Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-14-2011, 07:18 AM   #46
Shannon84
DIS Veteran

I always love seeing the huge bundle of Mickey balloons on Main Street

I am excited to see what they think of HM, I was terrified when I was younger and even ran out of the line after an hour wait when we got to the front now its one of my favorites
Old 10-14-2011, 12:11 PM   #47
kcandbella
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shannon84 View Post
I always love seeing the huge bundle of Mickey balloons on Main Street

I am excited to see what they think of HM, I was terrified when I was younger and even ran out of the line after an hour wait when we got to the front now its one of my favorites
I love the balloons too! I don't remember ever being scared of HM but I'm sure I was when I was very young. I remember going as a teenager and loving it. I had high hopes that day that Bella had outgrown her fear!
June 2012 POR
Sept/Oct 2011 Pop
May 2010 POR
Many offsite stays as a child
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-15-2011, 04:32 PM   #48
Tinkermom76
Gawrsh

Hey joining in!!! Very cool that we both did joint trips with a friend!

Me (Natalie) DD12 (Eryka) DD9 (Emma)

May 1989 offsite, May 1999 CBR, Feb 2008 Nickelodeon, Dec 2009 CR, Dec 2010 Pop, Oct 2011, Pop, Feb 2012 WL, Sept 2012 POR, Sept 2013 ASM, May 2014 Pop, Nov 2014 CBR
Old 10-15-2011, 05:43 PM   #49
Mickey_Mom
DIS Veteran

I'll join in too The girls are so sweet together.
Old 10-15-2011, 06:54 PM   #50
kcandbella
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkermom76 View Post
Hey joining in!!! Very cool that we both did joint trips with a friend!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey_Mom View Post
I'll join in too The girls are so sweet together.
to both of you! I am interested to see the similarities in our trips. And if we crossed paths at all!
June 2012 POR
Sept/Oct 2011 Pop
May 2010 POR
Old 10-15-2011, 08:31 PM   #51
amberdburke
Paisley's Mama

Loving your report so far...Can't wait to read more! Your DD's shirts are adorable!
Old 10-15-2011, 10:26 PM   #52
kcandbella
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by amberdburke View Post
Loving your report so far...Can't wait to read more! Your DD's shirts are adorable!

Welcome! Thanks for reading along. Heading to your report now!
June 2012 POR
Sept/Oct 2011 Pop
May 2010 POR
Old 10-16-2011, 07:57 PM   #53
kcandbella
DIS Veteran

I am going to try to have an update ready tomorrow. I am waiting on Stacy to email me some pictures because I don’t have any of the next part. But in the meantime I wanted to share one of my favorite memories involving the Haunted Mansion, since that is where we headed next with the girls.

I was about 14 at the time and I had brought my friend Cathy along for the trip. She was completely outgoing and even obnoxious and at the time I thought it was hilarious. After we went through the stretching room, she started giving one of the younger CMs a hard time. She kept saying (in a friendly but teasing way), “You can’t talk to us, can you? Can you smile? Hellloooo?” and then saying to me, “See? They can’t talk to us. I can bother him all I want and he can’t say anything back.” So we were giggling about that as we boarded our doom buggy.

Well the next thing we know our db is getting ready to enter the mansion part when this face lit by flashlight pops into our car and he said (totally in character) “BOO!” He had caught up with us and jumped onto the side of our car and swung his flashlight lit face directly in front of us. We were NOT expecting that, and we screamed and screamed. My parents were behind us and then said he definitely broke character as he cracked up laughing as he walked away. I giggle just thinking about it, he got her back for sure (and me too!)!!!
June 2012 POR
Sept/Oct 2011 Pop
May 2010 POR
Old 10-16-2011, 08:19 PM   #54
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcandbella View Post
I am going to try to have an update ready tomorrow. I am waiting on Stacy to email me some pictures because I don’t have any of the next part. But in the meantime I wanted to share one of my favorite memories involving the Haunted Mansion, since that is where we headed next with the girls.

I was about 14 at the time and I had brought my friend Cathy along for the trip. She was completely outgoing and even obnoxious and at the time I thought it was hilarious. After we went through the stretching room, she started giving one of the younger CMs a hard time. She kept saying (in a friendly but teasing way), “You can’t talk to us, can you? Can you smile? Hellloooo?” and then saying to me, “See? They can’t talk to us. I can bother him all I want and he can’t say anything back.” So we were giggling about that as we boarded our doom buggy.

Well the next thing we know our db is getting ready to enter the mansion part when this face lit by flashlight pops into our car and he said (totally in character) “BOO!” He had caught up with us and jumped onto the side of our car and swung his flashlight lit face directly in front of us. We were NOT expecting that, and we screamed and screamed. My parents were behind us and then said he definitely broke character as he cracked up laughing as he walked away. I giggle just thinking about it, he got her back for sure (and me too!)!!!
What a great story, Kayce...I love it (and I love your photopass pics...I am finishing up and will be done with our edits tonight).

RIP Genie
Old 10-16-2011, 08:30 PM   #55
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

That is an awesome Haunted Mansion story! My favorite attraction too!
Old 10-16-2011, 08:44 PM   #56
Tinkermom76
Gawrsh

That's hilarious!!!!

Me (Natalie) DD12 (Eryka) DD9 (Emma)

May 1989 offsite, May 1999 CBR, Feb 2008 Nickelodeon, Dec 2009 CR, Dec 2010 Pop, Oct 2011, Pop, Feb 2012 WL, Sept 2012 POR, Sept 2013 ASM, May 2014 Pop, Nov 2014 CBR
Old 10-17-2011, 11:18 AM   #57
kcandbella
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
What a great story, Kayce...I love it (and I love your photopass pics...I am finishing up and will be done with our edits tonight).
Thanks Kathy! I am so excited to get the CD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IheartDDuck View Post
That is an awesome Haunted Mansion story! My favorite attraction too!
I love HM! Such a great attraction!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkermom76 View Post
That's hilarious!!!!
I still laugh every time I think of it!
June 2012 POR
Sept/Oct 2011 Pop
May 2010 POR
Old 10-17-2011, 01:27 PM   #58
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Joining in! Great start so far, the girls are so cute! I can't wait to hear about the half marathon, I'd love to do one of those someday!

NEW December 2013 TR, In Progress!

My TR's/PTR's~2/13 TR~11/12 TR!~11/12 PTR!~5/12 TR!~5/12 PTR!~12/11 TR!~10/11 TR!~10/11 PTR!~11/10 TR!~11/10 PTR!~Disneymoon TR 5/10!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Old 10-17-2011, 05:22 PM   #59
kcandbella
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
Joining in! Great start so far, the girls are so cute! I can't wait to hear about the half marathon, I'd love to do one of those someday!
Thanks! You definitely should. Especially at Disney!
June 2012 POR
Sept/Oct 2011 Pop
May 2010 POR
Old 10-19-2011, 05:54 PM   #60
kcandbella
DIS Veteran

I apologize now for the lack of pictures in this update. I’m still waiting on them but I am going to go ahead and get it posted. I will post Stacy’s/PP pics when I get them!

When I left off we were going into the Haunted Mansion. We entered through the cemetery because I really wanted to see the new queue. The girls had fun trying all the interactive things to do. We had to wait a couple of minutes when we got to the door, and I told them to watch Madame Leota’s tomb closely. When her eyes flashed open they both screamed in an excited way. They thought it was so cool!

As we entered the stretching room, Bella was ok but Kayla was nervous. She buried her head in Stacy’s legs. Bella told me she was going to close her eyes and of course I told her to go ahead if she needed to. She ended up opening them to look at the pictures stretch and thought the lady with the umbrella was funny.

After the stretching room, Bella was a little nervous and Kayla kept saying she didn’t want to do it. Stacy reassured her that it was fun and it was all ok. Stacy and Kayla rode behind Bella and I. Once we got on, Bella kept her eyes closed for a minute but once she opened them she realized it wasn’t bad. I pointed out the clock that has the 13 at the top and she thought that was funny. After that she loved it! Especially the mirrors. Kayla thought the mirrors were funny, too. Both girls said it was fun!!! Yay!

We made our way to Splash Mountain after that to use our Fastpasses. I thought about going to get BTMRR passes for when we were done but Bella was really antsy to get on Splash. Both girls enjoyed it and then we decided to ride stand by for BTMRR which ended up taking 25 minutes. Bella had never ridden this one before but she liked it.

After that we stopped and got a Mickey bar and headed to PoTC. It was a 10 minute wait. Bella is making her “pirate” face in this picture and she didn’t wipe her Mickey bar off her face because she thought it would look like a mustache!

After the ride they had to play around in the gift shop.

Then we walked right on to the Magic Carpets.

At that point we realized we STILL hadn’t met any characters! I had made a Walgreens photo book with pictures of Bella and the characters from May 2010 and they would sign by their picture. We stopped and got Kayla an autograph book and headed to our first meet and greet!

Up next: Who would we be meeting first?!?!?
June 2012 POR
Sept/Oct 2011 Pop
May 2010 POR

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: