Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-03-2011, 10:08 AM   #136
Queenofallthings
DIS Veteran

Great update and I can't believe how close it is now! I hope things do get resolved sounds like you're having a tough time

Love the purchases! Your break starts one week before ours....our schools go to Dec 23 this year then two weeks off and back the second week in January!

I can't wait to hear all about this trip...it's really starting to bum me out that I have no trip to plan for next year and even more so that Jasmine probably won't be coming with us in 2013 because she'll be working to save for that year of university! It makes me weep everytime I think of it

Anyhoodle, I will live through you my friend
Queenofallthings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 04:08 PM   #137
disneydreamingdebby
DVC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
Fun wallet!!!

School is kicking my behind these days -- I can't seem to ever get anything done -- too much going on, I guess!
Me too! I just spent over five hours grading and catching up with IEP emails, a homebound kid's work, etc. I still have to read my AP's papers (which I have waited far too long to give back.) Then, I really need to plan next week.

It's okay though--Disney in less than two weeks!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenofallthings View Post
Great update and I can't believe how close it is now! I hope things do get resolved sounds like you're having a tough time

Love the purchases! Your break starts one week before ours....our schools go to Dec 23 this year then two weeks off and back the second week in January!

I can't wait to hear all about this trip...it's really starting to bum me out that I have no trip to plan for next year and even more so that Jasmine probably won't be coming with us in 2013 because she'll be working to save for that year of university! It makes me weep everytime I think of it

Anyhoodle, I will live through you my friend
Early this week was tough, but then I had a meeting with my principal. A team of us are working on fixing it. So, Friday, I felt like a ton of bricks were lifted from my shoulders. I have wonderful students (for the most part), so the actual time in MY classroom is quite pleasant.

I am sorry that you are waiting until 2013. You will really enjoy all of your furniture daily, though! (We skipped a trip to get new couches a couple of years ago.) Maybe Jasmine will be able to go--it is a way off and with all the hard working she will be doing, she might need the break!

I have to ask if Anyhoodle is normal for your area? We say anyhoo, and I teach levels of language having kids analyze diction. I am always looking for expressions that are regional to share with kids.

I better run- back to the last set of papers...and then on to laundry
disneydreamingdebby is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-04-2011, 12:10 PM   #138
TanzUnited99
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamingdebby View Post
Have a great girlie night!! FUN- FUN. I want to hear about what you did!
Thanks I had a really FUN night out...we had a bite to eat and a few drinks whilst catching up on what everyone had been doing. It turned out to be interesting as I ended up speaking with a guy who was out with his friends...he wasn't single though so decided to leave him to it!

Anyway on to your update and love your purchases. I agree that your school bag seems the perfect shape for school folders etc Yay on having a school quiz - I used to love having the fun ones at the end of term.
TanzUnited99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 08:18 PM   #139
disneydreamingdebby
DVC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TanzUnited99 View Post

Thanks I had a really FUN night out...we had a bite to eat and a few drinks whilst catching up on what everyone had been doing. It turned out to be interesting as I ended up speaking with a guy who was out with his friends...he wasn't single though so decided to leave him to it!

Anyway on to your update and love your purchases. I agree that your school bag seems the perfect shape for school folders etc Yay on having a school quiz - I used to love having the fun ones at the end of term.
Sounds like a blast; shame he wasn't single...he must have been a good one too to let you know.

I do absolutely love the bag. I am contemplating another.
Old 12-06-2011, 08:35 PM   #140
disneydreamingdebby
DVC Member

Only ten days... wow it is approaching so quickly.

Saturday night, I took my little ones to see my school little ones. Some of my baby nerds were in the production Bah Humbug. One was the lead of Scrooge while another played Marley (he actually stole the show!) Another was Scrooge's sister and sang a lovely solo, while two others were chorographer and stage crew.

My girls enjoyed it...honestly, it was a total school play...lighting blunders, mic glitches, etc. I was glad to see my students and support them. I also was happy to play with my camera. I didn't get any good pictures, and when I got home I started to think about why. Then, it clicked. FINALLY, I know how to use my manual settings on my camera. I AM SO EXCITED!

On Sunday, we went to pick out our tree, and Monday afternoon, we decorated.
I played with the camera, and practiced what I need to do with manual and yeah!! I got it!

Here is our handsome cat, Sprint. I will have to post a picture of his adorable sister, Skittle.

The girls with their Dora ornaments that I still make them put on the tree!

A nice one of Emma

One of both girls at the tree farm

Update on trip planning:

I was able to make a breakfast ressie for Tusker House and cancel the lunch one. I am very relieved about this!

I ordered packing cubes:

They seem to fit my OCD personality. I ordered the above set for less than $40 (free shipping too). I think it will help to have a cube with my running clothes, our winter just in case gear, kitchen stuff (coffee, cups, splenda, cocoa, etc.) a cube per girl for clothes...not sure.

I plan on laying out everything on my bed on Sunday, and pulling out a variety of suitcases and bags to see what works best. I make this so much harder than it has to be!

Tomorrow is Wed already! YAY! I need to get back to our itinerary! I have so much to fit in and so little time to do it!
Old 12-07-2011, 05:30 AM   #141
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Yeay for decorating the tree!!! Looks like a lot of fun! I meant to comment on your Christmas shopping post a couple of updates back -- sounds like something my two would do, too!
Charleston Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 06:07 PM   #142
TanzUnited99
DIS Veteran

Yay on knowing how to use the manual settings on your camera!!! Perfect timing with your trip being 9 days away

Love Sprint and your Christmas tree...we used to have a cat but it got run over and then we had another one that went away and never returned! After that my mum put her foot down and said we weren't allowed any more cats!

P.S. I forgot to say congrats on getting a breakfast ADR for Tusker House!

Last edited by TanzUnited99; 12-07-2011 at 06:35 PM.
TanzUnited99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 07:33 PM   #143
poisonapple_PRINCESS
DIS Veteran

Love the photo's! My favorite thing ever was decorating our tree with my brother! Good memories. Actually....that still is my favorite thing ever! My brother is my best friend and I always wish that for other siblings. Its the greatest, strongest friendship there is.

YAY for trips being really really soon!

poisonapple_PRINCESS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 08:35 PM   #144
disneydreamingdebby
DVC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
Yeay for decorating the tree!!! Looks like a lot of fun! I meant to comment on your Christmas shopping post a couple of updates back -- sounds like something my two would do, too!
Siblings (my brother and I did it also...and we are 10 years apart!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TanzUnited99 View Post
Yay on knowing how to use the manual settings on your camera!!! Perfect timing with your trip being 9 days away

Love Sprint and your Christmas tree...we used to have a cat but it got run over and then we had another one that went away and never returned! After that my mum put her foot down and said we weren't allowed any more cats!

P.S. I forgot to say congrats on getting a breakfast ADR for Tusker House!
thanks- sorry about your cats! Our cat Abraham had a tumor at 13 and we had to put him down. Dh and I went and looked at cats like two weeks later without our girls and I fell in love with some kittens. There were four of them. We seriously were considering all of them. When I went in, one was spoken for. I adopted the three...which was a longer process than having my twins. Unfortunately, the one was so scared and unable to manage herself (bathroom issues) we had to return her. The other two are wonderful!

I am very excited about my camera!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by poisonapple_PRINCESS View Post
Love the photo's! My favorite thing ever was decorating our tree with my brother! Good memories. Actually....that still is my favorite thing ever! My brother is my best friend and I always wish that for other siblings. Its the greatest, strongest friendship there is.

YAY for trips being really really soon!
So, did you start packing? I am going to pack on Sunday. It will be a hectic week next week!

My friend and I did online check in today!
Old 12-07-2011, 09:35 PM   #145
poisonapple_PRINCESS
DIS Veteran

Quote:
So, did you start packing? I am going to pack on Sunday. It will be a hectic week next week!

My friend and I did online check in today!
I am going to pack tomorrow. I'm freaking out because Pat wont be home until I think the day before we leave. Or maybe it's two days before we leave? Either way I'm not happy because O.M.G does it take him forever to do anything. I might go to his house and pack his bags too.

poisonapple_PRINCESS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 05:34 AM   #146
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Siblings (my brother and I did it also...and we are 10 years apart!)
My brother and I did it, too, and we are twelve years apart.
Charleston Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 06:04 AM   #147
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Love it.

Quote:
Cute. Glad you guys have got Christmas fun going in full swing.

I like the boots.
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
MeMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 06:16 PM   #148
disneydreamingdebby
DVC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
Glad you guys have got Christmas fun going in full swing.

I like the boots.
The boots are an early Christmas present. My one asked for real UGGS. I told dh that she needed boots. I really didn't want to spend money on a pair to hold her until Christmas, so I just bought them early.
Old 12-10-2011, 09:19 AM   #149
disneydreamingdebby
DVC Member

Six days--the time will fly. My house is a disaster that must be orderly before I leave. Still have Christmas shopping to do. Have to pack, charge everthing, etc. Heck, I don't even have the itinerary finished! (I loaded the most important stuff in Trip it - Great app, check it out!

I went to a couple of stores last night... spotted these fun T-shirts in the Men's dept at Target...

If they had any holiday themed ones, I would have picked it up for dh.

The forecast as predicted yesterday:

I have to cut this short...my girls are name calling and screaming at each other...UGH..time will fly.
Old 12-10-2011, 05:19 PM   #150
disneydreamingdebby
DVC Member

Okay, I am back...

I forgot to post this exciting shot:

It was UPSed and arrived yesterday. On Monday, I added the quick serve plan to our Pop reservation... we were very excited to get these luggage tags!

Our tree is finished and I see many empty spots to fill with more Disney ornaments upon our return!

I saw the monorail toy under someone's tree on a thread here, and I decided that I really need to get dh the monorail for Christmas!

I started packing our non-clothing/ toiletry items. I have coffee, filters, disposible cups, hot cocoa, poptarts, nut mix, oatmeal, splenda, laundry sheets, and ziploc bags. Later tonight, I may start pulling more.

I received my packing cubes. The slim ones are quite small. I went back on ebags and ordered another set of the variety. They are due to arrive Wed. which means I might not pack until Wed. Once I pack, I'll decide if the slim ones are worth it to keep. I promise to share pictures because I have a feeling I am going to highly recommend these to my dis friends!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: