Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-10-2012, 08:46 PM   #136
LoveMyTwoPrincesses
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWJonasGirl View Post
That's hilarious

It really was a funny moment. We all stopped for a second and wondered if we really heard her right and just busted out laughing when we realized that we had!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trentmom View Post
Can't wait to try the monsters ride. Sounds cute. We only have a show of it, no ride

The parade pics are great
It was a really cute ride. Be sure to listen closely to what Roz has to say!

Thanks!
LoveMyTwoPrincesses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 08:58 PM   #137
Kathy Jetson
DIS Veteran

It sounds like you guys were having great timing with everything. Did roz embarrass Stu? I'd love to ride that I hope they get a Monsters Inc ride at DHS they need something else there.
Kathy Jetson is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-10-2012, 09:08 PM   #138
LoveMyTwoPrincesses
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy Jetson View Post
It sounds like you guys were having great timing with everything. Did roz embarrass Stu? I'd love to ride that I hope they get a Monsters Inc ride at DHS they need something else there.
I had the afternoon planned to catch the different shows and we didn't need to follow the plan at all! Things just kept falling into place for us that day.

Stu doesn't embarrass easily. He was in the Marine Corp and then the Army Guard for 10 years, so it takes a lot to make him blush. He just thought it was very witty. He jokingly said he was going to ask Roz for her number.

The Monsters Inc ride would make a nice addition to DHS.

Last edited by LoveMyTwoPrincesses; 02-29-2012 at 09:21 PM.
Old 01-12-2012, 05:00 PM   #139
LoveMyTwoPrincesses
DIS Veteran

Grandma Sandy's Promise and World of Color

It was finally time for Grandma Sandy to keep her promise! She had been telling the girls since the beginning of our planning of this trip that she would ride anything that they were willing to ride. The ride that had her possibly regretting that promise was Tower of Terror because of her fear of heights. Because of our FP we made our way quickly on the ride. It was awesome as always. What was Grandma Sandy's verdict? She loved it! It ended up being one of her favorite rides. She never ceases to amaze me.

Next up was It's Tough To Be A Bug. I always enjoy this show and everyone else has too when we went to it at Animal Kingdom. This year Ava HATED it. The part where the bugs came down from the ceiling about put her over the edge. She was pretty scared, but now she talks about it and says that she liked it.

When we came out of the show Pluto was out to meet people and the girls decided to hop in line. They gave Pluto their autograph books and he really put some time in with them. He did a drawing on both of their covers and his signature inside. I bet he was with the girls for close to 10 minutes.

We decided that Stu, Erin, and I wanted to ride Screamin' again, so we walked to the Little Mermaid ride with Sandy and Ava so they could ride that while we rode Screamin'. Round two of Screamin' was awesome! We had two FPs left for Screamin' and decided to give them to a couple that was walking away because of the long wait in standby. They seemed skeptical when we told them they could still use them even if the time had passed. We saw them get into line, so thankfully they believed us.

For our last ride of the day we rode the Grizzly River Run. I was very thankful that none of ended up soaking wet!

Somewhere along the way we decided that we would for sure view WOC this evening. We decided to take a break from the park for a while and headed to DTD for dinner. We weren't sure what we wanted, but we ended up at House of Blues. It was nice to sit down for a while and reflect on what a great day we were having.

At about six we made our way back to California Adventure. Along the way we saw a beautiful wedding dress in the window at the Grand Californian. Ava was kind of messing around and we asked her what she was doing. She had a key on her charm bracelet and she was trying to open the lock on the window because "I want that dress for my wedding." Stu is going to be in big trouble as these girls grow up!

We joined a few others that had started to gather for WOC. We started to talk with the others around us and three of us decided to look out for each other so we would all get viewing spots together. The best way I can describe the waiting to get in was madness. People were already cursing and trying to shove.

When we were let in we immediately made our way to the bridge and we were able to secure a great spot. We would not have anyone in front of us and the kids would be able to see without a problem. We hunkered down for the wait and everyone was in great spirits.

At 8:15 the show that Erin had been waiting to see for almost a year began, only to stop after less than a minute. For a little while everyone figured that it would start any second. After 10 minutes the atmosphere changed and it began to feel like it would be cancelled. Erin started to quietly sob because she thought we wouldn't get to see it. I tried to explain that I would do this all again the next night just so she could see it, but it was hard to console anyone that had been waiting over two hours that evening to see it.

I don't know how you guys are, but I seem to have one meltdown on each of my vacations and this was my moment. A CM came along to tell everyone that they were trying to fix it and hopefully the show would not be cancelled. Fine, but the CM with her started laughing and saying that he didn't think they were really doing anything to fix it and that is just what they are telling people. I think he thought he was being funny, but it so wasn't in that moment. I looked him straight in the eye and calmly said, "I have a little girl who is heartbroken right now because the one thing she wanted to see for the last year isn't working and we have all been sitting here for way too long tonight to laugh about this. It is not funny right now." To his credit he stopped laughing and walked away.

Thankfully after 20 minutes the show we had anxiously been waiting for started! I don't think I will ever wait for WOC like we did that night ever again, but we all really enjoyed the show. And it was everything Erin had hoped for.

Up next: Toontown Morning Madness

Last edited by LoveMyTwoPrincesses; 02-24-2012 at 11:13 PM.
Old 01-12-2012, 06:20 PM   #140
WDWJonasGirl
Mouseketeer/Directioner

Loved it!!

Kaitlin: Directioner and a Huge Jonas Fan
WDW: 5/03, 4/06, 12/06, 7/09, 8/10, ?/14 DLR: Too Many too count DCL: 1/07, 7/09, 8/11, 8/12, 6/14
DLP: 6/13
WDWJonasGirl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 12:58 AM   #141
Sally_fan
DIS Veteran

Just stumbled upon your trip report today & I am so glad that I did! Great job! Sounds like you all had an amazing time & it is getting me super excited for our upcoming trip this coming October. We had to cancel our trip last year due to an illness in the family so we have been waiting for awhile for it. Looking forward to your next installment!

1st trip to DL (with parents)~1987, 2nd trip to DL (with DH & a friend)~ August 1996-Cavalier Inn & Suites, 3rd trip to DL (with DH, DS-8 DD-5)~ May 2007-Candy Cane Inn, 4th trip to DL (with DH, DS-9, DD-7)~ Oct 2008-HoJo, 5th trip to DL (with DH, DS-10, DD-8)~ Sept 2009-HoJo, 6th trip to DL (with DH, DD-8, DS-11, MIL & FIL)~ Apr 2010-Stovall's Inn, 7th trip to DL (with DH, DS-11, DD-9, my parents & a bunch of friends too!)~ Dec 2010-HoJo, 8th trip to DL (with DH, DS-13 & DD-11)~ Oct 2012-HoJo, 9th trip to DL (with Mom & DD, DS<with school band)~ May 2014!!!
Sally_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 10:03 AM   #142
LoveMyTwoPrincesses
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWJonasGirl View Post
Loved it!!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sally_fan View Post
Just stumbled upon your trip report today & I am so glad that I did! Great job! Sounds like you all had an amazing time & it is getting me super excited for our upcoming trip this coming October. We had to cancel our trip last year due to an illness in the family so we have been waiting for awhile for it. Looking forward to your next installment!
Thanks for posting! We had such a great time during our stay in California. That is too bad that you had to cancel your trip last year, but thankfully you have one to look forward to now. Hopefully the next several months go quickly for you!
Old 01-13-2012, 01:41 PM   #143
mickeyplanner
DIS Veteran

You actually stood for two hours waiting to see WOC? We will definately have to wait years before we go to DLR if the wait is that long. Our little ones would never be able to wait like that.

mickeyplanner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 04:01 PM   #144
LoveMyTwoPrincesses
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeyplanner View Post
You actually stood for two hours waiting to see WOC? We will definately have to wait years before we go to DLR if the wait is that long. Our little ones would never be able to wait like that.
Yes, we did end up waiting two hours to see WOC. The show began at 8:15 and when we showed up to the queuing area at about 6:20 there was already several people waiting and they were all headed in the same direction that we were-the bridge. From what I have read you pretty much need to be lined up 90 minutes before show time to secure a spot along the railings. If you are not concerned about a railing spot you could show up much later, but then you run the risk of having someone taller than you in front of you or a parent with their child on their shoulders. I knew this would probably be a once in a lifetime visit for us, so I was willing to wait to secure that spot on the bridge. But like I said, I don't think I would be willing to wait that way ever again!
Old 01-13-2012, 05:29 PM   #145
Kathy Jetson
DIS Veteran

Thats great grandma Sandy loved TOT. I rode it twice and I can't STAND the stomach drops and I'm scared out of my mind the whole time we are in line

Awww sorry Ava was so scared at ITTBAB. The first time we did it we had to leave in the middle because River was so scared he was shaking. He loves it now though.

10 minutes with Pluto is a long time with a character you got lucky again!

Thats so funny Ava was trying to open the window with her key to get the wedding dress

2 hours is soooo long to wait for something I would have had a meltdown too (my meltdown was in Epcot last time) I'm so glad Erin got to see her show!
Kathy Jetson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 09:41 PM   #146
Sally_fan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMyTwoPrincesses View Post
Yes, we did end up waiting two hours to see WOC. The show began at 8:15 and when we showed up to the queuing area at about 6:20 there was already several people waiting and they were all headed in the same direction that we were-the bridge. From what I have read you pretty much need to be lined up 90 minutes before show time to secure a spot along the railings. If you are not concerned about a railing spot you could show up much later, but then you run the risk of having someone taller than you in front of you or a parent with their child on their shoulders. I knew this would probably be a once in a lifetime visit for us, so I was willing to wait to secure that spot on the bridge. But like I said, I don't think I would be willing to wait that way ever again!
We waited that long for a rail spot as well. We were told that it would be fine to show up an hour before showtime but when we were walking by we noticed people already lining up so we ditched our plans to go on a few rides before lining up & joined them. We were soooooo glad that we did because we had a great unobstructed viewing spot. Having no one in front of the kids blocking their view was so nice. And like you, as worth it as it was to put in the time to get that spot we wouldn't do it again! The show was amazing though, wasn't it? And I am so glad that you all got to see the show!! I know that I would have been quite upset as well.

1st trip to DL (with parents)~1987, 2nd trip to DL (with DH & a friend)~ August 1996-Cavalier Inn & Suites, 3rd trip to DL (with DH, DS-8 DD-5)~ May 2007-Candy Cane Inn, 4th trip to DL (with DH, DS-9, DD-7)~ Oct 2008-HoJo, 5th trip to DL (with DH, DS-10, DD-8)~ Sept 2009-HoJo, 6th trip to DL (with DH, DD-8, DS-11, MIL & FIL)~ Apr 2010-Stovall's Inn, 7th trip to DL (with DH, DS-11, DD-9, my parents & a bunch of friends too!)~ Dec 2010-HoJo, 8th trip to DL (with DH, DS-13 & DD-11)~ Oct 2012-HoJo, 9th trip to DL (with Mom & DD, DS<with school band)~ May 2014!!!
Sally_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 06:15 PM   #147
tessieg
Mouseketeer

Still loving the report! We are deep in the planning for our June trip and can't wait to see the rest of your trip report!
Tessie
tessieg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 06:04 PM   #148
LoveMyTwoPrincesses
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy Jetson View Post
Thats great grandma Sandy loved TOT. I rode it twice and I can't STAND the stomach drops and I'm scared out of my mind the whole time we are in line

Awww sorry Ava was so scared at ITTBAB. The first time we did it we had to leave in the middle because River was so scared he was shaking. He loves it now though.

10 minutes with Pluto is a long time with a character you got lucky again!

Thats so funny Ava was trying to open the window with her key to get the wedding dress

2 hours is soooo long to wait for something I would have had a meltdown too (my meltdown was in Epcot last time) I'm so glad Erin got to see her show!
I was really shocked that she enjoyed TOT so much. She had it built it up so much in her mind that she was going to hate it and thought there would be no changing her mind. She surprises me as much as my children do.

Ava lost it when the bugs came down out of the ceiling. I think she was relieved that it was over and then those bugs had to crawl out underneath her bottem!

Pluto really did an elaborate job on both of their autograph books. It was really cute.

I don't know how she thought she was going to make off with that dress, but she really wanted it!

I am glad to hear that I am not the only one that has meltdowns! I was so relieved when the show finally began.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sally_fan View Post
We waited that long for a rail spot as well. We were told that it would be fine to show up an hour before showtime but when we were walking by we noticed people already lining up so we ditched our plans to go on a few rides before lining up & joined them. We were soooooo glad that we did because we had a great unobstructed viewing spot. Having no one in front of the kids blocking their view was so nice. And like you, as worth it as it was to put in the time to get that spot we wouldn't do it again! The show was amazing though, wasn't it? And I am so glad that you all got to see the show!! I know that I would have been quite upset as well.
Those rail spots seem to be a hot commodity! It was definitely worth the wait when it came time to watch and we didn't have to try to see it through a bunch of people. It was also nice because we didn't have to hold up any kiddos because they could see just fine. Even with all of the drama I can still say the show was amazing, but I was sure glad I didn't have to do it again the next night!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tessieg View Post
Still loving the report! We are deep in the planning for our June trip and can't wait to see the rest of your trip report!
Tessie
Thanks! I'm glad that you are still following along!
Old 01-17-2012, 01:27 PM   #149
Lovemy3babes
Is always in need to get herself and her children back to our "Happy Place"!

I'm sorry the wait was so long but the photos are gorgeous!!

Glad Grandma Sandy loved the ToT!

Just me and my girl…a very special 13th Birthday trip!
(updated 2/20/14)
Lovemy3babes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 04:50 PM   #150
LoveMyTwoPrincesses
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovemy3babes View Post
I'm sorry the wait was so long but the photos are gorgeous!!

Glad Grandma Sandy loved the ToT!
I went into it expecting to have a long wait, but that last twenty minutes was the straw that broke the camel's back. It was worth it in the long run since we had such a great view.

I just saw Sandy this weekend and she is still talking about how much she loved Tower of Terror!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: