Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


 
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-25-2011, 11:28 AM   #106
Tinkermom76
Gawrsh
 
Tinkermom76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Brampton, Ontario
Posts: 3,007

Next we were off to see my Husband, Captain Jack Sparrow!





Yes he’s your husband (for now anyway ) but he’s MY boyfriend! Once in a blue moon this ride gets crowded and we asked to use the alternate entrance with Ariana’s GAC. I’ve never used it before and was surprised to see the route we had to take to get there. Backstage!





POTC is another ride I had to force Emma to ride but now she doesn’t even question it and just goes on. She still says she doesn’t like it though




After spotting my hubby (my man!) many times on the ride we decided we needed more fantasy in our lives (ya right) and decided to head to FantasyLand after stopping for a bite to eat at Peco Bills, (otherwise known in my family as the “Pickle Barrel” – George could never remember the name so he gave it his own name ). After having my first taco salad (yum!) we were washing up when Demetri remarked to a CM that he really liked his badge. Instantly the CM asked him if he’d like to have it and Demetri was thrilled to say yes and have it pinned on him. Sheriff Demetri!





It was around this point of the day too that I admitted to myself the DIS meet with Stefy had fallen through. Her text hadn’t come through and when I’d tried to send one to her, it bounced back to me right away. I still wanted to get their gift to them though so I made a mental note to have the present shipped to her at the Poly. Little did I know......



Up next.... Who loves a parade?
__________________
GAWRSH!!!!!!!

Me (Natalie) DD12 (Eryka) DD9 (Emma)


May 1989 offsite, May 1999 CBR, Feb 2008 Nickelodeon, Dec 2009 CR, Dec 2010 Pop, Oct 2011, Pop, Feb 2012 WL, Sept 2012 POR, Sept 2013 ASM, May 2014 Pop, Nov 2014 CBR
Tinkermom76 is offline  
Old 10-25-2011, 12:12 PM   #107
mousescrapper
DIS Veteran
 
mousescrapper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Chicago Suburbs, IL
Posts: 4,587

getting caught up again ladies...

looks like you all are having some good times so far love how you fight over Jack...that would make for an awesome picture

we caught the parade on our last day and enjoyed it too, had been awhile usually not in the park when it's on...

I am sad BTMRR will be closed during jan...but can't wait to ride then when it has some new "twists"
mousescrapper is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 10-25-2011, 12:16 PM   #108
Tinkermom76
Gawrsh
 
Tinkermom76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Brampton, Ontario
Posts: 3,007

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousescrapper View Post
getting caught up again ladies...

looks like you all are having some good times so far love how you fight over Jack...that would make for an awesome picture

we caught the parade on our last day and enjoyed it too, had been awhile usually not in the park when it's on...

I am sad BTMRR will be closed during jan...but can't wait to ride then when it has some new "twists"
Maybe there will be fighting over Jack... Or maybe we will move on. Wait and see
__________________
GAWRSH!!!!!!!

Me (Natalie) DD12 (Eryka) DD9 (Emma)


May 1989 offsite, May 1999 CBR, Feb 2008 Nickelodeon, Dec 2009 CR, Dec 2010 Pop, Oct 2011, Pop, Feb 2012 WL, Sept 2012 POR, Sept 2013 ASM, May 2014 Pop, Nov 2014 CBR
Tinkermom76 is offline  
Old 10-25-2011, 12:21 PM   #109
Katie & Glen
DIS Veteran
 
Katie & Glen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Montgomery County, PA
Posts: 515

Im so glad to see you got Emma to try some new rides. Keep the updates coming!!
__________________




A Mickey's Very Merry "Holy Crap It's Cold" Trip Report - Dec 2010

Katie (DW) / Glen (DH - 44) / Ethan (DS - 11)

Past trips: 1997 FW Campground; 2007 CBR; 2010 AKL; 2011 CBR; 2012 POR
Katie & Glen is offline  
Old 10-25-2011, 12:27 PM   #110
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran
 
IheartDDuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 6,217

Uh oh. I sense a little bit of a fight over Captain Jack here. He is very nice to look at.

Sounds like you guys had a great morning. Got a lot of things accomplished too. I love the new changes to the Haunted Mansion too. I had no idea they were going to refurb BTMRR. I think it definitely needs it, so that's some news that I was glad to hear.
__________________


Follow me on Instagram: @keep_calm_love_disney
Follow me on Twitter: @disney_voss
Danielle

In progress TRs:
My Fork and I Are Friends - Nov 14 TR
They Don't Eat Hash Browns in Princessland - May 14 TR
Completed TRs:
Jan 14 TR July.13 Apr. 13
Nov.12 July.12 Jan.12 Nov. '11 July '11 Feb. '11 Nov. 10 and Jan. 11 Oct. '09.
IheartDDuck is offline  
Old 10-25-2011, 12:31 PM   #111
Tinkermom76
Gawrsh
 
Tinkermom76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Brampton, Ontario
Posts: 3,007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie & Glen View Post
Im so glad to see you got Emma to try some new rides. Keep the updates coming!!
More new rides to come! I am trying to keep up with Tracy on the updates... she's getting them out pretty fast which is not like her

Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartDDuck View Post
Uh oh. I sense a little bit of a fight over Captain Jack here. He is very nice to look at.

Sounds like you guys had a great morning. Got a lot of things accomplished too. I love the new changes to the Haunted Mansion too. I had no idea they were going to refurb BTMRR. I think it definitely needs it, so that's some news that I was glad to hear.
He is VERY nice to look at!!!!
__________________
GAWRSH!!!!!!!

Me (Natalie) DD12 (Eryka) DD9 (Emma)


May 1989 offsite, May 1999 CBR, Feb 2008 Nickelodeon, Dec 2009 CR, Dec 2010 Pop, Oct 2011, Pop, Feb 2012 WL, Sept 2012 POR, Sept 2013 ASM, May 2014 Pop, Nov 2014 CBR
Tinkermom76 is offline  
Old 10-25-2011, 01:02 PM   #112
xJenna
Mouseketeer
 
xJenna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Boston
Posts: 230

Joining in! Reading this is making me so happy and sad at the same time. Happy because it looks like you guys are having so much fun and sad because I still have seven months to go!

Reading about getting Emma to go on Splash made me laugh. A year or so ago my family went down with my Aunt, Uncle, and their three girls. I guess they had tried to go on Haunted Mansion earlier and all three of the girls freaked in the stretching room and they had to leave. So later when we met up with them we said we were going on Haunted Mansion and my Aunt and Uncle wanted to try it (it was their whole families' first trip). Their middle girl Emma (5 or 6 at the time I think) decided she wanted to brave it as long as my sister and I kept her safe. Of course we promised we would warn her about scary things and we wouldn't let anything get her. She stood in the stretching room with her eyes shut as tight as possible and with her hands holding onto my sister's hands on her ears. The entire ride she kept her hands over her eyes but she kept peeking through her fingers and her heart was thumping so hard I could feel it. After we got off I asked her if she liked it and she said, "Yeah! I think so. I didn't see most of it but I liked it." She also saw the "I. Emma Spook". We have a few pictures of her with it. Can't wait to read about the rest of your trip.
__________________
xJenna is offline  
Old 10-25-2011, 04:26 PM   #114
irish dancer
DIS Veteran
 
irish dancer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Chicago West burbs
Posts: 1,798

Bummer on the missed DIS meet, hope it wasn't anything bad that intercepted them.

My DD10 also begrudgingly goes on HM, keeps her eyes shut, buries her face in my side and plugs her ears.
__________________
Anne Marie(me) dh dd17 ds14 dd13
HHI Spring Break 2010 TR http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2432610
Spectrum Moms Take on the World TR http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2537308&page=2
irish dancer is offline  
Old 10-25-2011, 09:40 PM   #115
Tinkermom76
Gawrsh
 
Tinkermom76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Brampton, Ontario
Posts: 3,007

Quote:
Originally Posted by xJenna View Post
Joining in! Reading this is making me so happy and sad at the same time. Happy because it looks like you guys are having so much fun and sad because I still have seven months to go!

Reading about getting Emma to go on Splash made me laugh. A year or so ago my family went down with my Aunt, Uncle, and their three girls. I guess they had tried to go on Haunted Mansion earlier and all three of the girls freaked in the stretching room and they had to leave. So later when we met up with them we said we were going on Haunted Mansion and my Aunt and Uncle wanted to try it (it was their whole families' first trip). Their middle girl Emma (5 or 6 at the time I think) decided she wanted to brave it as long as my sister and I kept her safe. Of course we promised we would warn her about scary things and we wouldn't let anything get her. She stood in the stretching room with her eyes shut as tight as possible and with her hands holding onto my sister's hands on her ears. The entire ride she kept her hands over her eyes but she kept peeking through her fingers and her heart was thumping so hard I could feel it. After we got off I asked her if she liked it and she said, "Yeah! I think so. I didn't see most of it but I liked it." She also saw the "I. Emma Spook". We have a few pictures of her with it. Can't wait to read about the rest of your trip.
I love that story!!! Emma was actually pretty good on it and wasn't really scared too much... she really loved the ghost that sat on my head at the end

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisMomAmy View Post
Sorry the DISmeet fell through but otherwise it looks like you were having a wonderful day!
Isn't every day at Disney World a wonderful day?

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish dancer View Post
Bummer on the missed DIS meet, hope it wasn't anything bad that intercepted them.

My DD10 also begrudgingly goes on HM, keeps her eyes shut, buries her face in my side and plugs her ears.
I don't even find HM that scary, especially if you have been on it once already
__________________
GAWRSH!!!!!!!

Me (Natalie) DD12 (Eryka) DD9 (Emma)


May 1989 offsite, May 1999 CBR, Feb 2008 Nickelodeon, Dec 2009 CR, Dec 2010 Pop, Oct 2011, Pop, Feb 2012 WL, Sept 2012 POR, Sept 2013 ASM, May 2014 Pop, Nov 2014 CBR
Tinkermom76 is offline  
Old 10-25-2011, 10:45 PM   #116
Tinkermom76
Gawrsh
 
Tinkermom76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Brampton, Ontario
Posts: 3,007

So I thought I would let you all know that I booked our next trip today

I know Disney will never send me a PIN cause I never get more than 3 weeks out before I am booking again

So Eryka, Emma and I will b going Aug 27th to Sept 3rd. Emma's birthday is Sept 2nd so that will be fun!

Canadians have free dining available till Sept 29 2012 so I jumped and booked it

We are staying at the Contemporary again and doing park hoppers for the 1st time in years!

We are very excited! I am not sure if I will be doing a PTR or a TR for this trip. I decided I am going to see this trip through my eyes not my camera so other than typical posed pics and scenery pics there will be no pics of rides, shows, parades or fireworks
__________________
GAWRSH!!!!!!!

Me (Natalie) DD12 (Eryka) DD9 (Emma)


May 1989 offsite, May 1999 CBR, Feb 2008 Nickelodeon, Dec 2009 CR, Dec 2010 Pop, Oct 2011, Pop, Feb 2012 WL, Sept 2012 POR, Sept 2013 ASM, May 2014 Pop, Nov 2014 CBR
Tinkermom76 is offline  
Old 10-25-2011, 11:58 PM   #117
katt789
DIS Veteran
 
katt789's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Orlando, Fl
Posts: 5,597

Yay! I'm caught up and ready to keep reading. It looks like you guys have had an awesome trip so far, and day 1's not even done!
__________________
In Progress Trip Reports
May 2014 (24 hr day)//Villains Unleashed!

Instagram:Kattwyllie
Twitter: KattWy




katt789 is offline  
Old 10-26-2011, 07:44 AM   #118
Daddy_of_Princesses
The downside of being better than everyone else is that people tend to assume you're pretentious.
 
Daddy_of_Princesses's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Phoenixville PA
Posts: 1,455

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkermom76 View Post
So I thought I would let you all know that I booked our next trip today

I know Disney will never send me a PIN cause I never get more than 3 weeks out before I am booking again

So Eryka, Emma and I will b going Aug 27th to Sept 3rd. Emma's birthday is Sept 2nd so that will be fun!

Canadians have free dining available till Sept 29 2012 so I jumped and booked it

We are staying at the Contemporary again and doing park hoppers for the 1st time in years!

We are very excited! I am not sure if I will be doing a PTR or a TR for this trip. I decided I am going to see this trip through my eyes not my camera so other than typical posed pics and scenery pics there will be no pics of rides, shows, parades or fireworks
Sounds like a great plan. Enjoy the trip. I'm sure you have plenty of photo's from this past year to remember Disney by.
__________________
Me 41 - DW - DD 10 - DD 6 -

1987 - offsite / 1988 - offsite School Trip / 2007 - ASMo / 2010 - AKL and Poly / 2013 CB
Daddy_of_Princesses is offline  
Old 10-26-2011, 07:52 AM   #119
DisMomAmy
DIS Veteran
 
DisMomAmy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: NH
Posts: 7,961

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkermom76 View Post
So I thought I would let you all know that I booked our next trip today

I know Disney will never send me a PIN cause I never get more than 3 weeks out before I am booking again

So Eryka, Emma and I will b going Aug 27th to Sept 3rd. Emma's birthday is Sept 2nd so that will be fun!

Canadians have free dining available till Sept 29 2012 so I jumped and booked it

We are staying at the Contemporary again and doing park hoppers for the 1st time in years!

We are very excited! I am not sure if I will be doing a PTR or a TR for this trip. I decided I am going to see this trip through my eyes not my camera so other than typical posed pics and scenery pics there will be no pics of rides, shows, parades or fireworks
DisMomAmy is offline  
Old 10-26-2011, 07:52 AM   #120
Angies1274
DIS Veteran
 
Angies1274's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Northern New York
Posts: 2,376

It looks like you were all having a great day at MK! Can't wait to check out the new queue for Haunted Mansion. Aww...sorry the DIS meet didn't happen.

Natalie--Congrats on booking your next trip!
__________________
Angie (me) DH DS14 DS11
WDW trips-- (POP Century)--April 2008,April & August 2009,April 2010,July 2012


Angies1274 is offline  
 



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:51 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.