DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-28-2011, 06:53 PM   #16
cvjw
DIS Veteran

We stayed 2 nights last week at OKW for our first visit. We were assigned a studio in building 14, right by the bridge into the resort. You could hear every bus as it came into and went out of the resort - our balcony was right by the road. You could hear the noise inside the villa, as well as on the balcony. I would not recommend that location to anyone who wants a quiet, peaceful vacation.
cvjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 06:58 PM   #17
disneynutz

Earning My Ears One At A Time

Any room close to the road will hear bus traffic. OKW was built so long ago that I know that the windows aren't insulated and maybe the walls too!

Bill

disneynutz is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-28-2011, 07:54 PM   #18
vek239
Mouseketeer

We just got back from our first OKW stay, a studio in #50. Our view was the air-conditioners and utility box.
vek239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 08:50 PM   #19
Karen_DisneyFan
Earning My Ears

We just checked out this morning We were in the Hospitality House section in building 62... On Millers Rd just across Peninsular Rd from the Hospitality House - it was less than 2 minutes to the bus stop. We had a 1 bedroom villa with a view of a pond/fountain. We loved it and didn't want to leave!
Karen_DisneyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 12:40 PM   #20
BethanyF
Id rather be 'stuck' at SSR
This just happened at the right time
I got in with no problem

We stayed in #1110 with a view of foliage. Didn't really matter since the weather was rainy, so I never had much of a chance to sit on the patio. However, the location was perfect in relation to HH. Couldn't have been much better....quick walk across a parking lot and we were at HH.

We could also get off the bus at the Penninsular Rd stop and make it back to the room before the same bus pulled in to the HH stop. Actually, DH went back to the room for something, got off at P. Rd, walked to the room, and went to the HH stop to return to the park. The bus that pulled in next was the one that had just dropped him off.
Old 10-30-2011, 03:07 PM   #21
lovin'fl
DIS Veteran

Are buildings 62 and 63 part of the near HH location?
Old 10-30-2011, 03:16 PM   #22
lovin'fl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brenle View Post
Any pics you care to share with us? Also, which buildings have you stayed in at Turtle Pond? We'll be spending a lot of time at the resort and are hoping for a villa with a balcony in a quiet area.
I think we were in building 39...on the end closest to 38. We could hear some road noise from Bonnet Creek Pkwy when out on our balcony, but not so bad. We did get woken early one morning to guys mowing the grass along the parkway. But it was mostly a nice quiet location with an easy walk to the turtle pond area pool as well as the turtle pond bus stop. It is a hike to the HH and main pool area. Even though we had our car, my DH made us walk it...ugggg!
Old 10-30-2011, 04:54 PM   #23
Brenle
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by vek239 View Post
We just got back from our first OKW stay, a studio in #50. Our view was the air-conditioners and utility box.
Sorry about that. Did you ask for another room? Is all of building 50 like that?
Brenle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 02:30 PM   #24
BabsBunny
Mouseketeer

I believe we were in building 24 this summer. We had view of pond and golf course with some tree obstruction. We had four teens with us and loved being across the street from the HH. Since the bus stopped last at HH before heading to the parks, we started catching it there instead of at our own stop. (It's a long bus trip around that resort.)

DVC Fan and AKV Owner
BabsBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 07:51 AM   #25
snappy
Survivor
Can't even start a dead thread!
Former 5 yr old STAR on stage!

I recently had room 6227, a second floor studio. Had foliage but could see and hear the fountain behind. It was an end unit near the road. It was located on the end towards the HH. It was very convenient as there was an elevator in the building as well as steps away from the door. I did hear a few busses but it really did not bother me as I was never in the room much.
The convenience of the proximity to HH, the boat to DD, the excellent condition of the room, and access to my car were more important to me that hearing some bus noise.

I was there only 2 nights though, and moved to a 1 bedroom presidential at Wyndham Bonnet Creek that I liked even more.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: