Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Sea World / Discovery Cove
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-09-2011, 02:31 PM   #1
scrapbookingmommy
Mouseketeer

2 Days - Suggestions?

We will have 2 days in Sea World over Thanksgiving Break. Suggestions on what to do/see? I have two children ages 10 and 9 who are interested in both shows and rides.

Thanks in advance.
scrapbookingmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 10:15 PM   #2
VikingInMouseEars
DIS Veteran

Not sure abouts crowd levels over Thanksgiving, but in normal times 2 days will give you more than enough time to do and see everything.
The Seaworld Christmas show starts on 11-25, it is done on Fri., Sat. and Sun and is a great time, the park stays open until 11pm and it is included with your regular admission. We are going in late Oct and our main regret was missing the Christmas show.
Have a great time.

Eric
Register to remove

Old 10-11-2011, 10:09 AM   #3
ttree
Mouseketeer

We did two days a couple years ago. First day breakfast with jack hanna, quick que and did non stop rides for about half day - love manta, rode at least 5 times. Day 2 we went in afternoon/ eve and did all the shows, you can time it to go from one to the next
ttree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 10:21 AM   #4
Lynne G
DIS Veteran

I too think 2 days is plenty. The park is not huge and while there are alot of shows, 2 days lets you spread the shows out and maybe do one again if liked it that much. We had an unlimited quick que from the SW package hotel, so riding the rollercoasters and Atlantic tons of times was a good time saver. Feeding the animals and fish on one day, then using that time to do something else the 2 day. My kids were 9 and 13 when we went over Labor Day week-end. 2 days were plenty for us. Kids did not want another day there.
Lynne G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 06:42 PM   #5
scrapbookingmommy
Mouseketeer

Thanks

Thanks for the ideas. My daughter can't wait to get to Sea World!
scrapbookingmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 12:48 AM   #6
GenGen22
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by VikingInMouseEars View Post
Not sure abouts crowd levels over Thanksgiving, but in normal times 2 days will give you more than enough time to do and see everything.
The Seaworld Christmas show starts on 11-25, it is done on Fri., Sat. and Sun and is a great time, the park stays open until 11pm and it is included with your regular admission. We are going in late Oct and our main regret was missing the Christmas show.
Have a great time.

Eric
I am going in December and I also regret that I am not going to be able to see the christmas show as we are visiting WDW also and made ADR's for WDW 180 days out and made an ADR for arabian nights right after we are leaving SW. It really sucks that the other parks like SW & Universal parks don't plan 180 days out like Disney or visa versa as now I'm gonna miss it because I'm going on a weekday and there's no way to move things around without losing my ADR's for that day which are irreplacable for instance Chef Mickey's.. Kinda weak... Ok enough of me venting, ugh

Summer Vacations:
DL offsite 1976 & 1979, DL Best Western Raffles 2004 & 2005, DL Radisson Suites Hotel Buena Park 2010 & 2014, DL Hampton Inn & Suites 2013
Christmas time Vacations:
DL Embassy Suites Anaheim South 2009, WDW POP Century 2011
GenGen22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 01:27 AM   #7
KBF
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenGen22 View Post
I am going in December and I also regret that I am not going to be able to see the christmas show as we are visiting WDW also and made ADR's for WDW 180 days out and made an ADR for arabian nights right after we are leaving SW. It really sucks that the other parks like SW & Universal parks don't plan 180 days out like Disney or visa versa as now I'm gonna miss it because I'm going on a weekday and there's no way to move things around without losing my ADR's for that day which are irreplacable for instance Chef Mickey's.. Kinda weak... Ok enough of me venting, ugh
Last year, Seaworld performed the Shamu Christmas show "Miracles" and the Christmas Sealion and Otter Show "Clyde and Seamore Countdown to Christmas" every night (including weekdays) even if the park didn't close at 11:00pm. So I would imagine they would do the same this year. The only difference between a 6:00pm closing and 11:00pm closing during the Christmas season is, a 6:00pm closing you don't get the Ice Skating show, or a Fireworks show. And You get less time to enjoy the Christmas lights. But You should be able to see the Christmas Shamu show and Christmas Sealion show. And you will definitely be able to ride "Polar Express Experience as that is open all day every day during the Holiday season. So you won't really miss out afterall!

(But things change so this isn't 100% guaranteed. Just being Optimistic!)
KBF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 09:02 PM   #8
VikingInMouseEars
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenGen22 View Post
Keep checking ADRs, quite often you can get lucky and find an opening. For instance I just got an Ohana ADR in 3 weeks, I had checked once and it wasn't there, did a resort wide search not 15 minutes later and it had opened up. If you can find a change then by all means make the change so you can do the Seaworld Christmas stuff, you won't be sorry.
Good Luck!
Old 10-18-2011, 01:58 AM   #9
GenGen22
DIS Veteran

Thanks KBF and Viking. Yeah, I keep looking but no luck yet. I love ice scating shows and would like to see it, but I guess if I missi it I miss it atleast I got to see ALL the other stuff I wanted which I might add is alot. I really can't complain.

Summer Vacations:
DL offsite 1976 & 1979, DL Best Western Raffles 2004 & 2005, DL Radisson Suites Hotel Buena Park 2010 & 2014, DL Hampton Inn & Suites 2013
Christmas time Vacations:
DL Embassy Suites Anaheim South 2009, WDW POP Century 2011
GenGen22 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: