Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-06-2011, 09:07 PM   #91
disneydreamingdebby
DVC Member

I made some progress today...

I am not excited about Chef Mickey for lunch. I figured we could always arrive early and jump in on breakfast; however, the park opens at 9. I don't want to leave the park after an hour and a half...especially, when Main Street Bakery is right there with some yummy goodness waiting for us to share!

I did a dining search for dinner, and 1900 Park Fare popped up for 6:50! I quickly booked it, entering in that credit card to secure... This is not ideal since our evening plans are to head to HS as it is open until 11.

Also, this is a meal that I know my BFF's daughter would LOVE! We have been trying to book it for the next night for all of us. (They aren't getting park hoppers and I tried for their MK night.)

I looked at the plan though. I do want to see Cinderella's Holiday Wish Show and the lighting of the castle. The next night is EMH until 1, so we probably won't arrive at the park by 6.

Then, I worried about the length of the show, and making it to GF for the dinner. No worries! The show is 7 minutes! So, by 6:25, my family can turn around and head out of the park (with the masses since it is the last MVMCP!). This gives us 30 minutes to make it to GF. (Really 45 with that 15 min late cushion...)

I am very excited about this!! We haven't been to this dinner, and with this being the last trip on the dining plan (the girls will be adults next trip), it is ideal to fit it in now. I can't see spending $200 on this in the future ($43 per person plus tip.) I will tell my friend to keep trying so she can fit it in her schedule, but her daughter can go in future trips..she won't cost them $43 for some time...

Photos courtesy of charactercentral.net

So now for a story to show you how hilarious the man I married is...

I was double checking that he didn't want to see the CP. I explained that he and the girls would have about two hours to swim, go to future world etc.

DH: I don't even know what CP is.
Me: It is the telling of the birth of Jesus with a 50 piece orchestra; it is like a church service.
DH: Does Mickey play Jesus?
Me: laughing...no
DH: Then I'm not interested.

Later-
Me: Why would Mickey play Jesus? Who would Minnie play?
DH: It all started with the mouse.

I love dh; he cracks me up.
disneydreamingdebby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 04:23 AM   #92
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

1900 Park Fare will be fun for dinner!

I am cracking up over your DH's comments! Too funny!
Charleston Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-07-2011, 11:50 AM   #93
TanzUnited99
DIS Veteran

Great Halloween costumes!

Yay on getting a 1900 PF reservation. We had breakfast here and loved it but have never tried it for dinner so look forward to you review of the place.

I at DHs comments - hilarious!!
TanzUnited99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 10:01 AM   #95
wishing4PA
Wants to be in Pennsylvania or WDW or PA or WDW or ... and stuck smack dab in the middle!

I'm loving the thread so far, especially the pics.
Christmas! Oh, yes, I bought my first Christmas gift yesterday. Easy Bake Oven for DD -- shhh...
I think you are making a great choice to go the 1900 PF. It's fun and relaxing at the same time! And you can get your daily calories there too!
* 7/2013 (YC with DD), 1/2012 (Poly - me, DD, DN, DN, DSis, thanks! ), 7/2010 (FW - the Poly5+Mom), 2/2009 (DD4 & DH's 1st visit! ASMo), Day trip ~1990, Overnight "Jazz Night" with HS band (1978?), ~10 Day trips in 1970's-80's (E tickets!)
* Disney World Preview Center (1970?) An amusement park here, in the middle of nowhere, far from the beaches, nowhere near anything, even dinky little Orlando? That'll never fly!
wishing4PA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 08:07 PM   #96
disneydreamingdebby
DVC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
1900 Park Fare will be fun for dinner!

I am cracking up over your DH's comments! Too funny!
I am excited to try it and be entertained!

My dh does keep me laughing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TanzUnited99 View Post
Great Halloween costumes!

Yay on getting a 1900 PF reservation. We had breakfast here and loved it but have never tried it for dinner so look forward to you review of the place.

I at DHs comments - hilarious!!
Thanks--they were unique ones for nine year olds, and not scary like last years.

We love their breakfast too. That is one of dh's usual requests when I book ADR's. The price is reasonable enough for breakfast that I can see going there when we aren't on the dining plan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenofallthings View Post
Your DH comments are hilarious!! I can't stop laughing!

He will enjoy being appreciated!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wishing4PA View Post
I'm loving the thread so far, especially the pics.
Christmas! Oh, yes, I bought my first Christmas gift yesterday. Easy Bake Oven for DD -- shhh...
I think you are making a great choice to go the 1900 PF. It's fun and relaxing at the same time! And you can get your daily calories there too!
Thanks! I am trying to put photos in without adding Christmas ones that would spoil the surprise for me. I will flood the TR with photos for everyone's enjoyment!

I have been busy buying gifts; I only have five weeks - I plan on having it all done before we leave! (My dd mentioned an easy bake oven too...I think Santa will be filling that order.)

Glad to hear an endorsement for dinner!
Old 11-09-2011, 08:18 PM   #97
disneydreamingdebby
DVC Member

I went to Target last night...with a good excuse. I've had irritation with my left eye and contact for the past month or two and I finally went to the eye doctor...(who is also a diser and just returned...)

I have pollen and dust collected under my eyelid... bizarre...anyway, she prescribed eydrops. So back to the story...

While shopping, I went to the usual area to find fun Mickey stuff...and looky what I saw...

After a couple of minutes of what could I not live without...I walked away empty handed of Mickey items...

I did score some 90% deals on Halloween items for next year. (We do "ghosting" or "booing" in our neighborhood. It is where you live a bag/ bucket full of goodies (preferably fun Halloween stuff not candy) on the doorstep with a ghost taped to the door. The receiver then has to ghost two others. Someone begins it the first week in Oct and by Halloween nearly each of the forty/ fifty houses had been ghosted...even ones without kiddos!
Old 11-10-2011, 08:50 AM   #98
Queenofallthings
DIS Veteran

Mmmmm Target What restraint you showed my friend Not sure I would have left with nothing, but I have learned to shop at Target first (where I have no restraint whatsoever) then by Sunday before we head home, I go thru everything and return what I really bought on impulse
Queenofallthings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 07:23 PM   #99
disneydreamingdebby
DVC Member

Quote:
Mmmmm Target What restraint you showed my friend Not sure I would have left with nothing, but I have learned to shop at Target first (where I have no restraint whatsoever) then by Sunday before we head home, I go thru everything and return what I really bought on impulse
Oh you have to know that I return stuff to Target every week or two... My SIL posted on her facebook about returning stuff and still spending more...

(I have some socks upstairs waiting to go back.)
Old 11-11-2011, 07:50 PM   #100
disneydreamingdebby
DVC Member

Only 35 days !

So it was a great Disney Friday...(when I play Disney music at the beginning of my classes while the kids do their warm-up...) At one point Soarin was playing, and the kids asked about it. I closed my eyes and explained that at that point in the song, I am Soarin over the water, smelling pines, trying to kick the water with my feet... One of my students had a wide grin as she knew exactly what I was talking about!

So, let me share two pictures of my classroom:

The first is my new toy! I am very excited by this, and I am very lucky.

It is a Promethean Board (smartboard). Many of our teachers have them due to grants that the state gave in the past. The grant money ran out before the English dept could benefit, so only one other English teacher and I have them. She runs circles around me when it comes to technology, but I am quite tech savy myself. The only sadness that comes with this situation is that my dad would have thought it was the coolest. I remember last year, when the assistant principal said we might have an extra and asked if I wanted it, I promptly stiffled a scream and said yes. I hung up the phone and sobbed at my desk. I so desperately wanted to call my dad.

Okay, so back to happy thoughts!!

Here is another pic from my room:

A student transferred up to my AP class. After about a week, she brought me this Mickey. He is mine to borrow until the end of the year!

Another student in one of my other classes was asking about the artwork and asked if I wanted him to draw me something. He asked about Mickey. I said how about the castle? Then, I added, the castle with our class in front of it. Really folks, I demand way too much! I really need to talk to this wonderful boy and tell him that was a tall order!

So, after a great day which resulted in me staying at school until 5, I headed to the Y. I did the eliptical, ran on the treadmill and listened to a podcast...

On the way home, I stopped at Rite Aid to see if they had a Disney decorations for our room at BCV. Sadly, they did not. I did buy disposible travel coffee cups for our trip.

They did have these though...

Large

Small (if they had a small Minnie, I might have bought the set...)

They also had these (Jackie, I was thinking of you...)

They are coffee cups filled with chocolate candy.

Okay, so if you are still with me, that's the excitement of the night...I'll update Disney plans tomorrow or Sunday.
Old 11-11-2011, 08:14 PM   #101
poisonapple_PRINCESS
DIS Veteran

I got some Mickey and Minnie window clings at walmart! Christmas themed of course! I think they were only 1.50? I think I'm going to go back and get some more! I just Love them! And your classroom is awesome! And Smartboards are cool. My school got them as I was leaving. Oh well....

poisonapple_PRINCESS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 06:57 AM   #102
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamingdebby View Post
So it was a great Disney Friday...(when I play Disney music at the beginning of my classes while the kids do their warm-up...) At one point Soarin was playing, and the kids asked about it. I closed my eyes and explained that at that point in the song, I am Soarin over the water, smelling pines, trying to kick the water with my feet... One of my students had a wide grin as she knew exactly what I was talking about!
I think they need to find a way to spray a light mist at our feet when we go over the ocean waves. That would be so cool!

I am headed to both Walmart and Target today. I have the large red Mickey head bowl, and I use it throughout the year for school and church things and for our Disney parties at home, but I might have to grab a new item this year. I am sort of leaning toward the glove plates, since they could be used not just seasonally. I may look and leave with nothing, though, since I know I would rather have the money for some Christmas things from the 'real' Disney World next month.

Back to update, I ended up going to Kroger instead of either Target or Walmart, and they had some Disney Christmas items. I bought two rectangular trays and a tree skirt. I'll put pictures up on the TR later.
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.

Last edited by MeMom; 11-12-2011 at 03:28 PM.
MeMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 01:11 PM   #103
TanzUnited99
DIS Veteran

Love all the Target Mickey Christmas items! Yay on being strong and not purchasing anything.

Your description of Soarin had me right back at Epcot on the ride. Yay on getting a smartboard...I have used one quite a few times and they sure are the best!
TanzUnited99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 09:28 AM   #104
Queenofallthings
DIS Veteran

Love the pictures of your classroom! I loved your description of Soarin...took me right there!

I cried when you were talking about your smartboard and wanting to call your dad I did the same thing the day I found out about my promotion...how many times we go to pick up the phone....I wonder how long that lasts I sometimes wonder if it ever goes away

I can't believe in 35 days you're back at our happy place! I am really looking forward to all the new TR's that will be coming up...as you know, no trip for us until 2013

Hope you're having a great weekend
Queenofallthings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 08:03 PM   #105
disneydreamingdebby
DVC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by poisonapple_PRINCESS View Post
I got some Mickey and Minnie window clings at walmart! Christmas themed of course! I think they were only 1.50? I think I'm going to go back and get some more! I just Love them! And your classroom is awesome! And Smartboards are cool. My school got them as I was leaving. Oh well....
I will have to check out Walmart this week before the clings sellout!
Thanks...technology is awesome and ever so quickly changing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
I think they need to find a way to spray a light mist at our feet when we go over the ocean waves. That would be so cool!

I am headed to both Walmart and Target today. I have the large red Mickey head bowl, and I use it throughout the year for school and church things and for our Disney parties at home, but I might have to grab a new item this year. I am sort of leaning toward the glove plates, since they could be used not just seasonally. I may look and leave with nothing, though, since I know I would rather have the money for some Christmas things from the 'real' Disney World next month.

Back to update, I ended up going to Kroger instead of either Target or Walmart, and they had some Disney Christmas items. I bought two rectangular trays and a tree skirt. I'll put pictures up on the TR later.
We don't have a Kroger. DH send me a picture of a caroling Mickey at our Giant. If it had a Minnie too, I might have told him to buy the set.

I'll report on my finds at Walmart later this week; I also heard Walgreens has some items, so I will have to head there too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TanzUnited99 View Post
Love all the Target Mickey Christmas items! Yay on being strong and not purchasing anything.

Your description of Soarin had me right back at Epcot on the ride. Yay on getting a smartboard...I have used one quite a few times and they sure are the best!
Soarin I have limited cabinet space and can't stand clutter so refraining was easier than you might think.

I am enjoying the smart board and will be really excited when I totally know how to use it!

Quote:
Love the pictures of your classroom! I loved your description of Soarin...took me right there!

I cried when you were talking about your smartboard and wanting to call your dad I did the same thing the day I found out about my promotion...how many times we go to pick up the phone....I wonder how long that lasts I sometimes wonder if it ever goes away

I can't believe in 35 days you're back at our happy place! I am really looking forward to all the new TR's that will be coming up...as you know, no trip for us until 2013

Hope you're having a great weekend
It sucks...but then I try to just think of what his reaction would be. Then, I can smile. I am so blessed. I was blessed to have him as a dad. My parents made it a point to tell me how proud of me they were especially as an adult. (I don't think I did too many things for them to be proud of as a teen...) (okay, clean up the tissues...

We did have a great weekend...more on that soon.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: