Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-13-2012, 10:56 PM   #436
Tinkermom76
Gawrsh

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPFamilyMom View Post
What fun Umbrella shots, yours is really GREAT!!! Where is that photo op, I see it in so many Tr's but I don't remember ever passing it on my previous trips, would like to take the time to take some pictures next trip.

Can't wait to see what else you conquered in DHS
Right at the bottom of the Streets of America, sort of across from Lights Motor Action

This was the first trip I got these great shots too

Me (Natalie) DD12 (Eryka) DD9 (Emma)

May 1989 offsite, May 1999 CBR, Feb 2008 Nickelodeon, Dec 2009 CR, Dec 2010 Pop, Oct 2011, Pop, Feb 2012 WL, Sept 2012 POR, Sept 2013 ASM, May 2014 Pop, Nov 2014 CBR
Old 03-14-2012, 06:37 PM   #437
Tinkermom76
Gawrsh

Next we had to go meet Mike!!!

I wonder what Emma was saying, doesn’t she look like a little mom with her hands on her hips

Eryka was so excited when she found out that Phineas and Ferb were meeting here so we had to make sure we got to see them. The line was pretty long and it was really hot but this was a MUST. While waiting in line they pretend they are filming a movie with different P&F scenes and they get the kids involved. Both Eryka and Demetri ended up getting picked for it

Then we got to meet them!

We noticed Lights, Motors, Action! Was about to start and they had just added Lightning to it so we were in!

We stopped for a bathroom break and to fill up out water (it was really hot) I had to get this picture

I promise it didn’t fall on her

May 1989 offsite, May 1999 CBR, Feb 2008 Nickelodeon, Dec 2009 CR, Dec 2010 Pop, Oct 2011, Pop, Feb 2012 WL, Sept 2012 POR, Sept 2013 ASM, May 2014 Pop, Nov 2014 CBR
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-14-2012, 06:38 PM   #438
Tinkermom76
Gawrsh

Now it was almost time for the parade so we stopped for a snack (which I believe Ariana got for free for her birthday!) and then we found a spot

Since it was hot we figured the Little Mermaid was a good way to cool off

Then we knew we still had some time before our dinner ressie so we went to see some characters

Old 03-14-2012, 06:39 PM   #439
Tinkermom76
Gawrsh

Then we made our way over to Mama Melrose. I had never been here before and I heard mixed reviews about it. When we checked in we were told they were running 30 minutes behind (here we go again)

We decided to go look in the Christmas Shop and I got my 2011 Ornament, then I took the picture of the girls I take every year

We made our way back to a very crowded waiting area of the restaurant and we waited, and waited, and waited. I said to Tracy that I was not impressed and the food had better be good. We had booked the Fantasmic dinner package so I didn’t want to just skip it or we wouldn’t get the dinner seating.

We started with drinks and I got the Sangria again (YUMMMMMM) What did you have Tracy???

For an App I ordered the Cesar Salad and let me tell you this was the best one I have ever had. I swear they were growing the lettuce in the kitchen it was that fresh

For my Entrée I got the Charred Strip Steak and OMG this was DELISH (I am starting to forget how long we had to wait)

For dessert I had the Panna Cotta

Now let me tell you this was the BEST meal I have had at WDW and I wished we had a reservation there the next night too. They made up for the wait and I’m glad I waited!

Old 03-14-2012, 06:41 PM   #440
Tinkermom76
Gawrsh

After dinner we made our way to Cover Story so we could add the pics from the P&F movie shoot to our PP card and then we were off to see Fantasmic.

We finally found our seats after almost exiting the theatre (no one directs you where to go). The seats for the dinner package are to the very far right of the theatre. I don’t mind this cause I know the boat goes right by and there are 3 water screens and one is right by there. The people behind us however were not happy with their VIP seating area and continued to complain about it right up till the show started (when I tuned them out )
Of course the show was good and I would get the dinner package again because I kinda like the seats.

Crowd Shot

Now when the show was over let me tell you it was a huge crowd trying to get out. I almost wished it was an EMH night.

The bus stop was no better either and I believe it took us almost an hour to get out of there. Next time it’s like that I think I will take a cab
All in all this was a really great day!!!

Old 03-14-2012, 10:10 PM   #441
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

I really want to catch Phineas and Ferb in Nov...where exactly are they at? I hate to say it, but I am not very good at finding my way around HS.
I'm glad you meal was great after that long wait. I too have read mixed reviews about it as well.
We have never seen F! yet..and I have a secret...I have no desire too. Maybe when Claire gets older we'll give it a try.
Old 03-15-2012, 08:07 PM   #442
Kathy Jetson
DIS Veteran

Natalie I love your jumping picture!

I think P&F was the longest line we waited in on our last vacation. But there was no way we were going to miss them.

I can't wait to see what happens next.
Old 03-15-2012, 09:33 PM   #443
JPFamilyMom
DIS Veteran

Location: That place between sleep and awake, where you can still remember dreaming

What a fun rest of the day at DHS. How fun meeting Phineas and Ferb, looked like a fun time. And WOW! best meal at WDW, glad it was worth the wait and that you enjoyed your special Fantasmic seating.

Can't wait to see what the next day brought
June 2004:ASsports -honeymoon Jan 2011: Kidani -Spectrum Moms take on the World March 2011: rental house- boys first trip Sept 2012: AoA-Cars Suite -UFT (ultimate field trip) Sept 2013: AoA-Lion King suite- MNSSHP May 2014:ASsports- Star Wars Weekends December 2014: POP- Tis the season to be jolly

Old 03-16-2012, 05:11 PM   #444
TanzUnited99
DIS Veteran

Sounds like you had a great day and meal! Yay on meeting P&F!
Old 03-17-2012, 09:56 AM   #445
Tinkermom76
Gawrsh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy Jetson View Post
Natalie I love your jumping picture!

I think P&F was the longest line we waited in on our last vacation. But there was no way we were going to miss them.

I can't wait to see what happens next.
Yes it was a very long line but it was what Eryka was most looking forward to so I wasn't going to skip it. They are very good at entertaining the kids while they wait in line though

Quote:
What a fun rest of the day at DHS. How fun meeting Phineas and Ferb, looked like a fun time. And WOW! best meal at WDW, glad it was worth the wait and that you enjoyed your special Fantasmic seating.

Can't wait to see what the next day brought
The food was soooooo good!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TanzUnited99 View Post
Sounds like you had a great day and meal! Yay on meeting P&F!
It was a great day!

Old 03-22-2012, 08:53 PM   #446
Tinkermom76
Gawrsh

Day 8 – Friday September 30

Park – MK

Reservations – Crystal Palace

We were finally back to Magic Kingdom this day and bright and early! This is my kind of vacation!!! I was up at 7am and we were ready to go at 7:40!
We got to MK and went to the early reservation entrance (last year this was to the right and this year it was on the left, when did they change it?)

We got in and I couldn’t resist a couple pics, especially one of Wayne’s place

We headed down Main St and I checked us in to Crystal Palace. While we were waiting I got a few pictures

Breakfast was good, typical breakfast food (that I love) but the lines seemed kinda long this year which I have never seen before. While we were eating the characters all made a stop to see us

After breakfast we decided a meet with Mickey and Minnie was in order. If you haven’t been to see them at the Town Square Theatre you really must because it is really neat

Of course when you leave here you are in a store and what did I find there but My baby Goofy!!!

Isn't he just the cutest!!!!!

Old 03-22-2012, 10:24 PM   #447
JPFamilyMom
DIS Veteran

Location: That place between sleep and awake, where you can still remember dreaming

What a fun morning. Early entrance into MK, you got some great shots of the fall decor. And your Mickey Minnie meet is great, I Love all the pictures they took.
And I LOVE your nails are those mickey stickers or nail polish?
June 2004:ASsports -honeymoon Jan 2011: Kidani -Spectrum Moms take on the World March 2011: rental house- boys first trip Sept 2012: AoA-Cars Suite -UFT (ultimate field trip) Sept 2013: AoA-Lion King suite- MNSSHP May 2014:ASsports- Star Wars Weekends December 2014: POP- Tis the season to be jolly

Old 03-23-2012, 07:56 PM   #448
Tinkermom76
Gawrsh

Quote:
What a fun morning. Early entrance into MK, you got some great shots of the fall decor. And your Mickey Minnie meet is great, I Love all the pictures they took.
And I LOVE your nails are those mickey stickers or nail polish?
Thanks it was a great morning!!!

That is polish on my nails, I always get Mickey painted on my nails when I go to Disney!

Old 03-24-2012, 10:58 AM   #449
Mickey_Mom
DIS Veteran

Hi! I have a whole two hours to myself this morning, so I thought I'd hop over here and hold up my end of the deal with this TR. Natalie has done a fantabulous job so I'm just going to catch up with a few of my favorite photos where I left off.

A quick diversion if you'll indulge me (I'm not back two seconds and I'm diverting... ) Demetri had his Super Saturday this morning at 7am .... and they won!

He got one goal and one assist Here's his goal....

... and part of the team photos around the big trophy:

Alright, back to the trip!

Leaving Epcot for Chef Mickey's. I love scenery shots.

This was gross. It looked soooo good on the drink listing but alas, the bartender was new and he did NOT know how to make this. I figured when paying the bill and there were two sips gone the waitress might ask what was wrong. She didn't so I casually mentioned that the drink really had not been prepared correctly. She said she'd tell the bartender but didn't offer to take it off my tab. Nice.

Now THIS on the other hand was an extremely yummy concoction! Delicious!

Love, Love, LOVE how Pluto signs autograph books. We giggle everytime.

We of course had to give the honeymooners a little time to themselves. It's only fair

The kids had a hoot with Donald and tricked him into calling himself #2

More birthday celebrations topped off by Mickey singing along for "Happy Birthday" .... what could be better than that?!

This CM kept coming back to our table throughout the evening telling the kids jokes. Can't remember any of them now but some of them were pretty funny!

The original plan had been to head back to Epcot for Illuminations but Chef Mickey's was a great end to a great day, so home we went, back to the Pop.
Old 03-24-2012, 11:32 AM   #450
Mickey_Mom
DIS Veteran

Our next morning was DHS and we were immediately entertained by the wonderful streetmosphere. Cross that off our to-do list!

Next was Toy Story Mania and the teammates were.....

How'd we do?

Well, let's just skip over that now shall we?

Off we went to the Great Movie Ride....

Hey there COWBOY where you been all these years?!

Finally we got the cowboy side! Next we wanted to do some singing in the rain.....

This is worth seeing again don't you think?

I'm soooo glad we got to see Phineas and Ferb. The line really was entertaining while we waited, they did a fantastic job of keeping the kids busy.

Demetri was picked to be a side to side dancer of some sort....

Props from the Director... he was a hoot.

Time for some fancy guitar work and soon enough it was time for the M&G.

The kids got to dance first and I was so happy to see Ariana dance along instead of just watching the others.....

A great meet and I can't wait to see them again next time!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: