Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-02-2011, 02:16 PM   #91
Dizzy4DL
Dole Whip and a jalapeno pretzel? Don't mind if I do...

Oh my gosh! I can't believe people flip out like that in line. Those are the people you talk to that dislike Disney parks.
They visit during busy times and expect perfection.

On the same note, I kind of get a kick out of people that say "Why do they get to go first"? when you breeze by in the FP lines.

Disney World - Pop Century April '14

Last edited by Dizzy4DL; 12-03-2011 at 11:30 AM.
Dizzy4DL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 10:40 PM   #92
tessieg
Mouseketeer

Thanks for the updates!!!
tessieg is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-03-2011, 08:44 AM   #93
WDWJonasGirl
Mouseketeer/Directioner

Loved it!!

Kaitlin: Directioner and a Huge Jonas Fan
WDW: 5/03, 4/06, 12/06, 7/09, 8/10, 6 & 7/14 DLR: Too Many too count DCL: 1/07, 7/09, 8/11, 8/12, 6/14 DLP: 6/13

WDWJonasGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 04:12 PM   #94
LoveMyTwoPrincesses
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzy4DL View Post
Oh my gosh! I can't believe people flip out like that in line. Those are the people you talk to that dislike Disney parks.
They visit during busy times and expect perfection.

On the same note, I kind of get a kick out of people that say "Why do they get to go first"? when you breeze by in the FP lines.
The guy flipping out was quite entertaining. It made my time in line go faster since I was kept busy listening to him.

I also get a kick out of the people that don't understand the FP line and it is amazing how many people that is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tessieg View Post
Thanks for the updates!!!
You are very welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWJonasGirl View Post
Loved it!!
Thanks!

LoveMyTwoPrincesses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 02:10 PM   #95
LoveMyTwoPrincesses
DIS Veteran

Mickey's Soundsational Parade

When the hours were first released for Disneyland, Mickey's Soundsational Parade was listed to begin at 7. A couple of weeks before our trip it was changed to 4. At first I thought this would be too early for us to wrap up our rides for the day, but it ended up working out perfectly!

We found a place across from the Matterhorn. This ended up being a great spot for us. The first perk was that we were near a bathroom! With the Matterhorn being across the way there wasn't anyone sitting across from us. Because of that the characters focused on our side of the street.

While we were waiting we decided that we should have a snack. For us that meant it was time for a Mickey bar. I don't know how much actually got in Ava's mouth!

Thankfully she cleans up well.

Before long the parade started to make its way towards us! The drummers were a fun way to start things.

First up was Minnie, Mickey, and pals. For whatever reason, every picture I took of Mickey he had his eyes closed!

Next up was the Aladdin float. We were able to see the Genie, Abu, and Aladdin. The dancers costumes were just beautiful.

The next float carried one of our favorite characters-Ariel! Again the costumes were just amazing. Ariel is positioned on the top on a rotating seat. Unfortunately her rotation didn't allow us the best view of her.

Up next: Mickey's Soundsational Parade continued

Last edited by LoveMyTwoPrincesses; 02-24-2012 at 08:17 PM.
Old 12-09-2011, 02:27 PM   #96
LoveMyTwoPrincesses
DIS Veteran

Mickey's Soundsational Parade-Part 2

Next up was the Three Caballeros. I again had a difficult time getting a picture of Donald with him being on top of the drum. In all of my trips I don't think I have ever gotten a good picture of Donald!

The next float was my personal favorite! It was Rapunzel's tower and featured Rapunzel, Snow White, Aurora, Belle, and Cinderella. It was absolutely lovely.

The next section was a mix of characters. It included monkey dancers, Terk, Simba, and stilt walkers.

Up next: Mickey's Soundsational Parade continued

Last edited by LoveMyTwoPrincesses; 02-24-2012 at 08:22 PM.
Old 12-09-2011, 02:42 PM   #97
LoveMyTwoPrincesses
DIS Veteran

Mickey's Soundsational Parade-Part 3

The next group came a long ways for the parade-Neverland! We had a great a moment during this section. Peter Pan came up to Ava and started playing with her! He wanted her to give him five, but would pull away at the last second. It was adorable, but Captain Hook wasn't impressed. I wish I got a better picture of him, but the shadows made taking pictures tough.

To round out the parade we were treated to Mary Poppins! Mary Poppins has always been a favorite of Stuart's, so he was happy to see her make an appearance.

Overall we really enjoyed Mickey's Soundsational Parade. As Sandy put it-it was delightful. I still catch Ava singing the theme song from time to time. The parade ended at the perfect time for us to catch the next item on our must-do list.

Up next: Flag Retreat Ceremony

Last edited by LoveMyTwoPrincesses; 02-24-2012 at 08:33 PM.
Old 12-09-2011, 08:37 PM   #98
WDWJonasGirl
Mouseketeer/Directioner

The Parade was awesome!!

WDW: 5/03, 4/06, 12/06, 7/09, 8/10, 6 & 7/14 DLR: Too Many too count DCL: 1/07, 7/09, 8/11, 8/12, 6/14 DLP: 6/13

Old 12-09-2011, 11:18 PM   #99
Dizzy4DL

Wonderful parade pictures!

You had the perfect spot for the parade. I wish we could use it to the same effect, but the Matterhorn will be down while we're there and it probably won't be the same set-up.

Old 12-10-2011, 03:42 AM   #100
SnowWhite09
DIS Veteran

I'm really enjoying your trip report - cant wait to read more!
Old 12-14-2011, 09:12 AM   #101
LoveMyTwoPrincesses
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWJonasGirl View Post
The Parade was awesome!!
All of us really enjoyed the parade. I'm glad it ended up being in the afternoon so we weren't too tired to enjoy it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzy4DL View Post
Wonderful parade pictures!

You had the perfect spot for the parade. I wish we could use it to the same effect, but the Matterhorn will be down while we're there and it probably won't be the same set-up.
Thank you! We really enjoyed our parade location. Hopefully the Matterhorn being down will still allow you to enjoy this great spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowWhite09 View Post
I'm really enjoying your trip report - cant wait to read more!
Thank you!
Old 12-16-2011, 08:51 AM   #102
LoveMyTwoPrincesses
DIS Veteran

The Flag Retreat Ceremony

After our enjoyable time at the parade we decided to make our way to the front of the park. There was an event taking place at 4:45 that I thought Stu and Sandy would enjoy-the Flag Retreat Ceremony. When we arrived at the flag there were already several people gathered, so all of the benches were taken. Stu and Sandy stayed off to the side, but I wanted a better view! I ended up standing in a great spot.

In a very short time the Disneyland Band was coming our way.

If you are not familiar with the Flag Retreat Ceremony, members of the United States Armed Forces are honored. Music from each of the U.S. military branches is played. When the music is played from each branch, members of that branch (past and present) are asked to come forward. In this first picture you can see Stu and Sandy behind the gentleman that had come forward.

They began to play the music for the Marine Corp and Stu proudly came forward.

It was so cool to see all of the people that have served in the United States Armed Forces, both young and old.

Continued in the next post.

Last edited by LoveMyTwoPrincesses; 02-24-2012 at 08:44 PM.
Old 12-16-2011, 09:23 AM   #103
LoveMyTwoPrincesses
DIS Veteran

The Flag Retreat Ceremony Part 2

After everyone had come forward they began to lower the flag.

It was pretty emotional to watch the flag being saluted.

Once the flag was down the honor guard folded the flag into the shape of the tri-cornered hat.

We really enjoyed our experience at the Flag Retreat Ceremony. I am so glad that I decided to move where I did so I was able to get pictures of Stuart's face. He was truly moved by the experience. He had several people come up to him following the ceremony to shake his hand and thank him. This was a really proud mom moment for Sandy.

We had planned on leaving the park at this point, but nobody was ready! We decided to do a little shopping along Main Street before heading back to the hotel. One of the things that I really wanted to do was get silhouettes done of the girls. When we went by there wasn't anyone waiting in the shop, so we thought now was the time. This woman is truly amazing. She uses this tiny little scissors to cut out their profiles and I don't think her process took any more than three minutes! The amazing thing is that they looked just like them. After she finished her part the other woman glued them on the backgrounds. We were out of there in under 10 minutes. Amazing.

At this point the girls were ready to be done. We asked Sandy she would be willing to stay with the girls at the HOJO so we could go and scope out California Adventure for the next day. She was fine with that. We walked them back to the hotel and stopped at Quiznos on the way to grab them something to eat.

Stu and I made our way back to California Adventure. We wanted to get our bearings so we would know where to go in the morning. We were able to see the people waiting to get in for the WOC. We talked with a CM and they advised us what time we should be lining up to get certain spots and where they would recommend us to stand.

At 7:50 we decided we needed to ride at least one ride before we left. We made our way to Soarin'! They told us it would be an hour wait, but I think they were just trying to deter us from riding. We ended up waiting about 15 minutes and we were ready to leave the park at 8:12.

Since we were kidless we decided to explore a bit more. We made our way to the Grand Californian and checked everything out. Once we finished up there we went to do a little more shopping at the World of Disney. We didn't last long there because it was absolutely packed. Feeling pretty satisfied with our day we made our way back to the HOJO for some well deserved rest.

Up next: California Adventure

Last edited by LoveMyTwoPrincesses; 02-24-2012 at 08:42 PM.
Old 12-16-2011, 01:28 PM   #104
Dizzy4DL

I was so moved to read about your family's experience with the flag ceremony. How wonderful that Disney does this to honor our wonderful service men and women.

Old 12-16-2011, 10:25 PM   #105
WDWJonasGirl
Mouseketeer/Directioner

Loved the update!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: