Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-27-2012, 04:51 PM   #496
Tinkermom76
Gawrsh

After the fairies we headed to POTC

After the ride everyone wanted to ride Splash again but Emma didnít want to ride again so we went to visit my Fiancť

Goofy was after her Lady

We went to meet everyone at Splash

Then we went to ride the Haunted Mansion

It was time for our lunch reservation at Liberty Tree. We checked in and didnít have to wait too long to be seated.

I believe I got a burger but the best part of the meal was the Ooey Gooey Toffee cake

Lunch was good here. I had only ever had dinner here so lunch was a nice change.

Leaving Liberty Square I thought it was neat that you can see the Contemporary

We decided after lunch to hit a few favourites. The carousel, Snow white (since it would be gone soon) and Space Mountain.

Leaving Tomorrowland we saw the wristband distribution so we stopped to get ours

Love the costumes

We made our way to the lockers to change into our costumes and then hightailed it over to the Jack Sparrow line. We were not going to miss him this time

In line there was a Rapunzel after her hair was cut

Me (Natalie) DD12 (Eryka) DD9 (Emma)

May 1989 offsite, May 1999 CBR, Feb 2008 Nickelodeon, Dec 2009 CR, Dec 2010 Pop, Oct 2011, Pop, Feb 2012 WL, Sept 2012 POR, Sept 2013 ASM, May 2014 Pop, Dec 2014 CBR
Old 04-27-2012, 04:52 PM   #497
Tinkermom76
Gawrsh

We finally got to meet JackÖ. Errr CAPTAIN Jack

He liked my hatÖ I think because heís as mad as the Hatter

Jack started a Character-palooza for us so here they are

May 1989 offsite, May 1999 CBR, Feb 2008 Nickelodeon, Dec 2009 CR, Dec 2010 Pop, Oct 2011, Pop, Feb 2012 WL, Sept 2012 POR, Sept 2013 ASM, May 2014 Pop, Dec 2014 CBR
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-27-2012, 04:54 PM   #498
Tinkermom76
Gawrsh

More picsÖÖ.

The character meets this night really made up for the other party night where we barely saw any.

We decided to watch the parade again but didnít take any pictures and just enjoyed it. Tracy left with her kids after the parade and me and the girls took one last look through the shops before heading back.

Old 04-27-2012, 05:02 PM   #499
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Is that Tracy in the fairy godmother outfit?

If so, where did she get it?
We are going to the last MNSSP party this year and I am trying to think of something easy to do for myself......that was one option I was thinking of.
Old 04-27-2012, 05:05 PM   #500
Tinkermom76
Gawrsh

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
Is that Tracy in the fairy godmother outfit?

If so, where did she get it?
We are going to the last MNSSP party this year and I am trying to think of something easy to do for myself......that was one option I was thinking of.
Nope that is Kathy... totally forgot to mention there that we met up with her

Shes on here somewhere, maybe she will pipe up and tell you where she got it

Old 04-27-2012, 05:10 PM   #501
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkermom76 View Post
Nope that is Kathy... totally forgot to mention there that we met up with her

Shes on here somewhere, maybe she will pipe up and tell you where she got it
Ok...I thought it sure didn't look like her, but maybe it was part of her costume set up...yes I hope she chimes in...
Old 04-27-2012, 08:32 PM   #502
JPFamilyMom
DIS Veteran

Location: That place between sleep and awake, where you can still remember dreaming

What a fun MNSSHP evening, you did get to see a lot of characters

So cool you got to meet up with Kathy, Wow she makes a good Fairy Godmother

How is the Liberty Tree dinner compared to the lunch? You said you usually do the dinner, so I'm curious for the purpose of future planning

Love all the kids costumes, and so cool you got the girls with their princess/prince combos
June 2004:ASsports -honeymoon Jan 2011: Kidani -Spectrum Moms take on the World March 2011: rental house- boys first trip Sept 2012: AoA-Cars Suite -UFT (ultimate field trip) Sept 2013: AoA-Lion King suite- MNSSHP May 2014:ASsports- Star Wars Weekends December 2014: POP- Tis the season to be jolly

Old 04-28-2012, 08:24 AM   #503
Tinkermom76
Gawrsh

Quote:
Ok...I thought it sure didn't look like her, but maybe it was part of her costume set up...yes I hope she chimes in...
It was a great costume!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPFamilyMom View Post
What a fun MNSSHP evening, you did get to see a lot of characters

So cool you got to meet up with Kathy, Wow she makes a good Fairy Godmother

How is the Liberty Tree dinner compared to the lunch? You said you usually do the dinner, so I'm curious for the purpose of future planning

Love all the kids costumes, and so cool you got the girls with their princess/prince combos
I did like both meals at Liberty Tree but they are very different. The dinner is family style Turkey, stuffing, mashed and cranberries (typical Thanksgiving type food)

At lunch you get to order from the menu so everyone can pick their own food (which is good if your family has a lot of different food tastes)

I enjoyed both meals there so i think it's more about personal preference

Old 04-30-2012, 07:34 AM   #504
Daddy_of_Princesses
The downside of being better than everyone else is that people tend to assume you're pretentious.

Quote:
you kill me... I only have 2 more days to do and one is the day we leave so I'm actually hoping to finish it by the end of the weekend. If I don't feel free to harass me all you like
Quote:
If not on here then on facebook I'm sure

it sounds like a challenge to finish by the end of the weekend
So is there some kind of 3-day weekend holiday thing going on in Canada? I could swear someone promised this TR would be done by the end of the weekend.

1987 - offsite / 1988 - offsite School Trip / 2007 - ASMo / 2010 - AKL and Poly / 2013 CB
Old 04-30-2012, 04:43 PM   #505
Tinkermom76
Gawrsh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddy_of_Princesses View Post
So is there some kind of 3-day weekend holiday thing going on in Canada? I could swear someone promised this TR would be done by the end of the weekend.
I said the weekend, but not which weekend... I don't see a date there

Old 04-30-2012, 04:53 PM   #506
Tinkermom76
Gawrsh

Day 11 Ė Monday October 3

Last Day

We got up and went to have breakfast at Pop. Our flight wasnít till 7:15pm so we were in no rush.

Tracy and the kids met us there and then Kathy showed up. She gave the kids the cutest Halloween bags with Halloween treats inside. Thank you so much Kathy for including my kids, especially since you had only met them the night before. You are very sweet!

After breakfast I headed back to the room to finish packing so I could check out.

The plan was to head to MK for a couple of hours but the kids told me they would rather just stay at the hotel and swim Do these kids know this is our last day?????? Ok it is a vacation so if you wanna swim, swimming it is.

I told Tracy how the kids felt and she agreed too to stay at the hotel.

We went and checked our bags (love resort airline check in) and then made our way to the pool and found a spot to camp for the day.

The kids took off to swim

As soon as Petals opened I ordered a Pina Colava (it is a vacation!!!)

We got lunch and hung out a bit

Eryka played some trivia and won a couple times

I got the kids changed and then we played a few games in the arcade. Then it was time to catch our bus

When we got to the airport we decided get some food and since we havenít had it in a while we got McDonalds

After we ate we checked the board to see what gate and it said 11:45pm. Now I know it has been a long week but I canít be off by that much. We went to the Southwest counter and the guy said yes the flight was delayed by 4 and a half hours. I couldnít believe it. If only we had known earlier we could be relaxin at Pop not stuck in the airport for 6 hours.

They did give us a $100 credit each which was ok but still 6 hours is a long time

We stopped to shop at the Disney Store and I got a behind the Magic DVD to watch on my Laptop.

We went through security and made our way to the gate.

Emma and Demetri were playing, Eryka was reading, I was on my laptop, Ariana was on Tracyís Laptop and I think Tracy was reading. I know it was quiet as it got later and we started to board the plane around 11pm.

We arrived in Buffalo just before 2am and my brother was there to pick up me and the girls.

I got back to my place just before 5am

Maybe not the best way to end a vacation but it was a great trip!

Old 04-30-2012, 05:01 PM   #507
Tinkermom76
Gawrsh

Now I would like to go over our Park lists from our PTR and see how well we did. Orange items we did, black ones we missed

Magic Kingdom

• MK opening show
  • Mickey &Minnie @ Town Square Theatre
  • Mickey ears
  • Rapunzel & Flynn (this meet changed locations only to the party in Town Square Theatre)
  • Swiss Family Treehouse (closed for refurb)
  • Jungle Cruise
  • POTC
  • Dole Whip
  • Splash
  • BTMRR
  • Tom Sawyer Island
  • Hall of Presidents
  • River boat
  • Haunted Mansion
  • IASM
  • Peter Pan
  • Philharmagic
  • Carousel
  • Dumbo
  • Winnie The Pooh
  • Tea Party
  • Tomorrowland Speedway
  • Space Mountain
  • People Mover
  • Buzz
  • Stitch
  • Laugh Floor
  • Celebrate a Dream Come True Parade
  • Wishes ( canít believe we didnít see it)
  • Electrical Parade
  • Things we did that were not on list
  • Magic Carpets
  • Snow White

I think we did great. Tree house was closed so we couldnít do it. I still canít believe we didnít see Wishes the whole trip, as well as the new Magic, Memories and you show. I think missing that is my biggest regret from the trip

Epcot

• Soarin
  • Circle of Life
  • Nemo
  • Turtle Talk
  • Character Spot
  • Test Track
  • Spaceship Earth
  • Illuminations
  • Pick a Pearl
  • Kim Possible
I still canít believe we missed Illuminations on 2 Epcot days. For my next trip we are only doing Epcot one day. The girls arenít as happy with it and it just makes it a bad day with all that walking.

DHS

• Parade
  • F!
  • TSM
  • Jedi Training (did we forget about this?)
  • GMR
  • Star Tours
  • Indiana Jones (just couldnít work in the show time)
  • LMA
  • Backlot tour (couldnít fit this in)
  • Beauty and the Beast
  • One Manís Dream
  • Little Mermaid
  • Magic of Disney Animation
  • Playhouse Disney (I donít know how much the kids would really like this anyway)
  • ToT
  • RnR
  • Phineaus & Ferb
  • Mike and Sully (Sully was on a break)
  • Streetmosphere
We did a lot in 2 days at DHS, but missd a couple things that will move to the top of my list for next year

AK

• Safari
  • Camp Minnie Mickey
  • FOTLK
  • Discovery Island Trails
  • ITTBAB (skipped)
  • Rafikiís planet Watch (skipped)
  • Flights of Wonder (skipped)
  • Kali River Rapids
  • EE
  • Parade (skipped)
It was 111 degrees this day and we just decided we had enough, We did the really important things on the list then left to swim.

MNSSHP
  • Parade
  • Fireworks
  • HM Photopass shots
  • Villains show
  • Trick or Treating
  • Dwarfs
  • Captain Jack
  • Maleficent
  • Evil Queen
  • Dr Facillier
  • Red Queen
  • Minnie Mickey
  • Princesses and Princes
  • Pooh and Friends
  • Jafar
  • Lotso
  • The Tremaines
  • Gaston
  • Buzz
  • Cinderellaís Coach
  • Donald and Daisy
DTD

Did not make it here

I think overall we did a really good job of completing our lists. We had to make choices to skip some items for either heat or lack of time.
All in all it was a great vacation!!!

Old 05-01-2012, 06:18 PM   #508
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

You did do quite a bit. so be proud!!!

I can't believe you had to wait 6 hours. I better see if I can get a SW app on my phone so I don't get that problem in Nov.

This will be my first SW experience. Do you have your boarding passes printed at the resort then?
Old 05-01-2012, 09:37 PM   #509
Tinkermom76
Gawrsh

Quote:
You did do quite a bit. so be proud!!!

I can't believe you had to wait 6 hours. I better see if I can get a SW app on my phone so I don't get that problem in Nov.

This will be my first SW experience. Do you have your boarding passes printed at the resort then?
There is a SW app and I did have it on my phone on that trip, and still I didn't check (lesson learned)

If you do the SW check-in 24 hours before your flight (can be done on your phone on the app as well) then the hotel just knows you checked in (Disney magic) and your boarding passes will be hanging on your door like the Magical Express documents

The kids were all extremely well behaved at the airport for 6 hours and I am very proud of them all!

Old 05-02-2012, 01:50 PM   #510
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
There is a SW app and I did have it on my phone on that trip, and still I didn't check (lesson learned)

If you do the SW check-in 24 hours before your flight (can be done on your phone on the app as well) then the hotel just knows you checked in (Disney magic) and your boarding passes will be hanging on your door like the Magical Express documents

The kids were all extremely well behaved at the airport for 6 hours and I am very proud of them all!
Good to know. I plan on paying the extra $10 for earlybird checkin. I don't want to forget about doing it in the midst of fun.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: