DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-09-2011, 11:13 AM   #1
PJMPA
Mouseketeer

OKW Hospitality House Best/Worst Views

My wife and I are headed to OKW next week in a 1BR for a few days and the only thing available was Hospitality House. We normally stay in the Turtle Pond area and have never stayed in HH area. What are the views like in HH buildings, which are the better buildings or, should I ask, are there any HH buildings to try to avoid? Thanks for your help.
PJMPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 12:19 PM   #2
dvcbrad
dvcbrad

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

We've been in building 13 twice ... a nice view of the golf course and a pond with a fountain. Eastern exposure, so warms up quickly in the morning, but provides shade in the afternoon. Great spot!
Register to remove

Old 10-09-2011, 01:57 PM   #3
castleri
DIS Veteran

We had a 2 BR in building 14 ( can't remember if it was a lock off or not) that looked over the driveway coming into the resort. It was not my favorite view but was very convenient to the HH and pool. Building 15 had a great view of the golf course and we enjoyed watching the golfers while we sat on the balcony.
Old 10-09-2011, 02:27 PM   #4
WebmasterDoc
Administrator

DISboards Administrator

The HH category includes Buildings 11-14 and 23-26. As already noted, 11-14 are along the golf course with a couple of ponds and fountains. we've seen otters in those ponds. Buildings 23-26 also have golf course views. Building 23 is next to the bridge and large pond and 26 is right behind the Peninsular Road bus stop.

Here is a map of OKW:
Old 10-09-2011, 02:57 PM   #5
beccasmom
DIS Veteran

We've had mostly golf course views, which have been fine and especially peaceful and lovely in the morning with a cup of coffee. The convenience of the area is more important to us in this case. We often travel with our older parents and staying near the HH tends to be easier for them.
Old 10-09-2011, 05:17 PM   #6
DebbieB
DVC Member BWV 99
You have to compare apples to apples

Quote:
Originally Posted by castleri View Post
We had a 2 BR in building 14 ( can't remember if it was a lock off or not) that looked over the driveway coming into the resort. It was not my favorite view but was very convenient to the HH and pool. Building 15 had a great view of the golf course and we enjoyed watching the golfers while we sat on the balcony.
I always thought I would hate a room facing the road there, you would hear every bus in and out of the resort.

The only room I've ever had in the HH area was building 26, we were on the end close to 25 and had a nice putting green view.
Old 10-09-2011, 09:02 PM   #7
PJMPA
Mouseketeer

Thanks for your responses. Appreciate the information.
PJMPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 02:33 PM   #8
Scrappy_Tink
DIS Veteran

Our request for a two-bedroom dedicated near the HH came through....do all the buildings listed 11-14 and 23-26 have two-bedroom dedicateds, or only particular buildings? Also, does anyone know if these are amongst the rooms that have been renovated? Thanks!

Also, just curious (sorry this is our first stay at OKW!!) anyone know about how long it takes to get to EPCOT from OKW?

Scrappy_Tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 06:49 PM   #9
castleri
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbieB View Post
I always thought I would hate a room facing the road there, you would hear every bus in and out of the resort.

The only room I've ever had in the HH area was building 26, we were on the end close to 25 and had a nice putting green view.
The room in building 14 was actually very quiet- we were there for hurricane Jeannne and hardly heard the wind but of course if you sat on the balcony the bus noise was there and it was definitely not my favorite villa.
Old 10-10-2011, 07:17 PM   #10
WebmasterDoc
Administrator

DISboards Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrappy_Tink View Post
Our request for a two-bedroom dedicated near the HH came through....do all the buildings listed 11-14 and 23-26 have two-bedroom dedicateds, or only particular buildings? Also, does anyone know if these are amongst the rooms that have been renovated? Thanks!

Also, just curious (sorry this is our first stay at OKW!!) anyone know about how long it takes to get to EPCOT from OKW?
The renovation at OKW has been completed. Every building at OKW has dedicated 2BR villas as well as 1BRs and Studios (all lock-offs). There are 27 GVs and they are spread throughout the resort as indicated on the map above.

Epcot is the closest resort and is about 10 minutes from the tme you leave the resort by bus.

Have a great stay!
Old 10-11-2011, 12:37 AM   #11
Scrappy_Tink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebmasterDoc View Post
The renovation at OKW has been completed. Every building at OKW has dedicated 2BR villas as well as 1BRs and Studios (all lock-offs). There are 27 GVs and they are spread throughout the resort as indicated on the map above.

Epcot is the closest resort and is about 10 minutes from the tme you leave the resort by bus.

Have a great stay!
Wonderful, thanks!!! I was hoping it was a short ride to EPCOT as it's the first park we plan to visit the day we arrive!! Can't wait for our first OKW experience!!

Old 10-11-2011, 01:51 PM   #12
Marine Mom
Mouseketeer

Just back from OKW HH category and we stayed in Building 12 which overlooked the golf course. Absolutely beautiful spot and very quiet. Our room was a stone's throw from the HH and main pool but it was very quiet. We never heard any buses, etc.

I too have stayed in Turtle Pond which I love it there also but for convenience the HH cat is great.
Old 10-11-2011, 08:13 PM   #13
Brenle
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marine Mom View Post
Just back from OKW HH category and we stayed in Building 12 which overlooked the golf course. Absolutely beautiful spot and very quiet. Our room was a stone's throw from the HH and main pool but it was very quiet. We never heard any buses, etc.

I too have stayed in Turtle Pond which I love it there also but for convenience the HH cat is great.
Any pics you care to share with us? Also, which buildings have you stayed in at Turtle Pond? We'll be spending a lot of time at the resort and are hoping for a villa with a balcony in a quiet area.
Brenle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 01:05 PM   #14
Scrappy_Tink
DIS Veteran

I can't remember, do the rooms have IPod hookups? I'd like to be able to play Christmas music while we are staying in December, and don't know if I should just bring some portable speakers. Thanks!

Old 10-28-2011, 02:07 PM   #15
disneynutz

Earning My Ears One At A Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrappy_Tink View Post
I can't remember, do the rooms have IPod hookups? I'd like to be able to play Christmas music while we are staying in December, and don't know if I should just bring some portable speakers. Thanks!
The bedrooms have iHome radios.

Bill

disneynutz is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: