Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-13-2011, 01:51 PM   #16
TanzUnited99
DIS Veteran

Can't really offer an opinion on MVMCP but we were glad we went to MNSSHP even if it was to say we had done it and know what it's all about. I would attend again but probably only with my little sister or someone who would enjoy it as much as me...I'm giving too much away again

Anyway I can understand not wanting to spend over $200 on the Party.
TanzUnited99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 09:31 PM   #17
disneydreamingdebby
DVC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TanzUnited99 View Post
Can't really offer an opinion on MVMCP but we were glad we went to MNSSHP even if it was to say we had done it and know what it's all about. I would attend again but probably only with my little sister or someone who would enjoy it as much as me...I'm giving too much away again

Anyway I can understand not wanting to spend over $200 on the Party.
I have heard nearly everyone say MNSSHP is a better experience than MCMCP; it seems that more is done for Halloween verses Christmas. I think this may be because at Christmas all of the resorts are decorated, and the other parks all have special events.

It's okay if you give stuff away!
disneydreamingdebby is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-13-2011, 09:44 PM   #18
disneydreamingdebby
DVC Member

I think I owe it to my readers to let you know that I do not plan on this being photo heavy. I want the experience to be fresh. I do want to plan what we are doing, but I don't want to see it all ahead of time. I promise that my TR will be heavy with photos, though!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
I did more research about the events in the MK after MVMCP. The special Wishes show is the same as the party as is the parade. I'm not sure if Belle will be in her fancy dress for the meet and greet...

It appears that most sites only recommend the party if you are most interested in low crowds or if you won't be visiting after the party ends.

So, I think that I can safely say we will be able to see the Christmas festivities at the MK (and I will have to buy my kiddos hot chocolates!)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Moving on to more special events...Let's travel to

(Photo from inside the magic)

This park has many fantastic options! I will spend several posts covering these options!

For tonight, I just want to share one:

I just learned that at 6:00, Mickey has a special tree lighting ceremony at World Showcase Plaza. The event takes about 10 minutes!
Old 10-14-2011, 05:42 AM   #19
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Charles is the same way -- he doesn't like to look at pictures or even watch movie trailers because he always wants the experience to be completely new.

Mickey lighting the tree at Epcot sounds fun!!!
Charleston Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 12:26 PM   #20
MisplacedTexan
Earning My Ears

Not sure my crew would appreciate MVMCP right now. They are 10 and 12, and the 12 y/o being an obnoxious pre-teen, I don't think I am ready for the eye rolling while there, lol. Ok, gonna go work on my PTR!
MisplacedTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 12:59 PM   #21
MisplacedTexan
Earning My Ears

Ok, first PTR is up, lol. Can't wait to hear what you have planned!
Old 10-14-2011, 07:32 PM   #22
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

We always go to MVMCP. This will be the first year of us paying the premium for the tickets but we feel its still worth it. We won't be around when they do the parade and fireworks when the parties end so we don't have much of a choice.

The tree lighting is great because with it being at 6, you are able to get castle pics before a party would start at 7!
Old 10-14-2011, 09:50 PM   #23
disneydreamingdebby
DVC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
Charles is the same way -- he doesn't like to look at pictures or even watch movie trailers because he always wants the experience to be completely new.

Mickey lighting the tree at Epcot sounds fun!!!
In most other cases, I like to know what to expect. Decorations should be a surprise though! I try not to read the back of books either--Charles is probably adverse to that too, based on the other info...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisplacedTexan View Post
Not sure my crew would appreciate MVMCP right now. They are 10 and 12, and the 12 y/o being an obnoxious pre-teen, I don't think I am ready for the eye rolling while there, lol. Ok, gonna go work on my PTR!
Okay, my nine year olds sometimes act like 12...does it matter where you are with the 12 year old? I imagine the eye rolling will occur everywhere.

Quote:
Ok, first PTR is up, lol. Can't wait to hear what you have planned!
Need the link so I can follow along Gald you decided to go for it! Can you post it here? If you want help putting it in your signature, I can help with that too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkerbellLuvr7 View Post
We always go to MVMCP. This will be the first year of us paying the premium for the tickets but we feel its still worth it. We won't be around when they do the parade and fireworks when the parties end so we don't have much of a choice.

The tree lighting is great because with it being at 6, you are able to get castle pics before a party would start at 7!
I would think VERY differently if we were only visiting during the party dates and not after. Then, $200 would be a deal!

The tree lighting I am referring to is in EPCOT...

Are you taking about castle pics with it in lights or sans lights?

Maybe you know, does Belle have on her winter dress at the meet and greets the week of Christmas?
Old 10-15-2011, 07:01 AM   #24
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamingdebby View Post
In most other cases, I like to know what to expect. Decorations should be a surprise though! I try not to read the back of books either--Charles is probably adverse to that too, based on the other info...
He is -- he makes me do it and then tell him whether or not it is something he would like.
Charleston Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 09:49 AM   #25
TanzUnited99
DIS Veteran

I love the picture of Epcot with the Christmas tree - makes it look even more special!

The tree lighting ceremony sounds great. Every time you will be sharing your options I will be sat here wishing I was going in December!
TanzUnited99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 12:34 PM   #26
poisonapple_PRINCESS
DIS Veteran

We'll be at disney at the same time...I'm going to MVMCP! Super excited about it too....I think I paid 130 something for our tickets (just two) I just think it'll be something fun to try. We're going to try to drink/eat my moneys worth in free cocoa and cookies!

poisonapple_PRINCESS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 06:55 PM   #27
MisplacedTexan
Earning My Ears

Okay, my nine year olds sometimes act like 12...does it matter where you are with the 12 year old? I imagine the eye rolling will occur everywhere.

Need the link so I can follow along Gald you decided to go for it! Can you post it here? If you want help putting it in your signature, I can help with that too.

I would think VERY differently if we were only visiting during the party dates and not after. Then, $200 would be a deal!

Maybe you know, does Belle have on her winter dress at the meet and greets the week of Christmas?[/QUOTE]

Yes, I need help, lol. But don't we all????? LOL
Old 10-16-2011, 07:07 PM   #28
disneydreamingdebby
DVC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
He is -- he makes me do it and then tell him whether or not it is something he would like.
Doesn't surprise me at all...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TanzUnited99 View Post
I love the picture of Epcot with the Christmas tree - makes it look even more special!

The tree lighting ceremony sounds great. Every time you will be sharing your options I will be sat here wishing I was going in December!
I wish you were too! However, you did get to go to MNSSHP! I look forward to doing that some day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by poisonapple_PRINCESS View Post
We'll be at disney at the same time...I'm going to MVMCP! Super excited about it too....I think I paid 130 something for our tickets (just two) I just think it'll be something fun to try. We're going to try to drink/eat my moneys worth in free cocoa and cookies!

If it was just two of us, I think I'd be okay with the tickets. I also think that going to it is something special that everyone should do...uh oh...I am starting to waiver. I think you certainly should try to eat/ drink tons!!

Where are you staying and for how long? Have you been to WDW many times?

Quote:

Maybe you know, does Belle have on her winter dress at the meet and greets the week of Christmas?

Yes, I need help, lol. But don't we all????? LOL[/QUOTE]

I don't need any help I just need Disney...

To put tr link in signature- go to menu at top and select quick links...pick edit signature. Have your tr open in another browser and copy the link. Type your TR title in the signature box and highlight it. Click on the globe with the chain link icon, and paste your http into the pop up box.
Old 10-16-2011, 11:31 PM   #29
MisplacedTexan
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Doesn't surprise me at all...

I wish you were too! However, you did get to go to MNSSHP! I look forward to doing that some day!

If it was just two of us, I think I'd be okay with the tickets. I also think that going to it is something special that everyone should do...uh oh...I am starting to waiver. I think you certainly should try to eat/ drink tons!!

Yes, I need help, lol. But don't we all????? LOL
I don't need any help I just need Disney...

To put tr link in signature- go to menu at top and select quick links...pick edit signature. Have your tr open in another browser and copy the link. Type your TR title in the signature box and highlight it. Click on the globe with the chain link icon, and paste your http into the pop up box.[/QUOTE]

Ok, sorry to be a pest, and I really do appreciate all the help! Hopefully I did it correctly, lol

http://www.disboards.com/showthread....3#post42975303

Old 10-17-2011, 07:38 AM   #30
poisonapple_PRINCESS
DIS Veteran

Quote:

We're are staying at POFQ! Our trip dates are dec 15 - 23! And this is going to be my first trip! But DBF has been a handful of times. We're gong to MVMCP on the 16th...I think thats the second to last night they have it? I'm just hoping the dwarfs are there..I want a photo with all of them together!

poisonapple_PRINCESS is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: