Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-26-2011, 07:06 AM   #121
wdwgirl03
I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)
I will throw a party the day I get a tag!!!
I am pretty wimpy when it comes to thrill rides

Looks like a great MK day so far! I love the video of the opening show. I have never seen one of the Dapper Dans be the greeter-we've usually had the mayor or Scoop Sanderson, the news reporter guy. So fun! Your video got me excited for when we're there Saturday morning!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartDDuck View Post
I love MK rope drop. I have to admit, I have the song on my iPod. "Welcome, welcome, welcome".
haha, I do too.
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs April '14-Pop Century UPCOMING TRIP: Dec. '14-DISNEYLAND!!!
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307
Old 10-26-2011, 11:28 AM   #122
Tinkermom76
Gawrsh

Quote:
Originally Posted by katt789 View Post
Yay! I'm caught up and ready to keep reading. It looks like you guys have had an awesome trip so far, and day 1's not even done!
It was a really good first day at the park!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddy_of_Princesses View Post
Sounds like a great plan. Enjoy the trip. I'm sure you have plenty of photo's from this past year to remember Disney by.
I'm not worried about pictures, but I am excited to sit and watch everything!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisMomAmy View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angies1274 View Post
It looks like you were all having a great day at MK! Can't wait to check out the new queue for Haunted Mansion. Aww...sorry the DIS meet didn't happen.

Natalie--Congrats on booking your next trip!
The new Queue is really neat
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwgirl03 View Post
Looks like a great MK day so far! I love the video of the opening show. I have never seen one of the Dapper Dans be the greeter-we've usually had the mayor or Scoop Sanderson, the news reporter guy. So fun! Your video got me excited for when we're there Saturday morning!
I love the Dapper Dans!!!

Saturday morning... I'm jealous

Me (Natalie) DD12 (Eryka) DD9 (Emma)

May 1989 offsite, May 1999 CBR, Feb 2008 Nickelodeon, Dec 2009 CR, Dec 2010 Pop, Oct 2011, Pop, Feb 2012 WL, Sept 2012 POR, Sept 2013 ASM, May 2014 Pop, Nov 2014 CBR
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-26-2011, 12:04 PM   #123
TanzUnited99
DIS Veteran

Sounds like a great day! Yay on going over to Tom Sawyer Island - I love the PP pics.

We also loved the Haunted Mansion queue and lol at fighting over Jack Sparrow - am sure you ladies are not the only ones!
Old 10-26-2011, 02:29 PM   #124
jeremysdisneymom
DIS Veteran

Subbing! How neat that you traveled with friends!

I love the MK Opening. Wouldn't it be neat to be Family of the Day just once?

I love the Mk parades. My family likes the afternoon swim so I always miss that one. Love your pictures!

Alright, you got me curious. Did you get upgraded to the Poly mid stay?

Old 10-26-2011, 09:45 PM   #125
Tinkermom76
Gawrsh

Quote:
Originally Posted by TanzUnited99 View Post
Sounds like a great day! Yay on going over to Tom Sawyer Island - I love the PP pics.

We also loved the Haunted Mansion queue and lol at fighting over Jack Sparrow - am sure you ladies are not the only ones!
We were surprised to see the pp photographer on the island, I have never seen one there before

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremysdisneymom View Post
Subbing! How neat that you traveled with friends!

I love the MK Opening. Wouldn't it be neat to be Family of the Day just once?

I love the Mk parades. My family likes the afternoon swim so I always miss that one. Love your pictures!

Alright, you got me curious. Did you get upgraded to the Poly mid stay?
The Poly?!?!? I wish... that would be a dream come true

May 1989 offsite, May 1999 CBR, Feb 2008 Nickelodeon, Dec 2009 CR, Dec 2010 Pop, Oct 2011, Pop, Feb 2012 WL, Sept 2012 POR, Sept 2013 ASM, May 2014 Pop, Nov 2014 CBR
Old 10-27-2011, 09:41 AM   #126
Stefy
Fantasising of our next DCL & WDW Trip

All caught up and loving every second

Love the opening show at MK, always puts a smile on your face.

Breakfast with Stitch and friends looked like fun and how good is that pineapple bread!

Bless Emma, she was a trooper on SM and wonderful that she loves it now. Such a fun ride and the song is too cute

Guys I am so sorry our meet fell through. I felt so bad, my phone was being a nuisance throughout the whole trip, dying in the space of 1hr if I left the network connected (no idea why, but it got super hot all the time). Being the dumma that I was I had forgotten to key in Tracy's number and had no way of getting it off of Facebook. I did try to look out for you guys when we got to MK, but no luck.

Tracy thank you so much for your awesome gift, it is so awesome and so thoughtful of you guys

Next time we are at Disney and our trips crossover we are meeting up for sure
Old 10-28-2011, 07:35 AM   #127
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Jack may be your husband or boyfriend...but I'M the one he LOVES!

Looks like you had a great afternoon. I haven't been to Tom Sawyers Island in over 10 years. I really do need to get Claire over there to experience it.

Yay for another trip!!!!!!
Old 10-28-2011, 10:19 AM   #128
Mickey_Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefy View Post
All caught up and loving every second

Love the opening show at MK, always puts a smile on your face.

Breakfast with Stitch and friends looked like fun and how good is that pineapple bread!

Bless Emma, she was a trooper on SM and wonderful that she loves it now. Such a fun ride and the song is too cute

Guys I am so sorry our meet fell through. I felt so bad, my phone was being a nuisance throughout the whole trip, dying in the space of 1hr if I left the network connected (no idea why, but it got super hot all the time). Being the dumma that I was I had forgotten to key in Tracy's number and had no way of getting it off of Facebook. I did try to look out for you guys when we got to MK, but no luck.

Tracy thank you so much for your awesome gift, it is so awesome and so thoughtful of you guys

Next time we are at Disney and our trips crossover we are meeting up for sure
Your welcome! It was fun finding it for you... A little unorthodox in how it got to you but I was glad when I got your message!

Absolutely we'll make a future DIS meet work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
Jack may be your husband or boyfriend...but I'M the one he LOVES!

Looks like you had a great afternoon. I haven't been to Tom Sawyers Island in over 10 years. I really do need to get Claire over there to experience it.

Yay for another trip!!!!!!

Jack certainly does love his women fighting over him!

Demetri was having a blast on TSI, Ariana and I not so much besides the barrel bridge. We'll have to go again when I have a second set of eyes to keep track of both kiddos at the same time. Natalie walked thru the cave with him since I was afraid I'd lose Ariana.
Old 10-28-2011, 04:12 PM   #129
JPFamilyMom
DIS Veteran

Location: That place between sleep and awake, where you can still remember dreaming

Was way behind, but I'm all caught up and loving your TR. Looks like you all have had a splendid trip so far from leaving for the airport through to your time in MK. Love the pictures and I am now officially convinced to try Ohana's next trip. Can't wait to read whats next
June 2004:ASsports -honeymoon Jan 2011: Kidani -Spectrum Moms take on the World March 2011: rental house- boys first trip Sept 2012: AoA-Cars Suite -UFT (ultimate field trip) Sept 2013: AoA-Lion King suite- MNSSHP May 2014:ASsports- Star Wars Weekends December 2014: POP- Tis the season to be jolly

Old 10-28-2011, 04:43 PM   #130
Tinkermom76
Gawrsh

I’m just a little black rain cloud…..

We thought we might be able to finish the FantasyLand rides before MSEP but I was doubtful. First was Peter Pan’s Flight - I never get any good pics on this ride.

I was in a ship by myself and snuck in a quick flash picture, one of Ariana’s favourite scenes. (shhhh!)

Next was It’s a Small World… now this is the first time I have gone on this ride since I read Kingdom Keepers and let me tell you I was more than a little freaked out on this ride. I will never see this ride the same again

I have so many pictures of this ride that I wasn’t taking very many this time around. Ariana would have none of that and started to point out the pictures she wanted me to take. No problem! Some were a little off because she’d wait until the last second to tell me but here’s a few of what she picked.

And more cuteness from Demetri and Emma.... check out the protective arm around her back as they sit together.

The clock says 6:15 and we still had to get mine and Tracy’s ears for our MNSSHP costumes and get a spot for the parade….. I am getting nervous. I said to Tracy there is no way we are going to get hats and a spot if we do anymore rides so we decide to leave the rest of FantasyLand for our next MK day and we head down a very crowded Main St to the Chapeau Shop.

Continued in next post……..

Old 10-28-2011, 04:45 PM   #131
Tinkermom76
Gawrsh

Of course taking pictures along the way

I ordered my hats (one for me and one for my Goddaughter Claire) and then I told Tracy I was going to make my way outside to look for a parade watching spot.

It was pretty crowded already but I got a spot in the hub right outside the confectionary. It was an ok spot to watch.

I ordered ears for myself and we picked out new ones for the kids, and then joined Natalie outside to wait. I really liked our spot and I loved the few pictures I got of the parade heading up Main Street towards the Castle.

Before the parade started I snapped a couple pics of the decorations. Was there any doubt that I did too?

I also snapped a pic of the Fire Station.

Quick quiz for Kingdom Keeper readers: Who lives there?????

This was what the clouds looked like and it was kinda creepy. Very fitting!

The kids in their spot

Continued in next post………………………

Old 10-28-2011, 04:47 PM   #132
Tinkermom76
Gawrsh

Just after going back to get our now finished ears, the Main St Electrical Parade stated. I personally love this parade. I know there are lots of people who love Spectro more and I don’t really have an opinion on which one I like more I just try to enjoy the one that is available at the time.

I confess I do prefer Spectro Magic but I do love this parade too. I can’t help but dance along and it makes for great pictures if you can get them. This was the point of the day that I finally figured out which button to push to get my camera display working again and I LOVE the pictures with the Castle in the background.

Hey it’s Goofy again!!!!

Continued in next post……………….

Old 10-28-2011, 04:48 PM   #133
Tinkermom76
Gawrsh

After it was over the sky looked really bad and we were seeing lightning and hearing thunder so we decided it was not really worth sticking around for Wishes and getting stuck in a storm so we high tailed it out of there and to the bus stop.

It sucked not staying for Wishes, but we had other chances to see it later in the week and leaving early meant not only missing a potential downpour, it meant beating the crowds too. Ariana however, was not happy at all with this decision and let us know pretty much the entire bus ride back to Pop that she thought so. A shot taken earlier in the day but fitting at this point....

We made it back to Pop before the storm and the sky seemed to be easing up a little. The kids really wanted to swim (me too me three!) so we gave in and went for a swim.

After we were cooled down, saying goodnight to Tramp.....

.... we went back to our rooms and went to bed. We have another early morning tomorrow… will Tracy make it?????

Well..... did I????

Old 10-28-2011, 05:13 PM   #134
Tinkermom76
Gawrsh

For those that read out PTR you may remember our list for MK, for those that didn’t here it is:

• Town Square Theatre
· Mickey & Minnie
· Princesses
• Rapunzel and Flynn
• Jungle Cruise
• POTC
• Dole Whip
• Splash Mountain
• BTMRR

• Tom Sawyer Island
• Hall of Presidents
• Riverboat
• Haunted Mansion
• Princess Tiana
• It’s a Small World
• Peter Pan’s Flight

• Mickey’s PhilharMagic
• Carousel
• Dumbo
• Winnie the Pooh
• Mad tea Party
• Tomorrowland Speedway
• Space Mountain
• People Mover
• Buzz
• Stitch
• Monsters Inc.

The things we accomplished on this day are red

Things not on the list that we did:

Parade and MSEP

Old 10-28-2011, 05:25 PM   #135
mrsksomeday
My Prince uses a power wheelchair!

Great installments!!! I haven't read the Kingdom Keepers... yet. It is on my list of things to do.

I love the picture of Demetri with his arm around Emma, how freaking cute is that??? Watch out they look like they are on a date .

Great spot for MSEP, I love the pictures with the castle in the background. I would have left too if it looked like it was going to pour rain.

I say Tracy made it the next morning, I believe in her . She has a great name .

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: