Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-05-2012, 01:14 PM   #211
jenny105
DIS Veteran
 
jenny105's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: NJ
Posts: 8,801

Those are some awesome shades.

Wow! You have plenty to keep you busy until October!
__________________

Me DBf Kris Mitzu
Sept 2015 ASMu ~ August 2013 GF ~ Oct 2012 AKL ~ April 2011 DL Paradise Pier ~ Oct 2010 POP ~ Sept 2009 WL/DCL/BCV ~ Nov 2008 RPR Universal ~ Jan 2008 POP ~ April 2007 POP ~ Jan 2006 POP
jenny105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 03:32 PM   #212
annmarieda
DIS Veteran
 
annmarieda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Washington State
Posts: 8,485

The lamp makes me giggle. I gave one like that as a gift once...

And all your plans... the trips... AWESOME. I envy you being able to go with friend. (even if they all can not commit so far out) Just last night I was thinking about planning a trip for April and I thought...that really is a bit soon... maybe I should think NEXT April. I used to be able to plan a trip in a short time. Now after planning the last one for a year.. it just seems like that is the best way.
annmarieda is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 01-05-2012, 05:29 PM   #213
Nermel9
DIS Veteran
 
Nermel9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 6,654

Looks like you had a fun Christmas! Those sunglasses are so cute! Well, on a cat, anyway!

Wow you're going to be busy this year, time is going to fly for you, and pretty soon your October trip will be here!

I'm impressed you're doing P90X...Brandon has it, and he made it through like, 3 days before giving up, it's crazy! I really need to start the Couch to 5K again, I need to lose some weight before I go back to WDW!
__________________
My TR's/PTR's~12/13 TR~2/13 TR~11/12 TR!~11/12 PTR!~5/12 TR!~5/12 PTR!~12/11 TR!~10/11 TR!~10/11 PTR!~11/10 TR!~11/10 PTR!~Disneymoon TR 5/10!


Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Nermel9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 05:58 PM   #214
Joyciemc
DIS Veteran
 
Joyciemc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Quincy, MA
Posts: 2,687

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
Those are pretty awesome sunglasses! They look great on Jake!

You definitely have some busy months ahead of you! But that'll make your trip come even sooner!!
The sunglasses look pretty good on people, too! They are hilarious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenny105 View Post
Those are some awesome shades.

Wow! You have plenty to keep you busy until October!
Yeah, I am freaking out a little thinking about it all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by annmarieda View Post
The lamp makes me giggle. I gave one like that as a gift once...

And all your plans... the trips... AWESOME. I envy you being able to go with friend. (even if they all can not commit so far out) Just last night I was thinking about planning a trip for April and I thought...that really is a bit soon... maybe I should think NEXT April. I used to be able to plan a trip in a short time. Now after planning the last one for a year.. it just seems like that is the best way.
I never in a million years would have thought we'd be lucky enough to take so many trips to WDW. Traveling is definitely a priority for Ben and I, though, and now that he has become as into Disney as I am- watch out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
Looks like you had a fun Christmas! Those sunglasses are so cute! Well, on a cat, anyway!

Wow you're going to be busy this year, time is going to fly for you, and pretty soon your October trip will be here!

I'm impressed you're doing P90X...Brandon has it, and he made it through like, 3 days before giving up, it's crazy! I really need to start the Couch to 5K again, I need to lose some weight before I go back to WDW!
Yup, October is going to sneak up real quick, I think!

I'm about to go do day 2 of P90X, we'll see what happens! I did have to modify some things (I am way too weak to do a real push up at this point!), but it was a good workout and the time went by quick. Hope I see some results fairly quickly, that will help me stick with it!
Joyciemc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 06:04 PM   #215
Joyciemc
DIS Veteran
 
Joyciemc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Quincy, MA
Posts: 2,687

Breaking news! Mark texted me today that he found a Southwest flight for $229. That still sounds like a lot to me, but the same flight was $260 a week ago. And with SW, if the price goes down you can just book it at the lower fare. Nothing beats their cancellation policy! And I am determined to check in for our flight early this time!
So we have tickets booked!!

We leave Hartford at 6am and get to Orlando around 9am. I am really excited to be getting in so early, but now I know we absolutely will need to take a nap. And late night EMH at MK is less and less likely.
So my trip will start early-ish on Saturday by driving out to western Mass to hang out with Mark and go to sleep as early as we can manage.

While talking to Mark today, I also realized that I had no idea what park ticket he was planning on. I assumed he'd have a hopper when I made my plans! The good news is that he got an AP when he went on a trip this past fall, so plans work as is. Phew!
Joyciemc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 06:21 PM   #216
ronnmel
DIS Veteran
 
ronnmel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: QC, Canada
Posts: 3,717

It's so exciting that you have several trips planned /almost planned!
ronnmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 09:39 PM   #217
klacey1
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 4,804

Love the sunglasses! Poor Jake-- I hope you can get some of that weight off him!!
Your holidays sound like a blast-- we also partook in some Twilight Zone before going out!
You definitely do have a lot coming up soon! Augh, I hate when people don't RSVP. Also hate trying to coordinate an event with others-- it always ends up that people are non-responsive and yet insulted that you don't include them . That's why I like to just do things myself...
Boardwalk or BLT-- you can't go wrong! Yay for ANOTHER WDW trip!
klacey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 08:15 AM   #218
Imagineer5
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: MA
Posts: 1,977

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyciemc View Post
Holy cow, it's 2012!! I cannot believe how quickly time is going by. My past few weeks have been insane, with Christmas and New Year's.
I figure a little life update to cover the past few weeks I've been MIA is in order:

Our Christmas Eve bar crawl was a lot of fun




Before heading out, my friends exchanged gifts... which we've never really done before but without even discussing it, we all bought for each other. And we ended up with some great stuff!
I got a miniature version of the leg lamp from a Christmas Story!


One of our friends got this super-cool pair of sunglasses, which Jake is modeling here.

Side note: Jake is a morbidly obese cat that I am fostering in hopes of getting some of that weight off of him. He's pretty awesome, but can't move very well because he is so big. We're working on it!

Christmas was fairly low-key, and I had to work in the afternoon. Some of my awesome friends came with us and helped walk the dogs, so we were done pretty quickly.

New Year's Eve was a party at our house. Lots of Twilight Zone, beers, and fun! We had a blast! Mark was there, as were Hilde and Sebastian, so there was quite a bit of WDW talk. This all made me super-super excited for both of my upcoming trips!

Now that the holidays are over, though- I am freaking out a bit.
My best friend is getting married in March, and her shower is in 3 weeks at my house Only a tiny portion of people have RSVP'ed, so I have no clue who to expect. And coordinating with the other bridesmaids has been a big pain. They won't answer emails sometimes, and I just have to make decisions and hope for the best. But then I get a call from the bride's sister freaking out because I didn't answer her email immediately (hello, it was New Year's- I was busy!). Drama I am not at all used to!

Then there is our February trip to Puerto Rico. And it seems we finally have a plan, of sorts. At least a house rented. I plan on spending every day at the beach, so that's easy enough.
In preparation for this trip, I realized that I need to seriously start doing something about the weight I've gained in the past few months. I don't fit in a lot of my clothes, so there is no way I will fit in my bathing suits!
Enter P90X! I did the first day yesterday, and I am sore! But in a good way, I think I'll be able to stick with it...

The wedding is in March, and that is the last of the craziness, I hope! By then it will be almost time for WDW in May!

I still don't have a flight, because they are just so expensive! Mark wants to wait till the trip is closer to see if flights go down, but I want it settled. We'll see what happens!

For the big trip in October, the next big event will be in 2 months when we can try to switch our booking to the Boardwalk. Hilde and I were talking and while we'd like switch, she is very excited about staying at Bay Lake Towers if we can't. We also agreed that a split stay would be an option, if that's how the availability works out.

AND.... in other news... I think there will be a 3rd trip squeezed out of the AP I plan on getting! Ben and I tossed around the idea of a trip to St.Lucia next year, and asking our friends to see if anyone would like to go. But then Ben realized that it would make a lot more sense financially to take another WDW trip while I still had the AP, and do a non-Disney trip after that.
Right after we had this talk, Ben immediately sent an email out to our group of friends asking them if they are interested. I guess it's safe to say Ben is officially addicted to WDW.
Because 'normal' people don't plan vacations over a year out (bizarre, I know!), no one is able to commit yet but they seem interested. So we'll see!
Happy 2012!! So glad you had fun on your bar crawl! Cute gifts too, and how sweet of you to foster the kitty to get his weight down! Do you work at an animal shelter?? I bet that is really rewarding, but difficult at times. Animals are definitely my passion (though you'd never know it - I'm an engineer). My dream is to win the lottery and use the $$ to open a shelter like the one featured in the show Dog Town. Ahh that'd be so amazing

You officially suck!! Ok not really. But I'm totally jealous! Another Disney trip! When are you thinking? sometime early 2013? See, I just need a reason to get an AP, and then my DH will be doing stuff like that too, right?? well, maybe not. But that's awesome, I'm so happy for you! Boardwalk in October would be really nice, too, for the F&W! We stayed at the BCV last time in October and just LOVED the proximity. We're looking forward to BLT this time though. Good luck trying to switch!

Hmm good restaurants in the Providence area...well I am always looking for Groupons to try new places. We have enjoyed Bacaro (tapas), plus just about every restaurant we've been to on Atwells (Providence Oyster Bar comes to mind as fantastic).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyciemc View Post
Breaking news! Mark texted me today that he found a Southwest flight for $229. That still sounds like a lot to me, but the same flight was $260 a week ago. And with SW, if the price goes down you can just book it at the lower fare. Nothing beats their cancellation policy! And I am determined to check in for our flight early this time!
So we have tickets booked!!

We leave Hartford at 6am and get to Orlando around 9am. I am really excited to be getting in so early, but now I know we absolutely will need to take a nap. And late night EMH at MK is less and less likely.
So my trip will start early-ish on Saturday by driving out to western Mass to hang out with Mark and go to sleep as early as we can manage.

While talking to Mark today, I also realized that I had no idea what park ticket he was planning on. I assumed he'd have a hopper when I made my plans! The good news is that he got an AP when he went on a trip this past fall, so plans work as is. Phew!
Congrats on the tickets being booked!! That's awesome! Where will you fly out of in October? At least the flight will get you there early, and Hartford is a small airport so you don't have to get there too early. So wait, lemme get this straight - your May trip is practically free (minus the airfare) with your AP and Mark's DVC? That's just amazing! LOL. How'd you pull that off?? Oh, and you might just get some extra energy to at least enjoy some of the MK EMH, even if you don't close out the park!


Good luck with the bridal shower planning, trip to PR planning, and wedding planning! Man a busy couple of months ahead! What a fun 2012 for ya!
__________________
Imagineer5 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 04:39 PM   #219
annmarieda
DIS Veteran
 
annmarieda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Washington State
Posts: 8,485

Yay for having the flight booked!!!
annmarieda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 07:08 PM   #220
Joyciemc
DIS Veteran
 
Joyciemc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Quincy, MA
Posts: 2,687

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnmel View Post
It's so exciting that you have several trips planned /almost planned!
I seriously can't believe it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by klacey1 View Post
Love the sunglasses! Poor Jake-- I hope you can get some of that weight off him!!
Your holidays sound like a blast-- we also partook in some Twilight Zone before going out!
You definitely do have a lot coming up soon! Augh, I hate when people don't RSVP. Also hate trying to coordinate an event with others-- it always ends up that people are non-responsive and yet insulted that you don't include them . That's why I like to just do things myself...
Boardwalk or BLT-- you can't go wrong! Yay for ANOTHER WDW trip!
Jake is more mobile than he used to be, but he still weighs the same. I hate to cut back his food even more- he gets so little!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imagineer5 View Post
Happy 2012!! So glad you had fun on your bar crawl! Cute gifts too, and how sweet of you to foster the kitty to get his weight down! Do you work at an animal shelter?? I bet that is really rewarding, but difficult at times. Animals are definitely my passion (though you'd never know it - I'm an engineer). My dream is to win the lottery and use the $$ to open a shelter like the one featured in the show Dog Town. Ahh that'd be so amazing

You officially suck!! Ok not really. But I'm totally jealous! Another Disney trip! When are you thinking? sometime early 2013? See, I just need a reason to get an AP, and then my DH will be doing stuff like that too, right?? well, maybe not. But that's awesome, I'm so happy for you! Boardwalk in October would be really nice, too, for the F&W! We stayed at the BCV last time in October and just LOVED the proximity. We're looking forward to BLT this time though. Good luck trying to switch!

Hmm good restaurants in the Providence area...well I am always looking for Groupons to try new places. We have enjoyed Bacaro (tapas), plus just about every restaurant we've been to on Atwells (Providence Oyster Bar comes to mind as fantastic).
Congrats on the tickets being booked!! That's awesome! Where will you fly out of in October? At least the flight will get you there early, and Hartford is a small airport so you don't have to get there too early. So wait, lemme get this straight - your May trip is practically free (minus the airfare) with your AP and Mark's DVC? That's just amazing! LOL. How'd you pull that off?? Oh, and you might just get some extra energy to at least enjoy some of the MK EMH, even if you don't close out the park!

Good luck with the bridal shower planning, trip to PR planning, and wedding planning! Man a busy couple of months ahead! What a fun 2012 for ya!
Yep, I work at an animal shelter in Brockton. It is rewarding, but also frustrating and tiring! Sure does make the days go by quickly, though!

you're right- I do suck! Honestly, I never would have thought I'd get to go so often... the stars aligned perfectly this year! It doesn't hurt that DH has become just as addicted as I am.
The May trip is sorta free- I'm going to pay for Mark's food to make up the difference in him using his points.

In October we will probably fly out of Providence. We really like Southwest (free bags and AWESOME cancellation policy), and they don't have direct Orlando flights from Boston. We may stay in Pawtucket over night if our friends haven't moved yet (the offer they had accepted on a house fell through, so they are still looking)

Quote:
Originally Posted by annmarieda View Post
Yay for having the flight booked!!!
I know! It is a load off- and with great times. It's a short trip, so I wanted arrival and departure days to be able to be park days!
Joyciemc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 11:21 AM   #221
AKL LOVER
Are we there yet??
 
AKL LOVER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Virginia
Posts: 979

I'm secretly hoping that once I get my AP in April that we'll make it back for a 3rd trip before it expires. But mums the word on that idea just yet!

Glad to hear how your plans are progressing for your May trip! I'm also looking at over $200 for airfare for my April trip, so don't feel too bad (and I'm coming from a lot further south than you!). Still haven't booked yet b/c I am hoping prices might come down a little closer to the $200 mark like yours, but we'll see. Right now they are sitting at $270
AKL LOVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 01:07 PM   #222
SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE
DIS Veteran
 
SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 2,468

It sounds like your holidays were so much fun! I'm glad to hear that Ben is officially addicted, and that you're thinking about another trip! I hope your friends will all get to go. A big group trip sounds like fun!
SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 01:28 PM   #223
oceanwave
Mouseketeer
 
oceanwave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 193

Hi!

Joining your thread, if that's okay?

I'm planning on going in September or October time if everything goes according to plan! So it will be great to read along with you since we have similar time lines

And a for your May trip and a possible 3rd trip!
__________________
ME DH

September 2012 - POFQ
September 2011 - Coronado Springs

Sep/Oct PTR
oceanwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 05:13 PM   #224
Joyciemc
DIS Veteran
 
Joyciemc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Quincy, MA
Posts: 2,687

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKL LOVER View Post
I'm secretly hoping that once I get my AP in April that we'll make it back for a 3rd trip before it expires. But mums the word on that idea just yet!

Glad to hear how your plans are progressing for your May trip! I'm also looking at over $200 for airfare for my April trip, so don't feel too bad (and I'm coming from a lot further south than you!). Still haven't booked yet b/c I am hoping prices might come down a little closer to the $200 mark like yours, but we'll see. Right now they are sitting at $270
That's what APs do... cause more trips!

My brain still thinks of airfare in terms of early 2000's prices. I keep remembering flying roundtrip for well under $200, and it makes it so hard to pay these prices!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE View Post
It sounds like your holidays were so much fun! I'm glad to hear that Ben is officially addicted, and that you're thinking about another trip! I hope your friends will all get to go. A big group trip sounds like fun!
I hope they can go, too! We've given them till October to decide, since that will be when we can book a DVC resort for an April trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceanwave View Post
Hi!

Joining your thread, if that's okay?

I'm planning on going in September or October time if everything goes according to plan! So it will be great to read along with you since we have similar time lines

And a for your May trip and a possible 3rd trip!
Welcome! Very glad to have you reading along

Are you writing a PTR for your trip?
Joyciemc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 07:53 AM   #225
merbobear
DIS Veteran
 
merbobear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Albany, NY
Posts: 945

It's so cool that you are fostering Jake to get him back to a healthy weight! A friend of my mom's also fosters cats, but she takes in pregnant cats and keeps them until they give birth and all of the kittens are adopted out to families...it's a a huge undertaking to foster a pet. I just wanted to recognize the amazing thing you are doing for Jake! I hope his weight loss comes easy for him and he is healthy soon.
__________________
| August 1997 - Offsite | May 9-17, 2011 - POP Century | May 7-15, 2012 - Old Key West | May 10-19, 2012 - POP Century | May 9-18, 2014 - POP Century |




merbobear is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:14 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.