?
Haha, I read your TR and the chainsaw army sounds scary! But also fun to watch (it happen to other people)

Nope, not crazy. I just don't want to start and then not have the fun of a completely blank itinerary to fill in (my favorite part of planning), cause then it will be over. So clearly, I'm the crazy one.
Joyciemc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 01:05 PM   #43
Joyciemc
DIS Veteran
 
Joyciemc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Quincy, MA
Posts: 2,733

18 days till we can book our trip!

This isn't trip related, but I spent a good portion of my morning (I have the day off) putting sleeves (sorta) on a dress. You wouldn't know this, but that is the last thing I would ever think I'd be doing. I do not sew, I am not crafty. But the sacrifices I will make for a Halloween costume...
Ben actually helped with the hardest part of the dress alteration, cause he's actually pretty talented in the areas of Home Ec (he may have even won an award... I am sure he'll tell you about it)

So now you might be wondering... what is this costume? Here's a hint:


Any guesses?

The actual costume has come a long way, but we needed that picture for Ben's costume. Of course I'll post pictures after Halloween of the entire ensemble.
Joyciemc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 07:21 PM   #44
annmarieda
DIS Veteran
 
annmarieda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Washington State
Posts: 8,537

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyciemc View Post
18 days till we can book our trip!

This isn't trip related, but I spent a good portion of my morning (I have the day off) putting sleeves (sorta) on a dress. You wouldn't know this, but that is the last thing I would ever think I'd be doing. I do not sew, I am not crafty. But the sacrifices I will make for a Halloween costume...
Ben actually helped with the hardest part of the dress alteration, cause he's actually pretty talented in the areas of Home Ec (he may have even won an award... I am sure he'll tell you about it)

So now you might be wondering... what is this costume? Here's a hint:


Any guesses?

The actual costume has come a long way, but we needed that picture for Ben's costume. Of course I'll post pictures after Halloween of the entire ensemble.
hmm... a princess of some kind??? I can't wait to seed the entire ensemble.
annmarieda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 08:53 PM   #45
klacey1
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 4,810

Haha, I can't wait to find out what your costume is. Looking at the picture, I feel like I SHOULD know!
I may or may not remember you mentioning a certain award of Ben's on a past TR/PTR
klacey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:23 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.