Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-16-2011, 10:22 PM   #76
WDWJonasGirl
Mouseketeer/Directioner

Loved the update!!

Kaitlin: Lover of 5 Seconds of Summer, One Direction, Jonas, and Concerts
WDW: 5/03, 4/06, 12/06, 7/09, 8/10, 6/14, 7/14 DLR: Too Many To Count DCL: 1/07, 7/09, 8/11, 8/12, 6/14 DLP: 6/13
WDWJonasGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 11:14 PM   #77
tessieg
Mouseketeer

a question about the Matterhorn bobsleds: they allow kids to be in your lap? I saw a video and it looked like all single riders but I saw your little dd in your lap. What are the rules about that? I have a pretty cautious dd who may be willing to ride if she can sit with me!
tessieg is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-16-2011, 11:42 PM   #78
LoveMyTwoPrincesses
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWJonasGirl View Post
Loved the update!!
Thanks! We really had a great first hour.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tessieg View Post
a question about the Matterhorn bobsleds: they allow kids to be in your lap? I saw a video and it looked like all single riders but I saw your little dd in your lap. What are the rules about that? I have a pretty cautious dd who may be willing to ride if she can sit with me!
She would be able to ride in the same car with you. Ava is sitting on the seat, but I was basically wrapped around her. Hopefully you daughter will be willing to ride along with you!
LoveMyTwoPrincesses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 12:21 AM   #79
Disneydreamsdancer
Mouseketeer

Have just caught up with your TR and loving reading about your trip! You got through so much in your MM, can't wait to read more!

DLRP Aug '94 - Hotel Sante Fe
DLRP Mar '95 - Hotel Sante Fe . DLRP Jan '01 - Hotel Cheyenne . DLRP Jan '07 - Hotel Sante Fe . DLR Cal Jan '08 - Hilton Anaheim . DLR Cal Dec '08 - Marriott Anaheim . DLR Cal Jan '12 - Fairfield Inn . DLR Cal May '12 - Carousel Inn
Disneydreamsdancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 01:02 AM   #80
Dizzy4DL
Dole Whip and a jalapeno pretzel? Don't mind if I do...

Great update! It got me so excited because we love Magic Morning.
And the pictures of you on the Teacups! That is exactly what I look like while riding. I can do almost any roller coaster, but those darn Teacups get me every time....

Disneyland '88, '93, Feb. '10, Jan. '11, Feb. '12, Jan. '13

Disney World - Pop Century April '14
Dizzy4DL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 09:24 AM   #81
LoveMyTwoPrincesses
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneydreamsdancer View Post
Have just caught up with your TR and loving reading about your trip! You got through so much in your MM, can't wait to read more!
Thank you! I was pretty happy with all that we were able to get done. I am glad we used our MM on the first day before we were all too tired to want to get up early!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzy4DL View Post
Great update! It got me so excited because we love Magic Morning.
And the pictures of you on the Teacups! That is exactly what I look like while riding. I can do almost any roller coaster, but those darn Teacups get me every time....
Thanks! We really enjoyed MM. I was hoping there would be less people there since MM isn't typically held on a Monday, but we still were able to accomplish everything that we wanted to.

I could ride roller coasters all day and not have a problem! I have found that the older I get the more trouble I have with the spinning. I think this was my last spin on the Teacups!
Old 11-19-2011, 11:37 PM   #82
WDWJonasGirl
Mouseketeer/Directioner

Looking forward to the next update.

WDW: 5/03, 4/06, 12/06, 7/09, 8/10, 6/14, 7/14 DLR: Too Many To Count DCL: 1/07, 7/09, 8/11, 8/12, 6/14 DLP: 6/13
Old 11-30-2011, 01:45 PM   #83
LoveMyTwoPrincesses
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Looking forward to the next update.

Coming up!
Old 11-30-2011, 02:29 PM   #84
LoveMyTwoPrincesses
DIS Veteran

She is going to be mad that Tink is on my shirt!

At 9 Stu grabbed a FP at Space Mountain and hurried over to where we were waiting at Buzz Lightyear.

Following our spin on Buzz we decided to take Sandy on a ride she had been anxiously awaiting. On the way Erin noticed that there wasn't a line to meet the Fairies. When we walked in the CM was quick to tell us that Tink wasn't there, but Rosetta and Vidia were there. At this point Ava was starting to get concerned that Vidia was going to be mad that Tink was on her shirt. She decided to share her concerns with Rosetta.

In this next picture you can see Ava showing Rosetta her offending shirt.

In the next two pictures you can see that Erin is tickled at the idea of Vidia being upset with Ava. You gotta love a big sister!

Rosetta assured Ava that Vidia wouldn't be too upset.

Ava wasn't sure that Rosetta was telling the truth, so she was slow to approach Vidia. Erin went ahead to explain the situation to Vidia.

Ava still wasn't sure that she was off the hook with Vidia, so she decided that she should cover up Tink with her autograph book.

Vidia decided that she would let it pass this time, but if her and Ava were to ever meet again that maybe she should rethink her choices in shirts!

It was finally time to take Sandy on her much anticipated ride....

I have to say that we all really enjoyed this ride. I love how they have the Disney characters through-out the ride. It ended up being one of Sandy's favorite rides. The same cannot be said for our next choice!

On our way to Splash Mountain we grabbed a FP for Big Thunder Mt. The whole way to Splash Sandy was trying to find ways out of riding, but we weren't letting her get out of it. She even tried to use Ava as an excuse by saying she would stay with her if she was too short. Well, Ava wasn't about to have anyone say she was too small for something-even Grandma Sandy!

I will say that Sandy hated that ride, but I am so happy that she went on it with all of us!

Next up we made our way to the Jungle Cruise. This was a good ride to calm Sandy's nerves after her adventure on Splash.

After our cruise we grabbed a FP at Indiana Jones on our way to Space Mt. We used our FPs that Stu had collected earlier to ride on Space Mt. I was excited that the height requirement was only 40", so Ava would be able to join us. Stu, Erin, and I absolutely loved this ride, but I don't know that there would be any way we would get Ava or Sandy back on this ride again!

Erin and Ava decided that they needed to check this out.

At this point it was about 11:30, so we decided to start making our way to the Golden Horseshoe.

Up next: Billy Hill

Last edited by LoveMyTwoPrincesses; 12-08-2012 at 09:26 PM.
Old 11-30-2011, 04:47 PM   #85
Lovemy3babes
Is always in need to get herself and her children back to our "Happy Place"!

Oh, that's too bad Sandy didn't care for Splash. But at least she gave it a try!

Just me and my girl…a very special 13th Birthday trip!
(updated 2/20/14)
Lovemy3babes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 11:14 PM   #86
WDWJonasGirl
Mouseketeer/Directioner

All caught up/

Old 12-01-2011, 01:23 AM   #87
Dizzy4DL
Dole Whip and a jalapeno pretzel? Don't mind if I do...

Wonderful update!

Disneyland '88, '93, Feb. '10, Jan. '11, Feb. '12, Jan. '13

Disney World - Pop Century April '14
Dizzy4DL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 08:13 PM   #88
dismagiclover
Mrs. Darling: Mom to Wendy, John & Michael

It looks like Pixie Hollow at Disneyland is so cute! I love that it is outside.
dismagiclover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 09:32 AM   #89
LoveMyTwoPrincesses
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovemy3babes View Post
Oh, that's too bad Sandy didn't care for Splash. But at least she gave it a try!
Sandy had told the kids before we left that she would be willing to ride anything that they did. We were just holding her to it! Of course she ended up being the only one of us that got wet. It is funny how it always seems to be the person that doesn't want to get wet ends up being the one that does.

Quote:
All caught up/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzy4DL View Post
Wonderful update!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dismagiclover View Post
It looks like Pixie Hollow at Disneyland is so cute! I love that it is outside.
Pixie Hollow was nice. Being outside with the sun streaming in was really neat. It was even better without a line! When we went by Pixie Hollow on Wednesday Tink was there and it sure made a difference in the length of that line!
Old 12-02-2011, 11:43 AM   #90
LoveMyTwoPrincesses
DIS Veteran

Billy Hill and the Hillbillies

After a very productive morning we decided that it was time for a break. We made our way over to the Golden Horseshoe at 11:30. Billy Hill and the Hillbilles would be doing their first show of the day 12:15. We thought we would grab a bite to eat while we waited for the show to begin. This ended up working out really well. Sandy and Erin ended up getting their meals at the Golden Horseshoe. Stu and Ava decided that they wanted burgers, so Stu ran over to the Village Haus. I ended up going across the way to Rancho del Zocalo for enchiladas and tres leches cupcakes for everyone to share. During this time I also ran to the Haunted Masion for FPs. Everyone was pretty happy after filling up their bellies!

Just as we finished up eating the show began. I wasn't sure if the girls would enjoy the performance, but they ended up having a great time. We all decided it was a definite .

After a very enjoyable show we decided to go see what the wait time was for the Nemo submarines. We decided that we didn't want to wait the 45 minutes at that point, so we decided at the last minute to catch the Captain EO movie. This was not part of our plan at all-but Erin absolutely loved it!

We decided it was time for Erin, Stu, and I to ride Indiana Jones while Sandy and Ava spent a little time shopping. The queue for Indy was something else. Every time I thought we were at the ride car, we still had farther to go!

It was now time to make our way to the Haunted Mansion. Even with our FP we probably waited 20 minutes, but it was worth it. While we were waiting a man in the regular line lost it. He wanted out of the line NOW because the wait was posted at 40 minutes and it had been 45. He was probably 5 minutes away from being inside, but he just went off on the CM and ended up leaving. His loss.

After riding Winnie the Pooh and using our FP for Big Thunder Mt. it was 3:00. We decided to start making our way towards the parade route to select a viewing spot for Mickey's Soundsational Parade!

Up next: Mickey's Soundsational Parade

Last edited by LoveMyTwoPrincesses; 02-24-2012 at 09:08 PM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: