Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-05-2011, 04:54 AM   #46
SnowWhite09
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMyTwoPrincesses View Post

Once we are fed we plan on heading to Hollywood. I printed a driving tour of L.A and it has us beginning in the Hollywood and Highland area. We plan on looking around the forecourt at Grauman's Chinese Theatre. We will also walk over to the Kodak Theatre. They suggest heading to the Babylon Courtyard for a look at the Hollywood Sign. When we finish up here we will drive towards Hollywood and Vine to take in some of the surroundings.

Once we finish up there we plan on checking out the La Brea Tar Pits and then heading over to the Farmer's Market for some lunch. When we are filled up we plan on heading to Beverly Hills to see the shops on Rodeo Drive.

Are you able to post the link to the driving tour of LA you used?

TIA!
Old 11-05-2011, 05:22 AM   #47
SnowWhite09
DIS Veteran

I'm really enjoying your trip report - sounds like you had a great time and I can't wait to read more!
Register to remove

Old 11-05-2011, 01:03 PM   #48
WDWJonasGirl
Mouseketeer/Directioner

Love the Hollywood Pictures!!

Kaitlin: Directioner and a Huge Jonas Fan
WDW: 5/03, 4/06, 12/06, 7/09, 8/10, ?/14 DLR: Too Many too count DCL: 1/07, 7/09, 8/11, 8/12, 6/14
DLP: 6/13
WDWJonasGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 08:22 PM   #49
LoveMyTwoPrincesses
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowWhite09 View Post
Are you able to post the link to the driving tour of LA you used?

TIA!
Here you go:

golosangeles.about.com/od/itineraries/ss/1DayLATour.htm
LoveMyTwoPrincesses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 08:30 PM   #50
LoveMyTwoPrincesses
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I'm really enjoying your trip report - sounds like you had a great time and I can't wait to read more!
Thanks for joining in! My mother-in-law and I were talking again today about how much fun we had.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWJonasGirl View Post
Love the Hollywood Pictures!!
Thanks! I took so many pictures in Hollywood! I would have needed at least three more posts if I had shared them all!
Old 11-05-2011, 08:47 PM   #51
SnowWhite09
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMyTwoPrincesses View Post
Here you go:

golosangeles.about.com/od/itineraries/ss/1DayLATour.htm
Great, thanks so much!
Old 11-06-2011, 08:48 AM   #52
LoveMyTwoPrincesses
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Great, thanks so much!
You are welcome!
Old 11-06-2011, 09:42 AM   #53
LoveMyTwoPrincesses
DIS Veteran

What is that smell?

We made our way back to the car and started on our way to the La Brea Tar Pits. We were able to find a metered spot to park and found that we did not have to pay since it was Sunday. I had no expectations when it came to the tar pits, but I was pleasantly surprised. It was fun to see so much green space. Once we got past the girls asking "What is that smell?" a half a dozen times, we were ready to explore.

There was a gentleman that was playing guitar and singing in front of the Page Museum. He took a request from Sandy and when he was finished he came over to visit with us.

About this time everyone was starting to get hungry, so we decided to make our way to the Farmer's Market. They were having a Fall Festival and there wasn't any parking available. We made our way to The Grove parking ramp and we were able to easily find a spot. Walking through The Grove the girls spied the American Girl store. We told them we would stop by on our way out because they really needed to eat.

If you are not familiar with the Farmer's Market, it is a permanent building with tons of different food vendors. If you can't find something you want to eat here it is your own fault! It was a really fun atmosphere and I am glad we decided to stop here.

After our meal we headed back through The Grove and it was hoppin'.

Of course we had to make the promised stop at American Girl. Erin is currently saving her money to buy an American Girl doll, so she needed to remind us which one she wanted! Sandy had never been in an American Girl store before and she was amazed by it.

After we tore the girls away we headed back to retrieve our car. There was a pretty neat view from the parking ramp.

Up next: Beach babes

Last edited by LoveMyTwoPrincesses; 02-24-2012 at 05:08 PM.
Old 11-06-2011, 10:32 PM   #54
WDWJonasGirl
Mouseketeer/Directioner

Love the update!!

Kaitlin: Directioner and a Huge Jonas Fan
WDW: 5/03, 4/06, 12/06, 7/09, 8/10, ?/14 DLR: Too Many too count DCL: 1/07, 7/09, 8/11, 8/12, 6/14
DLP: 6/13
WDWJonasGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 03:06 PM   #55
Minnie Sue Oz
DIS Veteran

Hi there!

Am loving the report so far and looking forward to the next update. We spent a month in the USA last December and we also got into LA for the day so I loved your pics as we only got very limited time! Basically enough time to slip into the Disney Soda Fountain store ( and we found the pressed penny machine too some how!!! ) and we got to take a few pics of the stars on the walk of fame.

I didn't even realise there was a Hollywood sign viewing area, so will checking that out on the next trip!

Take care
Old 11-07-2011, 07:23 PM   #56
reyasmommy
DIS Veteran

Love your trip report. Thanks for sharing your photos of hollywood. We'll be visiting this week and it's nice to see what we're in for. Keep up the great work.
Old 11-07-2011, 08:02 PM   #57
LoveMyTwoPrincesses
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWJonasGirl View Post
Love the update!!
Thanks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie Sue Oz View Post
Hi there!

Am loving the report so far and looking forward to the next update. We spent a month in the USA last December and we also got into LA for the day so I loved your pics as we only got very limited time! Basically enough time to slip into the Disney Soda Fountain store ( and we found the pressed penny machine too some how!!! ) and we got to take a few pics of the stars on the walk of fame.

I didn't even realise there was a Hollywood sign viewing area, so will checking that out on the next trip!

Take care
Thanks for joining in! That's a bummer that you didn't realize that there was a viewing area across the street. That gives you a good excuse to go back! Ava really had a knack for finding the pressed penny machines and she wanted to do one at every machine she found. I will have to be better about bringing along quarters and pennies next time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyasmommy View Post
Love your trip report. Thanks for sharing your photos of hollywood. We'll be visiting this week and it's nice to see what we're in for. Keep up the great work.
Thank you! I hope you have a great time!

Old 11-07-2011, 09:22 PM   #58
tessieg
Mouseketeer

Love the pics of Hollywood. I have the same things on my list for next year: Grauman's, Kodak theater, stars/handprints, La Brea tar pits. Cant wait to read the beach portion!
tessieg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 01:20 PM   #59
Lovemy3babes
Is always in need to get herself and her children back to our "Happy Place"!

I've missed some of your report but went back to get all caught up. Hollywood looks really neat! The girls look like they are having such a good time.

Just me and my girl…a very special 13th Birthday trip!
(updated 2/20/14)

(Hoping for pixie dust to make this happen!)
Lovemy3babes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 07:55 AM   #60
LoveMyTwoPrincesses
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tessieg View Post
Love the pics of Hollywood. I have the same things on my list for next year: Grauman's, Kodak theater, stars/handprints, La Brea tar pits. Cant wait to read the beach portion!
Thanks! I was pleasantly surprised at how easy it was for us to get from place to place. I am sure it was because it was a Sunday, but I was prepared for the worst when it came to traffic. Thankfully we had nothing to worry about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovemy3babes View Post
I've missed some of your report but went back to get all caught up. Hollywood looks really neat! The girls look like they are having such a good time.
Hollywood was very cool. I am glad that we took the time to drive up there. The girls (including Grandma Sandy) had a blast!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: