Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-15-2012, 06:09 PM   #1
KaChow
Winning every race

Let the PTR begin....Birthday Bash August 2012

The Players:
Grandpa
Grandma
Me (Mel)
My DD1
My DD2
My DS
Brother #1
SIL #1
Niece #1
Brother #2
SIL #2
Niece #2

The location:
Residence Inn Mesa
Residence Inn Anaheim Maingate

The Dates:
August 9th-12th (Mesa, AZ)
August 13th-18th (in DLR)

The Occasion:
4 Birthdays in Two Days!!! (August 18th-19th)
My DS
Niece #1
SIL#1
SIL#2

I can't wait to plan and share all the details with you guys!
Old 03-16-2012, 09:53 AM   #2
KaChow
Winning every race

I'll introduce myself. I'm Melissa (Mel for short) and the mom of three beautiful children:

See, I told you they are beautiful!

I'm also a pastry chef / candy maker:

After a teasing of maybe going to DLR last year, I finally decided enough was enough and I announced to my family that I was taking my kids this year. Of course this started the avalanche and now we're all going, sans my DH who does not like to fly and doesn't have the vacation time to drive.

We will be flying into Phoenix and meeting my parents who will be driving out. We have family in Phoenix who we haven't seen in a while so it'll be nice to visit there for a couple of days.

Then it'll be off to Disney! We have a mini van rented and will be driving through the desert to get to our oasis, DLR. I haven't been there since 2006 and my youngest has never been. We also have others in our party who will be first timers, or haven't been in a long time.

My grandparents lived in Anaheim when we were little, so yearly or bi-yearly visits to DLR were very normal growing. I was *cough* conceived *cough* in the Disneyland parking lot. So I really am a Disney girl at heart!

We're still planning what will go down on what days while we're in Anaheim, looks like the boys will catch a ball game and I for sure want to go to the beach. We also have lots of family in the area so we'll plan some time for that too.

Thanks for reading so far! I'll update when we start to schedule more stuff!
Register to remove

Old 03-19-2012, 08:21 AM   #3
KaChow
Winning every race

Well, we have the hotels in Mesa and Disney booked, and the rental car reserved. We'll be booking flights this week, and then deciding on DLR tickets. Some in our group aren't interested in doing DLR for the full 6 days so we have to see if we're going to go with different tickets for different people.

I think I'll get some of the drawstring backpacks for the teens to use in the park and I'm going to need to shop for a better stroller. So far the Joovy Caboose is winning. We'll have my (almost) 3 yo and my 6 yo niece, so if I get a sit and stand style, she can hop on if she's tired.

We also have to go shoe shopping. I'd like to get some Keen sandals and my oldest DD wants Sperrys. Probably keen sandals for my toddler and we'll see what my picky 13 yo DD wants.
Old 04-10-2012, 03:00 PM   #4
monkey30
Dreaming of my next vacation!

Subing in to read more about your adventure! Looks like fun.

I LOVE my Joovy Caboose, but now my DS is 2.5yrs I find it hard for him to put his feet anywhere..something you may want to look at. BUT I did find it great to use and folds real small. (PS I got mine on amazon super cheap and love the purple I got!)

September Family Trip 2012 PTR
DL Trip Report 2012
Left the Kids at home PTR 2013
monkey30 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: