Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-28-2011, 08:27 PM   #16
JennyLynn21
Mouseketeer

My mom & I aren't really buffet type people. Unless it's breakfast. But we really wanted to try this one to start the trip out right. Here is our food..

My mom had a hot dog, roasted chicken, salad, roll and corn. She said it was all good. Chicken a little dry.

I had chicken, some pasta salad, roll, and had to try the peanut butter and jelly pizza. It was differant! haha. I was still sort of hungry and not finding anything I liked .. So what does a girl do? HIT THE SWEETS TABLE!!

I had Worms in dirt (GREAT) bread pudding (awesome, my fav dessert of all time) Creme brulee (good) Mini apple pie thing (awful, too tart) Jello (ok, hard to screw up jello) and a creme puff ( yum)

All in all We liked the place. The food was decent. Very hectic. Don't know that we would do it again. I also liked snooping through the disneyland hotel. I had originally wanted to stay there but we decided to save money and boy am I happy we did. I just was not impressed with the hotel. Lots of construction, a mess, and I didn't really get the 'disney' vibe. However I thought this was awesome and we looked at it for awhile.

I love Disney

JennyLynn21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 08:31 PM   #17
JennyLynn21
Mouseketeer

We were finished up with dinner. We walked through downtown disney and shopped for souvenirs. I always love world of disney. So much in there! I also found a Sephora which I love and bought some goodies in there. We then went back to the hotel to get some sleep to finally have a park day tomorrow!!! It was crazy being there.. right outside of the gates..and not seeing the castle yet. I was surprised I couldn't see the castle from outside. I was SOOO excited to see it!!

I love Disney

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-28-2011, 09:38 PM   #18
JennyLynn21
Mouseketeer

Friday Oct 21

Okay So we slept great- the beds were really nice!! We got up bright & early at 7:30. Got ready and ate some pears for breakfast. It was rather gray looking out.
And here we are ready for the day ..

We arrived at the Disneyland gates at 8:30.. I was going crazy ready to see the castle!! We first got some pictures by the pumpkins. I loved Main Street.."What is that I see...?" "Is that it"? Yes.. I was slightly dissapointed in the castle. However I learned to love it's charm.

I certainly got a wonderful feeling knowing that Walt Disney himself stood right in that very place before. So we walked through the castle (Saw the old center of the park golden marker). And we didn't know where to begin!!
We started with a Newbie. Pinnocio. I liked the ride. My mom had not seen the movie in ages and was not sure what all was going on with the pleasure island part. haha..

I love Disney

Old 11-28-2011, 09:43 PM   #19
JennyLynn21
Mouseketeer

So we left off going on Pinnocio. We then went on Snow White's Scary Adventure (Touched the golden apple, very cool) Then on to the Story Book Land Canal. We thought this was very cute. My mom really liked it We walked around Main Street a bit in the shops. Like I said my mom can not go past a gift shop without going in .. However I don't think she bought anything yet. Here she is in the Crystal Shop. We liked alot of things in here, but knew it would be very hard to get them back to Michigan with us in one piece.
Then we were off to our Breakfast with Minnie & Friends. Which was good cause I was getting hungry.

I love Disney

Old 11-28-2011, 09:48 PM   #20
JennyLynn21
Mouseketeer

So we got our food. It's kind of like a cafateria. You pay. Then get a tray and grab your food and drinks. I forgot to take food pictures. I had cereal, waffles, eggs (WHICH WERE NASTY) some danish thing and fruit. I don't remember what my mom had. The characters were very hectic here. Way unorganized. But we ended up meeting
I had never met brer fox before so that was exciting. We also ended up buying the picture from them because it turned out nice. It's on our china cabinet.

I love Disney

Old 11-28-2011, 09:55 PM   #21
JennyLynn21
Mouseketeer

So after our breakfast it was back to park time. We rode Alice in Wonderland. Cute. We did the Sleeping Beauty Castle Walk through Which I loved. It was so cool to be inside and see the story come to life. Wish WDW had something like this.
Then we did Mr. Toad's Wild Ride. I sort of remember this at WDW from when I was little. Pretty cool, except I don't think I've ever seen the movie. We then went to the Villians Lair to see who was out. We met the Evil Step sisters. They were hilarious. We also met Lady Tremaine (Idk how you spell it) But I guess the picture didn't end up on my camera and my photopass I am having issues with. Boo..
Then it was off to It's a Small World. LOVED THE OUTSIDE. Just breath taking. Also loved the ride. So did my mom! We had to go on it today because it was closing a few days later for their holiday lay over! We really loved it!

I love Disney

Old 11-28-2011, 10:01 PM   #22
JennyLynn21
Mouseketeer

We then were hungry for a snack. So we found a spot in tommorland for this snack.. Nothing fancy. but it really hit the spot. Then we went on the Little Nemo Submarines. I was a little afraid for some reason, I liked it, but I was happy to get out of that submarine and didn't really want to go on it again! haha. Then we were off to the MATTERHORN! Now I was not sure how my mom would do on this ride, she is not great at roller coasters. Since I had not been on it before I didn't know how she would do. It was Fun. Really Fast! We waited in like for about 20-30 mins for this. When we were all done they asked if we wanted to ride again? I looked at my mom and she said 'SURE' I was surprised! I don't know why they let us ride again but it was great!! Then we went and drove cars on Autopia! It was great fun. I remember riding them with my dad when I was real little in WDW. Let it be known that My mom is a bad driver normally...and was on there too!! haha.

I love Disney

Old 11-28-2011, 10:06 PM   #23
JennyLynn21
Mouseketeer

Since we were in tommorland we went to see Captain EO. We are Michael Jackson fans to it was neat. I liked Hooter haha. It was a nice break for our feet. Then we went into that big souvenir shop. Duh!! We got some stuff. We were feeling hungry so we ate at the Pizza Port. My mom only had a salad but she said it was great. I had a pizza and it was ok. Nothing spectacular. We poked around Main Street. We decided to go back to the hotel for a nap. In the elevator up to our room some guests gave us some microwave popcorn and biscotti. They had been given it when they checked in and said they would not eat it! We were happy! So we popped some up and then went for a nap!! That was very nice of them! THANK YOU!

I love Disney

Old 11-28-2011, 10:12 PM   #24
JennyLynn21
Mouseketeer

We woke up refreshed. Disneyland closed early that night (I think because of a halloween party or something) So we decided to check out California Adventure. My first overall impression... WOMP WOMP WOMP!! SO much construcction.. Here I am with a wall.. haha. But I think what they are doing will be awesome when done. So we went to the Animation Academy. We loved this at WDW. We drew Chip! We really loved the Character Close up, with the Toy Story Characters. Amazing. We also did Turtle Talk with Crush. I liked it, I wanted to ask him a question but I was nervous!! ElecTRONica was going on. We also went into a gift shop and found some souvenirs. I got a sweatshirt and a scarf. Then we left. We stopped at Mcdonalds which was on our way back to our hotel. I think we got pops and hamburgers. I dont rememer.. I was feeling tired this day. The time change was hard for me to adjust to. I felt like it was 1 in the morning. So asleep we went. Great first day in the park.

I love Disney

Old 11-28-2011, 10:19 PM   #25
JennyLynn21
Mouseketeer

Saturday Oct 22

So we woke up bright & early for Toontown Madness. I am SO very upest about them getting rid of toon town at WDW so was way pumped to see the DL version, Which was 100 times better anyways. On our way into the park we quick met Halloween Mickey After that we headed straight for Toontown. There was maybe 10 of us at that point.
Once we got inside it was pretty deserted. I was in awe. AMAZING! So headed to check out Minnie Mouse's House.

I love Disney

Old 11-28-2011, 10:24 PM   #26
JennyLynn21
Mouseketeer

Then some of the Characters came out so we met them.

Then we went to grab seats for the Opening Show to start. We got seats right next to the 'honorary family'. I hope one day I get picked for that!
Real cute show. We all got buttons! <3

I love Disney

Old 11-28-2011, 10:30 PM   #27
JennyLynn21
Mouseketeer

After that we went to Roger Rabbit's Ride. I LOVE this movie so I was excited. It was cute. Tried to not spin too much, didn't want my mom to get sick
We then went into the gift shop where my mom bought stuff for my nephew Carson and brother in law Travis. Then we played around with all the interactive stuff. We put my mom in jail - haha. Then we listened to the police phone. It was hilarious. Then we went into Mickey's House. He was waiting on the steps to meet us
We also went into Chip & Dales. Tree House. Donald's Boat. And Goofy's Place. We also went on Gadget's Go Coaster. My mom was afraid-haha. It was fun. I remember Gadget and I loved her! I could have played in ToonTown all day but it was time to move on, I had hopes of coming back another day but it never happened.

I love Disney

Old 11-28-2011, 10:38 PM   #28
JennyLynn21
Mouseketeer

We then decided to see which villains were out. We saw Cruella. Jafar & Queen of Hearts We then decided to head back into the opposite direction to Frontierland. We stopped and saw this. We were sort of looking for a snack for my mom. She insisted she was hungry. Even though we would be eating lunch in only 2 hours. So we looked everywhere and we just couldn't find her anything, lol. We finally ended up at River Bell Terrace which had breakfast options. It was a very long line..and slow moving about 20 to 25 mins. We shared a steamboat (pancake, bacon and eggs) and she had a coke and I had a choco milk It was very yummy, yet pricey. It came to 15 something. Yikes.
We were then off to Big Thunder Mountain. We waited about 25 mins. Alot of fun!

I love Disney

Old 11-28-2011, 10:46 PM   #29
JennyLynn21
Mouseketeer

The day was going great. Having alot of fun. We spotted this some where and I had to snap a picture. I probably should explain. I am getting married next August and we are having a fairy tale theme. We are having a cinderella carriage and even my dress is a disney fairy tale dress by Alfred Angelo. So anytime I spotted a carriage I was excited! We then went to see what the line looked like for Rapunzel. It was 10:30 and she would be out at 11. The wait was already an hour and a half, so we changed out minds. So we headed towards Haunted Mansion, In New Orleans Square we spotted JACK SKELLINGTON!!! I WAS SO EXCITED, This is my all time favorite, I have Jack, Sally, and the little kids dolls I put out for Halloween each year. I was so sad to see his line was already closed. However his handler told me he would be back in 10 mins. But not to form a line or to stand on the raised part. So we sat on the stairs. And sure enough... 10 mins later. Here he came.. WITH SALLY. Now it was a bit insane. The handler let everybody know not to stand on that part of form a line, did they listen? No. So when he came out they all had to move and shoved over us, So we just stood up and formed the line ourselves. Some people I guess tried to cut into this line (that mind you was not supposed to be formed anyways) and one lady freaked out and yelled at them.. it was nuts. However I Was so excited!! I loved how they both talked. He was SOOO JAck Skellington! It was amazing. Made the whole trip.

I love Disney

Old 11-28-2011, 10:54 PM   #30
JennyLynn21
Mouseketeer

At this point I was on cloud 9. We went to get fast passes for Haunted Mansion. We then went to Critter Country to ride Winnie the Pooh. It was a 10 min wait. It was cute. I saw the one part that was a throw back to Country Bears. When we got out we realized the park was insane and very busy!! So we headed towards our lunch ressies at Carnation Cafe. It was a little early so we had hoped it would be ok. We waited 5 mins then sat down. IT WAS SO GOOD! I had the turkey sand on pretzel bun with a salad. Omg It was amazing. I also liked how the cook Oscar came out to say hello to everyone. Very nice.

Then we went to some shops on main street. My mom the day before had saw some pajamas she wanted so went back to get them. Very cute. Christmas type colors.

So back towards Haunted Mansion we went. We also grabbed fast passes for Indiana Jones. We absolutley loved Haunted Mansion with the Nightmare before Christmas layover. Ugh. AMAZING! We were happy we had FP's cause the stanby line was 90 mins! Whoa! Then we went back to Critter Country. and we met this guy.. Brer Bear! Too bad you can't see his face a little better.

I love Disney

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: