Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-09-2011, 06:51 PM   #16
Lovemy3babes
Is always in need to get herself and her children back to our "Happy Place"!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMyTwoPrincesses View Post
I don't know how I would have planned this trip without Disboards. The people here are just so helpful!

I am pretty sure you can get a $5 per ticket discount at Sea World in FL, but definitely keep an eye out for better deals. I found the awesome deal that we got on the Mousesavers site. Someone had posted that the deal was in the California AAA magazine and they included the promo code to purchase online. It was also nice because the tickets don't expire until one year from the date of purchase.

I will have to keep an eye out for you. We know two of the guys coaching for the Seahawks this year, so I have been paying attention to the team a bit more. I am a Minnesota Vikings gal, but I am a little embarrassed to admit that this year! Thankfully my North Dakota State Bison are now 5-0 or I don't know what I would do! I'm sure there aren't too many NDSU shirts running around, so if you see one it will probably be us.
Thank you for the tip on SW tickets. I also am a Vikings fan. Thank goodness we finally got a win today! It was about time!

Just me and my girl…a very special 13th Birthday trip!
(updated 2/20/14)
Lovemy3babes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 08:28 PM   #17
LoveMyTwoPrincesses
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyPhreak View Post
I'll definitely keep my eye out. If I dont see you there, have a great trip!
I just looked at the 10 day extended forecast. If it stays the way it looks right now it will be great. Hope you have a great trip also!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovemy3babes View Post
Thank you for the tip on SW tickets. I also am a Vikings fan. Thank goodness we finally got a win today! It was about time!
You are very welcome!

You are so right-it is about time! The Vikings break my heart every year, but I still love 'em.
LoveMyTwoPrincesses is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-09-2011, 08:56 PM   #18
LoveMyTwoPrincesses
DIS Veteran

Day 1 plans

Day one will begin bright and early. Our flight leaves at 6:15 a.m.! We booked our flights way back in December because the price was definitely right. The bad thing about booking so early is that our flight times have changed three times. I can’t complain too much because the prices were that good. The bonus of leaving early is arriving early! We will be arriving at John Wayne shortly after noon. Every person that I have talked to about airports in L.A. have said that John Wayne is the way to go. I hope we find that to be the case.

We will be renting a car, so our first task on our agenda will be to pick the car up. On the way to the HOJO we will be making a pit stop at a Target or Walmart for some supplies. Does anybody have information about where a good stop would be near HOJO?

Once we get checked in I am sure the kids will be ready to hit the pool. After eight hours of travel and an early wake-up call, I am sure they will be ready to blow off some steam! I am pretty sure I will be ready too.

After spending some time swimming we plan to head over to Downtown Disney for a bite to eat and a little bit of shopping at the World of Disney store. I hope to get the girls some autograph books so that I won’t have to worry about it later. Does anyone have a suggestion of where we should eat?

We hope to have an early evening so we will be ready for our next days adventures!

Up next: Day 2 plans
Old 10-10-2011, 01:36 PM   #19
Lovemy3babes
Is always in need to get herself and her children back to our "Happy Place"!

Early flights are tiring but you are right, that means you arrive earlier! I think swimming is a good idea after a flight. The girls will have fun letting out some of their energy!

Just me and my girl…a very special 13th Birthday trip!
(updated 2/20/14)
Lovemy3babes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 07:40 AM   #20
dismagiclover
Mrs. Darling: Mom to Wendy, John & Michael

I'm glad I made it over here before you leave! 2 days!!!! Exciting! We spent a few days in CA this past summer and had a great time! The HoJo was great. Just a hop, skip and a jump away. San Diego is beautiful! I'm excited to hear about your trip! Have a great time!
dismagiclover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 10:20 AM   #21
LoveMyTwoPrincesses
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dismagiclover View Post
I'm glad I made it over here before you leave! 2 days!!!! Exciting! We spent a few days in CA this past summer and had a great time! The HoJo was great. Just a hop, skip and a jump away. San Diego is beautiful! I'm excited to hear about your trip! Have a great time!
Thanks for coming over Jenny! I think this is going to be the longest two days that I have had in a long time. The bags are packed and I am so ready to go.

I didn't realize that you stayed at the HOJO when you went to CA. Did you have a kids suite or what type of room did you have? The girls can't wait to use the pool.

Do you have a place that you liked to eat when you were in San Diego? There are so many choices that I am having a hard time narrowing it down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovemy3babes View Post
Early flights are tiring but you are right, that means you arrive earlier! I think swimming is a good idea after a flight. The girls will have fun letting out some of their energy!
I think a swim will feel great after spending so much time on an airplane. The girls always have extra energy to spare, but I think they will be even crazier than usual come Saturday!
Old 10-13-2011, 10:42 AM   #22
LoveMyTwoPrincesses
DIS Veteran

Day 2 plans

I am expecting that we will be up bright and early on Sunday morning. The time difference will be two hours for us, so I wouldn't be surprised if the girls are up by 5:00 am!

Since we will be up so early I think that we will try to have a large breakfast this morning. I signed up for coupons from both Mimi's Cafe and Millie's, so I was considering one of these two as an option. It looks like Mimi's opens at 7 and Millie's opens at 6, so this might help make the decision.

Once we are fed we plan on heading to Hollywood. I printed a driving tour of L.A and it has us beginning in the Hollywood and Highland area. We plan on looking around the forecourt at Grauman's Chinese Theatre. We will also walk over to the Kodak Theatre. They suggest heading to the Babylon Courtyard for a look at the Hollywood Sign. When we finish up here we will drive towards Hollywood and Vine to take in some of the surroundings.

Once we finish up there we plan on checking out the La Brea Tar Pits and then heading over to the Farmer's Market for some lunch. When we are filled up we plan on heading to Beverly Hills to see the shops on Rodeo Drive.

For the late afternoon and evening we would like to head out to the Santa Monica Pier or Venice Beach. Would you suggest taking Wilshire or Sunset to head out that direction? After a long day of running around we will head back "home" to rest for our first day at Disneyland!

Up next: Day 3
Old 10-13-2011, 11:01 AM   #23
LoveMyTwoPrincesses
DIS Veteran

Day 3 plans

Today is the day we have been waiting for! We are headed to Disneyland! To start things off right we will be attending Magic Morning. We figured that it would be a great way to start and with Magic Morning not typically being held on Mondays I am hoping it will less busy with people not realizing that MM is going on. A girl can hope! We are hoping to accomplish a lot in Fantasyland, with Peter Pan being our first stop. I can't think of a better ride to start with!

I have been using both Touring Plans and Ridemax to help with our planning. With that said, I have three different itineraries planned for each day! The only thing that is a must-do for this day is to see Billy Hill and the Hillbillies since this is the only day they will perform while we are there. We also plan to wrap up our day by seeing the Mickey's Soundsational Parade. Does anyone have any good viewing tips? It is showing at 4 and after having an early start in the morning the girls will probably be getting tired. The nice thing about my MIL coming with is she would be willing to stay with the girls back at the hotel if Stu and I wanted to come back to the parks.

Up next: Day 4
Old 10-14-2011, 04:37 PM   #24
LoveMyTwoPrincesses
DIS Veteran

Day 4 plans

Today the plan is to spend the day at California Adventure. I am hoping that I can convince one of the kids to hit the opening at Disneyland before DCA opens, but otherwise I might spend some time at Disneyland alone. When DCA opens the plan is to head directly to Toy Story. We have done the rope drop at Hollywood Studios the past two years to ride Toy Story, so I am interested to see the difference in how the stampede is!

Our main thing that we want to see today is the Aladdin show. We are really looking forward to this one. The girls are also really excited to take Grandma Sandy on Tower of Terror. She is terrified of heights, but she said she would be willing to go on anything that the girls wanted her to. She may regret saying that to them because goodness knows that they haven't forgotten that she said it! I think Stu is really looking forward to California Screamin'. It should be a great day!

Last edited by LoveMyTwoPrincesses; 10-27-2011 at 08:09 PM.
Old 10-14-2011, 04:45 PM   #25
LoveMyTwoPrincesses
DIS Veteran

Day 5 plans

Today will be our last day at DLR. Thanks to some kind DISers we will be headed to Toontown Morning Madness to start our day! Once we see the ceremony I plan to head over to DCA for passes to WOC while the rest of the crew gets in line to meet Rapunzel. She started meet and greets at WDW the week after we were there last year, so the girls are anxious to get a chance to meet her.

The plan for the rest of the morning is to see anything we missed or wanted to see again at Disneyland. Once we are satisfied that we have done everything that we want we will head over to DCA. To wrap up our time at DLR we plan to see WOC. It should be an awesome way to end our stay!

Last edited by LoveMyTwoPrincesses; 10-27-2011 at 08:09 PM.
Old 10-14-2011, 10:32 PM   #26
WDWJonasGirl
Mouseketeer/Directioner

Subscribing!!

Kaitlin: Lover of 5 Seconds of Summer, One Direction, Jonas, and Concerts
WDW: 5/03, 4/06, 12/06, 7/09, 8/10, 6/14, 7/14 DLR: Too Many To Count DCL: 1/07, 7/09, 8/11, 8/12, 6/14 DLP: 6/13
WDWJonasGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 11:15 AM   #27
LoveMyTwoPrincesses
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWJonasGirl View Post
Subscribing!!
Welcome!!
Old 10-15-2011, 11:22 AM   #28
LoveMyTwoPrincesses
DIS Veteran

On our way!!

Well, we are currently sitting in Salt Lake City waiting for our connection to John Wayne. To say that my kids are excited is an understatement! It was fun to listen to the family that is near us at the gate just tell their children that they are headed to Disneyland. I would love to surprise my kids, but I would never be able to keep that secret! See ya next week!
Old 10-19-2011, 11:18 PM   #29
LoveMyTwoPrincesses
DIS Veteran

Just left Disneyland

We just left Main Street for the last time tonight. The last three days have been absolutely fabulous. I was sad to leave, but the last hour and a half that I spent at Disneyland couldn't have been better. I can't wait to share with you about the fun that we had.

We will be headed to San Diego in the morning, so thankfully we don't have to leave California just yet!
Old 10-27-2011, 09:18 PM   #30
LoveMyTwoPrincesses
DIS Veteran

October 15-Day 1

The day that we had been planning for the last 10 months had finally arrived! We were headed to California! Due to an early flight time, our alarm went off at 3:45 am. I was thankful that I got to bed at 9 the night before, but boy did that alarm seem to go off right when I fell asleep. The kids were pretty slow moving and I could hardly blame them. We made it to the airport by 4:45 and the waiting game began. Our plane left on time at 6:15 with some pretty happy people aboard.

We had an "It's A Small World" moment on this particular flight. The seat next to my MIL was empty for the longest time. At the last minute a woman came down the aisle to occupy the seat and she happened to be a patient from my office. She was a very nervous flier and she was glad that my MIL had no desire to have the window shade open. They were perfect travel companions!

We ended up arriving in Salt Lake City about 20 minutes early, which meant we now had about a 3 1/2 hour layover. When we went to have some breakfast at Dick Clarks the server told us we would need to patient because the food would take about 30 minutes to arrive. Thankfully we were in no hurry.

After a two hour flight we finally arrived at John Wayne. This airport was the perfect size for us. It was just so easy and after the horror stories I have heard about LAX, I am glad we made the choice that we did.

We made our way to the Hertz counter to pick-up our car. After checking in we made our way across the street to retrieve the car. Of course the girls needed a picture with John Wayne first.

Soon we were on our way to the HOJO. I was so relieved to find that the traffic was light on our way. From the time we landed, used the restroom, picked up our car, and drove to the HOJO it took us 1 hour and 15 minutes. It was 1:30 when I went and tried to check-in. They said that our room wasn't available yet, but they gave us our room number and parking pass so we could park right away. We had planned to head to Target right away for supplies, but we were starving! We decided to head across the street to Mimi's for a late lunch.

Mimi's was super convenient and the food was pretty tasty, but our server must have been having a really bad day. When she initially came to take our order she was awesome, but she quickly went downhill. First she brought out everyones drinks but mine. She said she would get it, but then she disappeared. After about 5 minutes someone else brought my drink and about a minute later she showed up with one. Next our meals arrived, but both my MIL and I had ordered soup with our meals. She said she forgot them, so she would get the soups now. We ended up getting them when we were done with our meals. Both when we ordered and when it was time to pay our bills my MIL asked for a separate ticket because she wanted to pay for her own meals. First our server forgot to split the tickets so she disappeared for about 10 minutes and when she did split them she came back to the table three times to ask which credit card belonged to which ticket. When she came back to the table with my ticket to sign she ran it for a completely different amount and had overbilled me for about $15. At this point she disappeared again. I finally couldn't stand waiting any longer and headed to the front and asked to speak to a manager. She took care of cancelling the incorrect transaction and charging me the correct amount, but I was annoyed that it had gotten to that point. Hopefully my credit card statement will be correct when I receive it! It was disappointing because the food really hit the spot!

At this point we were ready for a Disney fix! We decided that we would walk to DTD and check it out. I really enjoyed that it only took about 9 minutes for us to arrive at the baggage check. Of course we had to time ourselves to see if the walk time that the HOJO stated was true! Once we made it through we all stopped and took it all in.

It was fun to catch our first glimpse of the Halloween decorations at Disnelyand.

After gawking for a bit we made our way to DTD. Erin was pretty happy taking pictures along the way and had to take time for a photo shoot with Ava. It was pretty cute watching her direct Ava on how to pose.

They also had to stop and make a wish at the fountain.

We made our way all the way through DTD and I had to grab a couple of pictures of the Disneyland Hotel.

We made a stop in the Lego store and I just love this mural!

I would say that the favorite stop for the girls was the Disney365 store. They would have stayed all night if they could.

I think Sandy was feeling the need to be fancy like her granddaughters!

After successfully spending some money at the World of Disney store we decided it was time to see if our room was ready.

Up next: HoJo kids suite

Last edited by LoveMyTwoPrincesses; 02-24-2012 at 03:30 PM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: