Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-27-2011, 08:28 PM   #31
MommyWithDreams
What has the Dis done to me? I'm addicted to CROCS?
we've hit single digits baby!

Just a few more

An AWFUL picture of me...but a very special picture indeed. This was our last night at Disneyland and the fireworks had just ended, a already tearyeyed mommy....Ayden put his hands on my cheeks and thanked me for taking him to Disneyland. This was his first trip.

Old 11-27-2011, 10:33 PM   #32
WDWJonasGirl
Mouseketeer/Directioner

The pictures look cute Janelle!!

Kaitlin: Lover of 5 Seconds of Summer, One Direction, Jonas, and Concerts
WDW: 5/03, 4/06, 12/06, 7/09, 8/10, 6/14, 7/14 DLR: Too Many To Count DCL: 1/07, 7/09, 8/11, 8/12, 6/14 DLP: 6/13
WDWJonasGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-28-2011, 10:47 PM   #33
MommyWithDreams

So it's time to decide on at least a lunch place and then play it by ear for dinner. The thought of stopping to eat makes me batty due to our short time. I'm starting to wonder if our flight will be delayed due to fog...it's been really foggy here in Sac the past few days. I'm hoping for the best. I'm going to call PPH tomorrow and request an early check in, no guarantees I know but it sure would be nice.

So lunch options...

Cafe Orleans
Carnation Cafe
Blue Bayou
Wine Country Trattoria

Decisions decisions.....
Old 11-28-2011, 11:15 PM   #34
DizNee Luver
Luver of all things Disney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyWithDreams View Post
So it's time to decide on at least a lunch place and then play it by ear for dinner. The thought of stopping to eat makes me batty due to our short time. I'm starting to wonder if our flight will be delayed due to fog...it's been really foggy here in Sac the past few days. I'm hoping for the best. I'm going to call PPH tomorrow and request an early check in, no guarantees I know but it sure would be nice.

So lunch options...

Cafe Orleans
Carnation Cafe
Blue Bayou
Wine Country Trattoria

Decisions decisions.....
I think a quicky lunch & then a sit down dinner in DTD after the park closing would be the way to go.......lol
Road Trip 2014HEREClub 33HEREWDW TRHEREOct PTRHERE 2013 Divas #3HERE2012 Holiday Trip HERE
WDW Dec 12 PTR~Cancelled: HERE 2011 Holiday Trip: HEREDivas, Take 2~2012: HEREDiva's TR~2011: HERE
10 of Us Summer Trip~2010: HERE 25th Anniv.TR~2009: HERE

DLR: 1967, 1972, 1984, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2011, 2012, 2012, 2013, 2013, 2014 WDW: 2013

DizNee Luver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 11:12 AM   #35
MommyWithDreams

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizNee Luver View Post
I think a quicky lunch & then a sit down dinner in DTD after the park closing would be the way to go.......lol
You have a point to that...Sitting down for a long dining experience is not what I want to do for my short time. So I crossed off Blue Bayou, (not a big fan of the food anyway) and also WCT, I don't want to be in CA much except to ride LM and Soarin. I'm thinking maybe Cafe Orleans...I love that Blackened Caesar salad and am dying to try the Pomme goodness and maybe have some biegnets. My food is covered so that's not the issue, it's time....darn time.
Old 11-29-2011, 11:14 AM   #36
MommyWithDreams

One week from this very moment my plane will be descending....closer and closer to my happy place! I'm excited and nervous all at the same time. Ayden is so determined that I'm NOT going without him...I sure hope it's not an emotional difficult goodbye.
Old 11-29-2011, 02:44 PM   #37
DizDad of 7
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyWithDreams View Post
You have a point to that...Sitting down for a long dining experience is not what I want to do for my short time. So I crossed off Blue Bayou, (not a big fan of the food anyway) and also WCT, I don't want to be in CA much except to ride LM and Soarin. I'm thinking maybe Cafe Orleans...I love that Blackened Caesar salad and am dying to try the Pomme goodness and maybe have some biegnets. My food is covered so that's not the issue, it's time....darn time.
This is Laurie....just on the main computer & it's always signed in on Mike's.....lol

If you decide to do Cafe Orleans, let me know.....I'll join you....it's one of my favs!!!!! (and they have gingerbread beignets & no way could I do an order by myself!!). Are you going to set a ressie??
DizDad of 7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 06:07 PM   #38
MommyWithDreams

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizDad of 7 View Post
This is Laurie....just on the main computer & it's always signed in on Mike's.....lol

If you decide to do Cafe Orleans, let me know.....I'll join you....it's one of my favs!!!!! (and they have gingerbread beignets & no way could I do an order by myself!!). Are you going to set a ressie??
GINGERBREAD BEIGNETS????

Yummy!

I need to talk to my co-worker and see what she thinks...I'm going to forward some menus to her and we'll talk about it this week. I'm still convinced I want to do Ralph's but I don't know yet.
Old 11-29-2011, 11:22 PM   #39
WDWJonasGirl
Mouseketeer/Directioner

Yeah!! I'm so excited for you Janelle!!!

Kaitlin: Lover of 5 Seconds of Summer, One Direction, Jonas, and Concerts
WDW: 5/03, 4/06, 12/06, 7/09, 8/10, 6/14, 7/14 DLR: Too Many To Count DCL: 1/07, 7/09, 8/11, 8/12, 6/14 DLP: 6/13
WDWJonasGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 10:00 PM   #40
MommyWithDreams

This time next week, I'll be at the airport headed home.
Old 12-03-2011, 11:32 PM   #41
MommyWithDreams

Sooooo got bought my ticket today. I'm one happy girl! Only two sleeps to go. I'm anxious but excited, nervous but content. Ayden is still determined he's going with me so I'm hoping that Monday's bedtime goes smoothly since I'll be gone before he wakes on Tuesday morning. I'm going to call him as soon as we land at the airport so I can talk to him before he leaves for school that day.

Here's a happy girl today with ticket in hand!!!

Old 12-04-2011, 11:50 AM   #42
MommyWithDreams

Praying for Mother Nature to keep the winds calm on Tuesday for our DL day. Some websites are giving a high wind advisory, others say it will die down. But hey, a windy, rainy day at Disney, is better than no days at all. Wind and I just never get along.

Only two sleeps to go!

Laurie..... two days two days, i'll see you in TWO days!
Old 12-05-2011, 07:10 PM   #43
MommyWithDreams

So this time tomorrow I'll be enjoying the sights and sounds of Disneyland! WOO HOO!
Old 12-10-2011, 01:09 AM   #44
DizNee Luver
Luver of all things Disney!

Thanx for a wonderful late dinner....that guacamole was delicious!!!! I'm excited to hear about your conference & your special tour!!!!
Road Trip 2014HEREClub 33HEREWDW TRHEREOct PTRHERE 2013 Divas #3HERE2012 Holiday Trip HERE
WDW Dec 12 PTR~Cancelled: HERE 2011 Holiday Trip: HEREDivas, Take 2~2012: HEREDiva's TR~2011: HERE
10 of Us Summer Trip~2010: HERE 25th Anniv.TR~2009: HERE

DLR: 1967, 1972, 1984, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2011, 2012, 2012, 2013, 2013, 2014 WDW: 2013

DizNee Luver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 02:32 PM   #45
MommyWithDreams

Day 1 ~ So the morning that I left, I made notes for Ayden and left them all around the house in places I knew he'd find them as he got ready for school. Our Elf On The Shelf made a nice TP job through the house and in the bathroom too. Busy busy morning.

We got to the airport with not much time to spare before we started boarding...whew....

Great flight to Orange County, eventhough the pilot came on saying it was going to get pretty bumpy. I didn't notice anything too unusual.

We arrived at the airport and were able to catch a very quick Disneyland express shuttle. Out of 4 parties on the shuttle...there was not ONE child. LOL Kinda funny considering where we're going.

We arrived at the PPH and check in was a nightmare. The girl told us it was a new keyboard and it wasn't working right. Check in took about 25 minutes....unfortunately no upgrade either. Considering how dead the parks were I found it hard to believe there was not ONE upgrade available considering how early we were there, 9:15am. Oh well....we were there just to sleep anyway. Our rooms weren't ready but we did get a text at 11:30 saying it was ready. Only one of us got the text though.

We were heading into the CA via the Grand right around 10 so we headed straight to Little Mermaid since it was a new ride for both of us. It was so so. I wasn't too impressed. I guess with all the details Disney is capable of...HM, Indy and Pirates, I just just a little unimpressed. Cute concept though, the music was nice.

We walked over to the pier to check out Toy Story, the line was already 45 minutes...I'm thinking since Screamin wasn't yet open. We happily kept moving. Tried out Goofy's Sky School, I had never ridden it when it was MM. It was a fun little coaster, nothing too exciting that I'd wait in a long line for. We were going to catch a quick ride on Soarin but it was a 30 minute wait by this time and we were VERY anxious to get to Disneyland. We made it through the gates super quick....didn't see one character as we came through the gates, I was shocked! First ride...Pirates! Sad that we only rode it once but thankful we had that one chance.

More to come..and the best part, pictures!!!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: