Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-10-2011, 07:07 PM   #1
momabbate
Mouseketeer

The Good, The Bad, and The Tired.. Six days, Seven Nights Sept. 2011 Trip

Been home for almost a month. Time to get this report started. Just got DD's pics from trip this past weekend. Got photo pass ordered should get that in this week. Looked over pics from travel day and counted 39 to look at adding to travel day updates. Still need to figure out sizing pics if anyone can help that would be great. Hope to get get first update done this week. Those that read ptr come see how much of list got done. For those that did not read no real need to go back and read it was short and not much to it. Hey Im just being honest. Will start this by reposting introductions.
Old 10-10-2011, 08:34 PM   #2
momabbate
Mouseketeer

Introductions

My name is Sandy. I do customer service. I have three kids. Two boys and a girl, ages 21,19, and 18. The 18 is the girl. We have all been to WDW once, back in 08. As a result DD and myself have become Disney Crazy. Driving the rest the family nuts. We see and point out Mickey Heads everywhere, can get Disney in almost every conversationÖ.you know the type.
This trip started with an idea (all great things do) to take DD for our first Mother Daughter trip. This goal is to feed our addictions and to bond in a more adult matter. You see she turned 18 this year and graduated from high school.What better way to celebrate then Six days, seven nights at WDW.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-11-2011, 09:14 PM   #3
momabbate
Mouseketeer

Travel Day

Night before:
We arrived home around three, but I still had last minute packing to finish. We had dinner and packing done by 8:30. It was time for a movie and do nails. For movie we watched Snow White. It had played on Disney channel earlier that week. I had picked up some cheap red nail polish, with a black detail polish. So we painted all our nails red . With the black DD painted little dots on all her nails with her thumbs having a Mickey head. I jus did Mickey head on my thumbs and big toes. I must have been tired or nervous cause I forgot to take pic of our nails. By the time we were done with everything it was close to 12:30.

Travel Day:

I was up at 4:30. Did I need to be up this early, no but couldnít get back to sleep. Kept thinking of things that didnít get packed the night before. Finished packing. (Still forgot things but ok didnít need them all.) We were on our way to airport around 7:00. We arrived around 9:30. Yes we were still to early but that was ok. We checked our bags in then went to security check. Now I was all prepare to set it off. I have a hip replacement. To my surprise it didnít go off. Now Iím not complaining not having to be checked over. But why is this machine not going off. It was not a scanner. Oh well nothing that I can do.

What to do while we wait. First get coffee. Then get cards out to play. Yes we sat on floor by window and played Phase 10. Surprising we didnít finish the game. Could be due to phone calls, text messaging. Or people watching. This was DD first flight. I got her a window seat. No excitement on the plane. Lots of little kids that went to sleep, as well as some adults. Not me I just wanted to land.

So We will end this with funny pics that DD took on plane.

Next update will have landing and check into POP
Old 10-12-2011, 02:31 PM   #4
TanzUnited99
DIS Veteran

Hi Sandy! I'm here - sorry it took me so long joining but I hadn't realise you had started

Anyway will be keeping up now. I still can't believe you managed to fit in a movie the night before you were leaving! Your nails sound awesome - hope we get to see them later on in the TR.

Lol love the funny plane photos!
Old 10-13-2011, 02:37 PM   #5
momabbate
Mouseketeer

Hey Tanz. WooHoo Your first. (I kind of knew you would be.) Movie was a must. Needed it to settle down to sleep. I thought we had taken a pic of nails but must have been to tired cause no pic. I reliezed it while in WDW but before nail polish started to chip. (Thats what I get for using cheap polish.) I did have a lady notice them second day on bus. But she was the only one. Oh well, might have to do them at home sometime and see if anyone notice. As for funny pics I got lots. DD loves to snap pics at all times. So she took lots while standing in line or waiting for me. Glad I'm doing this tr so she doesn't add bad ones of me. What did surprise me is how long an update takes to post. I got all of day one writing just not finding time to sort pics and downloading then editing finally posting. This might take me two years to finish. JK Will get it done. Boy I had alot to say today. Should be looking over pics for next post. Later
Old 10-13-2011, 03:47 PM   #6
momabbate
Mouseketeer

Arrival Time

Landing time. Ok, fist cute story about a kid not belonging to us. We have a lot of them. So this little boy is looking out the window as we are landing. He real loud but in a cute way is saying everything he sees. Then starts to add that he sees Pluto. He starts saying this more and more. DD and I just laughed and were trying hard to find Pluto but I hate to say he wasn’t at the airport.

Ya We are at Walt Disney World. At times didn't think we would make it.
Old 10-15-2011, 09:28 AM   #7
TanzUnited99
DIS Veteran

Yep have to agree in that uploading photos does take quite a bit of time.

Lol at the cute kid story! Yay you got a great sign photo and have made it to Pop. Looking forward to reading more!
Old 10-16-2011, 10:24 AM   #8
momabbate
Mouseketeer

Arriving at POP

Did make it to POP. Got threw check in fast. DD got two sets of buttons. I did online check in so they were made ahead of time. Well the lady checking us in must not have known this and made her a set. (We were celebrating both her 18 bday and her high school graduation. Anyways, we got room 3117. It was a great room for us. Not sure there was a room at POP I would have hated at this point. Was exactly what I wanted. In 50 section, quiet area, and ground level. We were just around from bowling bin pool with lake view. I couldn't beleive the way people behave towards cm's. There was a guy checking in that did not get what he wanted. Was screaming at the cm about how he booked this trip 180 days ago, so no reason he shouldn't get what he wanted. Really, your in WDW your request are just that request. Anyways here are some pics of room and view.

Our only towl animail. But he was always there welcoming us home.

What the outside of rooms looked like as we walked by.

Our view during the day. Loved looking out at the lake. The area was real quiet during this week.

A few pics of our room. I thought I had more.

DD's buttons.

Had to get Goofy with his cool car.

Next up MK here we come.
Old 10-16-2011, 04:16 PM   #9
TanzUnited99
DIS Veteran

I'm glad your requests were granted and the view from your room looks lovely. We only had the one towel animal as well.

Yay on getting a pic with Goofy!
Old 10-16-2011, 07:10 PM   #10
momabbate
Mouseketeer

Ya we made it to Magic Kingdom

First thing we do is drop out stuff and head out. We got IASW to ride. We did take time to get a few picks of POP but not a whole lot. Did get to line for MK. Now I can’t remember every bus ride or line for bus line. With my hip and other leg foot problems I did let DD know I won’t be standing on a bus. That we would just wait for next bus so I can sit. This was never really a problem. Now as I was sitting I noticed this lady standing in front of me had some really cute shoes. I know I have seen those shoes before. I did stare at her a bit looking for a lgmh but didn’t see one. Next thing I know she comments on mine. That’s when I’m like no way you can’t be Tanz. Ok I didn’t quit say that. I knew she would be at POP the same time and so it would be possible to run into her. But really been at POP less then an hour. It was nice hearing about there fun day at AK. We talked some on the bus. They were heading out for dinner we were going to MK. So here is our first night in Magic Kingdom.

Have to start with first pic of Castle.

Our first ride, ITSW. This is a must first ride for DD. I guess it is my fault. Back in 08 I knew that no one in our party would ride it but I wanted to share it with the kids. So we rode it first while waiting for dsil to arrive with her family.

Wel by now I reliezed the one thing I didn't think about. I knew that during dinner would be the parade and wishes. I didn't think of walk ways being closed. Now we are in FL and need to get back to main street for dinner at Tony's. So we walked around the park to get back to main street.

Lady and the Tramp DD's favorite movie.

Just plain rolls. I skip these and was late on getting pic DD already has one. If I remember it is the only one that got ate. So what else got ate?

Tony's Lasagna - layered with ground beef, sausage, mozzarella, and ricotta
DD said it was good. She could have used more cheese. As to we are a cheesey type of family. I did try the sauce and thought it had a nice taste to it.

NY Strip Steak - Port Wine Sauce, Garlic Mash Potatoes and Broccolini
First I should mention I'm not that big into eating streak. Not sure why I picked this. I thought the streak was cooked just right and loved the sauce. I also cook with alot of garlic but those potatoes had to much for me. Did eat half of them so couldn't be to bad.

Chef's Signature Cheesecake; Which was carmel apple cheesecake yum
This was the perfect way to end our first meal. Normal our family tries not to order the same thing, but glad we did cause I wasn't sharing any of mine.

Lady and Tramp Paw prints. How cute.

Main Street at night. We loved all the lights.

After dinner we stayed around to wait for MK to say goodnight. (Goodnight Kiss if no one has stayed it should be atleast a one time thing. Although I think it is the perfect way to end this night.

The line for the bus was long. It was close to midnight by the time we made it back to POP. We still needed to settle down so did jump in pool for a bit. Made it to bed around one. So the question is do we make it for rope drop for MK they do have emh?
Old 10-18-2011, 02:22 PM   #11
TanzUnited99
DIS Veteran

It was great meeting the both of you Sandy. Lol at thinking you had seen those shoes before!

Great MK pics and yay on going on IASW first

Love the lady and the tramp pic and your dessert looks yummy! I'm going to say that you didn't make MK rope drop the next day after staying out so late on your first day.
Old 10-18-2011, 06:23 PM   #12
momabbate
Mouseketeer

Hey Tanz. I think that pic of Lady and Tramp is going to get a frame. I admitt I was to lazy to get up and take pic I sent DD to take it. I did stay back and ordered.
Old 10-19-2011, 06:02 PM   #13
momabbate
Mouseketeer

Well to my surprise I woke up at 5:30 the next morning. Which means YES we made it to rope drop and EMH. First a stop at pop for breakfast. We both picked yogurt. Not anything to brag about, but something to wake us up with. Plus coffee for me and DD had some fizzy drink as she calls it. I never asked what she got in her cup. I know some moring it was soda others it was hot chocolate.

So on the bus for Mk. Not sure how we don't have any pics. Anyways arrived in plenty of time. Here are pics of MK.

What we looked like this morning without much sleep.

Some of our old time friends.

One of many pp pics of us and castle. Can you really have to many?

Our first ride. Now this is one neither DD or myself thougth of doing until we walked by. This turned out to be a very good show. I feel in love with Stich. Can't wait to share this with DH in 2014.

Next up was Buzz. Now I was very disappointed with this. Not really a bad ride but I understand why everyone waits for TSM.

Oh no, my battery for camera died. DD looks at me like duh didn't you plug it in last night. NO I didn't. I'm use to DH to take care of camera. I thougth battery would last longer. Thats ok DD takes better pics then I do anyways.

So this is what she got for the view from Astro Orbet.

Lastly SM.
We have ADR for 2:00 so off to another park. Sorry, you can get that update next time.
Old 10-25-2011, 07:04 PM   #14
momabbate
Mouseketeer

Sorry no update. Been working nonstop. Started a new job last week while finishing up last job. Now putting in 12hour days at new job. Am starting to look over pic for next post tonight. Not long tonight but am getting started.
Old 10-29-2011, 09:45 AM   #15
TanzUnited99
DIS Veteran

Yay, I'm happy you managed to watch the opening ceremony!

Sounds like a great day - we never went on Stitch's great escape. Yay on falling in love with it and meeting him as well!

Congrats on the new job!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: