Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-17-2012, 06:45 PM   #241
Joyciemc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by annmarieda View Post
One more day!!
What could be better??

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKL LOVER View Post
One more day or night in Disney is ALWAYS a good thing!

We're doing a Monday to Monday this year which is the longest we've ever gone. DH has been resistant to going for that long because he thinks it would be too much and too stressful to be at Disney that long. But I slipped it in there this time. He just realized it this week when he submitted his vacation days at work. I told him that if he wanted more time to spend at the pool that we definitely needed to extend by a couple of days so we could get some more park time in too. He seemed ok with that. Besides, I went with those days because we got really cheap airline tickets. I think he's coming around. I'm just glad to get some extra days!
Your DH might have been resistant, but you are totally right- the only chance of having any time to relax is by staying longer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE View Post
Sounds like an action packed trip for sure! I think 12 more hours will definitely be a good thing! As I was reading your update, the first thing that popped into my mind was "one more Disney day"!
Too funny- that's what I kept thinking, too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by klacey1 View Post
Yay for another day! That is a lot to pack into seven days-- especially so many tours! At least the resort bar crawl will provide some relaxing time!
There's just so much that I want to share with our friends, and a lot of new stuff for all of us. I can't cut anything out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amyrella View Post
Super late but caught up. I was browsing the boards so I could live vicariously through total strangers until I get to go again and stumbled upon you PTR. Ive always enjoyed reading your PTRs and TRs.

So here I am yet again living vicariously through another... And I say add a day!!!
Yay! that you found me!! Glad you enjoy my TRs, they are a lot of fun to write!

Quote:
Originally Posted by oboedm View Post
Subbing! Super excited about all your fun plans this year. Your TRs are definitely entertaining!
Hey Paula... I think I spy a PTR in your signature? Will have to check it out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
You have to go to a park on your last day since your flight home is so late!

Yay for another day in October! I always do that too, but I think with our one trip this year, I'm just going to stick with the days I have. I figure 8 should be enough this year, we did 10 last year and Brandon was ready to die at the end of the trip.

How is P90X going? You must be really in shape already if you can do that every day!

You're doing so many tours in October! I want to do one, but I'm not sure which one, I kind of want to do the Segway tour in Epcot, but I'm afraid I'll fall off and die or something. I'm glad your doing the Haunted Carriage Ride, it's so much fun!
On our last trip, Ben and I both kept adding days. This time, though we will be maxed out here. Too many different people's schedules/vacation time restrictions!

I wouldn't say I am in shape, but I am determined to stick with P90X. Even if I still can't do a chin-up or a pull-up completely on my own.

You can try out the Segway at Innoventions, that way you'll know if you're gonna die
SO excited for the Haunted Carriage Ride!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenny105 View Post
I'm adding a day too! It's cheaper to fly home the next day and I'd rather spend money having fun than flying home a day early!
Isn't it one of the best feelings to add a day? I can't wait to re-work my plans now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imagineer5 View Post
Yay for 1 more day!! hahaha. Looks like we all assume you'll be doing it. I added 3 days to my 1-week vaca and don't even remember ever planning to only go for a week!

I'm so jealous of your KTTK tour!! That's going to be so great. Which Segway tour are you doing? We did both, first the one at EPCOT in 2007 and then the Fort Wilderness one in 2010. Loved them both so much!

The behind the seeds tour also looks like fun (and it's nice it is cheap!). We might do that too, I think they allow babies...hmmm...

What's the gurgling suitcase??

And the Yee Haw Bob's show??

Can't wait to read more!!
Ben and I are going to do the Epcot Segway tour. Our friends don't want to, so they'll do a water park that day. Then they will do the Behind the Seeds Tour, since Ben and I did it fairly recently. I highly recommend it- should absolutely be fine with a baby!

Gurgling Suitcase is the pool bar at Old Key West. It is tiny, but awesome. And Yee Haw Bob does a hilarious and entertaining act at Port Orleans Riverside most nights. It's free and a lot of fun!
Joyciemc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 08:09 PM   #242
oceanwave
Mouseketeer

Yay for an extra day at Disney In my opinion you can never have too many days!

Love your to do list so far. Looks like loads of fun!

September 2012 - POFQ
September 2011 - Coronado Springs

Sep/Oct PTR
oceanwave is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-18-2012, 05:06 PM   #243
Joyciemc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceanwave View Post
Yay for an extra day at Disney In my opinion you can never have too many days!

Love your to do list so far. Looks like loads of fun!
I agree- there's no such thing as too long of a trip!
Old 01-18-2012, 05:55 PM   #244
khertz
Proud member of the WHO DAT NATION!!

In the spirit of this year's promotion, One More Disney Day! Hoping to convince my husband of the same thing for our October trip. 7 nights just isn't enough in my opinion. 8 is a nice round number.
JULY 1994 // Offsite & Universal Studios & Busch Gardens | APRIL 1998 // All Star Music & Universal Studios |FEBRUARY 2001 // All Star Music & Universal | MARCH 2003 // All Star Music & Universal // Hard Rock Hotel | FEBRUARY 2004 // All Star Music & Universal // Royal Pacific & Sea World | OCTOBER 2007 (Disneymoon!) // Port Orleans French Quarter & Universal Studios // Royal Pacific | DECEMBER 2009 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/ TR | JULY/AUGUST 2010 // Wyndham Cypress Palms TR | NOVEMBER 2011 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | MAY 2012 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove TR | AUGUST 2012 // Disneyland 5 Year Anniversary Trip // Peacock Suites TR | OCTOBER 2012 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | OCTOBER 2013 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal // Royal Pacific PTR/TR | MAY 2014 // Wilderness Lodge Adventures at 40"! May 2014 TR
khertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 08:13 PM   #245
Joyciemc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by khertz View Post
In the spirit of this year's promotion, One More Disney Day! Hoping to convince my husband of the same thing for our October trip. 7 nights just isn't enough in my opinion. 8 is a nice round number.
Disney really knew what they were doing with this 'One More Day' thing!
Old 01-19-2012, 08:28 PM   #246
Joyciemc
DIS Veteran

It's sooper-dooper official! We added a day at Bay Lake Towers! We also learned that October availability at Boardwalk Villas is already pretty limited, and our 7 month window isn't until March! Soooo... it is looking more and more like we'll be staying at BLT. And I am excited We'll still try to switch, because it would be less points and Hilde & Sebastian really want to stay at BWV.

We've been trying to figure out what the budget will be for each couple, and Ben did a good job adding up all the costs. When the four of us get together, we eat and drink a lot. Like, it's gross. (Just wait till you read the TR!)
We will be getting some groceries- mostly breakfast stuff maybe a enough for two lunches in our room. The vast majority of our meals will be ADRs, though, and we budgeted to allow for that. Once again, we'll probably buy some beer and liquor for the room so we don't have to spend $15 for a drink at the bar every time!
With the tours and extras we are doing, the cost of this trip is pretty high, considering that the hotel is already paid for with our DVC! But it's going to be flippin' awesome and completely worth it

As for planning, the list gets longer:Ben wants to try breakfast at Crystal Palace, which I am totally up for. I love me some breakfast food! I'm not a huge fan of the Pooh characters, but it will be fun to do a character meal with the four of us. We're just waiting to hear back from Hilde & Sebastian on whether they'd like to do it.

Life in general continues to be nuts. The shower is next weekend, so I have been working on decor for that. I have tomorrow off, so I hope to rest up and get some work done for that.
This weekend, a friend is having a roller skating party for his birthday (no, we're not friends with a child- we are just super fun adults!), and I am sure I will spend a good chunk of that on my butt But hopefully it will be fun!
Old 01-19-2012, 10:44 PM   #247
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

How exciting to add a day! Getting a budget in place is so smart. I knew almost to the penny how much to take this trip and it made for a lot less stress.

have fun this weekend at the birthday party
annmarieda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 06:28 AM   #248
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

Yay for your extra day!!! There's definitely no such thing as too many Disney days!!
Stringbean&Wingnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 10:09 AM   #249
amyrella
Mouseketeer

Yay an extra day!!! I hope you can get BWV when the window opens up! I would live to stay there someday, maybe next time I'll think about renting points so this way I can afford it.

Have fun roller skating! I think it's been like 15-20 years since I've been... What a good time!
amyrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 10:45 AM   #250
jenny105
DIS Veteran

Yay for being officially official!

Have fun at your skating party! My nephew had one a few months ago - lots of fun but I was sore the next day!

Me DBf Kris Mitzu
Sept 2015 ASMu ~ August 2013 GF ~ Oct 2012 AKL ~ April 2011 DL Paradise Pier ~ Oct 2010 POP ~ Sept 2009 WL/DCL/BCV ~ Nov 2008 RPR Universal ~ Jan 2008 POP ~ April 2007 POP ~ Jan 2006 POP
jenny105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 11:13 AM   #251
Joyciemc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by annmarieda View Post
How exciting to add a day! Getting a budget in place is so smart. I knew almost to the penny how much to take this trip and it made for a lot less stress.

have fun this weekend at the birthday party
We wanted to make sure that our friends were on the same page with us as far as money spent! They've been to WDW before, but never officially stayed on property (the closest they got was the Dolphin) and ate very few table service meals because they never made ADRs. I didn't want them to be sticker-shocked! The good news is they are completely on board with saving up now instead of scrimping on the trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
Yay for your extra day!!! There's definitely no such thing as too many Disney days!!
It's true! My tip in my is only 4 nights, by far the shortest I have ever taken and I'm already worried about how quickly it will be over

Quote:
Originally Posted by amyrella View Post
Yay an extra day!!! I hope you can get BWV when the window opens up! I would live to stay there someday, maybe next time I'll think about renting points so this way I can afford it.

Have fun roller skating! I think it's been like 15-20 years since I've been... What a good time!
I would like to stay at BWV, since it is beautiful and has an awesome location! But the more I think about BLT, the more I hope we stay there. It has a pretty convenient location, too. And it's our home resort, but we've never stayed there before!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenny105 View Post
Yay for being officially official!

Have fun at your skating party! My nephew had one a few months ago - lots of fun but I was sore the next day!
Thanks! I was never a good skater, and I am sure the years have not made me better! But if nothing else, it will be fun!
Old 01-20-2012, 12:59 PM   #252
Joyciemc
DIS Veteran

Operation: Add a Breakfast continues!

Crystal Palace is not exactly out, but no one is head over heels excited for a character meal. Ben suggested Boma as another option, which might be nice to do late morning on the day we were planning on resort bar hopping. As an added bonus, DVC members and guests staying on points are allowed to pool hop (*gasp*, *shock*). Some exceptions apply; basically we can't go to the SUPER cool pools like Storm Along Bay. So we're going to have a swim/drink/explore adventure!

I added Chef Mickey's as a possible breakfast option, since it will be convenient to BLT, and if we have to eat with characters these would be the ones I'd want! This all sounds like a lot of nonsense to be worried about now, but it would be nice to have it all squared away before our ADR window in April.
Old 01-21-2012, 04:44 PM   #253
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

As far as character breakfasts go, CP is a good one. So is Akershus... never been to Chef Mickey.

Pool hopping sounds fun.
annmarieda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 06:04 PM   #254
SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE
DIS Veteran

Yay for your extra day being official! I am so jealous that you get to pool hop! Your plan for checking out the different pools sounds like fun. I can not wait for the TR for this trip!
SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 03:09 PM   #255
jenny105
DIS Veteran

What's the point of being able to pool hop if you can't go to the best pool in all of WDW?? What pools are you planning on checking out?

Me DBf Kris Mitzu
Sept 2015 ASMu ~ August 2013 GF ~ Oct 2012 AKL ~ April 2011 DL Paradise Pier ~ Oct 2010 POP ~ Sept 2009 WL/DCL/BCV ~ Nov 2008 RPR Universal ~ Jan 2008 POP ~ April 2007 POP ~ Jan 2006 POP
jenny105 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: