Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-22-2011, 08:51 PM   #136
Joyciemc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enchanted88 View Post
haha I know what you mean!! This time, so far, DH and I have really been talking about plans together, which is different from our last trip! I basically just let him pick a couple of food places! haha I want him to love it like I do, and I figure the more he gets to plan the more he will enjoy and like it!
It's always fun when the DH starts to 'get it'!

Quote:
Originally Posted by debrapagliasotti View Post
Joining in on your PTR! Saw your link on the Oct 2012 post.
Welcome, thanks for reading! I just popped over to your PTR. It'll be fun to countdown the months together!
Joyciemc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 08:59 PM   #137
Joyciemc
DIS Veteran

Bad news is I had a crazy busy past few days. Good news is I lost track of time for a couple days. It was the first time that I saw my ticker and thought 'hey, that's not SOOOOO far away'

I worked all weekend, but Ben and I spent Friday night hanging out with the cool kids we're going to WDW with in October. Not only did we play an epic game of Monopoly (which I won by a LANDSLIDE!), but we also got to talk a bit about plans/restaurants and it was good to hear that Hilde and Sebastian are both super excited and also willing to trust me with planning. Neither of them have eaten at many WDW restaurants because they never made ADRs in the past. I gave them the run down of places I was considering and they liked my ideas.

I also got the definite go ahead for Hoop Dee Doo Revue. When I told them about the haunted carriage ride at Ft. Wilderness, Sebastian got very excited so it looks like that will probably be something we'll try to do.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-23-2011, 06:05 AM   #138
Tracy161
DIS Veteran

And before you know it, you'll be packing!!! That's the funny thing about time, no matter what, it eventually gets here... and lately it feels like it goes by in record speed anyway!
Tracy161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 08:22 AM   #139
jenny105
DIS Veteran

I wanna check out the Haunted Carriage ride too! One of my clients (I'm a TA) went this past October and really enjoyed it.

Me DBf Kris Mitzu
Sept 2015 ASMu ~ August 2013 GF ~ Oct 2012 AKL ~ April 2011 DL Paradise Pier ~ Oct 2010 POP ~ Sept 2009 WL/DCL/BCV ~ Nov 2008 RPR Universal ~ Jan 2008 POP ~ April 2007 POP ~ Jan 2006 POP
jenny105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 10:06 PM   #140
debrapagliasotti
DIS Veteran

Subbed to your PTR yesterday and finally got to read through it all tonight.

Your Halloween costumes were HILARIOUS!! I watch that show too, and I agree...its like a train wreck...its so bad, but you cant help but watch.

Congratulations on booking for BLT
Old 11-24-2011, 08:52 AM   #141
klacey1
DIS Veteran

Hoop de Do will be awesome-- sounds like it would really be fun with a group of people!
klacey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 09:56 AM   #142
SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE
DIS Veteran

I think the haunted carriage ride would be so much fun! And I agree, Hoop De Doo with a group sounds like a blast. In fact, that whole time of year seems like the perfect time to be going with friends.
SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 08:21 PM   #143
Joyciemc
DIS Veteran

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone! Hope it was an enjoyable holiday for all Ben and I had my parents, brother, and a couple of friends over to our house. We were supposed to head to his family in the evening, but they ended up being done with their Thanksgiving earlier than usual. So we got to stay home and relax.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracy161 View Post
And before you know it, you'll be packing!!! That's the funny thing about time, no matter what, it eventually gets here... and lately it feels like it goes by in record speed anyway!
It's true. I very well remember counting down to all my past trips, and looking back, they all ended up going by too quick!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenny105 View Post
I wanna check out the Haunted Carriage ride too! One of my clients (I'm a TA) went this past October and really enjoyed it.
I'm hoping to do it after the Hoop Dee Doo Revue, if timing works out right!

Quote:
Originally Posted by debrapagliasotti View Post
Subbed to your PTR yesterday and finally got to read through it all tonight.

Your Halloween costumes were HILARIOUS!! I watch that show too, and I agree...its like a train wreck...its so bad, but you cant help but watch.

Congratulations on booking for BLT
Haha, glad you liked the costumes! They were a lot of fun, but I spent WAY too much time on mine!

Quote:
Originally Posted by klacey1 View Post
Hoop de Do will be awesome-- sounds like it would really be fun with a group of people!
I can't wait to share it with our friends!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOUTHERNtinkerBELLE View Post
I think the haunted carriage ride would be so much fun! And I agree, Hoop De Doo with a group sounds like a blast. In fact, that whole time of year seems like the perfect time to be going with friends.
I know, traveling with our friends is going to make this trip extra-extra awesome! We are already having trouble fitting in all the eating and drinking though
Old 11-25-2011, 09:26 AM   #144
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Yay for getting to do Hoop de Doo! I would love to go to that someday, but Brandon refuses. He will not even consider it, so I'll have to wait til I go with someone else, I guess!

The Haunted Carriage ride is awesome, make sure you book a later time so it's dark out, FW is so creepy at night!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Nermel9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 08:46 PM   #145
Joyciemc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
Yay for getting to do Hoop de Doo! I would love to go to that someday, but Brandon refuses. He will not even consider it, so I'll have to wait til I go with someone else, I guess!

The Haunted Carriage ride is awesome, make sure you book a later time so it's dark out, FW is so creepy at night!
What is not to like about all you can eat BBQ, beer, sangria and corny fun?
It really is a lot of fun- hope you get the chance to check it out!

I have no idea what to expect from the Haunted Carriage, but awesome is good to hear!!
Old 11-28-2011, 08:57 PM   #146
Enchanted88
A dream is a wish your heart makes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyciemc View Post
It's always fun when the DH starts to 'get it'!
Yes, definately! I think he's even wanting to start planning another trip for '13!!! I'm super excited! I love that we have something to look forward to together!

401 days 'till Disney!!! But who's counting?!?! --A PTR
Enchanted88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 04:54 AM   #147
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

I had really wanted to try the carriage ride at POR (un-haunted version ), but we never got to! The haunted carriage ride sounds like it would be even more fun!
Stringbean&Wingnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 10:33 AM   #148
Joyciemc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
I had really wanted to try the carriage ride at POR (un-haunted version ), but we never got to! The haunted carriage ride sounds like it would be even more fun!
I don't know what to expect from it, but I'm really looking forward to it!
Old 12-05-2011, 11:11 AM   #149
Joyciemc
DIS Veteran

It has been so long since I updated! Part of the reason is just that I have been super busy, but mostly it is because the DISboards hate me right now. I can read most things easy enough, but trying to reply is torture. I have to refresh the page a bajillion times to get the reply box to show up, and posting it is a whole other ordeal! So if I have been missing from outher people's TR/PTRs, please know that I am reading, it is just really hard to post.

But since I just invested a LOT of refreshing to get to this reply, I feel like I should keep on writing

Ben and I got our Christmas tree!

I wasn't thrilled with it at first, but now that the branches have settled, it looks great! We have a tradition of watching Emmet Otter's Jugband Christmas (I think that's what it's called) while we decorate. It's a Jim Henson Muppet movie, but not the regular cast of the Muppets. Such a cute movie!

I actually got quite a bit of my Christmas shopping done, which is a great feeling! I hated being at the mall yesterday and will be very happy if I don't have to go back!

Not much is happening as far as trip planning at the moment. Though I do have my ADRs and park days all set for the short May trip I am taking with my friend. And I need to get going on looking for airfare! Mark lives in Western Mass, about 3 hours away from me (I'm near Boston). We'll have to figure out which airport makes the most sense and one of us will travel to the other's end of the state.

Ben and I are still planning on a trip to Puerto Rico in February (we already have plane tickets!), but since his cousin's girlfriend is the one planning the trip and we haven't head anything about it, I have no idea what is going on. And it is making me a little
Never mind the fact that there is no way I can take a beach vacation without getting my butt to the gym (which is downstairs at our house- I have no excuse ) and getting back into some kind of good shape.

The other bit of craziness that is making time fly by is my friend's wedding. I have been trying to wrangle the bridesmaids when it comes to shower planning and it is a tough job! Though we finally have a date (end of January) and we settled on having it at my house. So once Christmas is over, that is going to eat up all my time. Then we'll need to plan a bachelorette, then it will be wedding time!

So that is my super rambling, bizarre update! Thanks for sticking around (if you do )
Old 12-05-2011, 11:23 AM   #150
Joyciemc
DIS Veteran

See?? Since I had to reload the page so many times, the reply ended up posting twice. Grrrrrrr

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: