Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-21-2012, 05:36 PM   #481
Tinkermom76
Gawrsh

Day 9 – Saturday October 1(MK 40th Anniversary)

Park – Epcot

Reservations – Biergarten

Today was Magic Kingdom’s 40th anniversary. When planning this trip I was watching very carefully to see what kind of celebrations there would be that day but no information was coming. This was really frustrating me and I kept flipping on whether we should go to MK or try to hit Epcot. This also happened to be the beginning of Food and Wine as well so I figured we were screwed either way. Tracy and I talked about it and we decided Epcot would be a better bet. It’s bigger and holds crowds better.

I was up at 7:30 but we were in no rush. I know I tried to get some stuff straightened up in the room so there wouldn’t be as much packing to do the next day. We headed off to Pop for breakfast and then caught the bus to Epcot.

I got a text from my friends at home that it was below freezing in Canada so I made sure to post some bright sunny pictures on facebook

The kids wanted to ride Test Track first so they all went on it and Em and I people watched, well I watched Em walking all over with the stroller

Next we wanted to head to Soarin but we ran into Alice on the way

I thought the no Stroller sign was cute

We rode soarin then made our way to the World Showcase
We saw the cranberry display on the way

We grabbed a Kim Possible Fastpass

We took some pics in Italy

So we made our way to get a Kimunicator and we let the kids take turns using it.

Did we save the world you ask? Well of course we did, you are still here aren’t you

Since we were in Germany we decided to get a treat

It was good but I would get something different next time

This is what the crowds looked like (maybe we should have braved MK)

Me (Natalie) DD12 (Eryka) DD9 (Emma)

May 1989 offsite, May 1999 CBR, Feb 2008 Nickelodeon, Dec 2009 CR, Dec 2010 Pop, Oct 2011, Pop, Feb 2012 WL, Sept 2012 POR, Sept 2013 ASM, May 2014 Pop, Nov 2014 CBR
Old 04-21-2012, 05:39 PM   #482
Tinkermom76
Gawrsh

Next we stopped in Japan since we all had some pearls to pick. I got 3, one for me, one for Eryka and one for my other friend Tracy

I took a look in the stroller and this is what Emma looked like

So we decided to do another mission. Here are demetri and Eryka looking for a clue

We decided to take the boat across to Canada

What were they doing to our country?

We couldn’t find anything we really wanted to do in Canada or the UK so we walked to Germany. We had reservations for Biergerten but we were 40 minutes early. Tracy decided to check in anyway and we were seated a few minutes later.

The entertainment was good and Em got to trade pins with a German Duffy

Emma made a friend

And she got a cute birthday card

The food was ok. I wouldn’t rush to eat there again but I`m glad I tried it and if I was at Epcot and stuck for somewhere I would go there

After dinner we walked to the International Gateway and along the way we saw Taylor Dayne singing at the eat to the beat concert series. It was funny when Tracy and I started singing along

When we got to the IG my feet were really sore so we decided to take a boat to the Boardwalk

May 1989 offsite, May 1999 CBR, Feb 2008 Nickelodeon, Dec 2009 CR, Dec 2010 Pop, Oct 2011, Pop, Feb 2012 WL, Sept 2012 POR, Sept 2013 ASM, May 2014 Pop, Nov 2014 CBR
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-21-2012, 05:41 PM   #483
Tinkermom76
Gawrsh

When we got off the boat there was this street performer and he was great. He did some plate spinning and had a helper from the audience and he was so funny. I wish we had gotten there sooner cause I would have loved to see his whole act

We took a stroll around the Boardwalk on our way to the Bach Club

We got to the BC and we were told we would have to wait up to an hour for a table at Beaches and Cream. Tracy had to decide if we were going to wait as that would mean we would miss Illuminations again and we wouldn’t have another chance to see it.

She decided to stay so we waited and it wasn’t quite an hour, maybe half an hour.

We knew exactly what we wanted

The Kitchen Sink! We figured with 6 of us we would have a good chance to finish it

They brought out balloons for Ariana and Emma

Then it arrived

OMG it was sooooo good!!!!! I loved very little bit of that way more than I thought I would!

So did we finish it?

Heck no

There is a lot of ice cream in there.

So we were going to go back through Epcot but it was closed now for a private party for the family of the marathon runners Grrrrrr

So we went into the Yacht Club and Emma’s balloon came right off her string and floated up to the ceiling

Well Em started to cry and a CM walked by and I asked her if there was any chance she had a balloon I could give her. She came back with this

This made Emma very happy!!!

So we headed out front to the bus stop and only had to wait a minute for a DTD bus. When we got to DTD we got off and I asked where we could find a bus to Pop and the CM said you just got off one so we hopped right back on

We got back to Pop and were very ready for bed

Old 04-21-2012, 07:26 PM   #484
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Ooooohhhh, the Kitchen Sink! So tempting to try, but I'm so afraid of it. I'm actually afraid that I'll eat way too much of it.

Those were hefty looking crowds at Epcot. I think you guys made the right decision, because after seeing some pictures of what was going on at the Magic Kingdom, I said no way!

Follow me on Instagram: @keep_calm_love_disney
Follow me on Twitter: @disney_voss
Danielle

In progress TRs:
My Fork and I Are Friends - Nov 14 TR
They Don't Eat Hash Browns in Princessland - May 14 TR
Completed TRs:
Jan 14 TR July.13 Apr. 13
Nov.12 July.12 Jan.12 Nov. '11 July '11 Feb. '11 Nov. 10 and Jan. 11 Oct. '09.
Old 04-22-2012, 01:25 PM   #485
mousescrapper
DIS Veteran

Some great updates ladies

Looks like you had some serious busy but fun days at DHS. MK. And EP....impressed

Love the pictures w/ the Princeses too
Old 04-22-2012, 01:41 PM   #486
JPFamilyMom
DIS Veteran

Location: That place between sleep and awake, where you can still remember dreaming

Wow I'm so impressed that you all tried to tackle the Kitchen sink, and it looks like you all managed to eat a good amount

That crowd at Epcot looks insane, but it sounds like you still got a good amount done.
I love Emma's dress
June 2004:ASsports -honeymoon Jan 2011: Kidani -Spectrum Moms take on the World March 2011: rental house- boys first trip Sept 2012: AoA-Cars Suite -UFT (ultimate field trip) Sept 2013: AoA-Lion King suite- MNSSHP May 2014:ASsports- Star Wars Weekends December 2014: POP- Tis the season to be jolly

Old 04-22-2012, 08:30 PM   #487
Tinkermom76
Gawrsh

Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartDDuck View Post
Ooooohhhh, the Kitchen Sink! So tempting to try, but I'm so afraid of it. I'm actually afraid that I'll eat way too much of it.

Those were hefty looking crowds at Epcot. I think you guys made the right decision, because after seeing some pictures of what was going on at the Magic Kingdom, I said no way!
Ya I don't know what park would have been safe that day... my next trip I have hoppers so if I have crowds like that again I will leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousescrapper View Post
Some great updates ladies

Looks like you had some serious busy but fun days at DHS. MK. And EP....impressed

Love the pictures w/ the Princeses too
Aren't all days at Disney fun days???

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPFamilyMom View Post
Wow I'm so impressed that you all tried to tackle the Kitchen sink, and it looks like you all managed to eat a good amount

That crowd at Epcot looks insane, but it sounds like you still got a good amount done.
I love Emma's dress
Emma loves her dress too!

Old 04-23-2012, 08:12 AM   #488
Daddy_of_Princesses
The downside of being better than everyone else is that people tend to assume you're pretentious.

I did a quick calculation based on the time between updates, and the remaining time of this trip, and came to the conclusion that this PTR will be completed Dec, 22nd, 2012. Unfortunately for all us readers the Mayan Calendar has the world ending on Dec 21st, 2012.

1987 - offsite / 1988 - offsite School Trip / 2007 - ASMo / 2010 - AKL and Poly / 2013 CB
Old 04-23-2012, 01:50 PM   #489
Tinkermom76
Gawrsh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddy_of_Princesses View Post
I did a quick calculation based on the time between updates, and the remaining time of this trip, and came to the conclusion that this PTR will be completed Dec, 22nd, 2012. Unfortunately for all us readers the Mayan Calendar has the world ending on Dec 21st, 2012.
you kill me... I only have 2 more days to do and one is the day we leave so I'm actually hoping to finish it by the end of the weekend. If I don't feel free to harass me all you like

Old 04-24-2012, 08:29 AM   #490
Daddy_of_Princesses
The downside of being better than everyone else is that people tend to assume you're pretentious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkermom76 View Post
you kill me... I only have 2 more days to do and one is the day we leave so I'm actually hoping to finish it by the end of the weekend. If I don't feel free to harass me all you like
I am very glad that you don't take me seriously, however even if you do somehow manage to finish this TR by the end of the weekend, I am still going to harass you.
I would harass your co-conspiritor, but she has been MIA for quite some time now, so it isn't nearly as much fun.

1987 - offsite / 1988 - offsite School Trip / 2007 - ASMo / 2010 - AKL and Poly / 2013 CB
Old 04-24-2012, 04:47 PM   #491
Tinkermom76
Gawrsh

Quote:
I am very glad that you don't take me seriously, however even if you do somehow manage to finish this TR by the end of the weekend, I am still going to harass you.
I would harass your co-conspiritor, but she has been MIA for quite some time now, so it isn't nearly as much fun.
If not on here then on facebook I'm sure

it sounds like a challenge to finish by the end of the weekend

Old 04-24-2012, 05:37 PM   #492
Mickey_Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hey, I resemble that remark....

I have to catch up again with my favorite pics to compliment Natalie's awesome updates Darn work blocks all the fun stuff!
Old 04-25-2012, 07:45 AM   #493
Daddy_of_Princesses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey_Mom View Post
Hey, I resemble that remark....

I have to catch up again with my favorite pics to compliment Natalie's awesome updates Darn work blocks all the fun stuff!
I have a simple solution for your problem. Quit your job. No work to get in the way of DIS. I know, I know, I'm a genius.

Old 04-27-2012, 04:46 PM   #494
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

I'm caught up again... With Dis acting whacky, it's been hard. I have to admit I've been pretty slow with my own TR too, but I did get a few more updates on it this past week. Where does the day go.

I love Beaches and Cream...MMMM! The no way jose is the one for me. It's like pure heaven!
Old 04-27-2012, 05:49 PM   #495
Tinkermom76
Gawrsh

Day 10 – Sunday October 2

Park – MK & MNSSHP

Reservations – Liberty Tree

This is our last full day in Disney and I woke up to the Magical Express documents hanging on my door

After we were ready we went to the food court for some breakfast. Tracy and I decided since we have all day at MK we could go back to the rooms and get some backing done now so we wouldn’t have as much to do in the morning.

After we had some packing done we made our way to the bus stop. It was 11am and this is what the bus looks like at that time

At the entrance we got a locker since we had all the costumes with us for the party tonight

We stopped and had a little visit with Roy

We went into the stores to shop a little and tried on some hats

Next we stopped for a treat, I love Dole Whip Floats!!!!

Since the fairies we right there we thought we would stop to say hi
First up was Vidia

Then was Tink

We all saw Emma was making faces

So everyone else joined in

Tink thought it was so funny and they all had fun! What a great character meet

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: