Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-08-2012, 07:28 PM   #226
oceanwave
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyciemc View Post

Welcome! Very glad to have you reading along

Are you writing a PTR for your trip?

Nope don't have a PTR, need to pluck up the courage to write one Maybe I'll write one when we actually book our trip. Just hoping/waiting for a room discount or free dining.

September 2012 - POFQ
September 2011 - Coronado Springs

Sep/Oct PTR
oceanwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 09:05 PM   #227
Joyciemc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceanwave View Post
Nope don't have a PTR, need to pluck up the courage to write one Maybe I'll write one when we actually book our trip. Just hoping/waiting for a room discount or free dining.
Once you have a trip booked, it's fun to write a PTR just to chat about your plans!

I hope the discounts come out soon for you!!
Joyciemc is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-15-2012, 12:06 AM   #228
Joyciemc
DIS Veteran

I just realized I never finished posting my plans for my May trip. I can't just leave it hanging, can I?

Well... I don't really know what we are doing that day! Our flight home leaves at 8pm, and we'll both have APs, so I am sure we'll visit a park. I think it will just depend on where we feel like we want more time. I sorta like the idea of leaving it open. Of course, I am itching to make an ADR for lunch... but I just can't decide where, so for now I am just leaving it open.

Now that we have flight info, Day 1 plans changed a little. We are arriving in Orlando at 9:45, and plan to head right to AK. We'll have been up super early, but I know adrenaline will keep me from sleeping quite yet. I moved our Boma dinner up so that it is really early, with the idea that we can take a nap afterwards. If we do, then we really might make EMH at MK that night. But then again, I might just sleep straight through to the next day at that point!

Old 01-15-2012, 08:01 AM   #229
amazingact21
Upendi

I know it's a little late, but I'm joining in! Your October trip sounds like so much fun...and whether or not you stay at BLT or BV, both are beautiful resorts. I'm sure you'll love your "temporary home" no matter which one you decide on.

Love that you're going on a trip in May with an old friend. I'm going to be there during that time, as well, and it's such a great time to go. Low crowds, decent weather, and not a lot of kids around.

Plus, your Puerto Rico trip next month sounds like fun! To be sitting on a nice warm beach while everyone else you know is freezing....
1998 DoubleTree /2003 Offsite /2003 Offsite /2004 Offsite /2004 Offsite /2010 Shades of Green/2011 All Star Sports/2011 Disney Magic/Pop/2012 ASSp/2012 ASMo/2012 Day Trip/2013 Pop/2014 Animal Kingdom Lodge

Current Reports: Why, My Little Guppy Has Groupies!- A December 2013 TR
Past Reports:December 2013 PTR/May 2012 TR/May 2012 PTR /May 2011 TR /December 2010 TR
amazingact21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 05:49 PM   #230
Joyciemc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazingact21 View Post
I know it's a little late, but I'm joining in! Your October trip sounds like so much fun...and whether or not you stay at BLT or BV, both are beautiful resorts. I'm sure you'll love your "temporary home" no matter which one you decide on.

Love that you're going on a trip in May with an old friend. I'm going to be there during that time, as well, and it's such a great time to go. Low crowds, decent weather, and not a lot of kids around.

Plus, your Puerto Rico trip next month sounds like fun! To be sitting on a nice warm beach while everyone else you know is freezing....
You're not late! There's still 9 months till October

Thanks for joining in!
Old 01-15-2012, 09:31 PM   #231
Joyciemc
DIS Veteran

I've had a super lazy day (though I did take a break from my laziness for my daily P90X workout!) of watching football and poking around online. That resulted in my reading trip reports, and a bunch of other Disney related stuff.
So I have my October trip planning Word document open and I am looking at the *must dos*. It looks like this:
Keys to Kingdom (all)
Segway Tour (B&J)
Behind the Seeds (E&J)
Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party (all)
Water Park (E&J)
Hoop Dee Doo Revue (all)
Ft. Wilderness Haunted Carriage Ride (all) Book 180 days out
Resort Bar Crawl (Crew Cup Lounge, Gurgling Suitcase, Tambu Lounge, Belle Vue Lounge, Martha's Vneyard Lounge, etc)
Jelly Rolls (all)
Yee Haw Bob's show (all)
Food & Wine as much as possible (all)

In addition to that, there are no less that 8 *must do* ADRs. We are going for 7 days.
I have managed to cobble together a plan that accommodates all of this, but there is no room for relaxing, or plain-old 'let's see what happens' time. In short, I am freaking out.

If you've read any of my previous PTRs, you'll probably guess where this is going...
On Tuesday, Ben will call to see if we can add an extra day. It'll mean we need to borrow more points, but park tickets won't change much and we haven't bought airfare. Hilde already gave the okay (no arm twisting was needed- she is just as excited about this as I am!) on behalf of her and Sebastian. So fingers crossed, I'll get an extra 12 hours or so to work with. Doesn't sound like much, but I think having one more night will help quite a bit!
Old 01-16-2012, 12:56 AM   #232
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

One more day!!
annmarieda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 08:47 AM   #233
AKL LOVER
Are we there yet??

One more day or night in Disney is ALWAYS a good thing!

We're doing a Monday to Monday this year which is the longest we've ever gone. DH has been resistant to going for that long because he thinks it would be too much and too stressful to be at Disney that long. But I slipped it in there this time. He just realized it this week when he submitted his vacation days at work. I told him that if he wanted more time to spend at the pool that we definitely needed to extend by a couple of days so we could get some more park time in too. He seemed ok with that. Besides, I went with those days because we got really cheap airline tickets. I think he's coming around. I'm just glad to get some extra days!
AKL LOVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 09:32 AM   #234
SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE
DIS Veteran

Sounds like an action packed trip for sure! I think 12 more hours will definitely be a good thing! As I was reading your update, the first thing that popped into my mind was "one more Disney day"!
SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 09:48 AM   #235
klacey1
DIS Veteran

Yay for another day! That is a lot to pack into seven days-- especially so many tours! At least the resort bar crawl will provide some relaxing time!
klacey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 03:03 PM   #236
amyrella
Mouseketeer

Super late but caught up. I was browsing the boards so I could live vicariously through total strangers until I get to go again and stumbled upon you PTR. Ive always enjoyed reading your PTRs and TRs.

So here I am yet again living vicariously through another... And I say add a day!!!
amyrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 06:02 PM   #237
oboedm
DIS Veteran

Subbing! Super excited about all your fun plans this year. Your TRs are definitely entertaining!
oboedm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 06:28 PM   #238
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

You have to go to a park on your last day since your flight home is so late!

Yay for another day in October! I always do that too, but I think with our one trip this year, I'm just going to stick with the days I have. I figure 8 should be enough this year, we did 10 last year and Brandon was ready to die at the end of the trip.

How is P90X going? You must be really in shape already if you can do that every day!

You're doing so many tours in October! I want to do one, but I'm not sure which one, I kind of want to do the Segway tour in Epcot, but I'm afraid I'll fall off and die or something. I'm glad your doing the Haunted Carriage Ride, it's so much fun!

NEW December 2013 TR, In Progress!

My TR's/PTR's~2/13 TR~11/12 TR!~11/12 PTR!~5/12 TR!~5/12 PTR!~12/11 TR!~10/11 TR!~10/11 PTR!~11/10 TR!~11/10 PTR!~Disneymoon TR 5/10!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Nermel9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 11:24 AM   #239
jenny105
DIS Veteran

I'm adding a day too! It's cheaper to fly home the next day and I'd rather spend money having fun than flying home a day early!

Me DBf Kris Mitzu
Sept 2015 ASMu ~ August 2013 GF ~ Oct 2012 AKL ~ April 2011 DL Paradise Pier ~ Oct 2010 POP ~ Sept 2009 WL/DCL/BCV ~ Nov 2008 RPR Universal ~ Jan 2008 POP ~ April 2007 POP ~ Jan 2006 POP
jenny105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 12:18 PM   #240
Imagineer5
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyciemc View Post
I've had a super lazy day (though I did take a break from my laziness for my daily P90X workout!) of watching football and poking around online. That resulted in my reading trip reports, and a bunch of other Disney related stuff.
So I have my October trip planning Word document open and I am looking at the *must dos*. It looks like this:
Keys to Kingdom (all)
Segway Tour (B&J)
Behind the Seeds (E&J)
Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party (all)
Water Park (E&J)
Hoop Dee Doo Revue (all)
Ft. Wilderness Haunted Carriage Ride (all) Book 180 days out
Resort Bar Crawl (Crew Cup Lounge, Gurgling Suitcase, Tambu Lounge, Belle Vue Lounge, Martha's Vneyard Lounge, etc)
Jelly Rolls (all)
Yee Haw Bob's show (all)
Food & Wine as much as possible (all)

In addition to that, there are no less that 8 *must do* ADRs. We are going for 7 days.
I have managed to cobble together a plan that accommodates all of this, but there is no room for relaxing, or plain-old 'let's see what happens' time. In short, I am freaking out.

If you've read any of my previous PTRs, you'll probably guess where this is going...
On Tuesday, Ben will call to see if we can add an extra day. It'll mean we need to borrow more points, but park tickets won't change much and we haven't bought airfare. Hilde already gave the okay (no arm twisting was needed- she is just as excited about this as I am!) on behalf of her and Sebastian. So fingers crossed, I'll get an extra 12 hours or so to work with. Doesn't sound like much, but I think having one more night will help quite a bit!

Yay for 1 more day!! hahaha. Looks like we all assume you'll be doing it. I added 3 days to my 1-week vaca and don't even remember ever planning to only go for a week!

I'm so jealous of your KTTK tour!! That's going to be so great. Which Segway tour are you doing? We did both, first the one at EPCOT in 2007 and then the Fort Wilderness one in 2010. Loved them both so much!

The behind the seeds tour also looks like fun (and it's nice it is cheap!). We might do that too, I think they allow babies...hmmm...

What's the gurgling suitcase??

And the Yee Haw Bob's show??

Can't wait to read more!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: