Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-02-2012, 05:40 PM   #511
Tinkermom76
Gawrsh

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
Good to know. I plan on paying the extra $10 for earlybird checkin. I don't want to forget about doing it in the midst of fun.
If you are doing EBCI then you don't have to worry and your boarding pass will either be hanging on your room door or will be given to you when you check your bags

Me (Natalie) DD12 (Eryka) DD9 (Emma)

May 1989 offsite, May 1999 CBR, Feb 2008 Nickelodeon, Dec 2009 CR, Dec 2010 Pop, Oct 2011, Pop, Feb 2012 WL, Sept 2012 POR, Sept 2013 ASM, May 2014 Pop, Nov 2014 CBR
Old 05-04-2012, 06:37 PM   #512
JPFamilyMom
DIS Veteran

Location: That place between sleep and awake, where you can still remember dreaming

It does stink that you had to wait so long for your flight.

But you had a pretty amazing vacation, and for getting so much done on your to do list.
June 2004:ASsports -honeymoon Jan 2011: Kidani -Spectrum Moms take on the World March 2011: rental house- boys first trip Sept 2012: AoA-Cars Suite -UFT (ultimate field trip) Sept 2013: AoA-Lion King suite- MNSSHP May 2014:ASsports- Star Wars Weekends December 2014: POP- Tis the season to be jolly

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-04-2012, 08:33 PM   #513
Tinkermom76
Gawrsh

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPFamilyMom View Post
It does stink that you had to wait so long for your flight.

But you had a pretty amazing vacation, and for getting so much done on your to do list.
It was a pretty amazing vacation, and if Tracy will chime in we just found out it could have not happened so it's even more amazing!!!

Me (Natalie) DD12 (Eryka) DD9 (Emma)

May 1989 offsite, May 1999 CBR, Feb 2008 Nickelodeon, Dec 2009 CR, Dec 2010 Pop, Oct 2011, Pop, Feb 2012 WL, Sept 2012 POR, Sept 2013 ASM, May 2014 Pop, Nov 2014 CBR
Old 06-17-2012, 02:23 PM   #514
Mickey_Mom
DIS Veteran

Hi.

Remember me?

If anyone is still out there, would you mind if I posted my favorite pictures since I last left off in .... oh, let's say.... March?!

Great! When I last left off, we'd just finished a meet and greet with Mickey and Minnie and then welcomed a new edition to our little group.

So precious! From engagement to marriage to Baby Goofy... Natalie sure doesn't waste any time!

After heading out, we ran into the Dapper Dans.

The singer on the far left of the picture was bothering me. It kept nagging at me that he looked familiar and that I should know who he was. Eventually it came to me who he reminded me of.....

Brad Sherwood from Who's Line is it Anyway? (far right) Am I right??

On to the Laugh Floor.....

Then to Stitch.....

Evidently this pic was a no-no as immediately a CM came up to me and told me no pictures.... oops!

Into the shop where Stitch was being his usual naughty self on the ceiling of all places.....

Then off to Auntie Gravity's for some bubble and trash can fun....

Staying with the relaxing theme, we hopped aboard the Peoplemover and enjoyed a tour of Tomorrowland....

Then shimmied our way down to some fun with Buzz.....

Continued in next post......

Old 06-17-2012, 03:00 PM   #515
Mickey_Mom
DIS Veteran

Moving along to Space and "the incident"....

So here was my perspective of Ariana's second ride on Space with Natalie. Emma and I were just chilling out in the shade talking about her cats, when a crying Eryka ran up to me with a trailing Demetri to tell me that Ariana had been hurt and was coming down on the elevator. It wasn't really clear to me what she was saying and she was obviously freaked out, so I had her stay with Emma and Demetri and I hurried over to the ride CM. Hurt how? Elevator? What in the world.....?

A CM pointed me in the right direction and thoughts of what could have happened were swirling through my head when I came upon Natalie and Ariana at the end of the escalator thingie. Ariana was standing calm as can be and after a quick scan up and down her, I realized she looked just fine. Natalie on the other hand, looked anything but fine. She looked quite frazzled with her hair clippie out, breathing heavy, finger pointed and shaking it at Ariana saying, "Now don't you move!" Neither of them had seen me yet but I was relieved and chuckling when I approached them and cautiously asked what had happened. Natalie filled me in as a CM brought us Ariana's flip flops and there were stress releasing laughs as we made our way back to the kids. Hugs and assurances that all was fine and Ariana made us laugh by insisting we go back onto Space and ride.

We did go back, Ariana would have been devasted otherwise, but she was uncomfortable leaving me behind so Natalie and I switched spots in line and I went on a second time. On our way out of Tomorrowland, we next went on the Speedway.

Demetri was my partner and he was having a blast!!

On to the Teacups and since this ride just isn't my cup of tea the kiddos went on while Natalie and I begged off....

Then it was off to Dumbo!

Completely now outdated Fantasyland construction pics....

.... and then we booted over to Snow White's Scary Adventures to get our favorite princess ride in before she's gone

Into the gift shop next door where we saw something new for us....

.... then on to the Carousel.

One day I would love to see someone pull out the Sword in the Stone!

Continued in the next post.....

Old 06-17-2012, 03:35 PM   #516
Mickey_Mom
DIS Veteran

On to Mickey's Philharmagic....

.... then Pinocchio Haus for dinner. The kids loved that you could wave to everyone on Small World.

After dinner we were strolling along and paused and the Cinderella fountain. I paused to take a picture of that side of the Castle....

... a favorite view of mine, when I noticed someone lying on the ground.

One more favorite view.....

Then a casual stroll taking pictures of the Main Street Halloween decorations.....

Waiting for the Princesses, we had our bit of magic for the day and got to see the MNSSHP princesses with their princes. Can you tell that Ariana was THRILLED to see the princes?

Oddly enough she pretty much ignored Flynn at first....

.... but then was quite interested when he showed the kids what was in his satchel.

A hug from Cinderella....

..... and it was a wink and a goodnight for the Magic Kingdom!

Continued in the next post......

Old 06-17-2012, 04:24 PM   #517
Mickey_Mom
DIS Veteran

On to our Epcot day, the first day of the F&W festival and Magic Kingdom's 40th anniversary. When we first arrived at Epcot, seeing the crowds that were already there I was seriously thinking about bailing. But we had our reservation for Biergarten so we braved on.

Test Track!

Systems check..... check!

A sweet meet with Alice....

.... and a sweet treat with Mickey!

The kids got their Kimmunicator....

.... and the adults got their libations!

Not quite as yummy as it looked, but still refreshing.

A few scenic shots on our way to saving the world....

.... and the mission begins!!

We had to of course put all of our heroics on hold whilst we treated ourselves to yummy goodness that comes from Germany....

.... and oh yes, the world can hang on just a little longer while we selfishly indulged in a little pick-a-pearl fun. Right?

Twins!!

All right, enough.... now back to being super heroes!

Good has triumphed, medals have been awarded and now it's time to have a bit of fun in the UK maze.

But then it's back to Germany for dinner! A CM was sweet to pin trade with Duffy....

.... and Demetri went dancing while Ariana got another Birthday card.

Like Natalie, I was happy we tried Biergarten and I hadn't expected Ariana to enjoy it as much as she did, but I really didn't eat very much. Though fun, it won't be on my must do list.

Heading out, Demetri again asked to take some pictures....

Continued in next post....

Old 06-17-2012, 04:30 PM   #518
Mickey_Mom
DIS Veteran

Leaving the crowds behind, we took a boat to the Boardwalk area....

..... and enjoyed some entertainment. This guy really was funny.

This time the wait at Beaches and Cream wasn't too bad. At last we'd go!

The Kitchen Sink!! Yummy but next time will be that scrumptious looking No Way Jose

A detour for some balloons.....

.... and another great day had come to an end.

Old 06-17-2012, 05:10 PM   #519
Mickey_Mom
DIS Veteran

Our last full day and we were back to the Magic Kingdom

A quick hug and a hello to an old friend.....

.... and we were off for Main Street shopping!

Or Main-Street-trying-on-silly-hats shopping, whichever you prefer. One of my favorite things to do in Disney!

Another one of my favorites? Dole Whips!

Enjoyed whilst waiting for Tinkerbell. One of my very favorite pictures from our trip was this next one. We really must do more of these silly poses with the characters on our next trip.....

On to Splash Mountain where we 'may get wet'.

Yup. We got wet.

We then headed over to Haunted Mansion and said a quick hello to Mr. Toad.

A leisurely stroll and we were at Liberty Tree Tavern for a late lunch.

If you can believe it, my first burger of the trip and it was delicious!

Back out for a few more rides.....

.... so glad we got to go one last time on Snow White.

Then it was time to party! Our second MNSSHP and we knew exactly where we were heading first - Jack!

Continued in the next post.....

Old 06-17-2012, 05:15 PM   #520
Mickey_Mom
DIS Veteran

Many more characters to see.....

I tried to get a snazzy photo of the Castle while someone had a Mickey balloon in front, but this was the best I could get while moving along....

I remember while waiting in line for the step sisters I sent a text off to my buddy back home who runs a lottery pool with me at our work. I was asking him if we'd won so that I could stay there longer. No such luck.

We headed back for more princess/prince meets and took a quick break while in line.

This time Ariana was much more interested in the princesses and dancing with them. They were only too happy to oblige.....

Another favorite moment from this trip was a very, very nice CM who was asking the children in costumes for their autographs. The kids were thrilled to sign her book as their respective characters. Eryka was first and I wasn't quick enough to snap her picture.

Love it! That was such an awesome thing to do.

Cinderella's Coach and many more characters....

Ariana was happy to be given so much attention from the Fairy Godmother, one of her favorite characters! She got kisses and hugs and also got to dance.... OK, it was actually Kathy (KathyRN) who we'd been trying to get together with all night and finally got to meet with!

And we also got to say hello to Whitney (20thingamabobs) and her Mom! We were texting one another where we were and while waiting for Jafar we ended up being steps away from one another.

A too short, but nice meet and we were off to accomplish our respective to-do lists for the rest of the party.

Continued in next post.....

Old 06-17-2012, 05:44 PM   #521
Mickey_Mom
DIS Veteran

Finishing up, we played a game, trick or treated and watched the Boo to You Parade from the front of the park.

We headed back to Pop. I'm sooooooo glad we did two MNSSHP parties this trip. We got to do everything we wanted! Next trip we're doing one and will pick our favorites

Our last day was slow, calm and very relaxing. We'd decided to skip a quick MK trip and chill out at the resort instead while we awaited our ride on the Magical Depress bus.

We met for breakfast and saw Kathy again where she so sweetly had made goodie bags for the kids.

Then it was just a matter of getting our bags to luggage check, chilling by the pool, playing ping pong, one last lunch and awaiting our ride.

Our traditional pictures with Snow White at the airport and our trip was officially at an end.....

Old 06-17-2012, 06:26 PM   #522
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

I'm still here and remember you!

Sounds like a good ending to the trip. I can't wait to try our first MNSSHP this year!
Old 06-18-2012, 10:51 AM   #523
Moodyzblu
DIS Veteran

What a great ending to your trip ! Loved all the pics. Looks like you all had a great time at the party too.
Thanks for sharing your trip with us !

Come check out ..
Jayden's Wish pre-trip report !
It Smells Like Elephant and Forbidden Journey's Wish Trip Report ... in progress
The Moodys Do Disneyland!
Youtube channel ... http://www.youtube.com/user/Moodyzblu
Old 06-18-2012, 09:47 PM   #524
JPFamilyMom
DIS Veteran

Location: That place between sleep and awake, where you can still remember dreaming

Love all the pictures Tracy? Ping Pong by the pool, cool. So much to comment on... What great memories you made
June 2004:ASsports -honeymoon Jan 2011: Kidani -Spectrum Moms take on the World March 2011: rental house- boys first trip Sept 2012: AoA-Cars Suite -UFT (ultimate field trip) Sept 2013: AoA-Lion King suite- MNSSHP May 2014:ASsports- Star Wars Weekends December 2014: POP- Tis the season to be jolly

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: