Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-02-2012, 01:03 PM   #121
LoveMyTwoPrincesses
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trentmom View Post
That really sounds great.

Thanks for the info

Also, the Disney Soda Fountain place, is that just a gift shop or is that a place you can eat?

Thanks
You are welcome!

The Disney Soda Fountain and Studio Store does have an eating area. There is seating at the counter on stools or table seating. The menu includes sandwiches and several ice cream goodies. Here is a link to the menu-

http://elcapitan.go.com/soda_fountai...ntain-menu.pdf

LoveMyTwoPrincesses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 07:51 PM   #122
LoveMyTwoPrincesses
DIS Veteran

Rockin' and Rollin' with Phineas and Ferb

At this point we started to make our way towards Ariel's Undersea Adventure. Of course we had to stop for a photo op along the way.

As we made our way towards Ariel's we noticed that the Phineas and Ferb dance party was taking place. I had hoped that the girls would be able to see it and we just happened to be in the right place at the right time!

All of the kids had a chance to do the limbo while Phineas and Ferb held on to the pole.

In the next two pictures you can see Erin dancing right in front of Phineas.

When the party finished up Phineas and Ferb rode off.

I think the kids enjoyed themselves, but they were disappointed that they didn't get to actually "meet" Phineas and Ferb. It was kind of strange how they were present, but the kids weren't really allowed to interact with them.

After the crowd cleared out we were able to head in to ride the Little Mermaid ride. I was really surprised how quickly we were on the ride with it being relatively new, but I was glad they we didn't have a wait. All of us enjoyed it and thought it was "cute."

The girls were excited that it was finally time to take Grandma Sandy on Soarin'. We all loved it as usual, but unfortunately Grandma Sandy was not a fan. She is not really a fan of flying or heights and she said she felt like she was going to throw-up. I felt bad that she didn't like it, but I am glad that she gave it a try.

We made our way to grab a FP for Tower of Terror and noticed that Aladdin was going to start in 2 minutes. I had read that there could be long waits for seats to see Aladdin, so we decided at the spur of the moment that we were meant to see Aladdin right then. We were able to grab 5 seats together without a problem and the show started immediately after we sat down. We all enjoyed it very much and I think even more so since we didn't wait at all.

Up next: Hey Big Boy

Last edited by LoveMyTwoPrincesses; 02-24-2012 at 11:03 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-04-2012, 10:27 PM   #123
WDWJonasGirl
Mouseketeer/Directioner

I love the Phineas and Ferb show!! The first time I went, I did the limbo and hula hooping.

Kaitlin: Lover of 5 Seconds of Summer, One Direction, Jonas, and Concerts
WDW: 5/03, 4/06, 12/06, 7/09, 8/10, 6/14, 7/14 DLR: Too Many To Count DCL: 1/07, 7/09, 8/11, 8/12, 6/14 DLP: 6/13
WDWJonasGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 11:18 PM   #124
Trentmom
A Christmas"y" tag for a Christmas Freak!
Talk to you Sharky People Later!!!
Has a high Poodar

Thank you for posting the Disney Fountain Menu. Looks yummy

Love the Phineas and Ferb pics. Looks like your daughter had fun dancing with them

Old 01-05-2012, 09:52 AM   #125
mickeyplanner
DIS Veteran

Thank you for the link to WOC, it was very helpful.
What were your viewing areas like for the show? I am contemplating doing the dinner option for better seats.

Also do you know anything about the dining plan for DLR?

mickeyplanner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 02:45 PM   #126
Lovemy3babes
Is always in need to get herself and her children back to our "Happy Place"!

It looks like a fun dance party for the girls! Too bad you couldn't actually "meet" Phineas and Ferb though. And what a bummer than Grandma Sandy didn't enjoy Soarin'.

Just me and my girl…a very special 13th Birthday trip!
(updated 2/20/14)
Lovemy3babes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 02:33 PM   #127
LoveMyTwoPrincesses
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWJonasGirl View Post
I love the Phineas and Ferb show!! The first time I went, I did the limbo and hula hooping.
The girls really enjoyed the show. They had a great time doing the limbo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trentmom View Post
Thank you for posting the Disney Fountain Menu. Looks yummy

Love the Phineas and Ferb pics. Looks like your daughter had fun dancing with them

You are welcome!

Erin was having a blast dancing along. It was a nice break for the kids to blow off some steam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeyplanner View Post
Thank you for the link to WOC, it was very helpful.
What were your viewing areas like for the show? I am contemplating doing the dinner option for better seats.

Also do you know anything about the dining plan for DLR?
There is a lot of good info in the WOC thread. I am glad that you found it helpful. We ended up on the bridge and it was nice because we didn't have anyone in front of us.

From the sounds of it the DLR dining plan isn't worth it. It is nothing like WDW. You just buy prepaid vouchers for your food. Most people say it is not worth it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovemy3babes View Post
It looks like a fun dance party for the girls! Too bad you couldn't actually "meet" Phineas and Ferb though. And what a bummer than Grandma Sandy didn't enjoy Soarin'.
The dance party was cute, but it would have been nice if the kids could actually get near Phineas and Ferb. They would have really liked if they could have "met" them.

I wasn't surprised that Sandy didn't like Soarin', but I was really hoping she would surprise me!

Last edited by LoveMyTwoPrincesses; 01-07-2012 at 10:14 AM.
Old 01-06-2012, 10:05 PM   #128
WDWJonasGirl
Mouseketeer/Directioner

I loved our fireside girls.

WDW: 5/03, 4/06, 12/06, 7/09, 8/10, 6/14, 7/14 DLR: Too Many To Count DCL: 1/07, 7/09, 8/11, 8/12, 6/14 DLP: 6/13
Old 01-06-2012, 11:15 PM   #129
Kathy Jetson
DIS Veteran

Thats so cool Erin got picked to be the rebel spy! I know my son would think he was greatest thing.

I'm sure River would love Screamin but there is no way I'm getting on that I don't like heights or stomach drops. Did the Matterhorn have stomach drops or did it just go fast? I know I want to ride that one.

Great timing with the Aladdin show and I'm sorry to hear Soarin made Grandma Sandy sick.

I can't wait to hear about the rest of your adventures.
Kathy Jetson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 10:12 AM   #130
LoveMyTwoPrincesses
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWJonasGirl View Post
I loved our fireside girls.
They really did a great job. I thought it was amazing at how well they kept everyone moving and involved in the party. Erin thought that would be a good job for her if she worked for Disney.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy Jetson View Post
Thats so cool Erin got picked to be the rebel spy! I know my son would think he was greatest thing.

I'm sure River would love Screamin but there is no way I'm getting on that I don't like heights or stomach drops. Did the Matterhorn have stomach drops or did it just go fast? I know I want to ride that one.

Great timing with the Aladdin show and I'm sorry to hear Soarin made Grandma Sandy sick.

I can't wait to hear about the rest of your adventures.
It was so funny because we never expected it to be one of our group that would be the rebel spy. The expression on her face that they captured was hilarious.

Screamin' was one of our favorites, but if you are not a fan of heights you would dislike it a lot. The Matterhorn doesn't have the drops, but is more jerky. It is definitely not a smooth ride like some.

We had great timing at so many things that day, but the Aladdin show was the luckiest. I had planned on showing up 30 minutes before the show that we intended on seeing. Walking up a couple of minutes before and being able to still get in was awesome.

Old 01-08-2012, 09:06 PM   #131
LoveMyTwoPrincesses
DIS Veteran

Hey Big Boy

When we were finished at the Aladdin show we were all starving. We decided to make life easy on ourselves, so we decided to just eat at Award Weiners. We all indulged in hot dogs and I was happy that we were able to get apple slices with them.

Just as we were finishing up they were announcing that Muppets 3D would be starting shortly. We quickly finished up our meal and hurried into the theater. There was barely anyone there, so we had our choice of seats.

After Muppets we decided to ride the Monsters Inc ride. We all enjoyed the ride and one of our favorite moments happened just as we were finishing. At the end of the ride our car stopped along side Roz. I don't know if they have different things programmed for her to say or if someone is watching, but whatever it is was absolutely hilarious. Stu was seated in the back and Roz said to him, "Hey big boy in the back, I will be hiding in your closest tonight." Sandy, Stu, and I had the giggles for quite a while after that. It still makes me laugh as I am writing this.

After we excited the ride the girls spotted Sully just coming out and they wanted to meet him.

Once we finished meeting Sully we noticed that the Pixar Pals show was starting up. This was another one of those things that we hoped to see, but had no real plan to do so. We ended up being at the right place at the right time again.

Erin really enjoyed seeing the Incredibles. She thought that she would make a good Mrs. Incredible.

A couple of more shots of the area before we made our way to Grandma Sandy's nightmare.

Up next: Time to make Grandma Sandy keep a promise.

Last edited by LoveMyTwoPrincesses; 02-24-2012 at 11:07 PM.
Old 01-08-2012, 11:32 PM   #132
Dizzy4DL
Dole Whip and a jalapeno pretzel? Don't mind if I do...

Wonderful!

Roz always cracks us up, although we were pretty scared the first time she spoke to us....we just weren't sure what was going on. What she said to your husband.... I would pay good money for her to say the same thing to mine. Too funny.

Disneyland '88, '93, Feb. '10, Jan. '11, Feb. '12, Jan. '13

Disney World - Pop Century April '14
Dizzy4DL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 05:53 PM   #133
LoveMyTwoPrincesses
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzy4DL View Post
Wonderful!

Roz always cracks us up, although we were pretty scared the first time she spoke to us....we just weren't sure what was going on. What she said to your husband.... I would pay good money for her to say the same thing to mine. Too funny.
It also took us a moment to figure out what was going on. I hadn't had a good belly laugh like I did in that moment for a long time.
Old 01-09-2012, 10:13 PM   #134
WDWJonasGirl
Mouseketeer/Directioner

That's hilarious

Old 01-09-2012, 11:17 PM   #135
Trentmom
A Christmas"y" tag for a Christmas Freak!
Talk to you Sharky People Later!!!
Has a high Poodar

Can't wait to try the monsters ride. Sounds cute. We only have a show of it, no ride

The parade pics are great

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: