Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-09-2011, 03:03 PM   #61
LoveMyTwoPrincesses
DIS Veteran

Beach Babes

On our way to the beach we decided to go through Beverly Hills. We didn't plan on stopping at any of the stores, but we just felt the need to go down Rodeo Drive.

We decided to take Sunset out to Santa Monica. It was really cool to pass so many mansions. Sunset also took us past UCLA along the way.

We were having such a great time just taking everything in and before we knew it we had arrived in Santa Monica.

We ended up parking in a ramp about three blocks up from the pier. We were happy to find that parking was free for two hours. Perfect! We walked down to the pier with droves of other people.

We told the girls that we wouldn't be riding any rides at the pier since we were headed to Disneyland the next day. They were fine with that because they couldn't wait to get in the water. It was too cold to swim, but that didn't stop the girls from running in and out of the water and playing in the sand.

The girls were starting to get cold, so we decided to move on. It was good exercise walking across the sand.

If you don't get enough exercise crossing the beach you can climb some stairs to the pedestrian bridge over the PCH.

And if you still didn't get enough you can climb some more stairs.

From here we made our way back to the car so we could make our way to Venice Beach.

Up next: Stu, you need to break this mess up!

Last edited by LoveMyTwoPrincesses; 02-24-2012 at 06:28 PM.
LoveMyTwoPrincesses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 04:10 PM   #62
bjscheel
I voted for tigers!
Pork Baby of 1976

Hi! I'm planning a DL/San Diego trip (okay, in 2013 but I'm still planning), so I'm anxious to see the rest of your trip!
November 2009- CBR
June 2011- POR
June 2013- DisneyLand/San Diego
June 2014- CBR

DH Me DD16 DD13

For it is by grace you have been saved through faith, and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— not by works, so that no one can boast. (Ephesians 2: 8-9)
bjscheel is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-09-2011, 04:15 PM   #63
LoveMyTwoPrincesses
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjscheel View Post
Hi! I'm planning a DL/San Diego trip (okay, in 2013 but I'm still planning), so I'm anxious to see the rest of your trip!
Hi! In my opinion it is never too early to start planning!
Old 11-09-2011, 09:15 PM   #64
WDWJonasGirl
Mouseketeer/Directioner

Loved the update!!

Kaitlin: Lover of 5 Seconds of Summer, One Direction, Jonas, and Concerts
WDW: 5/03, 4/06, 12/06, 7/09, 8/10, 6/14, 7/14 DLR: Too Many To Count DCL: 1/07, 7/09, 8/11, 8/12, 6/14 DLP: 6/13
WDWJonasGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 12:12 PM   #65
Lovemy3babes
Is always in need to get herself and her children back to our "Happy Place"!

Wow, how cool! You see Beverly Hills and Rodeo Drive on tv but to see them in person, very neat.

Just me and my girl…a very special 13th Birthday trip!
(updated 2/20/14)
Lovemy3babes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 02:46 PM   #66
DisneyPhreak
Mouseketeer

Glad you got some decent weather when you went to Santa Monica. We went on Monday right after you and it looked like this...

I didnt dress for the cold drizzly weather, so I was freezing all day (even for a Seattle boy ). We got back in the car that afternoon to head back to Anaheim and thats when I started not feeling so hot and ended up in the middle of our trip with full blown strep throat. But I was a trooper and went out every day and did the the vacation "stuff" including Disneyland. Would have much rather taken the weather you had haha.

Some day I'll start on my TR as well. In the meantime I look forward to the rest of your report!
DisneyPhreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 06:53 PM   #67
LoveMyTwoPrincesses
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWJonasGirl View Post
Loved the update!!
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovemy3babes View Post
Wow, how cool! You see Beverly Hills and Rodeo Drive on tv but to see them in person, very neat.
It was so cool to actually see these things in person! I would get so excited just seeing a sign or a building that I recognized. I was a nut when I caught my first glimpse of the Hollywood sign!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyPhreak View Post
Glad you got some decent weather when you went to Santa Monica. We went on Monday right after you and it looked like this...

I didnt dress for the cold drizzly weather, so I was freezing all day (even for a Seattle boy ). We got back in the car that afternoon to head back to Anaheim and thats when I started not feeling so hot and ended up in the middle of our trip with full blown strep throat. But I was a trooper and went out every day and did the the vacation "stuff" including Disneyland. Would have much rather taken the weather you had haha.

Some day I'll start on my TR as well. In the meantime I look forward to the rest of your report!
That stinks that you had bad beach weather and it is even worse that you ended up with strep. I am glad that you were able to carry on, but that must have been miserable. The weather really surprised me. It was crazy how you could be cold and foggy in one area and then drive a couple of miles and it would be warm and sunny. My DH and I were laughing at the weather forecasters and how they really have to work for their money in CA by giving 6 different forecasts in one broadcast for all of the different areas.

I am looking forward to your TR when you get started!
Old 11-13-2011, 08:49 PM   #68
tessieg
Mouseketeer

Smile

Where did you go?! Waiting for some more!!!
tessieg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 08:53 PM   #69
LoveMyTwoPrincesses
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tessieg View Post
Where did you go?! Waiting for some more!!!
I'm still here! I had to take a few days away because the girls and I traveled to Mall of America so Erin could get her American Girl doll. She ended up purchasing the doll that she liked at the LA store.

Off to do another update!
Old 11-14-2011, 09:27 PM   #70
LoveMyTwoPrincesses
DIS Veteran

Stu, you need to break this mess up!

We drove about three miles and arrived at Venice Beach. This area was much different than Santa Monica. In Santa Monica is was easy to find a parking space in a ramp, but in Venice we ended up in a parking lot that was located in an alley way. We made our way to the beach and there were tons of people everywhere. There were all kinds of street performers and vendors everywhere you turned.

Sandy and the girls ended up at a table full of bracelets. The guy that was selling the bracelets saw them coming from a mile away. He told them that the bracelets were $2 each or 3 for $5. Sandy decided that they would all get bracelets and she saw one that was "pretty." She was showing it to the girls and I looked over her shoulder to see that the stone was engraved with a marijuana plant! I turned and said, "Stu, you need to break this mess up! Your mom is trying to buy the girls pot bracelets." He made his way up to guide them towards other bracelets. After we told Sandy what the symbol on the bracelet stood for she was horrified! It was a pretty funny moment to tease her about the rest of the week.

After their purchases we walked along to do some exploring.

There was a big area set for people to skateboard. It was fun to watch people of all ages.

There was also an area where there was a big group of people roller dancing. The music was pumping and they looked like they were having a blast.

After hanging out for awhile we decided to start making our way back to Anaheim. We ended up finally making our Target run for some supplies. We were all so tired by this point that we ended up getting McDonalds on the way back to the room. The girls ended up in bed shortly after dinner and Sandy said she wouldn't mind staying with them if we wanted to watch the fireworks from the pool. We ended bringing a glass of wine down to the pirates cove and grabbed a couple of lounge chairs to sit back and enjoy the fireworks. It was an awesome way to wrap up a pretty fantastic day.

Up next: Magic Morning

Last edited by LoveMyTwoPrincesses; 02-24-2012 at 06:31 PM.
Old 11-14-2011, 11:35 PM   #71
WDWJonasGirl
Mouseketeer/Directioner

Loved the update!! Looking forward to hearing about Magic Morning.

Kaitlin: Lover of 5 Seconds of Summer, One Direction, Jonas, and Concerts
WDW: 5/03, 4/06, 12/06, 7/09, 8/10, 6/14, 7/14 DLR: Too Many To Count DCL: 1/07, 7/09, 8/11, 8/12, 6/14 DLP: 6/13
WDWJonasGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 12:24 PM   #72
Dizzy4DL
Dole Whip and a jalapeno pretzel? Don't mind if I do...

Just found your report and I'm loving it!

Your daughters are the cutest things, they seem to be smiling in every picture.
When you mentioned your daughter being walked away by the woman for a picture it reminded me of a friend of mine. They were in Hawaii a few years ago and her cute young daughter was playing on the beach. Several tourists from another country came over to her and took pictures while she stood there staring at them. It also happened to them at Disneyland.

Can't wait to read more!!

Disneyland '88, '93, Feb. '10, Jan. '11, Feb. '12, Jan. '13

Disney World - Pop Century April '14
Dizzy4DL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 08:20 PM   #73
LoveMyTwoPrincesses
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWJonasGirl View Post
Loved the update!! Looking forward to hearing about Magic Morning.
Thanks! Hopefully I will get in a couple of more updates this week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzy4DL View Post
Just found your report and I'm loving it!

Your daughters are the cutest things, they seem to be smiling in every picture.
When you mentioned your daughter being walked away by the woman for a picture it reminded me of a friend of mine. They were in Hawaii a few years ago and her cute young daughter was playing on the beach. Several tourists from another country came over to her and took pictures while she stood there staring at them. It also happened to them at Disneyland.

Can't wait to read more!!
Thanks for joining in! My girls just love having their picture taken and they were having so much fun.

It was amazing how bold people were in taking pictures of the kids. I can imagine how your friend's daughter reacted after seeing Ava's reaction. She was very confused why a stranger would want her picture-so was I.
Old 11-16-2011, 08:54 PM   #74
LoveMyTwoPrincesses
DIS Veteran

A Magical Morning

On Monday morning we were up bright and early at 5:45! Thankfully we were starting to adjust to the time difference a little bit, but 5:45 is still too early for my taste. We had bought breakfast items at Target the night before, so we just had a bite to eat in the room. Since it was actually clear this morning we decided to get a couple of pictures from our balcony. You are able to see just how close we were to the freeway.

We had three young ladies that were excited to get the day started.

There typically isn't Magic Mornings on Mondays, but the CHOC Walk was held the day before. Because of the CHOC Walk the MM that is usually held on Sunday occurred on Monday instead. MM would begin at 8 and we started to leave our room at about 7. We made our way to the baggage check and found that we were not the only early birds.

The baggage check finally opened at about 7:45. I was glad that we were at the beginning of the line, but it sure was slow going. We made our way to a turnstyle and I was able to get a couple of pictures before we were let in at exactly 8.

I had explained to Sandy that we would be walking with purpose to Peter Pan. I told her if she could keep up with us for these first few minutes it would make a huge difference in how the rest of the day went. I kept with Sandy and it was fun to watch Stu, Erin, and Ava make their way up Main Street.

I didn't want to take the time stop at that point, so I took a couple of quick shots.

Soon we arrived at our first ride-Peter Pan. We were in such a rush making our way into the ride that I didn't take any pictures.

From Peter Pan we made our way to Dumbo. Stu and I had fun being able to ride together since the girls wanted to ride with Grandma.

From Dumbo we made our way to the Matterhorn. We made a rookie mistake on our way to the Matterhorn. I didn't realize that we should just go around on the Fantasyland side to enter the ride. My bust. The Matterhorn did not end up being a favorite for Ava or Sandy.

Continued in the next post.

Last edited by LoveMyTwoPrincesses; 02-24-2012 at 07:54 PM.
Old 11-16-2011, 09:18 PM   #75
LoveMyTwoPrincesses
DIS Veteran

A Magical Morning-Part Two

After the Matterhorn we took a ride on Alice. We really enjoyed Alice since it was a ride that was new to us. We then made our way across the walk to the Teacups. I will make the disclaimer before showing the next pictures-I am not a fan of spinning. I was rather proud of myself that I was even willing to ride!

Since my children love me so much and know that I don't really like the spinning they tried to stop the spinning-yeah, right!

Of course Erin thought it was hilarious.

My wonderful husband must have thought it was funny too, because he took these awesome pictures.

On our way to Mr. Toad we crossed paths with this evil doer.

After riding Mr. Toad it was about 8:50. We sure got a lot done in 50 minutes! We decided to make our way to Tomorrowland instead of riding one last ride in Fantasyland. We wanted Stu to make his way to Space Mountain to grab a FP right at 9. On our way I was able to grab a couple of pictures of the crowd that was waiting for the rope drop. I was sure happy that I was already inside!

Magic Morning was a great success and it sure was a great way to begin our 3 days at DLR!

Up next: She is going to be mad that Tink is on my shirt!

Last edited by LoveMyTwoPrincesses; 02-24-2012 at 07:59 PM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: