Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-17-2011, 10:38 AM   #16
Joyciemc
DIS Veteran

As I was starting to write an update, I was going through pictures from the first trip to WDW that Ben and I took together, in September 2007. Apparently, we have a signature pose:

I am apparently having an issue with Photobucket. There are supposed to pictures here. Okay, problem solved... I think.

My best guess is that 'armsies upsies' is supposed to convey the fact that we are HAVING FUN! In future trip photos, this pose disappeared. Does that mean we were no longer having fun, or we were just better at getting creative with poses?

Let me get back to where I was going with this post before a trip down memory lane distracted me:

I have been mentally creating a wish list of new stuff to do this trip. Some of it is completely reasonable and super likely to happen. Some of it is ridiculous in terms of cost or otherwise ease of doing. I figured a year out is a good time to still be brainstorming and not have to cut anything off this list, yet.

1) Wishes Cruise. We could never, ever do this with just the two of us. But four people seems a little more reasonable. Still kind of extravagant, though.

2)Wishes Dessert Party. This would obviously be the more reasonable alternative to the cruise. Plus, it comes with desserts. Awesome! Downside? No boat.

3)Keys to the Kingdom tour. Ben and I did Backstage Magic last year and really enjoyed it (except for our tour guide...) Keys to the Kingdom is different because it gives a better look at the attractions.

4)Segway Tour at Epcot. Riding Segways? Sounds fun! We already know Hilde and Sebastian aren't in for this one (apparently our friends hate Segways. Or they just don't want to do this tour.), but they also want to do a water park and Ben and I won't be. So this could be a nice 'let's not do everything attached at the hip' activity.

5)Hoop Dee Doo Revue. Ben and I saw it two trips ago and knew we'd wanna go back. Friends have already agreed to this one.

6)Haunted Halloween Carriage Ride at Ft. Wilderness. If we are staying at BLT, getting there shouldn't be too tough. And I'd like to see more of the campground.

7)Halloween Horrors Night at Universal. I am actually super-duper scared of haunted houses. But I love the idea of them. And I think the other three people in the group would really enjoy going. But there's a not-so-minimal cost involved (including transportation). Plus, I may spend the whole night hiding in a bathroom.

8)Yee-haw Bob's show at POR Riverside. Another thing Ben and I have done that we would like to share with our friends.

9)Ice cream at Beaches & Cream! Will be a bit more plausible if we are staying at the Boardwalk. But I love sweet stuff, and have never been here.

This is a list that I haven't shared with Hilde and Sebastian yet, even Ben only knows of a couple of these things. Most of the planning is going to be up to me, and I'll probably cut out a few of these things before putting them up for a vote.

Last edited by Joyciemc; 10-25-2011 at 06:37 PM.
Joyciemc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 10:39 AM   #17
Kez250
Mouseketeer

Subbing. love planning trips, currently driving myself crazy planning for 3 days in Dec and an entire week in April
Kez250 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-17-2011, 07:15 PM   #18
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

I like your wish list. I don't think anything sounds too crazy. And...since it will be four adults I think much more manageable
annmarieda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 07:26 PM   #19
AKL LOVER
Are we there yet??

I'm liking that list too! I've always thought the haunted carriage ride sounded like fun. And if you go that means we get to see pics and find out just how good it is!
AKL LOVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 05:21 PM   #20
Joyciemc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kez250 View Post
Subbing. love planning trips, currently driving myself crazy planning for 3 days in Dec and an entire week in April
Welcome and thanks for reading! Having multiple upcoming trips planned is the BEST!

Quote:
Originally Posted by annmarieda View Post
I like your wish list. I don't think anything sounds too crazy. And...since it will be four adults I think much more manageable
I wanna do it all! But I also want time to relax. So much pressure planning for 4 people!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKL LOVER View Post
I'm liking that list too! I've always thought the haunted carriage ride sounded like fun. And if you go that means we get to see pics and find out just how good it is!
I'm aiming for a TR full of new and exciting experiences
Old 10-18-2011, 05:29 PM   #21
Joyciemc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kez250 View Post
Welcome and thanks for reading! Having multiple upcoming trips planned is the BEST!

Quote:
Originally Posted by annmarieda View Post
I wanna do it all! But I also want time to relax. So much pressure planning for 4 people!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKL LOVER View Post
I'm aiming for a TR full of new and exciting experiences
Old 10-18-2011, 08:08 PM   #22
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

You sneaky little one, starting a PTR without really advertising for it. Well, I found it and I'm here. Good luck on getting the boardwalk. I forgot, is Kidani your home DVC?

The wish list is very cool, hope you get to do lots of those.

Now off to read your DH's TR. How amazing that he would write one? Listen to that, Ron? Yeah, didn't think so.
ronnmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 08:48 PM   #23
Joyciemc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnmel View Post
You sneaky little one, starting a PTR without really advertising for it. Well, I found it and I'm here. Good luck on getting the boardwalk. I forgot, is Kidani your home DVC?

The wish list is very cool, hope you get to do lots of those.

Now off to read your DH's TR. How amazing that he would write one? Listen to that, Ron? Yeah, didn't think so.
Haha, I wasn't trying to hide it Glad you're here!
Home resort for us is Bay Lake Towers, we still haven't stayed there. That's why I'm not gonna be too sad if we don't get the Boardwalk (though I really hope we do!)
Old 10-18-2011, 09:53 PM   #24
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyciemc View Post
Haha, I wasn't trying to hide it Glad you're here!
Home resort for us is Bay Lake Towers, we still haven't stayed there. That's why I'm not gonna be too sad if we don't get the Boardwalk (though I really hope we do!)
Oh, wow! Bay Lake would be Ron's dream DVC if we were ever to purchase it.
Old 10-20-2011, 05:14 PM   #25
Joyciemc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnmel View Post
Oh, wow! Bay Lake would be Ron's dream DVC if we were ever to purchase it.
Oooh, I just noticed your baby ticker changed from a snow pea to a blueberry! Congrats!

BLT is a pretty sweet place! But it's a lot of points per night when compared to some other DVC resorts, which is why we haven't stayed there yet!
Old 10-20-2011, 05:19 PM   #26
Joyciemc
DIS Veteran

How is it possible to be thinking so much about a trip so far away??? Even though I can't plan anything concretely, I can't stop reading menus and thinking about what rides are must-dos or skippable. This is gonna be a loooong year!

Today marks exactly one year from when we'll be back from our trip. So that's something, right?

In other news, we bought airfare yesterday for a trip we are taking in February. To Puerto Rico! We're going with Ben's cousin and his girlfriend (cousin's girlfriend, not Ben's ), along with some of their friends. So that oughta help pass some time! I may shimmy some of the details for that trip into this PTR, if you don't mind...
Old 10-20-2011, 07:17 PM   #27
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

Quote:
How is it possible to be thinking so much about a trip so far away??? Even though I can't plan anything concretely, I can't stop reading menus and thinking about what rides are must-dos or skippable. This is gonna be a loooong year!

Today marks exactly one year from when we'll be back from our trip. So that's something, right?

In other news, we bought airfare yesterday for a trip we are taking in February. To Puerto Rico! We're going with Ben's cousin and his girlfriend (cousin's girlfriend, not Ben's ), along with some of their friends. So that oughta help pass some time! I may shimmy some of the details for that trip into this PTR, if you don't mind...
Shortly after I booked our trip, all I could think about was the trip. Then it got better..then it was all I could think about. It has been like that all year... not a lot of thought to all I could think about. I am back to it being all I think about.

And... on your Puerto Rico trip!
annmarieda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 07:18 PM   #28
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

OMG definitely do the Haunted Carriage Ride, it is SO much fun, I really, really love the campground, I would LOVE to stay there someday if for some reason I ever buy an RV!

A Wishes cruise sounds like fun, but they are kind of expensive, so the dessert party is a good alternative!

I want to do the Epcot Segway tour soooo bad, we were actually considering doing it on this past trip, but I somehow forgot to book it!

NEW December 2013 TR, In Progress!

My TR's/PTR's~2/13 TR~11/12 TR!~11/12 PTR!~5/12 TR!~5/12 PTR!~12/11 TR!~10/11 TR!~10/11 PTR!~11/10 TR!~11/10 PTR!~Disneymoon TR 5/10!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Nermel9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 07:49 PM   #29
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Oooh, I just noticed your baby ticker changed from a snow pea to a blueberry! Congrats!

BLT is a pretty sweet place! But it's a lot of points per night when compared to some other DVC resorts, which is why we haven't stayed there yet!
I get so excited every week to find out what size my baby now is!

Well if we ever get DVC it's because we have won the lottery and can afford multiple airline trips a year, so we should be able to afford the high cost of points at Bay Lake.

I totally get the whole excited when the trip is still a year away. I did that with he wedding AND the Disneymoon. And congrats on going to Puerto Rico!
Old 10-23-2011, 10:23 AM   #30
SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE
DIS Veteran

Your whole list sounds great! I would definitely recommend the Wishes cruise. We had an amazing time on ours! One of my co-workers did the KTTK tour recently and loved it. I'm considering it for our upcoming trip, too. I think the haunted carriage ride sounds like so much fun!
SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: