Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-05-2011, 12:49 PM   #151
tankgirl427
DIS Veteran

Joyce - I had the same problem for the January trip. But since my cousin would have to have someone drive her out and then pick her up and drive her back I decided flying out of Bradley would be easier. RT flights were about $215 similar to BOS, but I had recently gotten a SW Credit Card with those 50,000 miles and I coudl book us non stop fares that should be $99 each way and use the free miles and pay only $10 for our flights!

I think looking at departing and returning times along with whoever drives to the others place and having work the next day should be figured into the equation. Did I spell that right?

"You held me down, but I got up, Get ready cause I’ve had enough."

PHM 2015-In Pursuit of Cupcakes While Running in Glass Slippers

Pre 2006 doesn't count, 2006: Dolphin, 2006: 16 hours of MK & EP, 2009: DL, 2010: PC with DDP, 2011: Off-site with friends & PC, 2012: AKL & BLT, POFQ, 2013: POP, POP, DL, POP
tankgirl427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 01:40 PM   #152
Imagineer5
DIS Veteran

Hi fellow October 2012'er!! Looks like you have some fantastic plans!! We are going Oct 4-14th and also staying at BLT for a portion of the stay - it'll be our first time there (but we're renting points, haven't convinced DH to buy into DVC yet!). Also, we live in MA too!

It's going to be our first trip as parents (I'm due in Feb!) so looking into various "extra" things to do besides the parks. Thanks for the idea on the carriage ride - I'd forgotten about that and that could def be fun! Possibly HDDR too!
Register to remove

Old 12-05-2011, 03:09 PM   #153
klacey1
DIS Veteran

Your tree looks great! Augh, I would not be comfortable a) not being the one to plan the Puerto Rico trip b) not having at least a loose idea of the trip plan/details. I'm sure you'll have a fabulous time! So jealous you'll be escaping somewhere WARM in the middle of winter!
klacey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 04:52 PM   #154
SoNotAPrincess
Disney Diva

Your tree is lovely!

You're right about the Dis...it's been way wonky! Ugh. I'll post a reply on my PTR and go back later and find a post that came in BEFORE the one I replied to that wasn't there. And it's terminally slow, too. I've been spending considerable time glaring at the screen! And yet I keep coming back.
Old 12-05-2011, 06:27 PM   #155
smile4stamps
DIS Veteran

Location: Still in CA for work but my home and heart is in Colorado!

I'm joining in!! I'm also looking at an October 2012 trip. Hubby has said we can go (with a few stipulations!). Looking at Oct 12-?? (as long as possible in my mind!)

I believe I've also read part of your other TR's!! I'm not sure how I had found them but I know I've read at least a portion!!

Can't wait to read more about your plans!
smile4stamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 07:12 PM   #156
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

The Dis has been finicky for me too! Hopefully it gets better soon!

Your tree looks great! And any holiday tradition involving a Jim Henson movie sounds like a great one!
Stringbean&Wingnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 08:16 PM   #157
smile4stamps
DIS Veteran

Oh I forgot to post! I love your list of things to do! I may steal a couple!

The idea of the Carriage ride sounds wonderful! We will for sure be going back to the Hoop Dee Doo! It's awesome!

I'd love to do a Segway but it's not possible for us due to the weight limitations.
Old 12-06-2011, 07:34 PM   #159
Joyciemc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tankgirl427 View Post
Joyce - I had the same problem for the January trip. But since my cousin would have to have someone drive her out and then pick her up and drive her back I decided flying out of Bradley would be easier. RT flights were about $215 similar to BOS, but I had recently gotten a SW Credit Card with those 50,000 miles and I coudl book us non stop fares that should be $99 each way and use the free miles and pay only $10 for our flights!

I think looking at departing and returning times along with whoever drives to the others place and having work the next day should be figured into the equation. Did I spell that right?
I think I'll be driving out there to fly out of Bradley. But flights right now are almost $300!! I hope they come down...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imagineer5 View Post
Hi fellow October 2012'er!! Looks like you have some fantastic plans!! We are going Oct 4-14th and also staying at BLT for a portion of the stay - it'll be our first time there (but we're renting points, haven't convinced DH to buy into DVC yet!). Also, we live in MA too!

It's going to be our first trip as parents (I'm due in Feb!) so looking into various "extra" things to do besides the parks. Thanks for the idea on the carriage ride - I'd forgotten about that and that could def be fun! Possibly HDDR too!
Thanks for reading!! You're going to have so much fun showing everything to your daughter!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by klacey1 View Post
Your tree looks great! Augh, I would not be comfortable a) not being the one to plan the Puerto Rico trip b) not having at least a loose idea of the trip plan/details. I'm sure you'll have a fabulous time! So jealous you'll be escaping somewhere WARM in the middle of winter!
I love our tree!

I can't even feel like the PR trip is actually happening. Though I am sure it will all work out...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoNotAPrincess View Post
Your tree is lovely!

You're right about the Dis...it's been way wonky! Ugh. I'll post a reply on my PTR and go back later and find a post that came in BEFORE the one I replied to that wasn't there. And it's terminally slow, too. I've been spending considerable time glaring at the screen! And yet I keep coming back.
Thanks! It's a smaller tree than we usually have, but I love it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smile4stamps View Post
I'm joining in!! I'm also looking at an October 2012 trip. Hubby has said we can go (with a few stipulations!). Looking at Oct 12-?? (as long as possible in my mind!)

I believe I've also read part of your other TR's!! I'm not sure how I had found them but I know I've read at least a portion!!

Can't wait to read more about your plans!
Thanks for reading!!
We'll be there at the same time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
The Dis has been finicky for me too! Hopefully it gets better soon!

Your tree looks great! And any holiday tradition involving a Jim Henson movie sounds like a great one!
Thank you! My other traditional Christmas movie is Babes in Toyland. I've watched it every year since I can remember!

Quote:
Oh I forgot to post! I love your list of things to do! I may steal a couple!

The idea of the Carriage ride sounds wonderful! We will for sure be going back to the Hoop Dee Doo! It's awesome!

I'd love to do a Segway but it's not possible for us due to the weight limitations.
Steal away!

I just started reading your PTR, it's so much fun to plan along with other people!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnmel View Post
Very nice tree!
Thanks, Mel!
Joyciemc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 07:43 PM   #160
Joyciemc
DIS Veteran

At the risk of sounding like a bitter, angry person (not to mention a broken record)... this double post is due ONCE again to the fact that I can't sjut post normally. It is super annoying. Make it stop.

Ok, I feel better.
Old 12-06-2011, 10:26 PM   #161
Joyciemc
DIS Veteran

Anyone up for hearing about the plans for my May trip with Mark?

Day 1 will involve driving from his house to Bradley airport in Connecticut (most likely... there is still a chance Mark will drive out here and we'll fly out of Logan or Providence. Time will tell)

Either way, I insist on getting the earliest possible nonstop flight. That means we can get to Orlando nice and early!

Once we land, we can head to this lovely place to check in:

That's Old Key West! Mark has never stayed there, but on my last trip Ben & I were here for one night. I liked it a lot (especially once I got the hang of the order of the bus stops) and not just because the Gurgling Suitcase is pretty much the best pool bar ever:

I'm definitely looking forward to staying a bit longer here!

Once we are ready, we'll do something completely new for me....

Well, obviously we've been to Animal Kingdom before. But never as the first park of a trip! We'll spend the afternoon here, then head over to AKL for an early dinner at Boma.

Later, I will continue my ridiculous tradition of trying to make it to MK late EMH on arrival day. This really never works out well, yet I always try to make it work. There is the slight chance that my better judgement will prevail and we can just hang out with more of these:

That's a Turtle Crawl... a delicious drink served up at the Gurgling Suitcase at OKW. There are worse ways to spend an evening!
Old 12-07-2011, 01:06 AM   #162
smile4stamps
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyciemc View Post
Anyone up for hearing about the plans for my May trip with Mark?
Of course!! Share Away!!
Old 12-07-2011, 10:13 AM   #163
jenny105
DIS Veteran

Is that the pilot from ducktales?? He's in AK?? Never saw him!

OKW looks pretty. I've never stayed there. I've heard the rooms are the largest of the DVC resorts since that was the first one. And being a boat ride away from DTD never hurts.

Me DBf Kris Mitzu
Sept 2015 ASMu ~ August 2013 GF ~ Oct 2012 AKL ~ April 2011 DL Paradise Pier ~ Oct 2010 POP ~ Sept 2009 WL/DCL/BCV ~ Nov 2008 RPR Universal ~ Jan 2008 POP ~ April 2007 POP ~ Jan 2006 POP
jenny105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 06:38 PM   #164
Joyciemc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Of course!! Share Away!!
Thanks! Planning in the May trip is helping a lot with the countdown to October!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenny105 View Post
Is that the pilot from ducktales?? He's in AK?? Never saw him!

OKW looks pretty. I've never stayed there. I've heard the rooms are the largest of the DVC resorts since that was the first one. And being a boat ride away from DTD never hurts.
That picture with Launchpad was from 2006, so I'm not sure if he's still around or not!

The rooms at OKW are pretty big! It's a very pretty resort.
Old 12-07-2011, 07:14 PM   #165
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

The Gurgling Suitcase is pretty much the awesomest pool bar name ever . I've never been to AK at the start of a trip either, but that is a great segue to Boma! Evening EMH hardly ever work out for me either...(or morning EMH, for that matter...)
Stringbean&Wingnut is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: