Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-22-2011, 08:13 PM   #91
Tinkermom76
Gawrsh

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellajeansmom View Post
Great start to your morning

Thanks for the video of the morning show. It is one of my must do's for Nov - even if I go on my own and the rest of them catch up with me later

I loved the 'Ohana juice, so I don't blame you at all for guzzling it down!

Glad Emma survived SM...definitely a good idea to hit that right away so the poor thing wasn't stressing all day
I love the morning show and I end up singing it all day!!! Make sure you see it, it's worth it!

I'm glad Em survived too cause if she had hated it I never would have heard the end of it

Me (Natalie) DD12 (Eryka) DD9 (Emma)

May 1989 offsite, May 1999 CBR, Feb 2008 Nickelodeon, Dec 2009 CR, Dec 2010 Pop, Oct 2011, Pop, Feb 2012 WL, Sept 2012 POR, Sept 2013 ASM, May 2014 Pop, Nov 2014 CBR
Old 10-22-2011, 08:31 PM   #92
mrsksomeday
My Prince uses a power wheelchair!

Great installments!!! We have never done MK rope drop or Ohana breakfast, you now make me want to try both.

I am completely enjoying reading both your points of view, it is very entertaining. The kids look like they are having a great time. I am loving the pictures. I can't wait to read and see more .
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-22-2011, 11:56 PM   #93
Kathy Jetson
DIS Veteran

I've never been to a rope drop before either but the plan is to TRY to hit all of them next June. Your video got me excited to see it.

I really want to try Ohana's for breakfast but we are vegetarian and I don't know if they would substitute something for the meat and eggs. maybe extra Mickey waffles?

Natalie River cried in line at Splash Mountain too and I made him go on anyway. I'm scared of heights and I don't like stomach drops and we both tried it for the first time together. I knew he would LOVE it I thought I would HATE it. We both loved it. I agree with Emma the smaller drops gave me a stomach drop but not the big one

I can't wait to hear the rest!
Old 10-23-2011, 09:58 AM   #94
Mickey_Mom
DIS Veteran

Hey everyone, sorry for the late replies. The DIS has been acting wonky for me lately - different problems on my computer and my phone. Today seems to be OK so here I am!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousescrapper View Post
getting caught up ladies...glad I didn't miss too much.

sorry about the packing blunders

love the window decor...we have an awesome (IMHO) window decor...but from our room no one could see it...but I'll trade that for the view we had...

aww poor lady was lost...hopefully someone is loving her now...Bekah lost my MGM water bottle strap on the DME bus in 08

glad you made it too see the opening show Tracy

O'Hana is fun we'll be dining there in Jan!

too funny about you two drinking up all the juice
I agree, I'd take the view too it was gorgeous!

I'm hoping Lady is loved now too. I checked in a few times with lost & found and can't believe she wasn't turned in. They said another Lady was turned in but in a completely different situation, couldn't be mine. I'm half convinced that was our Lady.....

I saw more of the morning show through Natalie's video than when I was there. I'm usually watching my kids as they watch to see the enjoyment on their faces.

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish dancer View Post
Looks like a great start to the day. The weather looks like it was absolutely amazing. Such a clear, sunny, blue sky day!

Haven't done Ohana for breakfast in a few trips, might be time to add that back on the list. We like it it's just that there are so many places we like that we can't fit them all in every trip.

Bummer on the forgotten autograph book. You should have Julie or Amy, our resident queen's of list making, put together a park bag checklist for you. Hey, that's a good idea I might do that too as it's usually too early to be thinking of all that on our trips.

Glad Emma liked Splash well enough, that's not one of Daniel's favorites either. He doesn't like that his butt comes out of his seat on the big drop.
That's a great idea on the checklist! I could've posted it along with our picture itinerary in the room. Next time! I thought I was super organized but there is a lot I'd do differently to make things easier.

On Splash, my butt comes up and I lose my breath just over the dip. Any "woo hoooooo!!" I have instantly vanishes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartDDuck View Post
I love MK rope drop. I have to admit, I have the song on my iPod. "Welcome, welcome, welcome".

Ohana looks very very yummy. Good lookin' out just asking to have the awesome juice left at your table.

I know exactly what you mean about having Emma ride Splash Mountain. Especially if you have a little one that won't do anything unless they are made to. My niece is very similar to that.
I can't find the Ohana juice in the stores any more so it was wonderful to have it again.

I'm going to bookmark the youtube clip of the rope drop for Ariana on her computer -- she loves watching it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisMomAmy View Post
Fun morning! I'm glad Ariana was OK with heading to breakfast after the opening show. And I'm glad you finally got to see the real thing Tracy! And such a beautiful day for it!

Emma is so brave! Or forced to be brave... I'm glad she made it through. Curious to see if she rides it again.

@ Anne Marie - Yup, I've got one of those park bag check lists.
Ariana did really well that morning. Helps that Ohana is one of her favorites. It was a gorgeous morning and we were already getting great use out of our misting fans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angies1274 View Post
Sounds like you had a good arrival day. Aww...but too bad about Lady. Poor Demetri!

Love the opening show at MK!! Tracy--I'm so glad you finally got a chance to see it. Ohana's looks like so much fun as usual! What a great start to the day! Cute Splash Mountain pic! Glad Emma thought Splash was at least a little fun. Hopefully, she liked it well enough to ride again.
I'm going to get Lady & Tramp today I think. I'm worried they won't have any and my plans will be smushed. Now where to find a hat box?

We've had a few trips now that have kicked off with Ohana breakfast - makes for a great start for sure!
Old 10-23-2011, 09:59 AM   #95
Mickey_Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
What a great morning. I will get to Ohanas one of these days. I need to do lunch and dinner. Both look great!

Glad Spalsh worked out for Emma. It was probably best you did it first. I don't bleame you for pushing her into it...sometimes they just need to rtide it and see what it is like. You know your child best.
Make sure you do the breakfast! I haven't tried the dinner but one of these days I might. Bearing in mind Natalie's experience, I'll give it a shot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellajeansmom View Post
Great start to your morning

Thanks for the video of the morning show. It is one of my must do's for Nov - even if I go on my own and the rest of them catch up with me later

I loved the 'Ohana juice, so I don't blame you at all for guzzling it down!

Glad Emma survived SM...definitely a good idea to hit that right away so the poor thing wasn't stressing all day
How fun to have that bit of solo time watching the rope drop then everyone catches up to you.

I need to do some tracking down to see what happened to the Ohana juice here at home -- must find!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsksomeday View Post
Great installments!!! We have never done MK rope drop or Ohana breakfast, you now make me want to try both.

I am completely enjoying reading both your points of view, it is very entertaining. The kids look like they are having a great time. I am loving the pictures. I can't wait to read and see more .
Hi Tracy! I hope you get to do both rope drop and Ohana, it makes for a great morning!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy Jetson View Post
I've never been to a rope drop before either but the plan is to TRY to hit all of them next June. Your video got me excited to see it.

I really want to try Ohana's for breakfast but we are vegetarian and I don't know if they would substitute something for the meat and eggs. maybe extra Mickey waffles?

Natalie River cried in line at Splash Mountain too and I made him go on anyway. I'm scared of heights and I don't like stomach drops and we both tried it for the first time together. I knew he would LOVE it I thought I would HATE it. We both loved it. I agree with Emma the smaller drops gave me a stomach drop but not the big one

There is a lot of yummy things, the fruit and pineapple bread, cinnamon rolls and biscuits, the mickey waffles and breakfast potatoes - and you can ask for more of anything, it's all you can eat. I'd really recommend trying it!
Old 10-23-2011, 11:17 AM   #96
TanzUnited99
DIS Veteran

Yay on catching the Rope Drop ceremony - it sure is amazing!

Great O'hana review and yay on meeting all the characters.

I'm glad Emma rode Splash Mountain and found it fun.
Old 10-23-2011, 02:36 PM   #97
Tinkermom76
Gawrsh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy Jetson View Post

I am so glad I am not the only mom that makes kids go on rides (I feel much better about it now)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TanzUnited99 View Post
Yay on catching the Rope Drop ceremony - it sure is amazing!

Great O'hana review and yay on meeting all the characters.

I'm glad Emma rode Splash Mountain and found it fun.
I love Rope Drop at MK

Now for a confession.... I have never seen Rope Drop at any other park

I will be making those rope drops next trip though

May 1989 offsite, May 1999 CBR, Feb 2008 Nickelodeon, Dec 2009 CR, Dec 2010 Pop, Oct 2011, Pop, Feb 2012 WL, Sept 2012 POR, Sept 2013 ASM, May 2014 Pop, Nov 2014 CBR
Old 10-23-2011, 03:50 PM   #98
20thingamabobs
DIS Veteran

I'm here too! I'm reading when I can but life is a little crazy right now... Sounds like a fun start to the trip so far! I just love the Poly and 'Ohana breakfast! Last time I went there, my dad told Lilo that I had named my dog after her. Lilo then proceeded to stare at me then... lifted her hands up in front of her like paws, and hopped up and down and panted like a dog. It was so cute and funny!
Past Trips:Summer '87: Don't know the details - I was one..., Summer '90: CBR, Summer '95: Dixie Landings, Summer '00: Dixie Landings, Summer '03: AKL, August '05: Offsite, March '07: POR, March '08: POFQ, May '08: SSR, October '08: ASSp, March '09: POFQ, April '10: Poly, June '10: ASMo, November/December '10: CSR, January '11: BLT, March '11: Offsite/Disney Dream/Boardwalk, May '11: AKL-Kidani, DL Sept '12: Offsite, Sept/Oct '11: ASMu, Dec '11: Offsite, WDW Jan '12: Caribbean Beach , DL Jan '12: Offsite, Feb '12: Beach Club , May '12: AKL, June '12: 1 Day Disneymoon, Sept '12: offsite, Oct '12: Pop, Dec '12: Offsite, DL Jan '13: GC, Feb '13: PO-R
Upcoming Trips:WDW July '13, DL Sept '13: GC

Old 10-23-2011, 04:43 PM   #99
Daddy_of_Princesses
The downside of being better than everyone else is that people tend to assume you're pretentious.

Amazing! That family traveled all the way from Tallahassee to get chosen for the opening family. That would be a pretty cool thing to be though, but you have to get there really really early. I'm guessing Mickey_Mom's family will never get chosen, assuming they ever see a rope drop ceremony again.

1987 - offsite / 1988 - offsite School Trip / 2007 - ASMo / 2010 - AKL and Poly / 2013 CB
Old 10-23-2011, 04:46 PM   #100
Tinkermom76
Gawrsh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddy_of_Princesses View Post
Amazing! That family traveled all the way from Tallahassee to get chosen for the opening family. That would be a pretty cool thing to be though, but you have to get there really really early. I'm guessing Mickey_Mom's family will never get chosen, assuming they ever see a rope drop ceremony again.
We had a good chuckle when we heard that

They could be family of the day (for the 3pm parade)

I would totally get there that early to try to be... next trip!!!!

Old 10-24-2011, 05:19 PM   #101
Mickey_Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20thingamabobs View Post
I'm here too! I'm reading when I can but life is a little crazy right now... Sounds like a fun start to the trip so far! I just love the Poly and 'Ohana breakfast! Last time I went there, my dad told Lilo that I had named my dog after her. Lilo then proceeded to stare at me then... lifted her hands up in front of her like paws, and hopped up and down and panted like a dog. It was so cute and funny!
Hey there! I love the interaction with the characters, makes it so fun!
Old 10-25-2011, 10:19 AM   #102
Tinkermom76
Gawrsh

A Barrel of laughs

After Splash everyone wanted to go on BTMRR but I was not going to force Emma again since I know she does not like roller coasters, so Em and I got ice cream and waited for the others. She met another little girl that was scared to go on Splash and she did her best to try to convince her to go on but I don’t think it worked

We LOVE Big Thunder with all its twists and turns and arms way in the air fun. I can’t wait till after its refurb – I had no idea boulders were supposed to “fall” on you until I saw it was being fixed! We too grabbed Mickey bars and drinks afterwards – it was getting hot!

After they went on BTMRR we decided to hit Tom Sawyer Island since it is right there. I have been here before but Tracy hasn’t. We took the kids to the Fort for a few minutes and then braved the barrel bridge.

I’m glad we went to Tom Sawyer Island as it was new for us, but Demetri disappeared for a bit while in the Fort and between that and the heat, I was ready to head out. Oh and my camera display had decided to stop working (found out later that night it was just a button I’d pushed by accident ) so any picture I took was the old fashioned way through the viewfinder. I seriously cannot take good pictures that way so yep....! The barrel bridge was hilarious though and I thought at any time I was going to tip over into the water.

After the barrel bridge we ran into a photopass photographer on the Island and she took a nice group shot of us with the Mansion in the background.

Then she had a little fun with Demetri and Emma.

Continued in next post……..

Old 10-25-2011, 10:22 AM   #103
Tinkermom76
Gawrsh

I had promised to buy Emma a parasol if she went on splash so we headed back to pick it up.

We stopped to get some pics of the kids in the Stocks.

Demetri was not happy that he still can’t reach those stocks. Another objective for him...

Then we headed to Haunted Mansion which is also a new ride for Emma. I let her bring her flashlight with us but told her she had to keep it pointed down in the Doom Buggy.

We took the new Queue route so we could check out all the new things that were added. The kids had fun touching everything.

I loved the new queue! I’d avoided reading anything about it so as to be surprised by it all. It was a lot of fun to walk through and it didn’t take very long at all – 15 minutes from the start to the stretching room. Just missing Madame Leota’s deadly stare, it was our turn in to head in. I really wish they’d address the squeeze fest that is walking out of the stretching room to the line for the Doom Buggies. It’s crazy!
Loved the improvements at the end of the ride too and we were laughing at the unexpected guests that tagged along!

After exiting the ride Emma saw this grave.

We also saw the Photopass Photographers set up and thought we should stop for a picture

Continued in next post……….

Old 10-25-2011, 10:24 AM   #104
Tinkermom76
Gawrsh

It was almost time for the parade so we found a spot to sit.

I’d been keeping an eye on the time because we were to have a DIS meet soon with Stefy. She was on her Disneymoon and though her hubby was scheduled to be off at Epcot with one half of a couple they were meeting up with for the day, Stefy was to text me when she arrived around parade time so we could say hello. At home I’d got them a little congratulations gift – they love Stitch so I thought they’d find this cute......

.... course it didn’t help that I’d forgotten it back in our room!

Then we watched the parade. I hadn’t seen it in years and it had changed since I saw it so I was excited to see it again.

Hey Look! It’s Goofy!!!!

I liked the spot we were in and really enjoyed the parade. I took a quick video of the last float heading past us, I knew Ariana would love to watch it.

Click on picture for video!

Continued in next post……..

Last edited by Tinkermom76; 10-25-2011 at 10:39 AM.
Old 10-25-2011, 10:26 AM   #105
Tinkermom76
Gawrsh

We headed over to AdventureLand to find a spitting Camel! This was the first time I have seen the camel spit. Do they turn it off in December???

I think it was still on for our trip in November....

When we approached the ride I pushed Demetri ahead in the stroller to the spot where all the spit was on the ground and stepped away from him saying, “watch out for the camel – it spits!” Did the water then not go OVER him and hit me! Someone must be watching!

Took a spin on Aladdin’s Magic Carpets.

Next we were off to a Jungle Cruise. Emma and Demetri were so cute.

Notice she was leading… just like her mommy

Demetri was fascinated by this spider that I didn’t believe moved, till I saw it

We had Greg as our captain and he was as funny as the rest of them.

I don’t care how corny the jokes are, I actually laugh out loud at all of them (maybe I am corny )

I always laugh at the “back side” of water! Oh and the one where he says if you’ve enjoyed the cruise his name is Greg but if you didn’t, his name is Sabrina

Continued in next post……………………

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: