Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-27-2011, 10:44 PM   #31
WDWJonasGirl
Mouseketeer/Directioner

Love it so far!!

Kaitlin: Directioner and a Huge Jonas Fan
WDW: 5/03, 4/06, 12/06, 7/09, 8/10, ?/14 DLR: Too Many too count DCL: 1/07, 7/09, 8/11, 8/12, 6/14
DLP: 6/13
WDWJonasGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 04:08 PM   #32
Lovemy3babes
Is always in need to get herself and her children back to our "Happy Place"!

Great start!! How does the DTD compare to the one in FL? I also love that Lego mural!

Just me and my girl…a very special 13th Birthday trip!
(updated 2/20/14)

(Hoping for pixie dust to make this happen!)
Lovemy3babes is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-28-2011, 07:59 PM   #33
albertamommyof4
DIS Veteran

sounds awesome so far
albertamommyof4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 08:36 AM   #34
LoveMyTwoPrincesses
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWJonasGirl View Post
Love it so far!!
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovemy3babes View Post
Great start!! How does the DTD compare to the one in FL? I also love that Lego mural!
DTD was a great way to start our vacation. The DTD in CA is smaller than the one in FL, but there was still a lot of great shops and restaurants. It was a fun atmosphere. Isn't that mural so cool?

Quote:
Originally Posted by albertamommyof4 View Post
sounds awesome so far
Thanks!

LoveMyTwoPrincesses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 11:38 AM   #35
LoveMyTwoPrincesses
DIS Veteran

HoJo kids suite

We made our way back to the HoJo at about 5:30. When I finished up our check-in process I found out we were assigned to room 1518. The first number indicates what building you are in and the second number indicates what floor you are on-so we would be in building 1 on the 5th floor. I had booked a kids suite way back in January with the entertainment rate of $99 a night. All of the kids suites are located in building 1 and they are all on the freeway side of the building. We soon found that the gift shop for the hotel is also located in building 1. They had a nice selection of treats and souvenirs.

Our room was the last room at the end of the hallway, as far from the elevator as possible. We did not hear any people in the hallway all week. Sandy was excited to find that we were near the ice machine.

When we entered our room we came into the room with the bunkbeds. In this room there was also a small couch that had a twin sized hide-a-bed, a television, and its own bathroom. It was decided before we left that Ava would sleep on the upper bunk, Sandy would take the lower, and Erin would take the pull-out. Erin said that her bed was comfortable, but I don't think I would have cared to sleep on it for 5 nights.

There is a doorway that you went through that would take you into the room with a king sized bed. In this room there is another bathroom, televison, coffee maker, table and chairs, and refrigerator. It was so nice to have two separate rooms.

Overall we really liked our room. We noticed the sound coming from the freeway, but by the third night I didn't notice it anymore. Turning up the fan on the air conditioner really seemed to help. The only issue I personally had with our room was on the first morning. The outlet did not work in the king room bathroom, so I was unable to use the blowdryer they had and I couldn't use my staightener in there. It isn't that big of a deal, but a big reason we chose this room was for the convenience of having two bathrooms to get ready in the morning and now I had to share the mirror with three other females! We notified the front desk and they did have someone take care of it, but the outlet wasn't usable until our third morning. I was thankful to have my space back!

Up next: Can we go swimming Mom?

Last edited by LoveMyTwoPrincesses; 02-24-2012 at 03:38 PM.
Old 10-30-2011, 12:44 PM   #36
WDWJonasGirl
Mouseketeer/Directioner

Love the update!!

WDW: 5/03, 4/06, 12/06, 7/09, 8/10, ?/14 DLR: Too Many too count DCL: 1/07, 7/09, 8/11, 8/12, 6/14
Old 11-02-2011, 09:26 AM   #37
LoveMyTwoPrincesses
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Love the update!!
Thanks!!
Old 11-02-2011, 09:41 AM   #38
LoveMyTwoPrincesses
DIS Veteran

Can we go swimming Mom?

After unloading everything the girls decided it was time to go swimming! I was rather surprised that it had taken them this long to ask. We needed to return the luggage rack so the girls decided to hitch a ride.

After a short walk we found ourselves at the pirates cove. The girls were so excited to check things out. They thought the pirate ship structure was awesome.

Ava was excited to find a pool that was her size.

Erin didn't have time for the little pool. She was ready to do some sliding!

Stu decided that he needed to get in on the action.

It took a little while to convince Ava to try out the slides, but once she was ready she had a great time.

There was also a hot tub in this area that Sandy and I enjoyed. I also want to give you a heads up. There are water sprayers that the kids can shoot at people. Be sure you are paying attention when you walk by or you might end up with a face full of water. Unfortunately I learned the hard way!!

Up next: Hooray for Hollywood!

Last edited by LoveMyTwoPrincesses; 02-24-2012 at 03:44 PM.
Old 11-02-2011, 04:14 PM   #39
albertamommyof4
DIS Veteran

Looks like they had a blast at the pool, thanks for sharing the pictures of HoJo's.
albertamommyof4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 07:00 PM   #40
WDWJonasGirl
Mouseketeer/Directioner

Love the update!!

Old 11-02-2011, 07:58 PM   #41
LoveMyTwoPrincesses
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by albertamommyof4 View Post
Looks like they had a blast at the pool, thanks for sharing the pictures of HoJo's.
You are very welcome! They had so much fun getting a chance to just play. It was a great way to wind down after a very long day.

Quote:
Love the update!!
Thanks!! The girls sure had a good time that night.
Old 11-02-2011, 09:31 PM   #42
tessieg
Mouseketeer

Love your trip report! Cant wait to read the rest. We are heading for a two week trip next summer to CA with our 3 daughters. Also already have reservations for kid suite at HOJO.
Looks like you had a great start!
Tessie
tessieg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 10:06 AM   #43
LoveMyTwoPrincesses
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tessieg View Post
Love your trip report! Cant wait to read the rest. We are heading for a two week trip next summer to CA with our 3 daughters. Also already have reservations for kid suite at HOJO.
Looks like you had a great start!
Tessie
Thanks for joining in! I am jealous that you are going to CA for two weeks. There is just so much fun stuff to see and do! That is great that you already have your reservation. I hope you enjoy it as much as we did.
Old 11-04-2011, 04:53 PM   #44
LoveMyTwoPrincesses
DIS Veteran

Hooray for Hollywood!

Sunday morning began bright and early for our crew. Due to the time difference the girls were up shortly after 5:00 am. I was really hoping that they would sleep later, but I also knew that the chances were not very good. Since we were all up we decided we might as well get started with our day. After cleaning up we decided to start with breakfast at Millie's. Stu was all concerned that it would be busy with people having a big meal before starting their day, but when we arrived at 7 we were the only ones there and it stayed that way until we left shortly before 8.

We headed to the car and started on our way to Hollywood! I was so nervous about traffic, but this is what we found on I-5 at 8 on a Sunday morning.

It was smooth sailing all the way and we reached the parking garage at Hollywood and Highland at 8:45. We made our way to the Babylon Courtyard to catch our first glimpse of the Hollywood sign!

Just behind the courtyard there are viewing bridges that also give you a great view.

In the next picture you can see the Hollywood Methodist Church. It has a red ribbon painted on the tower. This was the church that people took refuge in the movie War of the Worlds.

They had a really neat path to follow in the sidewalk that would lead you to the Hollywood sign.

After admiring the sign for a while we decided to head on down to Hollywood Blvd. When we arrived at the street level the girls immediately spotted the Disney Soda Fountain and Studio Store.

We walked past and got a look at the Kodak Theatre where the Oscars are held.

Just across Hollywood Blvd. is where the Jimmy Kimmel Live show is taped.

The next thing we knew we had arrived at Grauman's Chinese Theatre. We had a lot of fun looking at the handprints and footprints. We did have a strange moment here. There were a lot of tourist groups in this area and many of the people started taking pictures of Ava. All of a sudden a woman from one of the groups walks up to her, takes her by the hand, and starts walking away with her! Ava freaked out and we were asking her what she thought she was doing. She kept say, "take picture, take picture." Needless to say we decided it was time to move along.

Ava fit perfectly in Shirley Temple's handprints.

The Harry Potter stars.

I love Judy Garland

and Natalie Wood.

Sandy was excited to find Al Pacino.

I made Stu take a picture with Tom Cruise's prints. I used to love him in the Top Gun days.

Continued in the next post.

Last edited by LoveMyTwoPrincesses; 02-24-2012 at 05:14 PM.
Old 11-04-2011, 05:20 PM   #45
LoveMyTwoPrincesses
DIS Veteran

Hooray for Hollywood continued

Along the way we had to take a few pictures of some of our favorite stars.

We crossed to the other side of Hollywood Blvd to get a different perspective on Grauman's Chinese Theatre and the Kodak Theatre.

At this point the girls were ready to check out the Disney Studio Store. Next door is the El Capitan Theatre.

We had to grab a couple of pictures with our pal Mickey before heading inside.

It was pretty quiet inside.

Leave it to Ava to find the pressed penny machine.

We decided we better have one last look at the Hollywood sign before moving on. We took the staircase back to the courtyard and made our way to one of the viewing bridges.

The courtyard was pretty amazing. The elephant statues that were up above were huge.

By this time it was getting much busier and I was glad that we had gotten our early start. It was time to move on to our next adventure.

Up next: What is that smell?

Last edited by LoveMyTwoPrincesses; 02-24-2012 at 05:20 PM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: