Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-04-2011, 08:55 PM   #1
pima416
Earning My Ears

Amanda and Kevin's 10-6-12 Wishes Wedding WP and LSS **6/29 Invitations are here!!

I have definitely become addicted to reading everyone's PJ so I decided it was time to make my own.

About us: Amanda (me), 24 and Kevin (26) first met the summer before my freshman year of college. We went to the same high school in MA but never knew each other. I actually was in the same graduating class as DF's sister but I thought she was an only child because she is so outgoing and DF is so quiet.

For my freshman year of college I went to school down in DC and DF went to school in MA. We decided to have a long distance relationship which we both hated, so I transferred to his college my sophomore year to be with him which was the best decision I have made because here we are 6 years later planning our wedding.

Proposal: DF and I are huge Disney fans (we actually have matching mickey head tattoos, mine's on my foot and his is on his arm). Disney was the first vacation we every went on. We had been talking about marriage for awhile but we both wanted to buy a house before we got engaged.

So anyways we bought a house in June 2010 and got engaged in Disney in December 2010. Since we had both mutually decided to get engaged in Disney in December (I hate surprises) we bought my engagement ring together about a month before the engagement. After we bought my ring I kept on begging him to do it before the trip because I was so excited to wear my ring!!

So on our first day at Disney on 12-11-10 we went all around the parks and were walking back to the Yacht club when DF pulled me onto the beach and went over to the lawn chairs and sat down and then he kind of fell onto the sand on both knees and was trying to get something out of his pocket and of course me not being romantic said "Do I get my ring now". I know....probably not the best thing to say but I was so excited to finally wear my ring. DF also pulled out "Just Engaged" buttons which we wore the whole trip.

Below is my ring

Last edited by pima416; 06-29-2012 at 07:21 AM.
pima416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 09:10 PM   #2
pima416
Earning My Ears

Wedding Details

So right now we have a tentative hold for 10-6-12

Ceremony: WP at 2:30pm
Reception: Living Seas

We are expecting around 85 people which is mostly DF's family. DF comes from a huge Irish family. On his dad's side of the family there are 7 aunts and 1 uncle. HUGE. We counted and there are only about 20 people on my side coming to the wedding, this includes my family and friends.

So because we have a lot of people coming down for the wedding we decided that instead of doing a rehearsal dinner we decided to do a Dessert Party as a "Welcome Party" the night before the wedding. We are having it at France.

Below is a picture of DF and I at the Beach Club
Register to remove

Old 10-04-2011, 09:11 PM   #3
pima416
Earning My Ears

Sorry everyone for the big pictures....I have no idea how to make them smaller.
Old 10-04-2011, 09:22 PM   #4
virtuous girl
Faith, trust, & pixie dust

Welcome
Old 10-04-2011, 10:50 PM   #5
vickxo
DIS Veteran

that's so cute that you and your future husband have matching disney tattoos!
93': WDW Dixie Landing; 95': WDW Dixie Landing; 97': WDW Corando Springs; 99': WDW Boardwalk Villas; 01': WDW Boardwalk Villas; 01':Disney Wonder Cruise - FL/Bahama; 03': WDW Boardwalk Villas; 05': WDW Yacht Club; 07': WDW Boardwalk Villas; 10': WDW Boardwalk Villas; 12': Disney Magic Cruise - NYC/Bahama; 12': Disney Magic Cruise - NYC/Canada; 13': WDW Boardwalk Villas/Animal Kingdom Lodge
vickxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 08:38 AM   #6
Chilly
I was having a bit of a blonde moment
D'oh!
Married my prince at WDW

Congratulations. Looking forward to hearing more.
Chilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 03:10 PM   #7
mebbradley
Patiently waiting for the next trip to Disney!

I love the story! :D
Old 10-06-2011, 07:48 PM   #8
pima416
Earning My Ears

One year from today!!!

SO EXCITED!! My DFTW is exactly one year from today!!

Now I have to work on the room block stuff which is due tomorrow. I really wish that this wasn't due so early. I have tried contacting family members to figure out how many rooms I should book for what days and what hotels...so stressed already and it's only the beginning.
Old 10-07-2011, 09:50 AM   #9
LittleKittyMarie
DIS Veteran

Congratulations! Looking forward to reading more! Also the matching Mickey tattoos is so cute! :D
2013 WDW Wedding: BWV & GF | 2013 DCL: Fantasy 7-Night | 2013 ABD: BSM | 2015 DL: D23 Expo
LittleKittyMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 11:46 AM   #10
pima416
Earning My Ears

Thank you everyone for the welcoming!

Only a few things to report for now.

I turned in our room block and now we have to wait a week for our contract to be drawn up.

So I know that it's wicked early, but I have already contacted Rev Jack Day to be our officiant and he agreed! So I'm really excited that I don't have to worry about that any more. I have heard so many good things about Rev Jack Day and knew that I wanted him to be our officiant.

Also I have heard that the Disney photography was not that great so I have contacted Randy Chapman to do everything before and during the ceremony. Since our reception is at Living Seas we need to use Disney photography for at least some of the wedding. Randy was really affordable and I'm really excited that we get a chance to work with him.

I think that's it for now....I have to be at the airport in 3 hours for a flight to California and I haven't even packed yet. I am such a procrastinator.
Old 10-10-2011, 11:53 AM   #11
Chilly
I was having a bit of a blonde moment
D'oh!
Married my prince at WDW

Randy is great - go pack!
Chilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 09:45 PM   #12
pima416
Earning My Ears

Wedding Dress!

So when I decided to look for wedding dresses I really wanted to go to Kleinfelds in New York. I am plus size and I knew it was probably going to be difficult to find a dress and Kleinfelds has a wide selection of plus sized dresses. My mom and FMIL convinced me to try to look around in MA for a dress first and I am so happy I did.

I went to 3 different salons. The first one was very nice and I found a dress by Essence of Australia that I loved but I couldn't commit. The second salon was right down the street from my house and I brought my grandmother (who raised me) because she really wanted to go dress shopping with me. I did not have any luck, but my grandmother was loving it. The third place had the dress I loved at the first place (but cheaper ). They also had several other dresses from the same designer and I fell in love with 3 dresses! I thought it was going to be hard to find even one.

So the one that I decided was not the original one I liked, but I like this one so much more.

Last edited by pima416; 10-19-2011 at 09:44 AM.
pima416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 08:16 AM   #13
tinkerbell 766
If I can't fly, let me sing. Or, in other words if I can't be in Disney, let me talk about it !
DLRP is quite simply my spiritual home

Welcome sweetie - I love your dress and congrats on booking the amazing Mr Chapman!!! You will adore him!!

tinkerbell 766 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 09:07 AM   #14
LittleKittyMarie
DIS Veteran

Your dress is gorgeous!
2013 WDW Wedding: BWV & GF | 2013 DCL: Fantasy 7-Night | 2013 ABD: BSM | 2015 DL: D23 Expo
LittleKittyMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 09:31 PM   #15
pima416
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbell 766 View Post
Welcome sweetie - I love your dress and congrats on booking the amazing Mr Chapman!!! You will adore him!!
Thank You! I'm wicked excited about having Randy!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: