Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-21-2011, 09:14 AM   #76
Tinkermom76
Gawrsh

Day 2

Sat Sept 24, 2011

Ready? Set? Splash!!

I woke up very early this morning! According to Facebook I was watching Stacy TV at 6:45am but I had already had my shower and got dressed by then ( I think I was a little excited)

I decided the girls needed to get up at 7:15am and I was really happy when I heard Tracy’s phone ring at 7:30am for her wakeup call!

Same wake up call, Stitch yelling at us to “GET MOVING!” I’d loaded up the park bag the night before and had (what I thought) was everything for the day.

We were at the bus stop and on a bus to MK at 8:30am. At this point I was a little worried that we weren’t going to make it there in time as our plan was to catch rope drop. Tracy had never seen a full rope drop before so I wanted to make sure she saw it.

Didn’t you remember my little bus schedule spreadsheet that said it was a 22 minute ride?? It was a gloriously sunny day and we were anxious to see the show. My kids had never seen it and I’d only seen a condensed version of it when it was raining in January and I was there with the Spectrum Moms.

We got to MK at 8:45am and fast walked to the front. We went through bag check but stopped there to watch because the plan was not to head into MK after rope drop.

I’d created a picture itinerary for Ariana to prepare her that we were going into Magic Kingdom only to watch the opening show, then turning around and heading back out. Though I can usually predict what will upset her, sometimes you just never know. The itinerary said we’d be back after breakfast so the plan was, as long as she knew that we were coming back, she’d be OK with leaving.

I recorded the show for anyone that wants to watch it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNygbGM-B7o

It was so fun and I was completely jealous that we were not the family of the day. A few pics before we headed out.....

Continued in next post…….

Me (Natalie) DD12 (Eryka) DD9 (Emma)

May 1989 offsite, May 1999 CBR, Feb 2008 Nickelodeon, Dec 2009 CR, Dec 2010 Pop, Oct 2011, Pop, Feb 2012 WL, Sept 2012 POR, Sept 2013 ASM, May 2014 Pop, Nov 2014 CBR
Old 10-21-2011, 09:15 AM   #77
Tinkermom76
Gawrsh

After rope drop we headed off to my favourite breakfast, Ohana at the Poly.

I plan to eat here every trip I love it that much!

We’ve had Ohana breakfast every trip we’ve taken. It’s a family favourite that we can’t miss.

All the yummy food arrived.

Don’t forget you finally got your lei!

They only came around once with the Mickey Waffles this time which I was a little disappointed in because I love those, but the Ohana juice was plentiful which is good because Tracy and I drank the table’s share (and more)

We asked our server to just leave the Ohana juice on our table and he eventually obliged. Filling my glass first, I’d be done by the time he made it around the table to everyone else.

Each of the characters made their appearance at the table. (...and it was at this point I realized I’d forgotten our autograph book in our room! )

Pluto

Lilo

Mickey

Stitch

Continued in next post……..

May 1989 offsite, May 1999 CBR, Feb 2008 Nickelodeon, Dec 2009 CR, Dec 2010 Pop, Oct 2011, Pop, Feb 2012 WL, Sept 2012 POR, Sept 2013 ASM, May 2014 Pop, Nov 2014 CBR

Last edited by Tinkermom76; 10-21-2011 at 09:21 AM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-21-2011, 09:16 AM   #78
Tinkermom76
Gawrsh

When we’d arrived at the restaurant, they had made birthday cards for Emma and Ariana but they’d put a really wonky name down instead of Ariana. I can’t even remember it, it wasn’t even close. After the characters and just before the parade, they came back with a new card and cupcakes for the girls. We sang the birthday song and Ariana had her little secret smile on.

Then was the parade and I taped that too. Eryka, Ariana and Demetri are at the beginning and Emma is just before Mickey but she’s behind someone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CAawpI8EJ6s

After breakfast we did a bit of shopping in the Poly store...

.... then headed back to MK to get some rides in.

We stopped at the front for a couple pics.

Tracy found her boyfriend on the front of the map

First, a few pics of Main Street and of course – the Castle!

Continued in next post……….

Last edited by Tinkermom76; 10-21-2011 at 09:24 AM.
Old 10-21-2011, 09:17 AM   #79
Tinkermom76
Gawrsh

Now during breakfast I had told Emma that I was going to make her go on Splash Mountain. I know, I know I am a terrible mother but you have to know Emma. She is scared of everything and if I never make her do anything she would do nothing.

When we got to MK she was crying and I could see she was stressing herself out so I asked Tracy if she minded if we went to Splash first otherwise Em was going to be stressed all day. She was good with that so we headed to Splash.

Now let me tell you she cried the whole way through the line and a couple times I almost said OK we won`t go on and I was worried that when we got to the ride that the CM`s would see her crying and not let her on but we got to the front very fast and our boat was ready and we were off!

Brave little Emma . Splash is Demetri’s favourite ride so he was thrilled to head there first. I have a tradition of taking pics of the kids on the Splash boats and she was a little trooper with her nervous smile.

She stayed very stuck to my side and I had Tracy warn me when all the drops were so I could tell her. In between drops she would look around at what was going on and when a drop came she would bury her face in my chest and hold me. I was really starting to feel like a bad parent, and then the BIG drop came. I warned her and she stuck her face in my chest. As soon as we finished the drop I told her it was over and she could look again. She turned to me and said “that was a little fun”. All feelings I had about being a bad mother were instantly gone. See her hiding in the picture?

Up next.... Our first scheduled DISmeet and Master Gracey Laid to Rest, No mourning please at his request!

Last edited by Tinkermom76; 10-21-2011 at 09:28 AM.
Old 10-21-2011, 09:20 AM   #80
Daddy_of_Princesses
The downside of being better than everyone else is that people tend to assume you're pretentious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkermom76 View Post
We know! We actually like being razzed by you, strange I know
Not strange at all. I am a loveable guy.

1987 - offsite / 1988 - offsite School Trip / 2007 - ASMo / 2010 - AKL and Poly / 2013 CB
Old 10-21-2011, 09:28 AM   #81
Tinkermom76
Gawrsh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddy_of_Princesses View Post
Not strange at all. I am a loveable guy.
I think it's cause you make us laugh

Old 10-21-2011, 09:49 AM   #82
mousescrapper
DIS Veteran

getting caught up ladies...glad I didn't miss too much.

sorry about the packing blunders

love the window decor...we have an awesome (IMHO) window decor...but from our room no one could see it...but I'll trade that for the view we had...

aww poor lady was lost...hopefully someone is loving her now...Bekah lost my MGM water bottle strap on the DME bus in 08

glad you made it too see the opening show Tracy

O'Hana is fun we'll be dining there in Jan!

too funny about you two drinking up all the juice
Old 10-21-2011, 11:10 AM   #83
Daddy_of_Princesses
The downside of being better than everyone else is that people tend to assume you're pretentious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkermom76 View Post
Don’t forget you finally got your lei!
Wait a minute. I went to Hawaii once, and didn't get a Lei, apparently you need to pay for this now, it's like $50. I stayed at the Polynesian because I wanted to get a Lei, and they gave me a fake one with yellow flowers. I'm looking at your pictures, and the Lei you get at breakfast is multi-colored.
So I paid a rediculous amount of money (minus the 40% discount) to stay at the resort, and you guys go for breakfast and get a better one!!!

I think I need to write my congressman to let them know that Disney is giving Canadians special stuff we Americans aren't getting!! And not just any Canadians, Bad Mom Canadians that force their kids to ride scary rides.

1987 - offsite / 1988 - offsite School Trip / 2007 - ASMo / 2010 - AKL and Poly / 2013 CB
Old 10-21-2011, 02:41 PM   #84
irish dancer
DIS Veteran

Looks like a great start to the day. The weather looks like it was absolutely amazing. Such a clear, sunny, blue sky day!

Haven't done Ohana for breakfast in a few trips, might be time to add that back on the list. We like it it's just that there are so many places we like that we can't fit them all in every trip.

Bummer on the forgotten autograph book. You should have Julie or Amy, our resident queen's of list making, put together a park bag checklist for you. Hey, that's a good idea I might do that too as it's usually too early to be thinking of all that on our trips.

Glad Emma liked Splash well enough, that's not one of Daniel's favorites either. He doesn't like that his butt comes out of his seat on the big drop.
Old 10-21-2011, 08:09 PM   #85
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

I love MK rope drop. I have to admit, I have the song on my iPod. "Welcome, welcome, welcome".

Ohana looks very very yummy. Good lookin' out just asking to have the awesome juice left at your table.

I know exactly what you mean about having Emma ride Splash Mountain. Especially if you have a little one that won't do anything unless they are made to. My niece is very similar to that.
Old 10-21-2011, 08:17 PM   #86
DisMomAmy
DIS Veteran

Fun morning! I'm glad Ariana was OK with heading to breakfast after the opening show. And I'm glad you finally got to see the real thing Tracy! And such a beautiful day for it!

Emma is so brave! Or forced to be brave... I'm glad she made it through. Curious to see if she rides it again.

@ Anne Marie - Yup, I've got one of those park bag check lists.
Old 10-21-2011, 08:27 PM   #87
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

Sounds like you had a good arrival day. Aww...but too bad about Lady. Poor Demetri!

Love the opening show at MK!! Tracy--I'm so glad you finally got a chance to see it. Ohana's looks like so much fun as usual! What a great start to the day! Cute Splash Mountain pic! Glad Emma thought Splash was at least a little fun. Hopefully, she liked it well enough to ride again.

Old 10-22-2011, 10:02 AM   #88
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

What a great morning. I will get to Ohanas one of these days. I need to do lunch and dinner. Both look great!

Glad Spalsh worked out for Emma. It was probably best you did it first. I don't bleame you for pushing her into it...sometimes they just need to rtide it and see what it is like. You know your child best.
Old 10-22-2011, 02:11 PM   #89
Tinkermom76
Gawrsh

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousescrapper View Post
getting caught up ladies...glad I didn't miss too much.

sorry about the packing blunders

love the window decor...we have an awesome (IMHO) window decor...but from our room no one could see it...but I'll trade that for the view we had...

aww poor lady was lost...hopefully someone is loving her now...Bekah lost my MGM water bottle strap on the DME bus in 08

glad you made it too see the opening show Tracy

O'Hana is fun we'll be dining there in Jan!

too funny about you two drinking up all the juice
I would trade people seeing the window for the view too!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddy_of_Princesses View Post
Wait a minute. I went to Hawaii once, and didn't get a Lei, apparently you need to pay for this now, it's like $50. I stayed at the Polynesian because I wanted to get a Lei, and they gave me a fake one with yellow flowers. I'm looking at your pictures, and the Lei you get at breakfast is multi-colored.
So I paid a rediculous amount of money (minus the 40% discount) to stay at the resort, and you guys go for breakfast and get a better one!!!

I think I need to write my congressman to let them know that Disney is giving Canadians special stuff we Americans aren't getting!! And not just any Canadians, Bad Mom Canadians that force their kids to ride scary rides.
Us Canadians are very special and deserve special Leis!!! I know I'm a bad mom but she kinda liked it so why not

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish dancer View Post
Looks like a great start to the day. The weather looks like it was absolutely amazing. Such a clear, sunny, blue sky day!

Haven't done Ohana for breakfast in a few trips, might be time to add that back on the list. We like it it's just that there are so many places we like that we can't fit them all in every trip.

Bummer on the forgotten autograph book. You should have Julie or Amy, our resident queen's of list making, put together a park bag checklist for you. Hey, that's a good idea I might do that too as it's usually too early to be thinking of all that on our trips.

Glad Emma liked Splash well enough, that's not one of Daniel's favorites either. He doesn't like that his butt comes out of his seat on the big drop.
She didn't say anything about her butt coming up but she did say the small drops were scarier than the big one

Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartDDuck View Post
I love MK rope drop. I have to admit, I have the song on my iPod. "Welcome, welcome, welcome".

Ohana looks very very yummy. Good lookin' out just asking to have the awesome juice left at your table.

I know exactly what you mean about having Emma ride Splash Mountain. Especially if you have a little one that won't do anything unless they are made to. My niece is very similar to that.
I made her ride a few rides this year, wait and see if she likes any of there

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisMomAmy View Post
Fun morning! I'm glad Ariana was OK with heading to breakfast after the opening show. And I'm glad you finally got to see the real thing Tracy! And such a beautiful day for it!

Emma is so brave! Or forced to be brave... I'm glad she made it through. Curious to see if she rides it again.

@ Anne Marie - Yup, I've got one of those park bag check lists.
Ariana was my worry when I suggested that we see the show then go to O'hana but Tracy assured me she would be fine if it was on the itinerary.

I wanted to do it that way so we didn't have to be at O'hana so early, we know how Tracy feels about her sleep!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angies1274 View Post
Sounds like you had a good arrival day. Aww...but too bad about Lady. Poor Demetri!

Love the opening show at MK!! Tracy--I'm so glad you finally got a chance to see it. Ohana's looks like so much fun as usual! What a great start to the day! Cute Splash Mountain pic! Glad Emma thought Splash was at least a little fun. Hopefully, she liked it well enough to ride again.
Poor Lady would not be the only toy there was issues with this trip

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
What a great morning. I will get to Ohanas one of these days. I need to do lunch and dinner. Both look great!

Glad Spalsh worked out for Emma. It was probably best you did it first. I don't bleame you for pushing her into it...sometimes they just need to rtide it and see what it is like. You know your child best.
I am not fond of Dinner at O'hana (bad experience in 2010) so I stick to breakfast

I forced her onto a few this trip and I'm making my list for next trip too

Old 10-22-2011, 03:43 PM   #90
ellajeansmom
Mouseketeer

Great start to your morning

Thanks for the video of the morning show. It is one of my must do's for Nov - even if I go on my own and the rest of them catch up with me later

I loved the 'Ohana juice, so I don't blame you at all for guzzling it down!

Glad Emma survived SM...definitely a good idea to hit that right away so the poor thing wasn't stressing all day

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: