Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-29-2011, 03:19 PM   #1
jordancej
Howdy from the Great State of Texas!

Sept 30th MNSSHP Sold Out

Found out the hard way that this was sold out. My mom and I were at the party on Tuesday (big crowd) but had so much fun we wanted to do it again... So I called at lunch time and they sold out by 9:30 this morning... guess its due to to the 40th anniversary and opening weekend of Food and Wine Fest.... Rats!
2004 - December - POFQ / 2005 - December - POFQ / 2006 - October - POP - 1st Solo Trip!! / 2008 - May - POP - Celebrated 40th B-Day! - 2nd Solo Trip! / 2008 - Dec - POP - 3rd Solo Trip! / 2009 - May - POP - B-Day Trip - 4th Solo Trip! / 2009 - Sept - All-Star Sports 5th Solo Trip! / 2010 - May B-Day Trip! - Pop - 6th Solo Trip! / 2011 - Mom & Daughter Trip! - POFQ! / 2011 - D23 Magic & Merriment Dec Trip with Best Friend! - POP / 2012 - Sister & Niece Trip! - POFQ! / 2012 - Planning B-day Trip in May! - POFQ!

jordancej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 03:26 PM   #2
policycobb
DIS Veteran

Glad to hear you still had fun with a big crowd on Tuesday. Wonder how many people sold out is?

policycobb is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-29-2011, 04:17 PM   #3
reallybadeggs
Aye, but we're loved by our mommies and dads.

Does anyone know how many tickets they will sell before they are "sold out"?

Also, is this unusual for a MNSSHP to sell out this early in the season? Or is this an indication that the Halloween Parties will be crowded this year?
Old 09-29-2011, 05:17 PM   #4
jordancej

Believe me, I was super surprised that it was sold out this early I'm the season. Especially since we are leaving on Saturday... I would like to know as well the capacity for parties.
2004 - December - POFQ / 2005 - December - POFQ / 2006 - October - POP - 1st Solo Trip!! / 2008 - May - POP - Celebrated 40th B-Day! - 2nd Solo Trip! / 2008 - Dec - POP - 3rd Solo Trip! / 2009 - May - POP - B-Day Trip - 4th Solo Trip! / 2009 - Sept - All-Star Sports 5th Solo Trip! / 2010 - May B-Day Trip! - Pop - 6th Solo Trip! / 2011 - Mom & Daughter Trip! - POFQ! / 2011 - D23 Magic & Merriment Dec Trip with Best Friend! - POP / 2012 - Sister & Niece Trip! - POFQ! / 2012 - Planning B-day Trip in May! - POFQ!

Old 09-29-2011, 05:29 PM   #5
Sammie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by reallybadeggs View Post
Does anyone know how many tickets they will sell before they are "sold out"?

Also, is this unusual for a MNSSHP to sell out this early in the season? Or is this an indication that the Halloween Parties will be crowded this year?
Way too many in my opinion and it seems to increase every year. These ticketed events used to seem exclusive, not any more. Disney does not release the totals but have heard 25,000 t0 30,000 but last year the week of Halloween it sure seemed more than that.
Sammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 05:31 PM   #6
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

They won't say how many tickets they sell. Only that it's a "limited number". I have always suspected that's so they can move the target from one year to the next.

I read here on the boards that the 9/23 party sold out as well.

Wow. Just wow.

You can still have fun at a sold out party. But you really have to adjust your expectations. You really can't do it all. Make a couple things a priority and then enjoy the atmosphere.
mom2rtk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 01:31 PM   #7
2Tiggies
I am subscribing to this thread just so I can see your shirt
I like those water proof containers that hang around my neck on a lanyard

I am sure the 27th was sold out too. Jordan, we were there too - we stood with you waiting for the Dwarves. I had to have a big hunt for the paper where I scrawled down your username when we got back Just wanted to pop on and say hi You were great company and made the wait feel so much less
2Tiggies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 02:20 PM   #8
nkereina
Wendy Darling

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Tiggies View Post
I am sure the 27th was sold out too. Jordan, we were there too - we stood with you waiting for the Dwarves. I had to have a big hunt for the paper where I scrawled down your username when we got back Just wanted to pop on and say hi You were great company and made the wait feel so much less
I was at the party on the 27th and I heard it was sold out. It was much more crowded than we anticipated, and we found the wait times for rides during the party to be higher than they were during regular hours that week.

It's definitely not typical to have parties sell out in September. Normally only the ones right around Halloween do. Either that was a busy week due to F&W, marathon and 40th anniversary or the party is just catching on.
nkereina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 02:33 PM   #9
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkereina View Post
I was at the party on the 27th and I heard it was sold out. It was much more crowded than we anticipated, and we found the wait times for rides during the party to be higher than they were during regular hours that week.

It's definitely not typical to have parties sell out in September. Normally only the ones right around Halloween do. Either that was a busy week due to F&W, marathon and 40th anniversary or the party is just catching on.
I said all year that would be a really busy week. Free dining was offered twice for September, so for a very long time, the latest you could go to Disney on free dining was right around then. They didn't add Oct to Dec until the end of August, so a lot of folks waiting for fall gave up and took the latest week out there........ last of September.

Throw in the 40th stuff and F/W..... and you have huge crowds.

Still, I didn't expect MNSSHP sell-outs.
mom2rtk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 06:34 PM   #10
jordancej

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Tiggies View Post
Hi 2Tiggies!! Great to hear from you! You were my first ever diser to meet! It was super great to visit with you and your daughter and you were great company as well! Yea, the night just went by too fast though! Thats why usually like to hit 2 parties as well... There is always next time!

Again its Super great hearing from you! Stay in touch!

Old 10-15-2011, 09:10 PM   #11
mlittig
DIS Veteran

We did our first MNSSHP on September 30th and it was very crowded

5/87 Polynesian 5/90 Polynesian 12/02 Off site 8/08 French Quarter 6/09 French Quarter 8/09 All Star Sports 4/10 French Quarter 12/10 Old Key West 4/11 Old Key West 8/11 Pop 9/11 Pop 4/12 Old Key West 8/12 Old Key West 4/13 Old Key West 8/13 Old Key West 4/14 Old Key West 8/6/14 Old Key West
mlittig is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: