Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-18-2012, 05:19 PM   #151
LoveMyTwoPrincesses
DIS Veteran

Toontown Morning Madness Part 1

It was time for our last day at Disneyland. Thanks to some kind people on DIS Boards, we would be attending Toontown Morning Madness! I had received four passes, so we weren't sure if Sandy would be able to attend with us. She said that it would be fine if she couldn't and she would find a spot to read her book for a bit.

We left the HOJO at about 8 this morning. We could tell right away that it would be a much busier day today.

When we were let in we made our way to the turnstyles. I decided to get a couple of pictures while we waited.

Once we were through the turnstyles we made it to the rope. We soon realized that we were next to the couple that we sat by the evening before at WOC. It's a small world after all.

Here is the view behind me at the rope drop.

And the view the view in front of me at the rope drop. I much prefer the forward view!

Once the rope dropped we made our way back to Toontown. When we arrived I explained to the CM that we only had four passes and would it be possible for my MIL to join us. He told Stu that it was up to him since she was his mother! Stu decided to let her come along and before we knew it we were meeting Mickey.

And lovely Minnie!

We decided not to take the time to see Pluto again since he had spent so much time with us at California Adventure the day before. That meant we had more time to explore Toontown before the show began!

Continued in the next post.

Last edited by LoveMyTwoPrincesses; 02-24-2012 at 09:50 PM.
LoveMyTwoPrincesses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 05:33 PM   #152
LoveMyTwoPrincesses
DIS Veteran

Toontown Morning Madness Part 2

Toontown at Disneyland is just fabulous! First the girls wanted to check out City Hall.

They thought it was pretty funny to be in the dog pound.

Then they had to bicker a bit over who got to "drive" the truck.

We decided we better take a seat for the show to begin. We were lucky to get a table right up front. The CMs were great about making sure that nobody stood in front of anyone.

Let the show begin!

Ava was loving every minute of it!

Continued in the next post.

Last edited by LoveMyTwoPrincesses; 02-24-2012 at 09:55 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-18-2012, 05:45 PM   #153
LoveMyTwoPrincesses
DIS Veteran

Toontown Morning Madness Part 3

After the show we grabbed a FP for Roger Rabbit to use later in day. The girls decided that they wanted to ride Gadget's Go Coaster before we left Toontown.

We asked the girls if they wanted to go in any of the houses, but they decided that they wanted to head on to the next adventure.

We truly enjoyed our time at Toontown Morning Madness. Thanks again smiles145 and Butterfly123 for sharing your passes!

Last edited by LoveMyTwoPrincesses; 02-24-2012 at 10:01 PM.
Old 01-18-2012, 10:31 PM   #154
WDWJonasGirl
Mouseketeer/Directioner

That was nice of the dis'ers. I've never been to toontown at rope drop before.

Kaitlin: Directioner and a Huge Jonas Fan
WDW: 5/03, 4/06, 12/06, 7/09, 8/10, ?/14 DLR: Too Many too count DCL: 1/07, 7/09, 8/11, 8/12, 6/14
DLP: 6/13
WDWJonasGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 11:20 PM   #155
Trentmom
A Christmas"y" tag for a Christmas Freak!
Talk to you Sharky People Later!!!
Has a high Poodar

Looks like the girls were having a lot of fun

Your toontown is so cute and cartoon like. I love it
Old 01-19-2012, 09:46 AM   #156
LoveMyTwoPrincesses
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWJonasGirl View Post
That was nice of the dis'ers. I've never been to toontown at rope drop before.
I was getting to the point where I didn't think we would be able to go to TTMM, but about two weeks before our trip I was a lucky recipient of some pixie dust. It was so nice of them to share the passes that they didn't use. If you ever get the chance to attend, you should. The show was really cute.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trentmom View Post
Looks like the girls were having a lot of fun

Your toontown is so cute and cartoon like. I love it
The girls had a blast and I was so happy that they were able to attend. Toontown is just amazing with all of its details. It really was adorable.
Old 01-19-2012, 02:08 PM   #157
Lovemy3babes
Is always in need to get herself and her children back to our "Happy Place"!

Wow, Toontown in Disneyland is very neat! I love the mayor's hat! lol!!! The girls look like they were having lots of fun!

I would have laughed out loud when the CM said it was up to Stu if Sandy could come along. That is hilarious!!

Just me and my girl…a very special 13th Birthday trip!
(updated 2/20/14)

(Hoping for pixie dust to make this happen!)
Lovemy3babes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 04:40 PM   #158
LoveMyTwoPrincesses
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovemy3babes View Post
Wow, Toontown in Disneyland is very neat! I love the mayor's hat! lol!!! The girls look like they were having lots of fun!

I would have laughed out loud when the CM said it was up to Stu if Sandy could come along. That is hilarious!!
Toontown in Disneyland was a highlight of the trip. The whole area is just awesome. I really enjoyed the show that they put on and it was fun to see all of the characters.

I was a thrown for second when the CM said that and when it really dawned on me what he had said I started to chuckle. Thankfully for Sandy her son was willing to let her come along!
Old 01-19-2012, 08:47 PM   #159
Kathy Jetson
DIS Veteran

I love the Halloween decorations at Disneyland!

Thats so funny when the cm told Stu she's your mom

Wow there Toontown really blows WDW's away. Well at least while it was still there.

I've never heard of TTMM. Is it that they let you in early and the characters put on a show? How do you get tickets? I know someone gave them to you but how does everyone else get them? Is it something you have to get weeks in advance or is it like a fastpass? Sorry I know thats a lot of questions!

I can't wait to hear more
Kathy Jetson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 03:53 PM   #160
LoveMyTwoPrincesses
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy Jetson View Post
I love the Halloween decorations at Disneyland!

Thats so funny when the cm told Stu she's your mom

Wow there Toontown really blows WDW's away. Well at least while it was still there.

I've never heard of TTMM. Is it that they let you in early and the characters put on a show? How do you get tickets? I know someone gave them to you but how does everyone else get them? Is it something you have to get weeks in advance or is it like a fastpass? Sorry I know thats a lot of questions!

I can't wait to hear more
The Halloween decorations at Disneyland seem to be more elaborate than those at WDW. They were really awesome.

Toontown was way nicer at Disneyland. The details are just adorable. TTMM is available on certain days of the week, I believe Monday, Wednesday, Friday, or Saturday. You are able to go in 1 hour before the general public is allowed. There are a few characters available for autographs and the Roger Rabbit and Gadgets Go Coaster rides are open. At about 20 minutes past the hour they have a ceremony where everyone becomes "Honorary Citizens" of Toontown. The ceremony is what most of my pictures are from. They give everyone a button at the end of the ceremony to note that they are Honorary Citizens.

People get their vouchers to attend by booking a vacation package through a travel company like the Walt Disney Travel Company or AAA. The people that gave me their vouchers had got them from booking packages, but they didn't use the vouchers while they were at Disneyland and were kind enough to pass them on. I was on a list on the Disneyland thread of people that were requesting unused vouchers. I had placed my name on the list the January before the trip and I didn't think I would end up being able to get any. I am very thankful for those that are willing to pass on some pixie dust.
Old 01-20-2012, 11:47 PM   #161
Kathy Jetson
DIS Veteran

Thank you for all the information!
Kathy Jetson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 09:36 AM   #162
LoveMyTwoPrincesses
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy Jetson View Post
Thank you for all the information!
You are welcome!
Old 01-25-2012, 08:37 AM   #163
LoveMyTwoPrincesses
DIS Veteran

Rapunzel

We finished up our visit in Toontown and decided that if we were going to ride on the Nemo Submarines that now was the time. We made our way to find that the wait was 40 minutes. I really wasn't too keen on the idea of riding because I felt like I would have some issues with claustrophobia. I offered to grab some FPs for all of us to ride Star Tours later in the day and then I would go get in the line for Rapunzel. Everyone agreed and I went on my way. I couldn't resist taking some pictures along the way.

I arrived at the Tangled Meet and Greet at about 10:15 and she would be arriving at 11:00 that morning. It worked out perfectly because the kids were occupied with a ride, while I was able to wait and just enjoy my surroundings. There was already two sets of grandparents that were waiting while their grandchildren were enjoying Fantasyland. I had a great time visiting with the grandpa that was ahead of me.

At about 10:45 the rest of my crew arrived. At this point the line had grown by leaps and bounds, so I was glad that I had decided to make my way early. My group was able to stay in good spirits while they finished their wait to meet Rapunzel.

I'm not sure what kind of trouble these two were cooking up!

It was finally time for the moment the girls had been waiting for. They have been wanting to meet her since our trip to WDW in 2010. They were so excited that Rapunzel was starting her own meet and greet, but it opened the week after we were there. This meet was a long time coming!

Up next: Lovely Ladies

Last edited by LoveMyTwoPrincesses; 02-02-2012 at 09:08 PM.
Old 01-25-2012, 12:26 PM   #164
Dizzy4DL
Dole Whip and a jalapeno pretzel? Don't mind if I do...

All caught up!

My daughter has brunette hair and she prefers the way Rapunzel looks at the end of the movie. Of course her best friend is blond and they have had many lively debates about the "better" Rapunzel.

Dizzy4DL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 12:52 PM   #165
Lovemy3babes
Is always in need to get herself and her children back to our "Happy Place"!

Oh, Rapunzel is so pretty. I'm glad you got to meet her!

Just me and my girl…a very special 13th Birthday trip!
(updated 2/20/14)

(Hoping for pixie dust to make this happen!)
Lovemy3babes is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: